Jump to topic:

Global Poll: The Whole World Elects Ron Paul

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2011 7:48:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
"A website which has collected over 72,000 votes from people in countries all over the world has revealed that the vast majority would elect Ron Paul if they had the opportunity to influence the 2008 US election.

At time of writing, the site at www.whowouldtheworldelect.com/ has collected 72,556 votes from people in countries across the world, from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe and everywhere in between.

The results reveal that the overwhelming favourite candidate in almost every corner of the globe is Congressman Ron Paul.

Here is a list of countries Ron Paul wins the most votes in according to the site:

Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andora; Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bermuda; Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Islands, Columbia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, French Polynesia, Germany, Gibraltar, Guam, Guatemala, Guyana, Hungary, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Namibia, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Norway, Occupied Palestinian Territory, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Samoa, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, Slovenia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Ukraine, UK, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, The Virgin Islands, Wallis and Futuna Islands, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe."

http://infowars.net...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2011 8:15:01 PM
Online polls tend to have a huge selective bias.

And, how the hell does the world even know about Ron Paul. I can hardly name any foreign politicians.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2011 8:16:53 PM
At 6/11/2011 8:15:01 PM, darkkermit wrote:

And, how the hell does the world even know about Ron Paul. I can hardly name any foreign politicians.

Foreign politics doesn't affect you--American politics and policy affects the whole world.
Should we subsidize education?

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2011 8:20:08 PM
At 6/11/2011 8:16:53 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:

Foreign politics doesn't affect you--American politics and policy affects the whole world.

Do American politics really make that big of a difference in the world? Why? America is just one of over 200 nations.
Open borders debate:
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2011 8:22:02 PM
At 6/11/2011 8:20:08 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Do American politics really make that big of a difference in the world? Why? America is just one of over 200 nations.

We buy and sell a lot of stuff all over the world, making many other economies dependent on ours. And we intervene in lots of other countries with foreign aid and military action.
Should we subsidize education?

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2011 8:25:52 PM
At 6/11/2011 8:22:02 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:

We buy and sell a lot of stuff all over the world, making many other economies dependent on ours. And we intervene in lots of other countries with foreign aid and military action.

Well, I don't know any of the politicians, besides the Queen of England, in the European Union, even though they have extraordinary influence.
Open borders debate:
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2011 8:26:58 PM

America is like a celebrity amongst other countries. They're all watching what we do. Plus, our entertainment industry is probably the most globalized out of any other country. Our artists tour the globe, foreign artists, well, we hardly know any of them.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2011 10:33:53 PM
At 6/11/2011 7:48:30 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
"A website which has collected over 72,000 votes from people in countries all over the world has revealed that the vast majority would elect Ron Paul if they had the opportunity to influence the 2008 US election.

At time of writing, the site at www.whowouldtheworldelect.com/ has collected 72,556 votes from people in countries across the world, from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe and everywhere in between.

The results reveal that the overwhelming favourite candidate in almost every corner of the globe is Congressman Ron Paul.

Here is a list of countries Ron Paul wins the most votes in according to the site:

Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andora; Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bermuda, Brainmaster, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Islands, Columbia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, French Polynesia, Germany, Gibraltar, Guam, Guatemala, Guyana, Hungary, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Namibia, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Norway, Occupied Palestinian Territory, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Samoa, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, Slovenia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Ukraine, UK, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, The Virgin Islands, Wallis and Futuna Islands, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe."

Kfc.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 7:26:59 AM

Treaties and economy. Both of which can have fairly important flow on effects.
smc_gamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 8:20:15 AM
I'd like to note that there vote is only representative of ~1/944000th of the population.
"If good things lasted forever, would we appreciate how precious they are?"
-Hobbes
Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 9:40:41 AM
At 6/11/2011 7:48:30 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andora; Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bermuda; Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Islands, Columbia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, French Polynesia, Germany, Gibraltar, Guam, Guatemala, Guyana, Hungary, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Namibia, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Norway, Occupied Palestinian Territory, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Samoa, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, Slovenia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Ukraine, UK, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, The Virgin Islands, Wallis and Futuna Islands, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe."

I love how the United States isn't on this list... Haha. Either way, 72,000 isn't really that big compared to 7 billion people on earth. This is an interesting poll, but there could be bias in this...
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 10:47:16 AM

This. Also, even if Paul were elected, why does everyone keep ignoring the fact that we have 2 other branches of government that would severely inhibit his policies anyway?
President of DDO
Fabian_CH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 10:51:53 AM
Massive sampling bias is all I'm saying...

Switzerland would elect Ron Paul? I haven't met a single countryman of mine who even knew the nam Ron Paul, unless they knew it from me.
"What are we doing? Do we want to feed a starved humanity in order to let it live? Or do we want to strangle its life in order to feed it?"
- Andrei Taganov, We The Living (Ayn Rand)
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 11:08:02 AM
At 6/12/2011 10:47:16 AM, Danielle wrote:

This. Also, even if Paul were elected, why does everyone keep ignoring the fact that we have 2 other branches of government that would severely inhibit his policies anyway?

It would be a start. Paul could at least end the wars in the Middle East, as the Commander in Chief. He would also have plenty of power over the various departments (Department of Education, Department of Energy, etc.) and could shut those down or appoint new secretaries to shut them down for him. The presidential veto power would be handy for stopping almost all legislation from Congress except those which he likes. Paul could also pardon those who were jailed unfairly, such as non-violent drug users.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 11:10:06 AM
At 6/12/2011 10:51:53 AM, Fabian_CH wrote:
Massive sampling bias is all I'm saying...

Switzerland would elect Ron Paul? I haven't met a single countryman of mine who even knew the nam Ron Paul, unless they knew it from me.

Not to mention Europeans love big government :P
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 11:14:56 AM
At 6/12/2011 11:08:02 AM, mongeese wrote:
It would be a start. Paul could at least end the wars in the Middle East, as the Commander in Chief. He would also have plenty of power over the various departments (Department of Education, Department of Energy, etc.) and could shut those down or appoint new secretaries to shut them down for him. The presidential veto power would be handy for stopping almost all legislation from Congress except those which he likes. Paul could also pardon those who were jailed unfairly, such as non-violent drug users.

Could =/= Would

I think it is very naive to assume that the entire departments of Education, Energy, etc. would suddenly be eradicated. That would take time and there would be a huge public outcry... HUGE. Especially for Education. State government would also inhibit a lot of his policies from being effective. Even if Paul were to veto laws he didn't like, they would just go right back to Congress where they would revise the bill... or just pass it anyway despite his veto.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 11:17:54 AM
At 6/12/2011 11:14:56 AM, Danielle wrote:
Paul could also pardon those who were jailed unfairly, such as non-violent drug users.

Also, as much as I would love this, presidential pardons only apply to federal laws. They could (and would) still be charged by the State.
President of DDO
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 12:14:01 PM
At 6/12/2011 10:47:16 AM, Danielle wrote:

Because the other two branches are becoming more and more irrelevant, you can stack the courts and congress can't even keep the president from running his own wars.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 1:44:36 PM
Moot is the most influential person in the world.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 1:45:22 PM
marblecake, also the game.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 2:06:35 PM
At 6/12/2011 11:14:56 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 6/12/2011 11:08:02 AM, mongeese wrote:

Could =/= Would

I think it is very naive to assume that the entire departments of Education, Energy, etc. would suddenly be eradicated. That would take time and there would be a huge public outcry... HUGE. Especially for Education.

It would take a while, but Paul has expressed a desire to close the Department of Education, and I don't think public outcry would be enough to stop him from doing what's right.

State government would also inhibit a lot of his policies from being effective.

Well, Paul is a major supporter of states' rights, so just a transfer of power from the federal to state governments would be a success. Not all states would continue the federal policies.

Even if Paul were to veto laws he didn't like, they would just go right back to Congress where they would revise the bill... or just pass it anyway despite his veto.

It would be difficult to revise a bill enough to get Paul to sign it if he doesn't like it. There are also few laws that 67% of Congress can actually agree on.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 2:12:04 PM
At 6/11/2011 8:25:52 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 6/11/2011 8:22:02 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:

Well, I don't know any of the politicians, besides the Queen of England, in the European Union, even though they have extraordinary influence.

She's not really a politician, and very much apart from the European Union.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 10:08:18 PM
lmao @ online poll validity.

Should have been dispelled when Moot was the 2009 Times most influential person based on the internet poll while the first letter of the remaining candidates names spelled out "you just lost the game the cake is a lie"
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 10:45:01 PM
At 6/12/2011 10:08:18 PM, askbob wrote:
lmao @ online poll validity.

Should have been dispelled when Moot was the 2009 Times most influential person based on the internet poll while the first letter of the remaining candidates names spelled out "you just lost the game the cake is a lie"

That's a creative troll behind it, people. Learn a lesson from it.
Kfc.
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 2:20:24 AM
Ron Paul had a good recognition in the last election as the only American candidate - who did not want American army in over 150 countries - whose names most American don't know.

Personally, I am not so interested in American presidential election (though I have fairly good awareness level for an Indian). What politicians say during campaign may have nothing to do with what they do when in government. Wasn't closing Guantanamo prisons one of the biggest promise by Obama?
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 12:11:09 PM
At 6/13/2011 2:20:24 AM, baggins wrote:
Ron Paul had a good recognition in the last election as the only American candidate - who did not want American army in over 150 countries - whose names most American don't know.

Personally, I am not so interested in American presidential election (though I have fairly good awareness level for an Indian). What politicians say during campaign may have nothing to do with what they do when in government. Wasn't closing Guantanamo prisons one of the biggest promise by Obama?

Ron Paul has been in government for 40 years and has a consistent voting record to back up everything he preaches.

He voted against the Patriot Act when it was unpopular to do so.
He voted against the Iraq war when it was unpopular to do so.
He voted for legalizing marijuana when it was unpopular to do so.
Etc.

Don't ever compare Ron Paul to Obama or any other politician.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 2:19:03 PM
At 6/13/2011 12:11:09 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Ron Paul has been in government for 40 years and has a consistent voting record to back up everything he preaches.

Etc.

In that case, he is unlikely to be elected. I am not asking you to stop your effort. However this is the first reaction from a person who does not know much.
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 2:40:00 PM
At 6/13/2011 12:11:09 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Etc.

Voting records aren't everything. Shrimp subsidies ftl.