Jump to topic:

Audience Says Ron Paul Won 2nd GOP Debate

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 3:26:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The political "analysts" paid by the Illuminati say Romney and Bachmann won, but the New Hampshire debate audience thinks Ron Paul won.

Ron Paul got twice as many cheers than any other candidate.

This is remarkable for a person many think can't win.

-- http://www.baltimoresun.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 3:29:06 PM
At 6/14/2011 3:26:20 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The political "analysts" paid by the Illuminati say Romney and Bachmann won, but the New Hampshire debate audience thinks Ron Paul won.

-- http://www.baltimoresun.com...

I will bite my tounge until after the republican primary.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
rarugged
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 3:29:33 PM
It's sad how cliche political correctness helps people win.

None of the candidates really answered the questions DIRECTLY, except for Santorum and Paul.
If Jesus came back tomorrow, a cross would be the last thing he would want to see.
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 3:35:43 PM
At 6/14/2011 3:29:33 PM, rarugged wrote:

None of the candidates really answered the questions DIRECTLY, except for Santorum and Paul.

Oh God, you're not a Santorum supporter, are you? He is the biggest fücking tool on the planet. Every time he opens his mouth, I just want to punch him in the God damn face. He's a bigoted piece of shït.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 3:38:04 PM
At 6/14/2011 3:26:20 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Riddle me this: what would be the point of paying off the "analysts" (putting their job title in quotes somehow diminishes their title, obviously)? At best they can sway public opinion, but that doesn't matter considering the public only contributes to the popular vote. It's the electoral college that votes for the president. Therefore, if the Illuminati were paying anyone off, it would behoove them to go to the people who actually matter -- those doing the voting. Those people haven't even been selected yet, so paying off these "analysts" would be completely illogical. Maybe, I dunno, those analysts are just not libertarians?

Oh, well that proves everything. Loud people are always right. Or the majority of people are always right.

It's a long shot that he'll win the Republican nomination, but even if he does, he couldn't beat Obama. I'll just agree with OreEle though and bite my tongue for now. We'll see what happens :)
President of DDO
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 3:50:37 PM
At 6/14/2011 3:35:43 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:

Oh God, you're not a Santorum supporter, are you? He is the biggest fücking tool on the planet. Every time he opens his mouth, I just want to punch him in the God damn face. He's a bigoted piece of shït.

Saying he answered the questions directly doesn't equal support. I hate Rick Santorum as much as the next guy, but he did answer the questions directly. In fact, I'd say that most of the time, they all did. It was not a bad night for any of the candidates.

But I wouldn't quite call it a good night for Ron in my opinion. The man has to be more feisty. He can't be afraid to remind everyone just who started this revolution in the first place, who is the intellectual grandfather of the Tea Party, who has the most consistent voting record in Washington, and who is one of the only honest politicians America has left. He has so much under his belt that I wish he would capitalize more on. He was the only one out of the candidates who served in the freaking army for gods sake and during the 08 campaign, he raised the most money from veterans. There's nothing wrong with flaunting that a little bit.

And I'm increasingly nervous about his inability to present his ideas in layman terms. I know there was a 30 second time limit but he has to learn to speak to the majority of people when it comes to the economy. He does it well on most other things with the simple philosophy of liberty being his underlying message.

I fear that he is getting lost in the shuffle of candidates who are now parroting the fear and distrust in big government that was started by Ron during 07/08, and he needs to remind everyone that this shift in opinion is largely his doing. He's got to be aggressive. God, I want nothing more than him to win the primaries at this point...
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 3:52:25 PM

While I vehemently disagree with Santorum, he's the only one that stands for something besides Ron Paul. The rest are empty suits.

Even the Tea Party House leader, Michele Bachmann, voted FOR the Patriot Act. What a farce. Herman Cain just rambles about problem solving and being a businessman, but has no principles. No need to even mention the rest, they just say a bunch of stuff with no substance for example Pawlenty pandering by bragging about being a "meat-packer" and Romney taking shots at Obama without expressing principle. He doesn't even have beliefs, he changed his view on abortion several years ago for political expediency.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 4:05:14 PM
At 6/14/2011 3:52:25 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

While I vehemently disagree with Santorum, he's the only one that stands for something besides Ron Paul. The rest are empty suits.

...and Romney taking shots at Obama without expressing principle...

Romney? Try everybody aside from Ron. The entire debate was an Obama-bash fest, often with no substance. But if there's anything who took shots at Obama without expressing principle, it's Bachmann. She just reiterated that Obama stinks and she'd repeal anything he did as President. She emphasized a lot of her words making it sound like they had much more substance than they really did.

Ron was the only one who spent all his time talking about his policies, not Obama's. I just wish people would notice that Ron is not empty rhetoric.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 4:06:49 PM
Romney? Try everybody aside from Ron. The entire debate was an Obama-bash fest, often with no substance. But if there's anything who took shots at Obama without expressing principle, it's Bachmann. She just reiterated that Obama stinks and she'd repeal anything he did as President. She emphasized a lot of her words making it sound like they had much more substance than they really did.

*anyone not anything...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 4:09:03 PM
I'll agree that Ron is one of the most honorable members in congress altogether, that he stands for his beliefs and holds true to his principles. For that, I respect the guy. I just disagree with him on those beliefs.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 4:15:44 PM
At 6/14/2011 4:09:03 PM, OreEle wrote:
I'll agree that Ron is one of the most honorable members in congress altogether, that he stands for his beliefs and holds true to his principles. For that, I respect the guy. I just disagree with him on those beliefs.

Yeah, but you're a woman and fascist =)
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 4:17:54 PM
At 6/14/2011 4:15:44 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

To his credit, fascists have just as hard a time getting people to listen to their arguments as anarchists do. I've danced with both sides, so I'm willing to vouch for that.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 4:20:53 PM

Does Ron not want the respect of women? If that's the case, I'll be quiet about it.
Grape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 4:21:31 PM
I hope Ron Paul wins, but I don't think he will. Wait until the drooling neanderthals who haven't been listening to any of this come out to vote.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 4:24:48 PM
I just disagree with him on those beliefs.

Okay, I understand objections to pure laissez faire capitalism. But so much of his message is simply reiterating the ideas of liberty, personal freedoms (so long as they don't intrude or endanger others) a government by the people for the people, personal responsibility, and actually respecting the law of our land, the Constitution. Essentially, all those ideas are the same ones upon which the Founding Fathers created this country. I literally do not understand how a thinking human being, especially an intellectual, could disagree with those aspects of his message (though I think laissez faire capitalism does flow from the general respect of liberty, I understand the objections as to how it attain sustainability etc.)
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 4:29:40 PM
At 6/14/2011 4:20:53 PM, OreEle wrote:

Does Ron not want the respect of women? If that's the case, I'll be quiet about it.

He wants you to make him a sandwhich. And he'll pay you the market value of such labour for doing so.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 4:41:13 PM

So what good reasons do you have for supporting global fascist dictatorship? You clearly support global fascist dictatorship because Ron Paul believes in Liberty, but you for some reason disagree with his support for Liberty.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Grape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 4:46:27 PM
At 6/14/2011 4:41:13 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

So what good reasons do you have for supporting global fascist dictatorship? You clearly support global fascist dictatorship because Ron Paul believes in Liberty, but you for some reason disagree with his support for Liberty.

I can't tell if you're being serious.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 5:20:17 PM
At 6/14/2011 4:46:27 PM, Grape wrote:

This is a fact. If you don't support Ron Paul, then you support the enslavement of the entire human race.

Ron Paul opposes the Patriot Act
Opposes the U.N.
Opposes the IMF.
Opposes the Federal Reserve.
Opposes the policing of the world.
Opposes the military industrial complex.
Opposes the New World Order.
Wants to free all non-violent drug users from prison.
Opposes empire building.
Opposes all wars.
Opposes propping up foreign dictators and taking money from poor people here and giving it to rich dictators abroad.
He opposes the government control of the Internet.

If you disagree with Ron Paul, you believe in global fascist dictatorship, bottom line. All the other candidates want to enslave the human race, not Ron Paul though, he stands for Liberty.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 5:29:33 PM
At 6/14/2011 5:20:17 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

This is a fact. If you don't support Ron Paul, then you support the enslavement of the entire human race.

If you disagree with Ron Paul, you believe in global fascist dictatorship, bottom line. All the other candidates want to enslave the human race, not Ron Paul though, he stands for Liberty.

lol, sure. I support the enslavement of the entire human race because I don't support Ron Paul. I guess that in 2008, something like 98% of Americans supported the enslavement of the entire human race.

If people support their own enslavement, is it really slavery?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 5:30:28 PM

Ron Paul opposes the Patriot Act
Opposes the U.N.
Opposes the IMF.
Opposes the Federal Reserve.
Opposes the policing of the world.
Opposes the military industrial complex.
Opposes the New World Order.
Wants to free all non-violent drug users from prison.
Opposes empire building.
Opposes all wars.
Opposes propping up foreign dictators and taking money from poor people here and giving it to rich dictators abroad.
He opposes the government control of the Internet.

FYI, remind me not to drink the koolaid at your house while I'm installing hidden cameras to watch your every move.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 5:34:39 PM

Geo, that is just ridiculous to place faith in a person like that.
Cult mind-set =/= healthy.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 5:47:47 PM
At 6/14/2011 5:34:39 PM, FREEDO wrote:

This. Remember, Ron would be the first person to tell you never to completely subscribe to a person, rather to an idea. And btw, opposing someone who opposes somethings =/= supporting those things. Ergo, opposing Ron Paul doesn't necessarily mean you support global fascist dictatorship, though I'm not sure you entirely meant that.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 5:51:21 PM
At 6/14/2011 5:34:39 PM, FREEDO wrote:

I have never once said I had faith in Ron Paul. I don't have faith.

Where have I demonstrated a cult-mindset? I simply stated a fact. He stands for Liberty, the other candidates don't. Do you seriously contest that or do you need proof?

Here's proof: all candidates support Patriot Act except Ron Paul.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 5:52:02 PM
If I don't support shrimp subsidies I support the enslavement of the human race?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 5:57:15 PM

Where have I demonstrated a cult-mindset?

I'm sorry, but equating any opposition of Ron Paul's opinions with supporting fascist dictatorship/the enslavement of mankind constitutes as a cult-mindset.