Askbob for President? NOT!

charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 9:12:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Askbob for President? Let Us Pray Not!

(I recently received a request to share some thoughts on the possibility of good ole askbob winning the position of community president in an upcoming election. Below are my personal thoughts.)

Please forgive my bluntness in this "editorial" about why we all should think twice about electing askbob to a position of any authority. I normally don't like to resort to employing colloquial vulgarity and rude name-calling, but askbob is what's commonly known today as a d*ck. Yeah, I know, some of you are thinking that it takes one to know one; but if you're right that's just all the more reason to believe that I might be right about ole penile Bobby.

Well, in my experience "d*ck is practically a technical term when it comes to askbob, it applies to him that aptly! Some of you might remember that once upon a time, a few months ago, Bob evinced his penchant for petty and puerile d*ckishness by engaging in a bit of prankish harassment to discourage me from further participation at this site. Somehow he obtained my phone number and made a facetiously intimidating call meant to amuse himself and his ideological peanut gallery.

Not only was his action adolescently d*cklike, and a deliberate dirty trick to get rid of someone he ideologically disagrees with, it demonstrated a serious lack of ethics. It's one thing to have and be biased in favor of a strong philosophical point of view, I myself plead guilty to this. However, it's another matter altogether, and something quite concerning when an individual immaturely indulges his ideological bias against someone and takes it to the extreme of playing an ethically questionable practical joke designed to scare his victim off the site. This really does raise a question of character.

Askbob's smirking shenanigan was admittedly trifling, but it was also telling. It tells us something arguably significant about the man's personality that he would commit such a breach of forum etiquette, of the unwritten rules of cyber civility, and of just plain good sportsmanship. And for what, to impose his will that the site become a private preserve of people who share his opinions? This is hardly someone we can count on to uphold the principles of balance, inclusiveness, and fairness if we entrust him with any power.

Sure, we're not electing the president of the country here, and I don't mean to get too heavy, but the man seems to be lacking in judgment and tolerance. He allowed his intolerance of my views to get his goat to the point that he anonymously phoned me, identifying himself as the representative of the libertarian "sect" at Debate.org, and warning me to cease posting at the site because he and his fellow libertarians are "legion"!

This was clearly meant to be a veiled threat, and was spoken in a mock-intimidating voice. Our dear Bobby had enough sophistication to refrain from crossing the legal line and actually saying "If you continue posting we will get you" – but if you tell someone "Do as I say because there are a lot of my homies out there, and we know who you are", well, a threat is pretty unmistakably implied. This might not hold up in a court of law, but I think that in the court of public opinion reasonable people, even those who share Bob's politics, can admit that he certainly suggested a threat. He may have had his tongue in cheek, but his intolerant desire to be rid of me was serious, and this is the unethical and d*cklike way he expressed it.

A vote for askbob, then, will be tantamount to a vote for poor judgment, for bias, for intolerance, and for the exclusivistic attitude that "People whose views or style of self-expression don't conform to what I like should be humorously harassed off the site". A vote for askbob will be a vote for his childish cliquishness; and his disdainfulness of the concept of a forum for people with opposing ideas, a forum where they can express themselves freely and argue without fear of some self-appointed thought policeman pranking them as a form of social control. Shouldn't we all be genuinely concerned about this?

Ironically, the people here who should be the most concerned and disapproving are askbob's fellow libertarians, for his jokey attempt to play thought policeman on your behalf (recall that he identified himself as a spokesman for the libertarian faction of Debate.org) certainly doesn't fit with your core principles. Askbob's tactics are not the sort of behavior that would be conducive to the successful actualization of libertarian principles in any kind of community, either in the real world or in cyberspace. Rather, they're the precise sort of chilling tactics that could be used to enforce conformity and curtail intellectual liberty. Yep, libertarians should be especially concerned about the prospect of handing any power to the likes of askbob. He's not a nice fellow, nor a good standard-bearer for your philosophy, take a stand of conscience for your professed principles and repudiate him by denying him your vote.

If we do make the unfortunate mistake of electing askbob we take the real risk of ending up with a little tin Führer, someone who will create an atmosphere that many will no longer be comfortable with. No, the result will not be literal death, as was the case with the election of another Führer, but it very well might spell the death of Debate.org as we know it. Perhaps it won't happen immediately and in a dramatic fashion, but we may find the spirit of the site undergoing a slow death, we might witness it experiencing many small deaths – the death of impartiality, the death or diminishment of our freedom to be different, the death of the site's integrity of purpose. And when this lingering death goes far enough we may find the old spirit of hospitality and evenhandedness giving way to a new zeitgeist colored by askbob's partisanship and juvenile mentality.

Not to be melodramatic, but yes, we truly may witness the demise of Debate.org, and the rise of something more like Private Conversation of People Acceptable to Askbob.org! Sure, I know what some of you may be thinking, you're thinking that I'm just grinding my own ax, as it were. Yes, I don't deny that I have my personal issue with askbob; however, that doesn't necessarily mean that I'm wrong, and I maintain that the incident I've related says much about the man. He may have derived some jollies from punking me, but the way he did it revealed him to be a punk. He's certainly no Ashton Kutcher, nor is he a man of honor and probity.

No, I'm afraid that in my view askbob is not worthy of any position that would give him stature and influence in our little online community, I don't believe that electing him would be a safe and sensible thing to do at all. According to the Elected Officials page: "Each year, the DDO community elects a President to represent the members of this site and help organize iniatives to enhance the environment of the community." If we sincerely want someone who will adequately and decently fill such a role, and if we're interested in retaining Debate.org's open-door policy, diversity, and intellectually stimulating nature, askbob is definitely not the man for the job. I urge everyone, including his fellow libertarians, to choose a bright future for the site by refraining from giving askbob your vote.

(Btw, we'll see now if he is man enough to refrain from responding with more out-of-line harassment. I'll let you-all know if he does anything petty-vindictive. Maybe he'll realize that he would only be proving my points.)
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 9:56:42 PM
OK as usual I made it a couple paragraphs and can now only guess how you filled the other 16 of them with rhetoric about the guy. You could have just told us he's wronged you and left it at that... You obviously haven't taken my advice to heart.

I think I speak for most of the site when I say that we've heard enough attacks on askbob at this point and calling him a d*ck a thousand more times isn't going to make him anymore so. Perhaps you just don't use the site enough to know it, but if you go to the DDO forum its loaded with trash-talking about him and there are even threads dedicated to it.

When Cain slew abel, God put a mark upon Cain and told those who saw it not to judge him or else they will suffer his fate times seven. Askbob has borne the mark of Cain and will get what is rightfully his with or without your judgment so let's just lay this one to rest and look forward. Anyone who continues to instigate trouble with him at this point is wrong in my opinion, unless he starts misbehaving again. I have to deal with enough mud-slinging during real elections but on DDO we have a chance to be better than the scum that run this country. There's a reason, after all, that most of us are anarchists/minarchists.
kfc
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 10:04:18 PM
When an outraged Hitler produced a paper entitled "100 Scientists Against Einstein" he simply replied, "If I were wrong, one would have been enough."
kfc
Justin_Chains
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 10:14:42 PM
There's a reason, after all, that most of us are anarchists/minarchists.

What is a Minarchist?

I'm trying to learn from all the smart people on this site... I am confused about politics right now. Big government, little government, no government... I have a lot to learn.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 10:17:03 PM
At 5/17/2011 10:14:42 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:

What is a Minarchist?

Someone who believes that goverment and the nonaggression principle can coexist.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 10:31:36 PM
Askbob now has a new campaign tool: I AM OPPOSED BY CHARLESLB. Everybody knows that this correlates highly with being good.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 10:45:46 PM
At 5/17/2011 10:17:03 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

What is a Minarchist?

Someone who believes that goverment and the nonaggression principle can coexist.

In non-rhetorical terms, a minarchy is a government that is simply small. Usually it's only meant to enforce property rights and provide police, courts, and prisons... no bureacracy, no welfare, etc. Businesses can pollute however they feel, set their own standards for safety and quality, collude, monopolize, whatever, and it is believed that competition will keep this all in check. I'm not a believer.
kfc
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 10:48:53 PM
At 5/17/2011 10:31:36 PM, mongoose wrote:
Askbob now has a new campaign tool: I AM OPPOSED BY CHARLESLB. Everybody knows that this correlates highly with being good.

Maybe Askbob can regain ground by promising to put character limits on the opening post...
kfc
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 10:53:35 PM
At 5/17/2011 10:48:53 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:

Maybe Askbob can regain ground by promising to put character limits on the opening post...

Or implement the following: http://xkcd.com...
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 10:57:06 PM

I'm sure he will, so he can have all of them.

I find it kinda ironic. Didn't askbob brag about making Charles leave DDO?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 11:24:25 PM
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 12:20:08 AM
At 5/17/2011 10:45:46 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:

What is a Minarchist?

In non-rhetorical terms, a minarchy is a government that is simply small.
That IS rhetorical-- it says nothing substantive. Though I should add "And seeks to make it do so."
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 9:03:58 AM
Charlesb, how are you able to write so much about so little? This is not to insult. Sometimes if I have a paper to write, and little evidence to back it up, I would like to have a longer paper.

That entire essay can be summarized as:
Askbob is a d!ck. He attacked me personally without justification, and does not represent a true libertarian.

You only used his attack against you, when there's a lot more evidence to gather that askbob is a d!ck.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 9:50:11 AM
At 5/18/2011 9:03:58 AM, darkkermit wrote:
Charlesb, how are you able to write so much about so little? This is not to insult. Sometimes if I have a paper to write, and little evidence to back it up, I would like to have a longer paper.

That entire essay can be summarized as:
Askbob is a d!ck. He attacked me personally without justification, and does not represent a true libertarian.

You only used his attack against you, when there's a lot more evidence to gather that askbob is a d!ck.

I would just like to affirm this and state it is a most wonderful talent. To what can I compare such brilliance to? Your words are like a flowing river of unending verbosity. Just like a son of a capitalist pig on his gap year, you find yourself chundering insight everywhere in a formulation most lyrical. Therefore, it must be affirmed repeatedly and emphatically that your talent and even mentalite is of a greatly and vastly superior quality to mine own. Lest this point is ignored because I have only stated it three times before, I find your use of verbiage most splendid, and thus might be able to surmise that your character is of a terrific and marvellous nature aswell.

Ironically there are those who would criticise your choice of words. Some use ridiculous and laughable adjectives to describe your posts, such as "wordy", "needlessly long", "more like a sandwhich without a hat, than a sandwhich with hat", "unlikely to win in a fight against a dolphin" (don't worry - it happens to the best of us, it is a commonly accepted fact that dolphins fight dirty) and of course "dull". I would state here and now upon the rooftops that Charles' writing style is impecable, and without fault. The cruel and repeated whining of the capitalists only reinforce his brilliance.

A statement therefore that Charles uses more words than necessary to make a simple point, is tantamount to ignorance of the highest degree, that it would make the speaker a facist and unequivocably prove communism's superiority without doubt. Would that I could (actually I probably could) I would write odes to the many and great plurality of Charles' words.

Not to give credit where none is due of course, but Charles's verbose style has caused even the greatest amongst us to fall down in supplication crying out their ineptitude and how much they smell of fecal matter.Therefore, it must be affirmed repeatedly and emphatically that your talent and even mentalite is of a greatly and vastly superior quality to mine own. Lest this point is ignored because I have only stated it three times before, I find your use of verbiage most splendid, and thus might be able to surmise that your character is of a terrific and marvellous nature aswell.

Ironically there are those who would criticise your choice of words. Some use ridiculous and laughable adjectives to describe your posts, such as "repetitive", "lacking in comical similes" and "reminiscent of a woman one wouldn't touch even if one had all the alcohol in the world". These fools are blinded by their greed and delusion that capitalism is the most fair and ethical system. Such people ought to be rounded up and thrown to the lions or sharks, dependant if we are on land or a ship. If we are in a space ship they should be thrown out the airlock. If we are in a plane we should, despite the its inhumanity, make them sit in economy.

Conclusion

Therefore I would indubitoubly state that Charles' writing is life. What can be said about could only be written in the most excellent and longest of books. In centuries to come people will hail him as the next great shakespear.

[Please note; this is a parody of his length, not his style. Hence the more poetic expressions, and not particularly verbose lexical choices]
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 11:19:26 AM
LMAO For those of you who don't know, i called charles and asked him to shorten his posts. I said that I represented the libertarian sect of DDO and that we were annoyed by the long posts.

LMFAO
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 11:22:36 AM
Also the call had nothing to do with his political views or my political views. For anyone that doesn't know, basically anyone who disagrees with charles or doesn't want to read his long posts is a libertarian. It doesn't matter if you actually are a libertarian. He's convinced that all libertarians are pure evil, so i thought it'd be hilarious to say that i represented them so he'd freak.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 11:34:48 AM
At 5/18/2011 11:22:36 AM, askbob wrote:
Also the call had nothing to do with his political views or my political views. For anyone that doesn't know, basically anyone who disagrees with charles or doesn't want to read his long posts is a libertarian. It doesn't matter if you actually are a libertarian. He's convinced that all libertarians are pure evil, so i thought it'd be hilarious to say that i represented them so he'd freak.

yous was trollin!
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 12:34:18 PM
At 5/17/2011 10:59:02 PM, Koopin wrote:
Lol, this is the first post by this guy I have read all the way through.

i thought it was gonna be mine. i was wrong :(
signature
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 1:09:14 PM
At 5/17/2011 10:57:06 PM, jharry wrote:

I'm sure he will, so he can have all of them.

I find it kinda ironic. Didn't askbob brag about making Charles leave DDO?

On the rivaleslb wiki page, bob claims to have "defeated" charles "in battle." That's approaching Lionheart status in cheesy-ness, IMO
kfc
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 1:11:13 PM
At 5/18/2011 12:20:08 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

What is a Minarchist?

That IS rhetorical-- it says nothing substantive. Though I should add "And seeks to make it do so."

False dichotomy. Rhetoric is simply pursuasive speech. A statement can have elements of rhetoric, substance, both, or neither.
kfc
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 1:21:53 PM

Precisely. He has talent and his creative writing skills are off the chart... However he makes no attempt to respect his viewers' time and he makes no attempt to apply skill to his posts in the form of being concise.

I took a class, "Social Research Methods," in which the professor forced us to cram our paper proposals into one tiny paragraph. He told us that succinctness was his biggest challenge in college, and was going to pass that lesson onto us. After we submitted our proposals, he returned each one, rewritten in an even more succinct form, just to show us how much space we wasted. Charles' inability to master this skill is glaring and he would really benefit from a class like the one I took. Perhaps later in his studies he will encounter a professor who will teach him, like a toddler learning to wipe his face after eating. Until then, Charles will continue to roam the halls of DDO with sauce on his cheeks, defiantly resisting our attempts to right him.
kfc
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 1:32:20 PM
At 5/18/2011 1:21:53 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:

Precisely. He has talent and his creative writing skills are off the chart.

No they're not. He has a thesaurus addiction and a fondness for alliteration. Anyone who's passed high school English knows excessive wordiness is NOT a characteristic of good writing. Ernest Hemingway said more in 7,709 characters ("Hills Like White Elephants") than Charles will in his entire life.
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 1:46:10 PM
At 5/18/2011 9:50:11 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
I would just like to affirm this and state it is a most wonderful talent. To what can I compare such brilliance to? Your words are like a flowing river of unending verbosity. Just like a son of a capitalist pig on his gap year, you find yourself chundering insight everywhere in a formulation most lyrical. Therefore, it must be affirmed repeatedly and emphatically that your talent and even mentalite is of a greatly and vastly superior quality to mine own...

Firstly, mocking imitation of someone's writing is the sincerest form of masturbatory waggery for mediocre wits – and reveals both immaturity, unkindness, and lame powers of mentation.

Secondly, your allusion to my presumed desire to feel intellectually superior is perhaps a Freudian slip that betrays your own issues with other people's intellectuality, and your own feelings of insecurity. Perhaps you might wish to examine your underlying psychological motives for your defensively derisive response to my post. After all, those people who need to cut others down to size, with or without humor, generally feel somewhat anxious about their own ability to measure up.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 2:19:11 PM
At 5/18/2011 1:32:20 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
No they're not. He has a thesaurus addiction and a fondness for alliteration. Anyone who's passed high school English knows excessive wordiness is NOT a characteristic of good writing. Ernest Hemingway said more in 7,709 characters ("Hills Like White Elephants") than Charles will in his entire life.

1. I'm a logophile and collector of words, as it were, not a thesaurus addict. And no, I don't claim to be intellectually superior because of my vocabulary, my largish lexicon is merely a result of the fact that words are my hobby.

2. As for alliteration, perhaps my namesake Charles Churchill had J.Kenyon in mind when he wrote wrote: "Who often, but without success, have prayed for apt alliteration's artful aid." Those whose self-expression lacks the quality of "artfulness" are often wont to put it down in others. At any rate, although alliteration may not be the highest form of wit, it's no rhetorical sin either.

3. Wordy, prolix, verbose, long-winded, voluble, logorrheic, constantly venting hot air? Who me? Why I'll have you know that I'm parsimoniously economical with my words. Okay, let me get my tongue out of my cheek and say that this criticism is just one of the picayune ways that the nattering conservative nabobs of nit-picking like to rage against my left-leaning views. Maybe when some of you grow up enough to leave the mean-spirited ad hominem tack behind you'll be able to disagree in a way that's worthy of respect, but for now you come off as irritable and insulting children.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 3:06:48 PM
At 5/18/2011 1:46:10 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 5/18/2011 9:50:11 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
I would just like to affirm this and state it is a most wonderful talent. To what can I compare such brilliance to? Your words are like a flowing river of unending verbosity. Just like a son of a capitalist pig on his gap year, you find yourself chundering insight everywhere in a formulation most lyrical. Therefore, it must be affirmed repeatedly and emphatically that your talent and even mentalite is of a greatly and vastly superior quality to mine own...

Firstly, mocking imitation of someone's writing is the sincerest form of masturbatory waggery for mediocre wits – and reveals both immaturity, unkindness, and lame powers of mentation.

Secondly, your allusion to my presumed desire to feel intellectually superior is perhaps a Freudian slip that betrays your own issues with other people's intellectuality, and your own feelings of insecurity. Perhaps you might wish to examine your underlying psychological motives for your defensively derisive response to my post. After all, those people who need to cut others down to size, with or without humor, generally feel somewhat anxious about their own ability to measure up.

Oh how you make me laugh. I do believe you write well. But one can get too much of a good thing. Also I never said anything about your style being borne of believed superiority, so I'm pretty sure you're just projecting.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 4:56:25 PM
At 5/18/2011 1:11:13 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:
At 5/18/2011 12:20:08 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

What is a Minarchist?

False dichotomy. Rhetoric is simply pursuasive speech. A statement can have elements of rhetoric, substance, both, or neither.

Why say something insubstantive without persuasive elements?
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 7:55:36 PM
At 5/18/2011 3:06:48 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
Oh how you make me laugh. I do believe you write well. But one can get too much of a good thing. Also I never said anything about your style being borne of believed superiority, so I'm pretty sure you're just projecting.

I quote: "Therefore, it must be affirmed repeatedly and emphatically that your talent and even mentalite is of a greatly and vastly superior quality to mine own..."

So you see, you do in fact allude to my supposed air of superiority. Well, either you're not being facetious and are sincerely acknowledging the vast superiority of my mental powers, which I think unlikely given the facetious tone of your writing; or, you're suggesting that I suffer from an inflated sense of my own intellectual superiority. The latter is obviously the case, ergo I'm not guilty of "projecting" at all, I simply gave a retort to your obvious implication.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2011 3:11:50 AM
At 5/18/2011 7:55:36 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 5/18/2011 3:06:48 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

I quote: "Therefore, it must be affirmed repeatedly and emphatically that your talent and even mentalite is of a greatly and vastly superior quality to mine own..."

So you see, you do in fact allude to my supposed air of superiority. Well, either you're not being facetious and are sincerely acknowledging the vast superiority of my mental powers, which I think unlikely given the facetious tone of your writing; or, you're suggesting that I suffer from an inflated sense of my own intellectual superiority. The latter is obviously the case, ergo I'm not guilty of "projecting" at all, I simply gave a retort to your obvious implication.

Sorry, if you got that. I was just chundering words out, not really thinking what I was saying but just trying to find a really long way of expressing that your writing is good.