Jump to topic:

Patriot Act: Proof Of BigBrother Dictatorship

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2011 4:33:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
To those conspiracy deniers and people who don't think there's a big brother global fascist dictatorship, learn about the Patriot Act.

The government is authorized to spy on your phone conversations, spy on your Visa purchasing records, invade your Internet privacy, and with all of this invasion the government can enslave you without due process of the law, without approval of a judge or consultation of with the law.

The police can burst in your house without a warrant. They can put you in a prison and torture you for years without proof of committing a crime.

The government can even assassinate it's own citizens if they falsely accuse them of being terrorists.

And guess who they consider suspected "home grown" terrorists? Libertarians, Tea Partiers, Ron Paul supporters, gun owners, people with "Dont tread on me" bumper stickers, even Christians.

Don't believe me? Go look up the MIAC Report.

So there's no conspiracy? There's no global fascist dictatorship? Yeah right. You're living in FANTASY LAND!
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2011 4:36:49 PM
At 5/31/2011 4:33:51 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
To those conspiracy deniers and people who don't think there's a big brother global fascist dictatorship, learn about the Patriot Act.

The government is authorized to spy on your phone conversations, spy on your Visa purchasing records, invade your Internet privacy, and with all of this invasion the government can enslave you without due process of the law, without approval of a judge or consultation of with the law.

The police can burst in your house without a warrant. They can put you in a prison and torture you for years without proof of committing a crime.

The government can even assassinate it's own citizens if they falsely accuse them of being terrorists.

And guess who they consider suspected "home grown" terrorists? Libertarians, Tea Partiers, Ron Paul supporters, gun owners, people with "Dont tread on me" bumper stickers, even Christians.

Don't believe me? Go look up the MIAC Report.

So there's no conspiracy? There's no global fascist dictatorship? Yeah right. You're living in FANTASY LAND!

Right, the government views the Tea Party as home grown terrorists. That is why they are doing nothing about them.

Got it.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2011 4:52:48 PM
@OreEle

You don't know how many Tea Partiers are secretly snatched and thrown in a secret prison do you. You really think the government would brag about imprisoning innocent people through the media? I doubt it. That may or may not be happening, but the point is is that the government is providing bogus justification for targeting and assaulting its own citizens.

Also, the MIAC report says Constitutionalists and NWO opposers are also suspected home grown terrorists. They're trying to link us to the "modern militia movement" and tie us to terrorists.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2011 5:06:13 PM
At 5/31/2011 4:52:48 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@OreEle

You don't know how many Tea Partiers are secretly snatched and thrown in a secret prison do you. You really think the government would brag about imprisoning innocent people through the media? I doubt it. That may or may not be happening, but the point is is that the government is providing bogus justification for targeting and assaulting its own citizens.

No, I don't know. And neither do you. You simply choose to believe that it is a high number and that the government is giving false reasons for doing because it fits your beliefs.

Also, the MIAC report says Constitutionalists and NWO opposers are also suspected home grown terrorists. They're trying to link us to the "modern militia movement" and tie us to terrorists.

First off, it "said," it doesn't "say." The report was scrapped for political profiling (damn political correctness), so it must be addressed in past tense. Second, it didn't say that constitutionalists and NWO opposers are all suspected home grown terrorists, it said that home grown terrorists are more likely to be in those groups, which is statistically true, and logically makes sense. Any individuals that want to violently over-throw the government (like terrorists) are likely to associate with those that want to non-violently overthrow the government.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2011 5:09:51 PM
There's no mention of globalism in there.

The government is authorized to spy on your phone conversations, spy on your Visa purchasing records, invade your Internet privacy
According to the Act, I don't doubt this. How well does it hold up in court? I don't know.

and with all of this invasion the government can enslave you without due process of the law
That's a helluva magic trick, enslaving someone with an eyeball.

Wait what? Text plz? Remember, part of the point of a place like Gitmo is to avoid the law, meaning presumably that they can't do that here.

Overseas maybe... What do you mean by false? Mistake of fact or dishonesty? The latter is sure to raise some legal issues if it's found out.

look up
This is not how we argue.

MIAC
Missouri is not a federal authority, let alone a global one.
Remember: "The militia is pro-tea party/pro libertarian/pro Christian" does not apply "The tea party/ libertarians/ Christians are pro militia"

You don't know how many Tea Partiers are secretly snatched and thrown in a secret prison do you.
Neither do you, that's why they call it a secret. But we can make a ballpark guess from how many Tea Partiers are free.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2011 5:11:13 PM
apply
Imply sorry.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2011 5:19:41 PM
At 5/31/2011 5:06:13 PM, OreEle wrote:
@OreEle

No, I don't know. And neither do you. You simply choose to believe that it is a high number and that the government is giving false reasons for doing because it fits your beliefs.

Lrn2Read. I didn't assert it, I explicitly stated it "may or may not be happening." I was simply pointing out that if it was happening, why do you expect that you'd know about and therefore dismiss it because it hasn't been exposed to you.

First off, it "said," it doesn't "say." The report was scrapped for political profiling (damn political correctness), so it must be addressed in past tense. Second, it didn't say that constitutionalists and NWO opposers are all suspected home grown terrorists, it said that home grown terrorists are more likely to be in those groups, which is statistically true,

Really? According to what statistics? From my experience with Constitutionalists and conspiracy theorists, they tend to heavily be in favor of peace and it's the violence that they are protesting against.

and logically makes sense.

No it doesn't. Show me the logic in formal structure that lead to your conclusion.

Any individuals that want to violently over-throw the government (like terrorists) are likely to associate with those that want to non-violently overthrow the government.

You call that logical? That's directly irrational at best. Why would violent people try to associate with non-violent people? They clearly disagree with eachother fundamentally on how to achieve their goal.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2011 5:22:45 PM
@Ragnar

The intel in MIAC came straight from the Department of Homeland Security. This is Federal bs, not stuff that hacks in Missouri came up with.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2011 5:27:51 PM
I'm not a fan of the "no warrant necessary" thing.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2011 5:36:25 PM
At 5/31/2011 5:19:41 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 5/31/2011 5:06:13 PM, OreEle wrote:
@OreEle

Lrn2Read. I didn't assert it, I explicitly stated it "may or may not be happening." I was simply pointing out that if it was happening, why do you expect that you'd know about and therefore dismiss it because it hasn't been exposed to you.

Lrn2Read what you wrote yourself. "but the point is is that the government is providing bogus justification for targeting and assaulting its own citizens." You said it "may or may not be happening" then state that it is happening in the next line.

First off, it "said," it doesn't "say." The report was scrapped for political profiling (damn political correctness), so it must be addressed in past tense. Second, it didn't say that constitutionalists and NWO opposers are all suspected home grown terrorists, it said that home grown terrorists are more likely to be in those groups, which is statistically true,

Really? According to what statistics? From my experience with Constitutionalists and conspiracy theorists, they tend to heavily be in favor of peace and it's the violence that they are protesting against.

Never said they weren't. As far as statistics, the Modern Militia Movement report that was mentioned in the OP shows them. It wasn't the statistics that people had problems with, it was the conclusions drawn from those statistics.

The Michigan Militia is one (of many) that is not opposed to violence, as most aren't. They are against aggression, and often support the use of violence in "self-defense".

and logically makes sense.

No it doesn't. Show me the logic in formal structure that lead to your conclusion.

Individuals often group with like minded individuals.
Individuals often do not want to get the attention of their opponents/enemies.

Ergo, they will often group with like minded individuals which don't get the attention of government (their personal "opponents/enemies").

Any individuals that want to violently over-throw the government (like terrorists) are likely to associate with those that want to non-violently overthrow the government.

You call that logical? That's directly irrational at best. Why would violent people try to associate with non-violent people? They clearly disagree with eachother fundamentally on how to achieve their goal.

Violent people tend to try to not get noticed. They try to express their distaste for whatever they distaste in the most extreme way possible without drawing exess attention to them.