Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

republicans are selfish

flames
Posts: 69
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 1:55:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
i believe republicans are selfish cause they want americans to suffer so obama and democrats can be voted out of power

proof of this is it was republicans who voted NO against a bill to give healthcare to 9/11 first responders, they deny heros healthcare so the democrats and obama don't have any success

republicans voted NO on a bill that was to help small buisnesses start up and stay in buisness by providing loans that wallstreet wouldnt, yet these liars claim oh they want to help small buisnesses

they say they are christians and care about human suffering thats a lie, they believe illegal immigrants should be denied any healthcare which is anti christian and lie that they feel bad for illegal immigrants saying their trying to help illegal immigrants by sending them back cause their slaves today, here's how stupid this sounds the reason illegal immigrants come to america and live under slave conditions is cause the conditions at home are much worste, it would be a human thing to do by giving them citizenships

they lie that ronald reagon tried increasing nukes when obama wanted to decrease nukes actually reagon wanted to decrease nukes
Extremely-Far-Right
Posts: 248
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 3:42:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/6/2011 1:55:44 PM, flames wrote:
i believe republicans are selfish cause they want americans to suffer so obama and democrats can be voted out of power
Ok, lets follow your reasoning that Republicans are selfish. You think that Republicans are selfish because they want Americans to suffer which in turn causes a chain effect so that Obama and the Democrats are voted out of power?

So, you don't think that Republicans could be selfish for any other reason other than that they want Americans to suffer?

Republicans love the American people and America. If anything I agree with you in the sense that Republicans want Obama and Democrats out of power...if that makes the Democrats suffer, then I suppose thats what Republicans are trying to do.

proof of this is it was republicans who voted NO against a bill to give healthcare to 9/11 first responders, they deny heros healthcare so the democrats and obama don't have any success
Lol this is funny. So you are saying that all Americans are 9/11 first responders? So, this sentence or statement that you made is giving you evidence or "proof" that Republicans are selfish because they want Americans to suffer? I find it interesting that you think all Americans are/were 9/11 responders.

If anything, you should say that Republicans are selfish because they want 9/11 first responders to suffer. But you didn't say it that way.

republicans voted NO on a bill that was to help small buisnesses start up and stay in buisness by providing loans that wallstreet wouldnt, yet these liars claim oh they want to help small buisnesses
This still isn't evidence to say that Republicans are selfish and want Americans to suffer. Are all Americans small businessmen and/or businesswomen? No.

they say they are christians and care about human suffering thats a lie, they believe illegal immigrants should be denied any healthcare which is anti christian and lie that they feel bad for illegal immigrants saying their trying to help illegal immigrants by sending them back cause their slaves today, here's how stupid this sounds the reason illegal immigrants come to america and live under slave conditions is cause the conditions at home are much worste, it would be a human thing to do by giving them citizenships
How is denying illegal immigrants healthcare anti-christian? Also you say that Republicans lie and say that they feel bad for illegal immigrants. Could you please provide a source of a Republican(s) who said that?

they lie that ronald reagon tried increasing nukes when obama wanted to decrease nukes actually reagon wanted to decrease nukes

Here is where your logic is flawed.

Lets support the assertion that you made right there.

Now, you say that Republicans lie that Ronald Reagan tried increasing nukes. You also say that Ronald Reagan wanted to decrease nukes.

The words, wanted and tried are two different words that mean two different things.

If that sentence if true, Ronald Reagen simply could have tried increasing nukes whenever he personally felt that we should decrease them.

A person can try to achieve for something different than what he actually wants.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 6:56:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/6/2011 1:55:44 PM, flames wrote:
i believe republicans are selfish cause they want americans to suffer so obama and democrats can be voted out of power

proof of this is it was republicans who voted NO against a bill to give healthcare to 9/11 first responders, they deny heros healthcare so the democrats and obama don't have any success

republicans voted NO on a bill that was to help small buisnesses start up and stay in buisness by providing loans that wallstreet wouldnt, yet these liars claim oh they want to help small buisnesses

they say they are christians and care about human suffering thats a lie, they believe illegal immigrants should be denied any healthcare which is anti christian and lie that they feel bad for illegal immigrants saying their trying to help illegal immigrants by sending them back cause their slaves today, here's how stupid this sounds the reason illegal immigrants come to america and live under slave conditions is cause the conditions at home are much worste, it would be a human thing to do by giving them citizenships

they lie that ronald reagon tried increasing nukes when obama wanted to decrease nukes actually reagon wanted to decrease nukes

You make some good points, and it's refreshing to find someone else on this forum who isn't a right-winger.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
Extremely-Far-Right
Posts: 248
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 7:01:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/6/2011 6:56:15 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 7/6/2011 1:55:44 PM, flames wrote:
i believe republicans are selfish cause they want americans to suffer so obama and democrats can be voted out of power

proof of this is it was republicans who voted NO against a bill to give healthcare to 9/11 first responders, they deny heros healthcare so the democrats and obama don't have any success

republicans voted NO on a bill that was to help small buisnesses start up and stay in buisness by providing loans that wallstreet wouldnt, yet these liars claim oh they want to help small buisnesses

they say they are christians and care about human suffering thats a lie, they believe illegal immigrants should be denied any healthcare which is anti christian and lie that they feel bad for illegal immigrants saying their trying to help illegal immigrants by sending them back cause their slaves today, here's how stupid this sounds the reason illegal immigrants come to america and live under slave conditions is cause the conditions at home are much worste, it would be a human thing to do by giving them citizenships

they lie that ronald reagon tried increasing nukes when obama wanted to decrease nukes actually reagon wanted to decrease nukes

You make some good points, and it's refreshing to find someone else on this forum who isn't a right-winger.

(Obviously in reference to me)
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 7:03:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Needs moar selfish. Then again, I suppose it depends what degree you're declaring of "are" whether your claim is true.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 7:06:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/6/2011 6:56:15 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 7/6/2011 1:55:44 PM, flames wrote:
i believe republicans are selfish cause they want americans to suffer so obama and democrats can be voted out of power

proof of this is it was republicans who voted NO against a bill to give healthcare to 9/11 first responders, they deny heros healthcare so the democrats and obama don't have any success

republicans voted NO on a bill that was to help small buisnesses start up and stay in buisness by providing loans that wallstreet wouldnt, yet these liars claim oh they want to help small buisnesses

they say they are christians and care about human suffering thats a lie, they believe illegal immigrants should be denied any healthcare which is anti christian and lie that they feel bad for illegal immigrants saying their trying to help illegal immigrants by sending them back cause their slaves today, here's how stupid this sounds the reason illegal immigrants come to america and live under slave conditions is cause the conditions at home are much worste, it would be a human thing to do by giving them citizenships

they lie that ronald reagon tried increasing nukes when obama wanted to decrease nukes actually reagon wanted to decrease nukes

You make some good points, and it's refreshing to find someone else on this forum who isn't a right-winger.

You do realize your model non-right-winger doesn't know grammar, right?
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 7:24:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/6/2011 1:55:44 PM, flames wrote:
i believe republicans are selfish cause they want americans to suffer so obama and democrats can be voted out of power

Back it up with evidence, then.

proof of this is it was republicans who voted NO against a bill to give healthcare to 9/11 first responders, they deny heros healthcare so the democrats and obama don't have any success

After some negotiations, the bill passed the Senate unanimously.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

republicans voted NO on a bill that was to help small buisnesses start up and stay in buisness by providing loans that wallstreet wouldnt, yet these liars claim oh they want to help small buisnesses

I have found two articles about the bill, neither of which mention any opposition at all.

they say they are christians and care about human suffering thats a lie, they believe illegal immigrants should be denied any healthcare which is anti christian

It's Christian to force everybody in the country to pay hospital bills for people from outside the country? Since when?

and lie that they feel bad for illegal immigrants saying their trying to help illegal immigrants by sending them back cause their slaves today

I'm not aware of this.

here's how stupid this sounds the reason illegal immigrants come to america and live under slave conditions is cause the conditions at home are much worste, it would be a human thing to do by giving them citizenships

The thing is, America is a welfare state, so the sudden influx of poor Mexicans would break an already fragile government budget. Citizenship is also supposed to be a process of developing loyalty to a country, not a right to be granted to everybody who passes through the borders.

they lie that ronald reagon tried increasing nukes when obama wanted to decrease nukes actually reagon wanted to decrease nukes

I don't even know what you're talking about here.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 7:55:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/6/2011 7:06:20 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 7/6/2011 6:56:15 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 7/6/2011 1:55:44 PM, flames wrote:
i believe republicans are selfish cause they want americans to suffer so obama and democrats can be voted out of power

proof of this is it was republicans who voted NO against a bill to give healthcare to 9/11 first responders, they deny heros healthcare so the democrats and obama don't have any success

republicans voted NO on a bill that was to help small buisnesses start up and stay in buisness by providing loans that wallstreet wouldnt, yet these liars claim oh they want to help small buisnesses

they say they are christians and care about human suffering thats a lie, they believe illegal immigrants should be denied any healthcare which is anti christian and lie that they feel bad for illegal immigrants saying their trying to help illegal immigrants by sending them back cause their slaves today, here's how stupid this sounds the reason illegal immigrants come to america and live under slave conditions is cause the conditions at home are much worste, it would be a human thing to do by giving them citizenships

they lie that ronald reagon tried increasing nukes when obama wanted to decrease nukes actually reagon wanted to decrease nukes

You make some good points, and it's refreshing to find someone else on this forum who isn't a right-winger.

You do realize your model non-right-winger doesn't know grammar, right?

He's probably a non-native speaker of English who for all you know could be a brilliant academic in his own tongue. To assume that because someone is communicating in a language he's still in an early stage of mastering that therefore his thought processes are as shaky as his grammar, well, that's simply unfair and dumb. And if you're going to judge how intellectually competent someone is by his grasp of the language he's conversing in, then never try to use a language you haven't mastered to perfection, lest you be forced to judge yourself to be a simpleton.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
Aaronroy
Posts: 749
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 10:40:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/6/2011 1:55:44 PM, flames wrote:
i believe republicans are selfish cause they want americans to suffer so obama and democrats can be voted out of power

Fallacy. Republicans are typically libertarians and are stout believers in individualism. It is only logical to conclude that they wish for the American individual to prosper by their own means.
proof of this is it was republicans who voted NO against a bill to give healthcare to 9/11 first responders, they deny heros healthcare so the democrats and obama don't have any success
That is not proof by any means. By the way, your grammar is unbearable.

republicans voted NO on a bill that was to help small buisnesses start up and stay in buisness by providing loans that wallstreet wouldnt, yet these liars claim oh they want to help small buisnesses

Subjective
they say they are christians and care about human suffering thats a lie, they believe illegal immigrants should be denied any healthcare which is anti christian and lie that they feel bad for illegal immigrants saying their trying to help illegal immigrants by sending them back cause their slaves today, here's how stupid this sounds the reason illegal immigrants come to america and live under slave conditions is cause the conditions at home are much worste, it would be a human thing to do by giving them citizenships

1# Fallacy. I know many Republicans that are atheist, agnostic or of different non-Christian religions.

2# Illegal aliens are criminals by default by illegally entering the nation. I have nothing against immigrants who legally migrate, but I have no tolerance for criminals.
they lie that ronald reagon tried increasing nukes when obama wanted to decrease nukes actually reagon wanted to decrease nukes
The "Reagan Is Building More Nukes" crap was just a scare tactic to get the Soviets to stockpile on more nukes and armaments, of which, was successful and eventually led to the Soviets spending themselves into financial oblivion.
turn down for h'what
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 12:42:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/6/2011 7:55:20 PM, charleslb wrote:
He's probably a non-native speaker of English who for all you know could be a brilliant academic in his own tongue. To assume that because someone is communicating in a language he's still in an early stage of mastering that therefore his thought processes are as shaky as his grammar, well, that's simply unfair and dumb. And if you're going to judge how intellectually competent someone is by his grasp of the language he's conversing in, then never try to use a language you haven't mastered to perfection, lest you be forced to judge yourself to be a simpleton.

It doesn't take much understanding of a language to recognize that you capitalize the first word of a sentence. This is generally constant for most languages, including French, and given that flames is Canadian, it would most likely be his first language if English isn't. Yes, I expect competence, and I judge the incompetent as incompetent.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
THE_OPINIONATOR
Posts: 575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 11:03:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am a Republican and a Christian and I disagree with your statement about refuseing healthcare to immagrints. They dont have to pay tax on anything and half of them speak no english. They are taking jobs away from Americans in AMERICA. Most immagrints wear better clothes hand hags than me and my familly. They need to either learn English and become an official resident or go back to wear they came. U.s. healthcare should go to AMERICANS only.
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 11:42:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/6/2011 7:55:20 PM, charleslb wrote:

He's probably a non-native speaker of English who for all you know could be a brilliant academic in his own tongue. To assume that because someone is communicating in a language he's still in an early stage of mastering that therefore his thought processes are as shaky as his grammar, well, that's simply unfair and dumb. And if you're going to judge how intellectually competent someone is by his grasp of the language he's conversing in, then never try to use a language you haven't mastered to perfection, lest you be forced to judge yourself to be a simpleton.

Nice fragment bro. Also, Reagan was all about reducing other nation arms first before ours. Obama is all about reducing ours first. Neither left nor right really serves the public anyway with the career politician system we have.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 1:49:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/7/2011 12:42:58 AM, mongoose wrote:
At 7/6/2011 7:55:20 PM, charleslb wrote:
He's probably a non-native speaker of English who for all you know could be a brilliant academic in his own tongue. To assume that because someone is communicating in a language he's still in an early stage of mastering that therefore his thought processes are as shaky as his grammar, well, that's simply unfair and dumb. And if you're going to judge how intellectually competent someone is by his grasp of the language he's conversing in, then never try to use a language you haven't mastered to perfection, lest you be forced to judge yourself to be a simpleton.

It doesn't take much understanding of a language to recognize that you capitalize the first word of a sentence. This is generally constant for most languages, including French, and given that flames is Canadian, it would most likely be his first language if English isn't. Yes, I expect competence, and I judge the incompetent as incompetent.

You're just digging your mental heels in and justifying taking a cheap shot at someone whose point of view goes against your own ideological grain.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 6:17:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/7/2011 1:49:06 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 7/7/2011 12:42:58 AM, mongoose wrote:
At 7/6/2011 7:55:20 PM, charleslb wrote:
He's probably a non-native speaker of English who for all you know could be a brilliant academic in his own tongue. To assume that because someone is communicating in a language he's still in an early stage of mastering that therefore his thought processes are as shaky as his grammar, well, that's simply unfair and dumb. And if you're going to judge how intellectually competent someone is by his grasp of the language he's conversing in, then never try to use a language you haven't mastered to perfection, lest you be forced to judge yourself to be a simpleton.

It doesn't take much understanding of a language to recognize that you capitalize the first word of a sentence. This is generally constant for most languages, including French, and given that flames is Canadian, it would most likely be his first language if English isn't. Yes, I expect competence, and I judge the incompetent as incompetent.

You're just digging your mental heels in and justifying taking a cheap shot at someone whose point of view goes against your own ideological grain.

Sure I am. You have all the evidence in the world to prove this point, right? Or is it all circular?
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
flames
Posts: 69
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 7:29:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Anthony Weiner Erupts at Republicans for Rejecting 9/11 Responders Health Bill

Most House Republicans on Thursday voted against a bill to provide $7.4 billion in aid to 9/11 first responders who became sick after the attacks. They complained that Democrats opted to bypass voting on amendments, opting instead for a process that sped up the vote but required a two-thirds majority.

Democratic Rep. Anthony Weiner blew a fuse on the House floor when he heard his GOP colleagues complaining about procedure yesterday. In a dramatic one-and-a-half minute speech, Weiner hollered that Republicans were being cowardly by opposing the bill based on procedure.

The measure failed to get the two-thirds needed to pass: The vote was 255 to 159, and came down largely along party lines.

"It's Republicans wrapping their arms around Republicans rather than doing the right thing on behalf of the heroes," Weiner yelled. "It is a shame. A shame! If you believe this is a bad idea to provide health care - then vote no! But don't give me the cowardly view that 'Oh if it was a different procedure'..."

Before Weiner made his remarks on the floor, Republican Rep. Peter King of New York accused Democrats of being too afraid to vote on controversial amendments and instead staging a "charade" by holding the vote.

Weiner contended that Republicans were the ones staging a charade by stalling votes under the false pretense that they could possibly support a bill if it were further amended.

"We see it in the United States Senate every single day, where members say, 'We want amendments, we want debate, we want amendments -- but we're still a No,'" Weiner yelled. "You vote yes if you believe yes... if you believe it's the right thing. If you believe it's the wrong thing, you vote no."

http://www.cbsnews.com...

THIS IS EVIDENCE AND I CAN PROVIDE MORE EVIDENCE THAT REPUBLICANS ARE SELFISH AND WILL VOTE NO JUST SO DEMOCRATS AND OBAMA FAILS LIKE THEIR HERO RUSH LIMBOUGH WANTS OBAMA TO FAIL
JON STEWART HAD TO HUMILATE THE POLITICANS AND THE REPUBLICAN PARTY INTO VOTING YES

IF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY ISN'T A PARTY OF NO WHO WANTS OBAMA TO FAIL AT THE COST OF AMERICAN LIVES, EXPLAIN TO ME WHY DID THEY VOTE NO ON FIRST RESPONDERSBILL
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 7:51:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/7/2011 7:29:35 PM, flames wrote:
THIS IS EVIDENCE AND I CAN PROVIDE MORE EVIDENCE THAT REPUBLICANS ARE SELFISH AND WILL VOTE NO JUST SO DEMOCRATS AND OBAMA FAILS LIKE THEIR HERO RUSH LIMBOUGH WANTS OBAMA TO FAIL
JON STEWART HAD TO HUMILATE THE POLITICANS AND THE REPUBLICAN PARTY INTO VOTING YES

IF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY ISN'T A PARTY OF NO WHO WANTS OBAMA TO FAIL AT THE COST OF AMERICAN LIVES, EXPLAIN TO ME WHY DID THEY VOTE NO ON FIRST RESPONDERSBILL

I don't remember the details, but I believe it was because they wanted ammendments to it to ensure that the people the money was going towards were actually sick because of 9/11.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
flames
Posts: 69
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 7:53:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Republicans continue Senate filibuster of small-business bill, stymie Democrats
By Lori Montgomery
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, July 30, 2010

In a fresh blow to President Obama's jobs agenda, the Senate on Thursday shelved a plan to create a $30 billion loan fund for cash-strapped small businesses, delaying final passage of a top administration priority until September at the earliest.

This Story
Republicans continue Senate filibuster of small-business bill
Small businesses emerge as big campaign issue
Ezra Klein: Research desk: How much do the Bush tax cuts help small businesses?
Though Senate leaders in both parties were still working toward a compromise late Thursday, Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.) said the Senate would not return to the bill until next week. Even if the Senate approved it, the bill would have to go back to the House, which is set to begin its August break on Friday.

The bill, which also includes $12 billion in business tax breaks and additional aid for state lending programs, has won the support of more than 100 business groups, including such traditional GOP allies as the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the National Federation of Independent Business. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said that many Republicans also support many of the measure's provisions, which could aid a key political constituency, spur hiring and help reduce a 9.5 percent unemployment rate as lawmakers head into the November elections.

Nonetheless, the Senate failed again to advance the bill, as a united Republican caucus voted Thursday to continue to its filibuster after Reid and McConnell reached an impasse over the number of amendments that the GOP could offer. Democrats agreed to three; Republicans demanded four. Reid accused McConnell of moving the goal posts.

A furious Sen. Olympia J. Snowe (R-Maine), the senior Republican on the Senate committee on small business, said Democrats had played their own games with procedure while accusing Republicans of obstructionism.

"It's all political theater. You know, it's scoring political points. It's all for the next election that's coming very shortly," Snowe said on the Senate floor. "This bill was on the floor more than three weeks ago. And how many amendments have we been able to offer . . .? Zero."

Late Thursday, Reid suggested taking "a little time over the next couple of days to cool down," and he brought up a different piece of Obama's economic agenda: a plan to provide more than $26 billion in health and education aid to state governments. The cost of the measure would be covered by spending reductions, as well as higher taxes on multinational corporations.

Republican aides said some Democrats had been clamoring to add the cash to the small-business bill. If the state aid passes separately, aides in both parties said that could clear a path for the small-business initiative to advance.

"This ain't over," a senior Republican aide said.

republicans say their party for small buisness then why did they work so hard from keeping the small buisness bill from passing, is it cause they want the economy to fail under obama like their hero rush limbough, thats selfish working against small buisnesses then going on tv and lieing that they want to help small buisnesses

THIS IS EVIDENCE REPUBLICANS ARE A SELFISH PARTY BY VOTING AGAINST THE SMALL BUISNESS BILL WHICH WAS TO HELP SMALL BUISNESSES ACROSS AMERICA
flames
Posts: 69
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 7:54:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/7/2011 6:17:41 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 7/7/2011 1:49:06 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 7/7/2011 12:42:58 AM, mongoose wrote:
At 7/6/2011 7:55:20 PM, charleslb wrote:
He's probably a non-native speaker of English who for all you know could be a brilliant academic in his own tongue. To assume that because someone is communicating in a language he's still in an early stage of mastering that therefore his thought processes are as shaky as his grammar, well, that's simply unfair and dumb. And if you're going to judge how intellectually competent someone is by his grasp of the language he's conversing in, then never try to use a language you haven't mastered to perfection, lest you be forced to judge yourself to be a simpleton.

It doesn't take much understanding of a language to recognize that you capitalize the first word of a sentence. This is generally constant for most languages, including French, and given that flames is Canadian, it would most likely be his first language if English isn't. Yes, I expect competence, and I judge the incompetent as incompetent.

You're just digging your mental heels in and justifying taking a cheap shot at someone whose point of view goes against your own ideological grain.

Sure I am. You have all the evidence in the world to prove this point, right? Or is it all circular?

The evidence is that you have arn't providing any evidence that the republican party is a selfish party, and someone loses a debate when they have to resort to insults
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 7:56:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't see why 9/11 first responders should even get federal funding if they were "sick" from 9/11 in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, if you are a first responder, it is your job to be in risky situations. Other first responders get sick, injured, or even die n the line of duty but they don't get federal funding. Why should 9/11 first responders get special treatment?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 8:16:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
flames, the problem with your examples is that the Republicans want to pass the bills with amendments. I also don't see how the First Responders thing could possibly make Obama look bad if the only news just about any of us are going to get is that the Republicans are opposed to the bill. Sorry, but you're starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist.
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 9:08:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/7/2011 7:54:41 PM, flames wrote:
The evidence is that you have arn't providing any evidence that the republican party is a selfish party, and someone loses a debate when they have to resort to insults

I don't even understand what you're saying. Please use grammar.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
flames
Posts: 69
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 9:21:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/7/2011 8:16:48 PM, mongeese wrote:
flames, the problem with your examples is that the Republicans want to pass the bills with amendments. I also don't see how the First Responders thing could possibly make Obama look bad if the only news just about any of us are going to get is that the Republicans are opposed to the bill. Sorry, but you're starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist.

not really considering the media didn't consider it a conspiracy and were puzzled as to why republicans wouldn't pass it, they made many amendments but republicans kept saying no and demanding more

They were worried if obama passed it he would get the credit but they didn't want him to pass it and wanted to wait till republicans had taken the congress so they could get the credit or share in the credit
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 10:04:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/7/2011 9:21:13 PM, flames wrote:
At 7/7/2011 8:16:48 PM, mongeese wrote:
flames, the problem with your examples is that the Republicans want to pass the bills with amendments. I also don't see how the First Responders thing could possibly make Obama look bad if the only news just about any of us are going to get is that the Republicans are opposed to the bill. Sorry, but you're starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist.

not really considering the media didn't consider it a conspiracy and were puzzled as to why republicans wouldn't pass it, they made many amendments but republicans kept saying no and demanding more

But how could that ever look bad for Obama, if the Republicans are publicized as blocking what you see to be a desirable bill?

They were worried if obama passed it he would get the credit but they didn't want him to pass it and wanted to wait till republicans had taken the congress so they could get the credit or share in the credit

So instead they take the blame in stopping the bill by dividing it across party lines, allowing Democrats look as if they're the only ones who care? That doesn't make any sense.
flames
Posts: 69
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 10:54:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/7/2011 10:04:33 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 7/7/2011 9:21:13 PM, flames wrote:
At 7/7/2011 8:16:48 PM, mongeese wrote:
flames, the problem with your examples is that the Republicans want to pass the bills with amendments. I also don't see how the First Responders thing could possibly make Obama look bad if the only news just about any of us are going to get is that the Republicans are opposed to the bill. Sorry, but you're starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist.

not really considering the media didn't consider it a conspiracy and were puzzled as to why republicans wouldn't pass it, they made many amendments but republicans kept saying no and demanding more

But how could that ever look bad for Obama, if the Republicans are publicized as blocking what you see to be a desirable bill?

They were worried if obama passed it he would get the credit but they didn't want him to pass it and wanted to wait till republicans had taken the congress so they could get the credit or share in the credit

So instead they take the blame in stopping the bill by dividing it across party lines, allowing Democrats look as if they're the only ones who care? That doesn't make any sense.

actually by not passing the first responders bill it wasn't making obama look bad but at same time he wasn't going to get credit for passing it, and republicans don't want obama to have any kind of success

republicans didn't look bad cause media forgot about the story

when jon stewart brought it up then the media started making a big deal

and even fox news couldn't defend the republicans cause jon stewart showed their was nothing wrong with the bill it was a great bill

but republicans voted no which caused weiner to lose his temper

but please tell me what was it that held republicans back from voting for the first responders bill and why they voted for it after jon stewart called them out on tv and exposed them for their hypocrasy and exposed them as a selfish party
flames
Posts: 69
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 10:56:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
please watch this video were jon steward gets credit for calling out republicans and fox news turns on republicans and REPUBLICANS TRY EXPLAINING WHY THEY VOTED NO
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 11:00:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/7/2011 7:56:07 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I don't see why 9/11 first responders should even get federal funding if they were "sick" from 9/11 in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, if you are a first responder, it is your job to be in risky situations. Other first responders get sick, injured, or even die n the line of duty but they don't get federal funding. Why should 9/11 first responders get special treatment?

Money makes the libs go round.
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2011 9:03:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/6/2011 1:55:44 PM, flames wrote:
i believe republicans are selfish cause they want americans to suffer so obama and democrats can be voted out of power

proof of this is it was republicans who voted NO against a bill to give healthcare to 9/11 first responders, they deny heros healthcare so the democrats and obama don't have any success

republicans voted NO on a bill that was to help small buisnesses start up and stay in buisness by providing loans that wallstreet wouldnt, yet these liars claim oh they want to help small buisnesses

they say they are christians and care about human suffering thats a lie, they believe illegal immigrants should be denied any healthcare which is anti christian and lie that they feel bad for illegal immigrants saying their trying to help illegal immigrants by sending them back cause their slaves today, here's how stupid this sounds the reason illegal immigrants come to america and live under slave conditions is cause the conditions at home are much worste, it would be a human thing to do by giving them citizenships

they lie that ronald reagon tried increasing nukes when obama wanted to decrease nukes actually reagon wanted to decrease nukes

You speak as if being selfish is a bad thing. Being selfish is not a bad thing. :)
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Goober
Posts: 10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2011 2:23:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/6/2011 1:55:44 PM, flames wrote:
i believe republicans are selfish cause they want americans to suffer so obama and democrats can be voted out of power

proof of this is it was republicans who voted NO against a bill to give healthcare to 9/11 first responders, they deny heros healthcare so the democrats and obama don't have any success

Where do we get the money ?

republicans voted NO on a bill that was to help small buisnesses start up and stay in buisness by providing loans that wallstreet wouldnt, yet these liars claim oh they want to help small buisnesses

Where do we get the money ?

they say they are christians and care about human suffering thats a lie, they believe illegal immigrants should be denied any healthcare which is anti christian and lie that they feel bad for illegal immigrants saying their trying to help illegal immigrants by sending them back cause their slaves today, here's how stupid this sounds the reason illegal immigrants come to america and live under slave conditions is cause the conditions at home are much worste, it would be a human thing to do by giving them citizenships

Where do we get the money ?

they lie that ronald reagon tried increasing nukes when obama wanted to decrease nukes actually reagon wanted to decrease nukes

What does this have to do with being selfish ?
If not wanting to spend money we don't have is selfish, I guess you got us, we're selfish.
flames
Posts: 69
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 8:08:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/9/2011 2:23:30 PM, Goober wrote:
At 7/6/2011 1:55:44 PM, flames wrote:
i believe republicans are selfish cause they want americans to suffer so obama and democrats can be voted out of power

proof of this is it was republicans who voted NO against a bill to give healthcare to 9/11 first responders, they deny heros healthcare so the democrats and obama don't have any success

Where do we get the money ?

republicans voted NO on a bill that was to help small buisnesses start up and stay in buisness by providing loans that wallstreet wouldnt, yet these liars claim oh they want to help small buisnesses

Where do we get the money ?

they say they are christians and care about human suffering thats a lie, they believe illegal immigrants should be denied any healthcare which is anti christian and lie that they feel bad for illegal immigrants saying their trying to help illegal immigrants by sending them back cause their slaves today, here's how stupid this sounds the reason illegal immigrants come to america and live under slave conditions is cause the conditions at home are much worste, it would be a human thing to do by giving them citizenships

Where do we get the money ?

they lie that ronald reagon tried increasing nukes when obama wanted to decrease nukes actually reagon wanted to decrease nukes

What does this have to do with being selfish ?
If not wanting to spend money we don't have is selfish, I guess you got us, we're selfish.

some democrats wanted to see the money to come out of the defence budget cause the military has to much money considering we have 100 000 american soldiers 200 200 000 afghan troops and 40 000 nato troops yet 35 000 talibon still controls majority of afghanistan, we are definitily wasting alot of money in the military

and the money to pay for the first responders was spose to come originally from by closing a loophole for massive corporations that were able to get tax credits for shipping jobs overseas