Jump to topic:

Should Wiener step down?

Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 6:21:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
There's a thread similar to this, but I think I should make it more specific.

I'm not sure. This situation has nothing to do with his ability to serve office, but morales are the most important issue for many people.

What do you think?
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 6:29:15 PM
No.

He didn't do anything wrong. In fact, I think he should get some balls, go up on stage, and proudly proclaim that he was making use of his rights as an AMERICAN.

After he say this, he should Stone Cold a 6 pack, light up a cig, then give everyone the bird while walking off stage with his floozies.

I would vote for that man if he was a nazi.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
rarugged
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 12:21:35 AM
At 6/10/2011 12:12:58 AM, mongeese wrote:
A man who cheats on his wife cannot be trusted to lead a city, state, or country. Period.

Sums it up nicely.
If Jesus came back tomorrow, a cross would be the last thing he would want to see.
rarugged
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 12:23:00 AM
At 6/9/2011 6:29:15 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
No.

He didn't do anything wrong. In fact, I think he should get some balls, go up on stage, and proudly proclaim that he was making use of his rights as an AMERICAN.

After he say this, he should Stone Cold a 6 pack, light up a cig, then give everyone the bird while walking off stage with his floozies.

I would vote for that man if he was a nazi.

Um, he denounced his marital ties and shamed our Congress. How is it okay to sexually provoke women who 1) don't want to be contacted 2) are more than 10 years younger than him.

Also, he lied, so...
If Jesus came back tomorrow, a cross would be the last thing he would want to see.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 3:22:51 AM
Marital ties.. psssh...

The sexual revolution was how many decades ago?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 3:23:25 AM
Also, AIDS
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 11:36:54 AM
LOL at Cosmic.

With all the hooey about it I guess I haven't even considered the fact that he could just completely play it off like "who cares?" The problem, and where I may begin to disagree strongly with Alfonzo, is that he has already acknowledged he was wrong. If he was going to play the card Alfonzo is hoping he does, then I would argue he already wasted it by:
1) Lying about it. This shows that he has internal dissonance on the subject, i.e., that he knows he did wrong. IOWs, he has principles, broke with them, lied, and now is caught with his hand in the cookie jar. You can't play that off cool with a cigarette and all that.
2) Getting emotional with reporters. He's lost his cool already, man. He has been visibly upset with the questions about it and has demonstrated that he is not in control of himself in the matter.

With his weaknesses aside, could a congressman possibly conduct lewd behavior and play it off like a pimp? Not if they want to get re-elected. There's a reason we don't elect people like that, and it would take considerable deception to get elected with that sort of disposition. Somone like Alfonzo would vote for him, but representing Alfonzo wouldn't be accurately representing the populace. Whether you agree with Mongeese or not, his opinion is the one that carries weight because that's how the voters feel.
kfc
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 11:54:13 AM
Yeah, he already messed it up.

Pity.

He should step down for being a puss.
dobby
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 1:15:23 PM
morales are huge! he should totally step down because he is immoral. we didnt need to wait for this to know that he is immoral though he is a demo-rat so we should know from the start that he will be immoral. when i first saw this story i wasnt surprised at all.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 3:13:25 PM
A man who cheats on his wife cannot be trusted to lead a city, state, or country. Period.

http://lmgtfy.com...
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
dobby
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 3:20:43 PM
a man who lies to his family will lie to the people. unless he loves the people more then his wife. if thats the case there must be something wrong with his head.
Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 6:09:36 PM
Don't the majority of his constituents want to reelect him, though?
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 6:23:01 PM
At 6/10/2011 3:13:25 PM, Korashk wrote:

http://lmgtfy.com...

Or is it? Why assume that faithfulness to one's wife is indepentent from faithfulness from one's country?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 6:40:22 PM
At 6/10/2011 6:09:36 PM, Charles0103 wrote:

Actually no, most of them don't want him to step down, but they've said that they don't want to re-elect him. At least, according to what I've heard.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 7:31:17 PM
At 6/10/2011 6:40:22 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 6/10/2011 6:09:36 PM, Charles0103 wrote:

Actually no, most of them don't want him to step down, but they've said that they don't want to re-elect him. At least, according to what I've heard.

Oh ok. I probably got it confused with that.

It really stinks, though. He was a good congressman. He was a great team player in the Democratic Party.