Jump to topic:

Big Brother Government Deniers: WATCH THIS

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 2:01:36 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
If you think there's no agenda to create a Big Brother government that wishes to spy on you and invade your privacy, think again, you're clearly in denial.

Irrefutable proof of big brother agenda. Conspiracy deniers refuted.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 2:19:56 AM
Oh, I don't deny that it's probably gotten this bad. It's a logical consequence of allowing states to interfere in economics. First, the state was the primary agent of oppression, and force was the weapon. Then the church got hold of the state and became the agent of oppression, and religion/morality was the weapon. Now, corporations and banks have taken the reigns, are becoming the agents of oppression, and are using money and technology as their weapons. :P
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 2:20:26 AM
At 5/17/2011 2:19:56 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Oh, I don't deny that it's probably gotten this bad. It's a logical consequence of allowing states to interfere in economics. First, the state was the primary agent of oppression, and force was the weapon. Then the church got hold of the state and became the agent of oppression, and religion/morality was the weapon. Now, corporations and banks have taken the reins, are becoming the agents of oppression, and are using money and technology as their weapons. :P
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 2:23:48 AM
Note: Be sure to watch the video in the normal picture size or bigger so that you can read the documentation that he provides.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 2:24:45 AM
Regarding "spying" as the problem trivializes what government is capable of. I'd much rather have a brother than a mommy or a daddy.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 4:54:32 AM
Now, corporations and banks have taken the reins, are becoming the agents of oppression, and are using money and technology as their weapons. :P

Bang on. But what have you done with the real Cody?
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 5:07:39 AM
At 5/17/2011 4:54:32 AM, feverish wrote:
Now, corporations and banks have taken the reins, are becoming the agents of oppression, and are using money and technology as their weapons. :P

I don't know what you mean. I'm still just as much a supporter of the free market. I really hope that you don't think capitalists support corporatism. The whole idea is that government and economy are separate--not just that governments don't regulate and such, but that companies don't get to use political pull to gain unfair advantages.
djsherin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 11:53:38 AM
At 5/17/2011 2:24:45 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Regarding "spying" as the problem trivializes what government is capable of. I'd much rather have a brother than a mommy or a daddy.

Big Daddy government, lol.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 2:58:27 PM
So I guess no one cares that the government plans to put a fascist microchip in everyone's cell phone granting them the ability to force messages to your phone and even have a killswitch to power off your phone when they feel like it.

Or how about them giving cops the ability to force their way into your personal computer and remotely control and access it.

Yeah, there's no Big Brother conspiracy is there? Wrong. And now all the conspiracy deniers will PAY for dismissing the conspiracists and suffering from not taking action and spreading the concern.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 3:09:03 PM
At 5/17/2011 5:07:39 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

I don't know what you mean. I'm still just as much a supporter of the free market. I really hope that you don't think capitalists support corporatism. The whole idea is that government and economy are separate--not just that governments don't regulate and such, but that companies don't get to use political pull to gain unfair advantages.

i thought you were an anarchist?
signature
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 7:18:54 PM
At 5/17/2011 2:58:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
So I guess no one cares that the government plans to put a fascist microchip in everyone's cell phone granting them the ability to force messages to your phone and even have a killswitch to power off your phone when they feel like it.

Microchips aren't fascist. Just get straight to the problem, which is technological domination. Spying, etc. are just peripheral.

Or how about them giving cops the ability to force their way into your personal computer and remotely control and access it.

Alright.

Yeah, there's no Big Brother conspiracy is there? Wrong. And now all the conspiracy deniers will PAY for dismissing the conspiracists and suffering from not taking action and spreading the concern.

Alright, that's just unnecessary fear-mongering.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 7:19:32 PM
At 5/17/2011 3:09:03 PM, badger wrote:
At 5/17/2011 5:07:39 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

i thought you were an anarchist?

I am. But if I don't get to get anarchism right away, this is where I want to start.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 7:24:37 PM

ah, life is good.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 7:27:56 PM
I really don't understand. When people walk into a store and see cameras, what do they think? Do they think that the store is spying on them? That the owners want to see them undress and sell the pictures on the internet? No, most people think "it is to catch shoplifters, and I have no reason to fear the cameras so long as I don't do anything bad." And is there anything wrong with that thinking?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 7:33:37 PM
At 5/17/2011 7:27:56 PM, OreEle wrote:
I really don't understand. When people walk into a store and see cameras, what do they think? Do they think that the store is spying on them? That the owners want to see them undress and sell the pictures on the internet? No, most people think "it is to catch shoplifters, and I have no reason to fear the cameras so long as I don't do anything bad." And is there anything wrong with that thinking?

The difference is, there's really no potential for abuse with the shopkeeper. Cameras in a store don't really capture anything done by innocent people, except them shopping--the only thing they really can do is catch criminals. And if someone still didn't like them, they could just not shop at that store.

With something like an internet/cell phone kill switch, there is a lot of potential for abuse and harm to innocent people. In addition, a shopkeeper is putting a camera in his own store--the government does things to other people's property.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 8:09:21 PM
At 5/17/2011 2:01:36 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

If you think there's no agenda to create a Big Brother government that wishes to spy on you and invade your privacy, think again, you're clearly in denial.

Irrefutable proof of big brother agenda. Conspiracy deniers refuted.

The Big Brother behind the curtain is the corporatocracy, i.e. the ruling capitalist elite that's extensively co-opted our supposedly democratic institutions and government. If you genuinely wish to oppose big government, then you need to oppose big business. If your heart is calling you to be a foe of Big Brother, you must become a foe of capitalism and its ruling elite. Otherwise you're just conformingly confining your mind in the intellectual box of conventionality, which is the greatest instrument of social control that the ole ruling elite has in its toolbox of control.

(Btw, there's no stereotypical, B-movie conspiracy per se, just the exercise of massive economic power and political clout that enables the corporatocracy to run the show without having to fool around with any silly "conspiracy". In other words, the moneyed masters of the system already have a darn strong lock on ruling the world, a conspiracy would be a totally superfluous duplication of their efforts!)
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 8:33:47 PM

Oh noes! Next thing you know the King of England is gonna bust into your house and take your baby. (On a side note I thoroughly enjoyed the 'fascist' qualifier in this context)

Lol. Anyone with the time and motivation can already do this to you... the only difference being that it's presently illegal.

Paranoid much? There's no conspiracy. I don't think anyone is actually surprised by this. How do you expect your day-to-day life is going to change? Are you going to freak out every time you have a call dropped because you think it's some douche in the government playing with switches? These huge jumps to doomsday predictions is exactly why conspiracy theorists are ridiculed. There's always a base and a conclusion but everything in between is strangely missing.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 10:19:27 PM
Geo, deliver more of your arguments in text form. If I wanted to debate on youtube I'd go debate on youtube. TL;DW
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.