Jump to topic:

fellow conservatives....

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 12:28:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
fellow conservatives, please read this debate and counter the votebombing from all the liberals that voted on this debate. http://www.debate.org...

Rightwingconspiracyguy is a championship debater and honestly deserves the win for this first debate. the Con simply rested his entire case on claiming blatant facts are actually 'arguments from authority' and does not do a very good job at making said case either.

I'd like it if RWCG could see this site is worth the time of professional debates like himself that have debated in real tournaments as much as it is for armatures like me who have pretty much only debated on this website. but if he loses his first debate just because it is votebombed by those who's view is opposite of his resolution to start with.... he might not get that impression of DDO.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 12:39:48 AM
He wasn't votebombed. This was a debate on which people could legitimately disagree who won. And yes, those WERE ad authoritatem arguments.

Furthermore, it is unlikely any "liberals" in the sense you are thinking of voted on the debate.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 12:41:53 AM
Also, I don't think you know what the word professional means.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 1:25:12 AM
J.Kenyon is not a liberal :p. Also, why are you only conservatives? Shouldn't fair judges vote? I am planning on starting a debate stating that welfare should be abolished. Perhaps I should call on only libertarians and anarcho-capitalists to vote :p.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 1:26:59 AM
At 5/25/2011 1:25:12 AM, darkkermit wrote:
J.Kenyon is not a liberal :p. Also, why are you only recruiting conservatives? Shouldn't you recruit impartial judges? I am planning on starting a debate stating that welfare should be abolished. Perhaps I should call on only libertarians and anarcho-capitalists to vote :p.

fixed
Open borders debate:
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 1:38:28 AM
I only see one votebomb on that debate and it's yours.

Also, you posted this in the comments:

"Interesting how everyone who does not vote the way you would vote you think they must have personal reasons for doing so."

Now that's funny...
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 2:13:18 AM
At 5/25/2011 1:38:28 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I only see one votebomb on that debate and it's yours.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
djsherin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 11:02:30 AM
At 5/25/2011 12:28:59 AM, Marauder wrote:
fellow conservatives, please read this debate and counter the votebombing from all the liberals that voted on this debate. http://www.debate.org...

Rightwingconspiracyguy is a championship debater and honestly deserves the win for this first debate. the Con simply rested his entire case on claiming blatant facts are actually 'arguments from authority' and does not do a very good job at making said case either.

I'd like it if RWCG could see this site is worth the time of professional debates like himself that have debated in real tournaments as much as it is for armatures like me who have pretty much only debated on this website. but if he loses his first debate just because it is votebombed by those who's view is opposite of his resolution to start with.... he might not get that impression of DDO.

That a conservative would even defend Ryan's budget is indicative of how far conservatism has veered off track from the likes of Goldwater.
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 11:43:02 AM

They are not liberals bro.

Rightwingconspiracyguy is a championship debater

Really? REALLY? He's 14. And that's virginia bro. I went to 5A state in LD debate in Texas. That's top 12 in a much larger state.

and honestly deserves the win for this first debate. the Con simply rested his entire case on claiming blatant facts are actually 'arguments from authority' and does not do a very good job at making said case either.

Hahahah. His whole case is "Because Paul Ryan said so". When asked to describe or explain Paul Ryan's plan he's got nothing. The Plan is a political stunt. It is not serious.

I'd like it if RWCG could see this site is worth the time of professional debates like himself that have debated in real tournaments

I'm probably one of the most seasoned "real life" debaters you're going to find. I've been on UIL/NFL/TFA circuits.

as much as it is for armatures like me who have pretty much only debated on this website. but if he loses his first debate just because it is votebombed by those who's view is opposite of his resolution to start with.... he might not get that impression of DDO.

What is this? We have to play nice with him because its his first time? He has literally NO redeeming merits. He claimed that economics was a "precise science" and that Paul Ryan was super smart and credible just because he's an elected politician.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Things that are so interesting:

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2011 12:09:34 AM
At 5/25/2011 11:43:02 AM, Sieben wrote:

Rightwingconspiracyguy is a championship debater

Really? REALLY? He's 14.
pretty incredible right. his accomplishments at 14 I find give me incentive to send my kids should I ever have any to private school.
And that's virginia bro. I went to 5A state in LD debate in Texas. That's top 12 in a much larger state.
did I say something that suggested he has never had to leave the state for a tournament? he recently came back from a trip to Texas where he placed 3rd in a tournament.

I'd like it if RWCG could see this site is worth the time of professional debates like himself that have debated in real tournaments

I'm probably one of the most seasoned "real life" debaters you're going to find. I've been on UIL/NFL/TFA circuits.

congratulations, its a shame you did not give the best example of the skills you have honed in those tournaments to impress our new member with the quality of the debates of this sight. before I even got to see the debate he told me at scouts how all you argued in the debates was 'argument from authority' and after reading it I would have to agree.
as much as it is for armatures like me who have pretty much only debated on this website. but if he loses his first debate just because it is votebombed by those who's view is opposite of his resolution to start with.... he might not get that impression of DDO.

What is this? We have to play nice with him because its his first time?
how on earth do you get 'play nice' out of my post about quality of debate?
what I am saying is people like you or him who debate in real tournaments, went to a school that devotes a whole semester long class to logic and logic fallacies could think this sight is just for armatures like me who went to a public school that has no debate club, but finds they have an 'argumentative' personality..... If his first debate shows the quality of a sight with nothing but argumentative people that actually have no experience in real debate tournaments.

He has literally NO redeeming merits. He claimed that economics was a "precise science"
right, and you think its based on how 'good the people feel'
and that Paul Ryan was super smart and credible just because he's an elected politician.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

see, stuff like this is okay for forum debates, but in official ones immature crap like this can rational cost you conduct point.

is it a big deal?, no which is why its appropriate conduct is just 1 point.

debate with at the very least attempted respect and you have debated with honor in my book.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2011 12:30:35 AM
J.Kenyon is not a liberal :p. Also, why are you only conservatives? Shouldn't fair judges vote? I am planning on starting a debate stating that welfare should be abolished. Perhaps I should call on only libertarians and anarcho-capitalists to vote :p.

given my basic assumption that those voting on the debate are voting against him from there own opposite stances on the issue, then to find a counter would be to hope for some without that bias to give there votes too.

if I have a debate about god and all the voters are voting against me side in it, but notice that all the voters happen to be atheist, its hard not to suspect a connection. If I wanted any balance to that I would have to hope for some votes from non-atheist voters.

I think Ideally a lot of both sides would vote on ones debate. then you could pick out who is vote-bombing for their side, who is just a unpleasable simon cowl, and who is genuinely critiquing by the debate and not the issue.

its hard to know which case has happened when so few that agree with one side to start with bother voting on the debate at all. I dont think asking for more votes is enough when one demographic seems to be the only one bothering to vote or is noticeably not voting. there's nothing wrong with requesting for more votes specifically from an absent demographic.

it could only help for purposes of critique.

A Scout is Obedient.
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2011 7:53:48 AM
At 5/26/2011 12:09:34 AM, Marauder wrote:

pretty incredible right. his accomplishments at 14 I find give me incentive to send my kids should I ever have any to private school.

Red herring. He's not a "championship" debater the same way lance armstrong was not a "championship" biker at age 14.

And that's virginia bro. I went to 5A state in LD debate in Texas. That's top 12 in a much larger state.
did I say something that suggested he has never had to leave the state for a tournament? he recently came back from a trip to Texas where he placed 3rd in a tournament.

But you don't know which circuit? Okay.

And by the way? You could just be lying about all this. There's a good prima facie case that RWCG is a horrible debater, reducing the probability that he's actually good in real life.

congratulations, its a shame you did not give the best example of the skills you have honed in those tournaments to impress our new member with the quality of the debates of this sight. before I even got to see the debate he told me at scouts how all you argued in the debates was 'argument from authority' and after reading it I would have to agree.

Wait. I did not use appeals to authority. He did. I called them out. That's because that is ALL HE DID. A debater is supposed to be able to creatively argue for their case given a set of facts. He did not present facts. He just said "hur hur Paul Ryan says Paul Ryan's plan will work". Not only did I expose that mind numbingly sycophantic logic, I also went into the document and showed how Paul Ryan is a moron. Pro had NO answer.

I thought Championship debaters didn't drop arguments btw? Not only did he drop arguments, he dropped about 5 tags. Whats up with that? Can't he read?

And btw? Nice red herring. I'm still way more experienced than either of you in real life. I've been on tougher circuits and come out on top. If you think I somehow "tanked it" in the debate with RWCG, I don't think you know what good debating is.

how on earth do you get 'play nice' out of my post about quality of debate?
what I am saying is people like you or him who debate in real tournaments, went to a school that devotes a whole semester long class to logic and logic fallacies

Wrong. I went to JB Alexander High School in Laredo Texas. Not only do we have no debate/logic/philosophy classes, I was also the first and probably last person from that district to go to 5A state in debate. The school is retarded.

Its just that there's this thing called the internet where you can look up what "red herring" means. It's pretty simple actually.

could think this sight is just for armatures like me who went to a public school that has no debate club, but finds they have an 'argumentative' personality.....

So you're saying that even though you're probably going to be wrong, you still want to debate and then you're going to complain about it when you lose?

If his first debate shows the quality of a sight with nothing but argumentative people that actually have no experience in real debate tournaments.

Like I said. Why do we have to play nice? We don't owe him any special favors. If anything, he deserves a fair and impartial set of judges. He got fair ballots. Problem?

He has literally NO redeeming merits. He claimed that economics was a "precise science"
right, and you think its based on how 'good the people feel'

HAHAHAHAH

So if I trade my pie for your milk, that's not economics? Okay. Here. Read wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org... If it weren't for asymmetries in subjective preference trade would never occur.

and that Paul Ryan was super smart and credible just because he's an elected politician.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

see, stuff like this is okay for forum debates, but in official ones immature crap like this can rational cost you conduct point.

OH NO NOT THE CONDUCT POINT!!

You're wasting my time with your dribble. Wasting time is far worse than informing you that I'm bored. Here:

Just admit that you are biased and really want RWCG to have a successful career as a debater because you like him in real life.

Just admit that you don't have any compelling logical arguments to back up your views.

is it a big deal?, no which is why its appropriate conduct is just 1 point.

debate with at the very least attempted respect and you have debated with honor in my book.

Your book sucks. No one uses your book. You have no experience in real life debate if you think conduct matters. In fact, real life debates reward poor conduct because you can win arguments by intimidating your opponent so they lose confidence. I don't do it often but if someone PISSES MAH OFF with superbad arguments like RWCG, I'll consider it.

Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2011 7:55:36 AM
At 5/26/2011 12:30:35 AM, Marauder wrote:

given my basic assumption that those voting on the debate are voting against him from there own opposite stances on the issue, then to find a counter would be to hope for some without that bias to give there votes too.

if I have a debate about god and all the voters are voting against me side in it, but notice that all the voters happen to be atheist, its hard not to suspect a connection. If I wanted any balance to that I would have to hope for some votes from non-atheist voters.

I think Ideally a lot of both sides would vote on ones debate. then you could pick out who is vote-bombing for their side, who is just a unpleasable simon cowl, and who is genuinely critiquing by the debate and not the issue.

its hard to know which case has happened when so few that agree with one side to start with bother voting on the debate at all. I dont think asking for more votes is enough when one demographic seems to be the only one bothering to vote or is noticeably not voting. there's nothing wrong with requesting for more votes specifically from an absent demographic.

it could only help for purposes of critique.

Okay well basically everyone who voted on the debate, for me, isn't left wing.

And if you read the debate, which I am now convinced you didn't, you would know that my counterplan is to expand the free market even more by eliminating (not reducing) agricultural subsidies and ACTUALLY GIVING EXAMPLES of useless military spending that can be cut.

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2011 9:05:53 AM
At 5/25/2011 1:02:25 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:
If you think RWCG legitimately won that debate, you have Down's Syndrome. You are literally mentally retarded.

/thread:

Yep... Sigged...
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)