Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

Tea baggers

Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 3:20:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Only watched the few minutes that it provided, but it looked like the exact kind of propaganda (though of the opposite side) that it was complaining against.

I saw a lot of spotlighting (a fallacy) and a lot of unbacked claims.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
JohnJohnSHTOOKAH
Posts: 39
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 3:25:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/21/2011 3:22:42 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 7/21/2011 3:12:37 PM, JohnJohnSHTOOKAH wrote:
Ought to watch

http://astroturfwars.com...

What's this guy's thesis?

That groups such as Freedom Works and Americans for Prosperity are not really grassroots organizations but corporate front groups.
Ska > Whatever your favorite genre of music is
JohnJohnSHTOOKAH
Posts: 39
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 3:27:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/21/2011 3:20:16 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Only watched the few minutes that it provided, but it looked like the exact kind of propaganda (though of the opposite side) that it was complaining against.

I saw a lot of spotlighting (a fallacy) and a lot of unbacked claims.

lousy fairness doctrine... Youuuuu should watch the whole thing
Ska > Whatever your favorite genre of music is
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 3:30:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/21/2011 3:27:09 PM, JohnJohnSHTOOKAH wrote:
At 7/21/2011 3:20:16 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Only watched the few minutes that it provided, but it looked like the exact kind of propaganda (though of the opposite side) that it was complaining against.

I saw a lot of spotlighting (a fallacy) and a lot of unbacked claims.

lousy fairness doctrine... Youuuuu should watch the whole thing

not for $1.99, and honestly, probably not for the time it takes. Videos are like blogs, they can say whatever they want and they don't really have to respond to questions or critics. If I watch it and have questions or disagreements, I cannot just ask the video (well, I can, but it won't reply).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
JohnJohnSHTOOKAH
Posts: 39
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 4:16:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/21/2011 3:30:08 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 7/21/2011 3:27:09 PM, JohnJohnSHTOOKAH wrote:
At 7/21/2011 3:20:16 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Only watched the few minutes that it provided, but it looked like the exact kind of propaganda (though of the opposite side) that it was complaining against.

I saw a lot of spotlighting (a fallacy) and a lot of unbacked claims.

lousy fairness doctrine... Youuuuu should watch the whole thing

not for $1.99, and honestly, probably not for the time it takes. Videos are like blogs, they can say whatever they want and they don't really have to respond to questions or critics. If I watch it and have questions or disagreements, I cannot just ask the video (well, I can, but it won't reply).

I understand. I promise if you do at some point Its a bit more backed up.

http://www.watchthisletme.com...

Free link. Takes a bit too load though....

( Remember I said a BIT)
Ska > Whatever your favorite genre of music is
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 6:52:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
good job turfing for that astro filmmaker John.

Seriously who gives a f*** where the money comes from. What's important are the ideas.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
JohnJohnSHTOOKAH
Posts: 39
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 8:01:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/21/2011 6:52:20 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
good job turfing for that astro filmmaker John.

Seriously who gives a f*** where the money comes from. What's important are the ideas.

hahaha true :)

However it's important to recognize conflicts of interest when they are present, is it not? More importantly to recognize how often at times the general public opinion of Americans can be rather distorted.. and ABOVE ALL whether those ideas your talking about are factually legitimate.

I don't know. Just a minor cause for concern in a democracy..
Ska > Whatever your favorite genre of music is
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,320
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 9:02:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/21/2011 8:01:49 PM, JohnJohnSHTOOKAH wrote:
At 7/21/2011 6:52:20 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
good job turfing for that astro filmmaker John.

Seriously who gives a f*** where the money comes from. What's important are the ideas.

hahaha true :)

However it's important to recognize conflicts of interest when they are present, is it not? More importantly to recognize how often at times the general public opinion of Americans can be rather distorted.. and ABOVE ALL whether those ideas your talking about are factually legitimate.


I don't know. Just a minor cause for concern in a democracy..

Then stop giving them your money.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 9:08:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/21/2011 8:01:49 PM, JohnJohnSHTOOKAH wrote:
At 7/21/2011 6:52:20 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
good job turfing for that astro filmmaker John.

Seriously who gives a f*** where the money comes from. What's important are the ideas.

hahaha true :)

However it's important to recognize conflicts of interest when they are present, is it not?
Sponsorship means interest, not automatically "Conflict" of interest.

More importantly to recognize how often at times the general public opinion of Americans can be rather distorted
There is no such thing as general public opinion.

I don't know. Just a minor cause for concern in a democracy..
If we were in a democracy we'd have more important worries.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 9:53:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The video is nonsense. No evidence was providing supporting any of the claims of the commentary. The refutation is simple: about 33% of American voters identify as Tea Party supporters. Supposing that some significant fraction of that is really paid would mean tens of millions on the payroll. that could scarcely be kept secret.

In any case, there is nothing wrong with capitalist-type businesses providing support to anti-socialist groups. Lawyers, Hollywood, and Unions have long provided the bulk of Democratic Party funding. Who do you think is attending those $35,000 a plate Obama fundraisers?

Incidentally, the "Obama is a Nazi" stuff is the product of Larouche Democrats, who have always been nuts.
JohnJohnSHTOOKAH
Posts: 39
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 12:14:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/21/2011 9:53:03 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
The video is nonsense. No evidence was providing supporting any of the claims of the commentary. The refutation is simple: about 33% of American voters identify as Tea Party supporters. Supposing that some significant fraction of that is really paid would mean tens of millions on the payroll. that could scarcely be kept secret.

In any case, there is nothing wrong with capitalist-type businesses providing support to anti-socialist groups. Lawyers, Hollywood, and Unions have long provided the bulk of Democratic Party funding. Who do you think is attending those $35,000 a plate Obama fundraisers?

Incidentally, the "Obama is a Nazi" stuff is the product of Larouche Democrats, who have always been nuts.

grr....
ROY I WILL SPAM YOU

YEahhhhh nothing wrong here.... Just a bunch a good ol' red white n blue joe six packs out there taken there country back...
Ska > Whatever your favorite genre of music is
JohnJohnSHTOOKAH
Posts: 39
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 12:15:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/22/2011 12:14:34 AM, JohnJohnSHTOOKAH wrote:
At 7/21/2011 9:53:03 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
The video is nonsense. No evidence was providing supporting any of the claims of the commentary. The refutation is simple: about 33% of American voters identify as Tea Party supporters. Supposing that some significant fraction of that is really paid would mean tens of millions on the payroll. that could scarcely be kept secret.

In any case, there is nothing wrong with capitalist-type businesses providing support to anti-socialist groups. Lawyers, Hollywood, and Unions have long provided the bulk of Democratic Party funding. Who do you think is attending those $35,000 a plate Obama fundraisers?

Incidentally, the "Obama is a Nazi" stuff is the product of Larouche Democrats, who have always been nuts.

grr....
ROY I WILL SPAM YOU












YEahhhhh nothing wrong here.... Just a bunch a good ol' red white n blue joe six packs out there taken there country back...

Their***
Ska > Whatever your favorite genre of music is
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 12:19:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Changing the subject much john?

Make up your mind about what your thesis is here and stick to it.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
JohnJohnSHTOOKAH
Posts: 39
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 12:22:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/21/2011 9:08:02 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 7/21/2011 8:01:49 PM, JohnJohnSHTOOKAH wrote:
At 7/21/2011 6:52:20 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
good job turfing for that astro filmmaker John.

Seriously who gives a f*** where the money comes from. What's important are the ideas.

hahaha true :)

However it's important to recognize conflicts of interest when they are present, is it not?
Sponsorship means interest, not automatically "Conflict" of interest.

More importantly to recognize how often at times the general public opinion of Americans can be rather distorted
There is no such thing as general public opinion.

I don't know. Just a minor cause for concern in a democracy..
If we were in a democracy we'd have more important worries.

How's about this, if you don't think this is messed up. I'm out of things to say.
Ska > Whatever your favorite genre of music is
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 12:58:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
You, the fan of democracy, are complaining about people being asked to vote against things they don't like on the internet?

Not even vote on something important. Book reviews. Seriously?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
JohnJohnSHTOOKAH
Posts: 39
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 1:07:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/22/2011 12:58:25 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
You, the fan of democracy, are complaining about people being asked to vote against things they don't like on the internet?

Not even vote on something important. Book reviews. Seriously?
Ska > Whatever your favorite genre of music is
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 2:10:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/22/2011 1:07:29 AM, JohnJohnSHTOOKAH wrote:
At 7/22/2011 12:58:25 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
You, the fan of democracy, are complaining about people being asked to vote against things they don't like on the internet?

Not even vote on something important. Book reviews. Seriously?



Your video is just my reaction to your complaint reexpressed.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.