Jump to topic:

Ron Paul Won't Make It Through the Primaries

Hambone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 4:06:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Even though he's not seeking re-election for Congress to focus on his Presidential bid, Paul still doesn't make it through the primaries, I say. He's got some good, fiscally-sound libertarian ideas, but some of them are so far out there that the majority will call him a kook. I say he beats Pawlenty, maybe even Palin, but Romney and Bachmann are rolling too strong right now. He'll retire after not getting the Presidency and not seeking re-election.
Hot and Dangerous
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 4:37:44 PM
At 7/12/2011 4:06:14 PM, Hambone wrote:
Even though he's not seeking re-election for Congress to focus on his Presidential bid, Paul still doesn't make it through the primaries, I say. He's got some good, fiscally-sound libertarian ideas, but some of them are so far out there that the majority will call him a kook. I say he beats Pawlenty, maybe even Palin, but Romney and Bachmann are rolling too strong right now. He'll retire after not getting the Presidency and not seeking re-election.

Then this is the end of the road for Ron Paul! I love ya! Nice talking with ya! Have a great retirement! We will talk again someday!
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 1:06:42 AM
At 7/12/2011 4:37:44 PM, comoncents wrote:

Then this is the end of the road for Ron Paul! I love ya! Nice talking with ya! Have a great retirement! We will talk again someday!

Not quite. Ron Paul planted the seeds of an intellectual revolution in 2007/2008. Whether you consider yourself part of it or not, even if his less votes does not translate into the presidency, he has the most dedicated fanbase out of any politician in the world, and it continues to spread each day. He is immensely more popular than he was in 2008, and his supporters are lasting; the majority of the people who show up in those polls for Romney or Bachmann are not "diehard" supporters like Paul's are - if they don't win the nomination, they will certainly fade into obscurity like most other Presidential hopefuls of the past who never made it into office.

Not so for Paul. Take into account that he leads all the Presidential candidates in book sales. So again, he is undeniably at the head of an intellectual revolution. He has said that he'll continue doing so until he just can't do it anymore. Don't say goodbye so soon.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 9:23:01 PM
Even though he's not seeking re-election for Congress to focus on his Presidential bid, Paul still doesn't make it through the primaries, I say. He's got some good, fiscally-sound libertarian ideas, but some of them are so far out there that the majority will call him a kook.

Which Ideas are far out there? and which educated people call him a kook?
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 10:02:35 PM
At 7/13/2011 1:06:42 AM, jat93 wrote:

Not quite. Ron Paul planted the seeds of an intellectual revolution in 2007/2008. Whether you consider yourself part of it or not, even if his less votes does not translate into the presidency, he has the most dedicated fanbase out of any politician in the world, and it continues to spread each day. He is immensely more popular than he was in 2008, and his supporters are lasting; the majority of the people who show up in those polls for Romney or Bachmann are not "diehard" supporters like Paul's are - if they don't win the nomination, they will certainly fade into obscurity like most other Presidential hopefuls of the past who never made it into office.

Not so for Paul. Take into account that he leads all the Presidential candidates in book sales. So again, he is undeniably at the head of an intellectual revolution. He has said that he'll continue doing so until he just can't do it anymore. Don't say goodbye so soon.

THIS
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 10:19:21 PM

Of course he won't win, and he probably will retire, but his ideas are sound and his pupils(myself included) are loyal. He doesn't even need to make it through the primaries, because a seed has been planted. The seed closely resembles the one which brought this country into existence in the first place. It is the seed of personal liberty. The actions of our government over the last have century are reprehensible, and we can either watch our country dissolve, or use our freaking common sense. Moreover, Romney is nothing more than a white Obama, and Bachmann is only slightly less ignorant than Palin. Neither has any more shot at the presidency than Paul, thankfully. I don't have much hope for a changing of the guards now, but in nine to thirteen years, I expect there will be no choice anymore.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 10:39:23 PM
People will lose interest in Romney when they realize his economic policies are the same as Obama's.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 10:47:42 PM
At 7/13/2011 10:39:23 PM, wjmelements wrote:
People will lose interest in Romney when they realize his economic policies are the same as Obama's.

And you really think people care that his economic policies are the same as Obama's? Newsflash = the Republican and Democratic presidential nominees for god knows how long have been exactly the same, with some trivial differences, and nobody seems to care. Or notice. I see no reason for this election cycle to be any different. Really, even if people realized that Romney would be at least 4 more years of big government, unnecessary warfare, and equally minimal attention to the constitution, nobody gives a crap. It's always been the Republicrats, and sadly, I expect more of the same.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 11:00:04 PM
At 7/13/2011 10:19:21 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:

Of course he won't win, and he probably will retire, but his ideas are sound and his pupils(myself included) are loyal. He doesn't even need to make it through the primaries, because a seed has been planted. The seed closely resembles the one which brought this country into existence in the first place. It is the seed of personal liberty. The actions of our government over the last have century are reprehensible, and we can either watch our country dissolve, or use our freaking common sense. Moreover, Romney is nothing more than a white Obama, and Bachmann is only slightly less ignorant than Palin. Neither has any more shot at the presidency than Paul, thankfully. I don't have much hope for a changing of the guards now, but in nine to thirteen years, I expect there will be no choice anymore.

- I think that Bachmann and Romney have more of a chance at the Presidency only because it is more likely that they will make it past the primaries... If Ron Paul won the primaries, he would take Obama down with his hands tied behind his back. But Romney will probably get the nomination, and though when it comes to the general election he has less of a chance than Paul, if the economy continues to suffer as much as it's been, it will be a huge topic on which any opponent could capitalize. And the wars? Obama's hypocrisies and contradictions are so blatant, a debate with him should be target practice.

- In regards to the inevitable "changing of the guards" a decade or so down the road (if it doesn't happen now)... Look out for Senator Rand Paul.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 4:59:05 PM
Ron Paul just boosted from 3% to 14% in the latest Iowa poll. That's 4% away from Romney! Iowa is a swing state and major indicator of who will win.

In this early of the game, Ron Paul has plenty of time to keep increasing that percent of support easily.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 10:53:38 PM
At 7/13/2011 11:00:04 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 7/13/2011 10:19:21 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:

- I think that Bachmann and Romney have more of a chance at the Presidency only because it is more likely that they will make it past the primaries... If Ron Paul won the primaries, he would take Obama down with his hands tied behind his back. But Romney will probably get the nomination, and though when it comes to the general election he has less of a chance than Paul, if the economy continues to suffer as much as it's been, it will be a huge topic on which any opponent could capitalize. And the wars? Obama's hypocrisies and contradictions are so blatant, a debate with him should be target practice.

- In regards to the inevitable "changing of the guards" a decade or so down the road (if it doesn't happen now)... Look out for Senator Rand Paul.

While I truly appreciate your enthusiasm, I am not a Rand Paul supporter. He does not carry the weight or ideals of his father, and is basically a square. He grew up as an over-privileged nit, and really does naught for the cause. On the other hand, The country's situation will certainly press the issue of complete overhaul. In fact, we will be lucky if it takes that long. If we default in two weeks, Ron Paul could be a legit force in the primaries. I've never hoped for such a plight on our nation until now. I say, let us default, and let the american people taste the irresponsible and corrupt actions of the the top 1% first hand.