Arkansas suspends right to peaceably assemble

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 8:49:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.nytimes.com...
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 8:50:21 PM
I burst out laughing when I saw this.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 9:43:35 PM
"The City Council adopted an ordinance last week making it illegal to form any kind of group without its permission."

Pretty unconstitutional. I would assume that the first person who is cited for a violation of this ordinance could easily take it to appeals court and get the ordinance overturned. Ordinances are a little different than laws though so I'm not sure if it works that way...
Rob
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 10:30:49 PM
Well actually, it might be illegal to meet with legal counsel without city counsel approval, so they could probably prevent their ordinance from being tested in court if they wanted to.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 10:33:06 PM
"Technically, what I'm doing I guess is illegal," he said. "But if I'm going to get arrested for meeting with citizens or letting them form their own groups, that's a pretty good reason to go to jail."

*This has to be a joke...
newyorktimes
*Wow...
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light