Jump to topic:

How librals often argue

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 1:54:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm sure ALL liberals are not quite this bad...
but there are some out there that are.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 2:00:30 AM
At 7/10/2011 1:54:32 AM, Marauder wrote:

I'm sure ALL liberals are not quite this bad...
but there are some out there that are.

Sorry, whatever you say is "this bad" about that "liberal" arguing can be said about conservatives. And also, you'd be hard pressed to find a liberal actually arguing for those things (only after watching less than a minute) and anyone who would does not represent American liberals as a whole.

And I am not a liberal. But you could very well change the post to "how conservatives often argue" and replace some words in that liberal's lines and it'd work the same way.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 2:20:49 AM
The conservative in that video was almost as full of s*** as the liberal. Since it's a straw man against liberals that's pretty bad.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 2:29:52 AM
Here is how many people I have met act
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
ApostateAbe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 9:55:11 AM
Huh. I would have expected that there would be an appeal to freedom of religion or the first amendment somewhere in there. Reporting someone for hate speech? Turn in the whole Internet. I don't think any liberal I know argues like that, with or without the monotone voice.
smc_gamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 10:09:40 AM
While the first video's portrayal of liberals is somewhat exaggerated, it's still pretty amusing.
"If good things lasted forever, would we appreciate how precious they are?"
-Hobbes
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 10:28:27 AM
Strawmanning your opponent, especially if the opponent is not around to make a rebuttal makes circle jerking a lot more fun.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 1:52:15 AM
At 7/10/2011 2:29:52 AM, BennyW wrote:
Here is how many people I have met act

Haha. Give Obama a chance, sure he didn't do $#*! so far, but what else could you expect after 8 years of Bush? After all, he did repeal don't ask don't tell, and he did all those other awesome job related things... Wait, the economy still sucks... Well, these sort of things take time... At least he's trying to take troops out out of Iraq, and even though he swore they'd all be out of there by the end of '11 it's okay because Bush sent them there in the first place... Yeahhh.

Love how so many libs think the "Bushdidit" mentality makes Obama practically infallible.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 6:11:07 PM
I have seen terrible arguments from both sides; even just by conservatives I'm attacked simply for just having an Arabic name while if I say the slightest thing wrong I have been called racist by liberals.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 6:47:34 PM
At 7/14/2011 6:11:07 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I have seen terrible arguments from both sides; even just by conservatives I'm attacked simply for just having an Arabic name while if I say the slightest thing wrong I have been called racist by liberals.

So your saying that debating skills and intelligence is based on the individual, and not on political ideology

Blasphemy!
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 9:29:20 PM
Wow! I would say the temperament is opposite. The liberal is usually the one trying to reason and talk things out, while conservative ideologues talk over, and bring up annoying topics lacking in reason.
The only thing truthful about the argument is how flawed the logic of the conservative really comes across. Thanks for reminding me how dumb conservatives can be.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 10:53:33 PM
At 7/14/2011 9:29:20 PM, comoncents wrote:
Wow! I would say the temperament is opposite. The liberal is usually the one trying to reason and talk things out, while conservative ideologues talk over, and bring up annoying topics lacking in reason.:

In my experience it's gone both ways. I've seen everything from irrational tantrums to all-out violence from both groups.

There's no rhyme or reason. There's cock holsters on both sides of the aisle.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)