Total Posts:65|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

- A New World -

Justin_Chains
Posts: 623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 3:29:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The world; the human race specifically, is in need of radical change.

- No central government.

- No monetary system.

- Harness "free energy".

- Develop technology out of love, not fear.

- Further develop technology towards spiritual advancement, not physical.

- Love yourself. Love others. Love life.

- No weapons of mass destruction, no human wars.

Ideas, suggestions, or thoughts are all welcome.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 3:47:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
...I know that me being a totalitarian means that I have a natural bias to some of those, but to some of the others "really?!"

Harness "free" energy?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
smc_gamer
Posts: 48
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 3:49:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
All this would require humans to get along.

Utopia is impossible.
"If good things lasted forever, would we appreciate how precious they are?"
-Hobbes
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 3:56:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/7/2011 3:54:06 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 6/7/2011 3:47:01 PM, OreEle wrote:

Harness "free" energy?

Likely a reference to wind, solar, etc. .

I really hope so, that way it is only a mis-understanding of the cost of maintainence and manufacturing, rather than a mis-understanding of science.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 3:57:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/7/2011 3:29:28 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:
- No central government.
- No monetary system.

I agree with these two.

- Harness "free energy".

How do you plan to do that? "Free energy" doesn't work, last time I heard.

- Develop technology out of love, not fear.

Do the motivations really matter? Also, what makes love a better or more legitimate motivation than fear?

- Further develop technology towards spiritual advancement, not physical.

What does technology have to do with spiritual advancement? And what do you plan to gain from neglecting physical advancement?

- Love yourself. Love others. Love life.

Sometimes people just don't get along. What do you plan to do about that?

- No weapons of mass destruction, no human wars.

What are your plans if someone decides to attack your utopia?
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 3:58:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/7/2011 3:56:49 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 6/7/2011 3:54:06 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 6/7/2011 3:47:01 PM, OreEle wrote:

Harness "free" energy?

Likely a reference to wind, solar, etc. .

I really hope so, that way it is only a mis-understanding of the cost of maintainence and manufacturing, rather than a mis-understanding of science.

Apparently you don't know science.

http://9gag.com...
Justin_Chains
Posts: 623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 4:00:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/7/2011 3:54:06 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 6/7/2011 3:47:01 PM, OreEle wrote:

Harness "free" energy?

Likely a reference to wind, solar, etc. .

Yes, correct.

Wind, solar, water, magnetic, cold fusion, etc.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 4:05:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I think this is what most are shooting for. Problem is people are stupid. It'll never work.

Maybe the rise of Techno Allah will set things straight. If not for us, for Techno Allah and its kind.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Justin_Chains
Posts: 623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 4:09:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/7/2011 3:47:38 PM, OreEle wrote:
Based on the first 2, I'm betting you're AnCom.

Due to recent meditations. Yes, I now align closely with the AnCom mindset.
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 4:11:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/7/2011 3:56:49 PM, OreEle wrote:

I really hope so, that way it is only a mis-understanding of the cost of maintainence and manufacturing, rather than a mis-understanding of science.

Yeah, wind and solar (aside from passive which has a really low yield) are not even close to cost effective, micro-hydro is decent but has a high maintenance and extreme complexity compare to using the grid. The only sensible choice now for alternate power are wood furnaces which convert excess heat to electricity and they are only workable if you have a renewable source of firewood. This is speaking mainly of low volume building (i.e. sub-divisions of < 50 or so houses). On large scale then wind becomes cost-effective but you essentially have to develop a local grid, implement shared pooling contracts and the biggest problem is a lack of aggressive buy back options.
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 4:14:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/7/2011 3:54:58 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
"Everything should be utopic" isn't a political philosophy.

That is just because you are not enlightened and still hold to the dogmatic view that political theory should be grounded in methodological constructs.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 4:20:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/7/2011 4:18:31 PM, badger wrote:
do solar panels generate electricity the same way thermocouples do could anyone tell me?

they probably don't lol.. i was just changing one today and i'd a vision of myself like the dude in the pic cody posted.
signature
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 4:22:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/7/2011 4:14:47 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 6/7/2011 3:54:58 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
"Everything should be utopic" isn't a political philosophy.

That is just because you are not enlightened and still hold to the dogmatic view that political theory should be grounded in methodological constructs.

Damnit. You got me there.
Justin_Chains
Posts: 623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 4:36:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/7/2011 3:57:54 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 6/7/2011 3:29:28 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:
- No central government.
- No monetary system.

I agree with these two.

- Harness "free energy".

How do you plan to do that? "Free energy" doesn't work, last time I heard.

How does it not work? We have the technology and it works just fine.


- Develop technology out of love, not fear.

Do the motivations really matter? Also, what makes love a better or more legitimate motivation than fear?

Yes, they matter. All technology that was developed to destroy was developed out of fear. Advancement of all such technology can only lead to the destruction of the human race.


- Further develop technology towards spiritual advancement, not physical.

What does technology have to do with spiritual advancement? And what do you plan to gain from neglecting physical advancement?

Technology that is developed for spiritual advancement will lead to the best health conditions of the human body. Physical healing and longer life of the physical body will be a couple of the benefits of such technology. Technology can have lots to do in the aid of spiritual advancement. Technology is only an aid to physicality. Anything that can help you advance spiritually in the physical world, can be aided by technological advancement. This does not neglect anything physical. The spirit animates the physical body. Science will be teaching this one day in the near future.


- Love yourself. Love others. Love life.

Sometimes people just don't get along. What do you plan to do about that?

Why do they need to not get along? That is the question that needs a solution by all of mankind.


- No weapons of mass destruction, no human wars.

What are your plans if someone decides to attack your utopia?

Defend. Defense naturally happens in opposition to offense.

The mind and sword. The mind controls the sword. The mind defeats the sword.

"There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind"

— Napoleon Bonaparte
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 4:38:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/7/2011 4:18:31 PM, badger wrote:
do solar panels generate electricity the same way thermocouples do could anyone tell me?

There are a few different types of solar panels, they mainly work through the photovoltaic effect where the incoming light causes the electrons to move from one band to another in the metal lattice. This is similar, but not identical, to how heat causes the electrons to move across the temperature gradient in the Seebeck effect.

The biggest problem is that they are expensive, extremely fragile, only work very well when there is high solar output and unless you are going to have them on a rotating platform they only get high sun for a fraction of the day. And most people find them extremely ugly and don't want them on their houses. You also need a way to store and reuse the energy (some kind of battery pile) when there is no load but a high generation.

For now the only workable option for small scale is passive solar which just uses a low freeze fluid like glycol and picks up heat from the sun and uses it to very weakly heat the interior. But this has a very minor effect and you can generate a much better gain from even slightly changing the position of the structure on the lot to catch sun, the types of windows, interior layout to optimize air flows, use of semi-intelligent pattern control on light/heating, etc. .
Justin_Chains
Posts: 623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 4:50:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/7/2011 4:11:43 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 6/7/2011 3:56:49 PM, OreEle wrote:

I really hope so, that way it is only a mis-understanding of the cost of maintainence and manufacturing, rather than a mis-understanding of science.

Yeah, wind and solar (aside from passive which has a really low yield) are not even close to cost effective, micro-hydro is decent but has a high maintenance and extreme complexity compare to using the grid. The only sensible choice now for alternate power are wood furnaces which convert excess heat to electricity and they are only workable if you have a renewable source of firewood. This is speaking mainly of low volume building (i.e. sub-divisions of < 50 or so houses). On large scale then wind becomes cost-effective but you essentially have to develop a local grid, implement shared pooling contracts and the biggest problem is a lack of aggressive buy back options.

Even if you were correct (though you are not)... The human race has plenty enough intelligence and resources to develop alternative energy into new glorious heights of technological advancement Look what we did with fossil fuels in such a short period of time. We developed the technology.

The truth is that we already have the technology, but government will not let "free" energy exist.

You speak of "cost effective", what is the reference of "cost" in your statement as it pertains to the context of a new world with no monetary system.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 4:56:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/7/2011 4:50:21 PM, badger wrote:
have they made any seebeck type solar panels?

or just seebeck panels :) i've heard of people running pipes deep down into the ground from their houses as alternative heating.. would you get enough heat down there to power your house too? hardly?
signature
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 4:57:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/7/2011 4:50:47 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:

Even if you were correct (though you are not).

Care to debate me on the above blurb which you say is not correct.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 4:58:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/7/2011 4:56:36 PM, badger wrote:
At 6/7/2011 4:50:21 PM, badger wrote:
have they made any seebeck type solar panels?

or just seebeck panels :) i've heard of people running pipes deep down into the ground from their houses as alternative heating.. would you get enough heat down there to power your house too? hardly?

can you get electricity back outa the ground? that whole earth thing? lol, i'm good at the practical side ;)
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 5:04:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/7/2011 4:58:29 PM, badger wrote:
At 6/7/2011 4:56:36 PM, badger wrote:
At 6/7/2011 4:50:21 PM, badger wrote:
have they made any seebeck type solar panels?

or just seebeck panels :) i've heard of people running pipes deep down into the ground from their houses as alternative heating.. would you get enough heat down there to power your house too? hardly?

can you get electricity back outa the ground? that whole earth thing? lol, i'm good at the practical side ;)

i've a test on this stuff monday! lol
signature
Justin_Chains
Posts: 623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 5:06:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/7/2011 4:38:26 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 6/7/2011 4:18:31 PM, badger wrote:
do solar panels generate electricity the same way thermocouples do could anyone tell me?

There are a few different types of solar panels, they mainly work through the photovoltaic effect where the incoming light causes the electrons to move from one band to another in the metal lattice. This is similar, but not identical, to how heat causes the electrons to move across the temperature gradient in the Seebeck effect.

The biggest problem is that they are expensive, extremely fragile, only work very well when there is high solar output and unless you are going to have them on a rotating platform they only get high sun for a fraction of the day. And most people find them extremely ugly and don't want them on their houses. You also need a way to store and reuse the energy (some kind of battery pile) when there is no load but a high generation.

For now the only workable option for small scale is passive solar which just uses a low freeze fluid like glycol and picks up heat from the sun and uses it to very weakly heat the interior. But this has a very minor effect and you can generate a much better gain from even slightly changing the position of the structure on the lot to catch sun, the types of windows, interior layout to optimize air flows, use of semi-intelligent pattern control on light/heating, etc. .

Hydro generators, solar generators, and wind generators. When this triple combination is used for a single family home, it has already proven to give well more than enough power to the home with even a basic set up. Developing direct or combination technology to just these three areas alone is a great replacement and would essentially be "free" energy.

Plus, magnetic generators are making advancing rapidly and could be the energy force of the future, leaving fossil fuels where they should be...dead buried underground where tame from.

Even a small amount of research into these alternative energy methods is enough to show that they could be a direct replacement to fossil fuels. If this technology is developed further, alternative energy will probably far surpass anything developed with fossil fuels.
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 5:08:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/7/2011 4:50:47 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:
At 6/7/2011 4:11:43 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 6/7/2011 3:56:49 PM, OreEle wrote:

I really hope so, that way it is only a mis-understanding of the cost of maintainence and manufacturing, rather than a mis-understanding of science.

Yeah, wind and solar (aside from passive which has a really low yield) are not even close to cost effective, micro-hydro is decent but has a high maintenance and extreme complexity compare to using the grid. The only sensible choice now for alternate power are wood furnaces which convert excess heat to electricity and they are only workable if you have a renewable source of firewood. This is speaking mainly of low volume building (i.e. sub-divisions of < 50 or so houses). On large scale then wind becomes cost-effective but you essentially have to develop a local grid, implement shared pooling contracts and the biggest problem is a lack of aggressive buy back options.

Even if you were correct (though you are not)...

Really? Are we expected to just take your word on it, or are you going to provide evidence?

The human race has plenty enough intelligence and resources to develop alternative energy into new glorious heights of technological advancement Look what we did with fossil fuels in such a short period of time. We developed the technology.

Okay? So? Planning the economy under the assumption that a breakthrough is coming right around the corner is like planning for retirement on the assumption that you'll win the lottery.

And why should we devote all our resources to developing these technologies. How do you know it would be better to develop technologies A, B, and C instead X, Y, and Z? You're immediately faced with the problem of trying to plan an economy completely blind to consumer desires absent a price system. It's like fumbling around in the dark. Plus, yo have local knowledge problems involved in developing new technologies.

The truth is that we already have the technology, but government will not let "free" energy exist.

Evidence?

You speak of "cost effective", what is the reference of "cost" in your statement as it pertains to the context of a new world with no monetary system.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

You are so fücking stupid it hurts! http://cache.ohinternet.com...

You realize cost isn't just in dollars, right? In order to produce something, it takes labor and capital that could otherwise be used for something else. It's called opportunity cost. lrn2economics, retard.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 5:08:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/7/2011 5:04:05 PM, badger wrote:
At 6/7/2011 4:58:29 PM, badger wrote:
At 6/7/2011 4:56:36 PM, badger wrote:
At 6/7/2011 4:50:21 PM, badger wrote:
have they made any seebeck type solar panels?

or just seebeck panels :) i've heard of people running pipes deep down into the ground from their houses as alternative heating.. would you get enough heat down there to power your house too? hardly?

can you get electricity back outa the ground? that whole earth thing? lol, i'm good at the practical side ;)

i've a test on this stuff monday! lol

well no that's a lie. i've a test on electronics thursday though! that's close enough. though i'm set for it.
signature