Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Mitt Romney = John Kerry

Hambone
Posts: 18
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 9:55:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Mitt Romney announced he's going to run for President. Anyone else think this is going to be just another John Kerry good-for-nothing candidate who can't possibly win? It's pretty sad when crazy old Ron Paul is the next most viable choice. Sarah Palin is not a viable choice because being the President requires the ability to speak while walking, and it has been determined she does not have the brain capacity to perform more than one motor function simultaneously.
Hot and Dangerous
Rob1_Billion
Posts: 1,300
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 10:29:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's pretty sad when crazy old Ron Paul is the next most viable choice.

And just what's so sad about that? Ron Paul is pretty popular on this site, so be prepared to defend yourself.
kfc
Charles0103
Posts: 523
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 10:01:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/7/2011 9:55:00 AM, Hambone wrote:
Mitt Romney announced he's going to run for President. Anyone else think this is going to be just another John Kerry good-for-nothing candidate who can't possibly win? It's pretty sad when crazy old Ron Paul is the next most viable choice. Sarah Palin is not a viable choice because being the President requires the ability to speak while walking, and it has been determined she does not have the brain capacity to perform more than one motor function simultaneously.

I doubt it. In my eyes, Romney is the only Republican I've seen that actually has a chance of beating Obama. Romney's toughest challenge is going to get past the primaries. The hardcore Republican base might see him as too moderate. The best thing for Romney to do is select a hard core tea bagger for VP. Either way, I'm still going Obama unless I see someone better.
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
rarugged
Posts: 172
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 3:09:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/12/2011 10:01:35 AM, Charles0103 wrote:
At 6/7/2011 9:55:00 AM, Hambone wrote:
Mitt Romney announced he's going to run for President. Anyone else think this is going to be just another John Kerry good-for-nothing candidate who can't possibly win? It's pretty sad when crazy old Ron Paul is the next most viable choice. Sarah Palin is not a viable choice because being the President requires the ability to speak while walking, and it has been determined she does not have the brain capacity to perform more than one motor function simultaneously.

I doubt it. In my eyes, Romney is the only Republican I've seen that actually has a chance of beating Obama. Romney's toughest challenge is going to get past the primaries. The hardcore Republican base might see him as too moderate. The best thing for Romney to do is select a hard core tea bagger for VP. Either way, I'm still going Obama unless I see someone better.

Have you even looked through other candidates? Or just generalized they would all be the same as Bush or McCain.
If Jesus came back tomorrow, a cross would be the last thing he would want to see.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 4:37:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Kerry never ran anything or scored a success outside of politics. Ditto Obama. Kerry and Obama drip with incompetence. Kerry and Obama care nothing for bipartisanship or cooperation.

Romney was a successful entrepreneur who created jobs in the private sector. He was a successful governor of a state full of Democrats. He accomplished the near-miracle of making the 2002 Winter Olympics in Utah a financial success. Romney's distinguishing characteristic is competence.

Of late, he has been picking up the attack on Obama failures. He's looking pretty good to me. No, not ideal. But if Obama didn't cure voters of believing in Messiah types who promise all things to all people, nothing will.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2011 6:20:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/14/2011 4:37:16 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
But if Obama didn't cure voters of believing in Messiah types who promise all things to all people, nothing will.

He's not the messiah. He's a very naughty boy!
Charles0103
Posts: 523
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2011 4:31:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/12/2011 3:09:17 PM, rarugged wrote:
At 6/12/2011 10:01:35 AM, Charles0103 wrote:
At 6/7/2011 9:55:00 AM, Hambone wrote:
Mitt Romney announced he's going to run for President. Anyone else think this is going to be just another John Kerry good-for-nothing candidate who can't possibly win? It's pretty sad when crazy old Ron Paul is the next most viable choice. Sarah Palin is not a viable choice because being the President requires the ability to speak while walking, and it has been determined she does not have the brain capacity to perform more than one motor function simultaneously.

I doubt it. In my eyes, Romney is the only Republican I've seen that actually has a chance of beating Obama. Romney's toughest challenge is going to get past the primaries. The hardcore Republican base might see him as too moderate. The best thing for Romney to do is select a hard core tea bagger for VP. Either way, I'm still going Obama unless I see someone better.

Have you even looked through other candidates? Or just generalized they would all be the same as Bush or McCain.

I assure you that I have looked at all the candidates. Romeny is the only one with a chance.
Nobody even knows who Pawlenty and Santorum are. They're too "boring" I guess.
Michelle Bachman is just a tea bagger. The independents won't go for her.
Cain hasn't had any experience at all (and the Republicans said that about Obama in '08.)
And a poll came out today that said 46(?)% of people have a negative image of Gingrich.
Romney is a fairly moderate conservative (at least he's viewed that way).
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
BennyW
Posts: 698
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2011 1:26:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have been telling people that Romney is lie Kerry. Both from Mass, and both constantly flip-flop on issues.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2011 1:27:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.multiplechoicemitt.com...
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
BennyW
Posts: 698
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2011 1:31:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/25/2011 1:27:37 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
http://www.multiplechoicemitt.com...

Thanks, that's quite helpful, I will point people to this the next time they claim that Romney is a man of principal.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2011 3:01:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The flip-flop website is a crude piece of political work. First of all, there is nothing wrong with changing positions on an issue, provided that the person can cite good reasons for doing so. Ideological purity in the face of evidence is the last thing we should want from a candidate. Flip-flopping back and forth depending on the audience is wrong, as are unexplained position changes.

For example, Romney changed his position on cap-and-trade and explained that it is now clear it would destroy the economy. Good reason.

There is nothing inconsistent in favoring TARP while opposing a government takeover of health care and everything else. TARP was a rescue mission, and the government got its money back. Quite different from the rest.

The Romney quote on not wanting to go back to the Reagan-Bush era was obviously with respect to some particular narrow issue. For example, he might have been saying something about relations with the Soviets. The quote was snipped to conceal the context.

Romney was consistent in saying that the auto industry could be saved by government action, but without the bailout used. One idea was to let the companies go bankrupt, thereby clearing the debt and union obligations, then restructuring them using government investment in the bankruptcy reorganization. That route was detailed in Congressional hearings at the time.

Anyway, the site is a political hatchet job.

Romney is not an ideal candidate, but the only way it is possible to be everyone's ideal is to stick to non-specific promises of hope and change (and truth, justice, brotherhood, transparency, and bipartisanship).

Obama is beating Pawlenty 50% to 35% in the poles. That's not good for Obama considering that no one outside of Minnesota has any idea who Pawlenty is. Romney is winning over Obama in some polls, slightly behind in others. Romney has some name recognition at this point, but not much. Before the primaries are done, the Republican candidates and their positions will be well known.

Obama will take the approach used by incompetent dictators from Castro to Kim Jong-Il: No matter that the country is a total wreck, only the glorious leader has saved it from the ravages of evil forces, in this case Republicans, who want to kill your grandmother and take away your government check. With more than half the country getting government checks, it has a fair chance of working.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2011 3:11:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/25/2011 3:01:54 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
Obama will take the approach used by incompetent dictators from Castro to Kim Jong-Il: No matter that the country is a total wreck, only the glorious leader has saved it from the ravages of evil forces, in this case Republicans, who want to kill your grandmother and take away your government check. With more than half the country getting government checks, it has a fair chance of working.

This is my all time favorite attack ad on Paul Ryan:
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2011 3:18:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yes, the Ryan attack is the model for Obama's campaign.

Obama has now pretty much stopped doing the job of President in favor of campaigning. Biden was in charge of the stalled debt limit negotiation, while Obama was attending three fundraisers in New York. The Afghanistan troop reduction is inexplicable except as a campaign move.