Jump to topic:

If Obama Wins in 2012, He'll Get More Liberal

HisFlyness
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 3:04:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Obama really hasn't gotten too much done as a President, much to the chagrin of the Left. No real movement on Gay Rights, Health Care made it through, but it's nowhere near as universal as he would have liked and Guantanamo is till open if you want an example of how his military policies mirror Bush's.

I think he's just staying moderate in order to get re-elected and maintain the independent vote he had in 2008. I bet he gets everything he wants rammed through Congress from 2012-2014, unless the GOP can hold the House AND the Senate. I bet he'd lose both in 2014, but he'd have those two years to really set up a lot of the liberal policies those on the extreme Left are hoping he delivers.
"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost." - Tolkein...or Babe Ruth. One of those guys.
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 10:23:07 PM
At 7/1/2011 3:04:21 PM, HisFlyness wrote:
Obama really hasn't gotten too much done as a President, much to the chagrin of the Left. No real movement on Gay Rights, Health Care made it through, but it's nowhere near as universal as he would have liked and Guantanamo is till open if you want an example of how his military policies mirror Bush's.

I think he's just staying moderate in order to get re-elected and maintain the independent vote he had in 2008. I bet he gets everything he wants rammed through Congress from 2012-2014, unless the GOP can hold the House AND the Senate. I bet he'd lose both in 2014, but he'd have those two years to really set up a lot of the liberal policies those on the extreme Left are hoping he delivers.

If he wins the upcoming election, which I doubt, the GOP will probably take hold of Senate and maintain their control of Congress and Senate. Either way, it only really matters to the GOP if they maintain majority in Congress. I can't imagine any bill from Obama being funded by Congress if the GOP holds majority, I mean, what else can the Left do if they don't have Congress?

Regardless, I doubt Obama will win the election, although I don't doubt he'd go moderate to appeal to more voters.
turn down for h'what
Pacey5714
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 1:59:47 PM
From my understanding, the only reason Obama hasn't done all that he has said is due mainly from lack of cooperation in congress as well the priority the economy has been for the nation.
Now he says that if elected in 2012 he will push more for gay marriage and other more liberal ideas. I guess we will see if he wins and if he holds true to what he says.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 3:36:07 PM
Just like Clinton, right?

That is the same argument they made for Clinton, and it is not valid until we see it transpire.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 9:41:36 PM
He'll get more liberal, maybe only start 1 war and not give the patriot act his full support.
He had a chance to close GTMO and end rendition and chose not to.
Vote for Ron Paul in the primaries.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler