Jump to topic:

Dirty lib'rul statisticking

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2011 8:23:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Despite the fact that there could be perfectly innocous explanations for this, I thought it quite funny today when I was disqualified from a political survey right after a page in which I selected the " these industries have too much regulation" option.

Would be funny if this was so somewhere some newspaper can print "100% of respondents favor more regulation for the following industries..."
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2011 12:52:03 AM
At 7/31/2011 8:23:22 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Despite the fact that there could be perfectly innocous explanations for this, I thought it quite funny today when I was disqualified from a political survey right after a page in which I selected the " these industries have too much regulation" option.

Would be funny if this was so somewhere some newspaper can print "100% of respondents favor more regulation for the following industries..."

That's why. They want certain people to say certain things. For example, if I put race as Latino, and said I ordered magazine subscriptions and was a democrat, I could complete it. Anything else...no go.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2011 11:05:39 AM
At 7/31/2011 8:23:22 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

What survey, and with who?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2011 2:53:10 PM
I was either taking it through Toluna or Opinion Outpost (can't recall, and can't recall the site they redirected to for the survey). They don't tell you "What survey" this is, they just pay you points redeemable for cash if you finish the survey.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2011 2:58:52 PM
At 8/1/2011 2:53:10 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
I was either taking it through Toluna or Opinion Outpost (can't recall, and can't recall the site they redirected to for the survey). They don't tell you "What survey" this is, they just pay you points redeemable for cash if you finish the survey.

lol, I'd be more willing to believe that they were only interested to know what your lean was on those two questions, then boot you off so you don't "finish" and they don't have to pay.

Though that is just my skeptical nature.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2011 4:06:00 PM
At 8/1/2011 2:58:52 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/1/2011 2:53:10 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

lol, I'd be more willing to believe that they were only interested to know what your lean was on those two questions, then boot you off so you don't "finish" and they don't have to pay.
That's quite possible. A lot of sites never seem to finish, I only stick with the ones that sometimes do (And I mostly do it because it can be done during the "downtime" of other things-- for example, while you're dead and awaiting resurrection in a first person shooter).

(You usually get some kind of sweepstakes or other game of chance for not finishing-- I won 50 bucks once from the Opinion Outpost instant win game).

Though the more legit explanation is that they were trying to target a generally pro-regulation audience and then find out something specific about that audience, that wouldn't have been funny :)