Jump to topic:

What do you think about people who oppose-

tudaloo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 11:55:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
laws going through the legislative process simply because the person who drafted the law is from a different political party?
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 12:12:43 AM
At 6/30/2011 11:55:24 PM, tudaloo wrote:
laws going through the legislative process simply because the person who drafted the law is from a different political party?

Reply: It seems unjust. Such biased actions should be stopped at all costs.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 1:16:51 AM

morons. or shall i say, typical politicians.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 1:44:25 AM
At 7/1/2011 1:40:54 AM, mongeese wrote:
How often does that actually happen?

It's called partisanship, and it defines almost all of our politics. Maybe I misunderstood what he was asking..?
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 10:22:33 AM
The thing is, laws drafted by the opposite party are usually opposed because of the difference in principles between Republicans and Democrats. You can't say that a Republican will only oppose a Democrat bill because it's a Democrat bill.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 2:16:42 PM
At 7/1/2011 10:22:33 AM, mongeese wrote:
The thing is, laws drafted by the opposite party are usually opposed because of the difference in principles between Republicans and Democrats. You can't say that a Republican will only oppose a Democrat bill because it's a Democrat bill.

Come on, don't be naive. Washington is full of blind subscription (and for that matter, blind opposition) to the respective political parties. It's all political; don't pretend that most members of congress actually stand for principles that they wouldn't change in five seconds if that's what most of the party did or if that's what a leading figure of the party did. I'm not sure about the exact legislature and specific debates, but I'm sure you can imagine that if this was Bush who started intervening in Libya, not a single Democrat would be in support of it. Now you have liberal, supposedly anti-war Democrats trying as hard as they can to justify Obama's war mongering. The partisanship in Washington is no different than it is in mainstream American society - there's this black and white mentality where one party is bad, one party is good, and that's that.
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 3:12:48 PM

Oh hey I know people like that, they all sit in a big building together and yell, what's that building called again...oh, yeah, Parliament.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?