Jump to topic:

Right-Wing Hypocrite EXPOSED

Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 10:17:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
It stands to reason that many of America's drug warriors use themselves and don't get caught. When you're one of "the good guys" then it's kind of hard to be caught for it.
Rob
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 10:19:36 AM
Hmm.. I wonder what the context of the "I suppose if you're a gay man from Guatemala who gambles and smokes pot, you probably think that we're onto some good ideas here." comment was.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 10:20:09 AM
In Connecticut of all places.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 10:28:46 AM
At 8/2/2011 10:19:36 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Hmm.. I wonder what the context of the "I suppose if you're a gay man from Guatemala who gambles and smokes pot, you probably think that we're onto some good ideas here." comment was.:

In ultra-rightwing circles, this means he's actually a gambling, pot-smoking queer who prefers Guatamalan men.

That's how neo-cons do things. Whatever they adamantly condemn is public is what they do in private.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 10:30:02 AM
At 8/2/2011 10:28:46 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Hmm.. I wonder what the context of the "I suppose if you're a gay man from Guatemala who gambles and smokes pot, you probably think that we're onto some good ideas here." comment was.:

In ultra-rightwing circles, this means he's actually a gambling, pot-smoking queer who prefers Guatamalan men.

That's how neo-cons do things. Whatever they adamantly condemn is public is what they do in private.

sooooo.... Cheny is an islamic terrorist?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 10:36:41 AM
At 8/2/2011 10:30:02 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/2/2011 10:28:46 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

sooooo.... Cheny is an islamic terrorist?:

Remove the "islamic" part... then it's accurate. :)
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 10:38:00 AM
Pardon, he's a Rhode Island rep.

Still, I don't find his comment particularly offensive, especially if legislation is moving things in the direction that makes his statement true(which it is.. This just makes his comment humorous, and people are getting uptight about it because he's a politician)

I'm not sure this makes the guy a hypocrite. Course, I haven't heard much about his stances.

That said, an earlier News Story says he tested positive for cocaine.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 10:38:18 AM
Earlier story about the same incident, that is.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 10:40:18 AM
At 8/2/2011 10:38:00 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I'm not sure this makes the guy a hypocrite.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooh kay.
Rob
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 10:44:52 AM
At 8/2/2011 10:40:18 AM, Lasagna wrote:

Yes, let politics blind you to the point of making you a condescending douche who can't read or comprehend what is being said when a post is taken in its entirety.

Yeah, you're just as bad as the people who take quotations out of context in order to paint a particular picture. A very typical Republican tactic, I might add.

What the fvck man, I'm talking to a pasta.

*throws down the blunt*
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 12:23:25 PM
At 8/2/2011 10:17:03 AM, Lasagna wrote:
It stands to reason that many of America's drug warriors use themselves and don't get caught. When you're one of "the good guys" then it's kind of hard to be caught for it.

I do think this guy is a bit of a hypocrite but I don't think it's fair to come to the assumption that the entire right-wing is inherently against drugs
turn down for h'what
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 1:24:02 PM
At 8/2/2011 10:44:52 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Yes, let politics blind you to the point of making you a condescending douche who can't read or comprehend what is being said when a post is taken in its entirety.

Yeah, you're just as bad as the people who take quotations out of context in order to paint a particular picture. A very typical Republican tactic, I might add.

*throws down the blunt*

dude.

He is a lawmaker, who has made anti-marijuana rhetoric, who gets high in his spare time.
Rob
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 1:32:09 PM
Yes, a single person who happens to be part of a certain group represents the entire group. All actions that he/she does reflects the entire group.

I think the jews suck.

Oh noes, DDO must be anti-semitic!!!!
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 1:32:25 PM
At 8/2/2011 12:23:25 PM, Aaronroy wrote:

I do think this guy is a bit of a hypocrite but I don't think it's fair to come to the assumption that the entire right-wing is inherently against drugs

Funny... I was going to swear you were about to say "... that the entire right-wing does drugs."

Anti-drug is generally considered the "right" position on the issue, although perhaps assigning individual "right" and "left" stances on each issue is inherently problematic, as I can see that that could be unfair. I catch Hannity and Limbaugh (et al.) on the radio all the time and I guess I generally ascribe them to represent thoroughly what the "right" has to say. It's really the people of the U.S. that are the problem, because politicians avoid the issue when campaigning, knowing that it's going to divide their base if they bring it to the foreground.
Rob
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 1:35:09 PM
At 8/2/2011 1:24:02 PM, Lasagna wrote:

*throws down the blunt*

dude.

He is a lawmaker, who has made anti-marijuana rhetoric, who gets high in his spare time.

Well, as I said in the post which you didn't seem to read, I'm not too familiar with him(I don't live in Rhode Island), and I didn't find their quote mine to be very convincing in establishing him as a basher of the recreational consumption of certain chemical amusement aids.

I found the quote to convey a certain humor that doesn't reflect an anti-drug stance.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 2:12:21 PM
At 8/2/2011 1:32:09 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Yes, a single person who happens to be part of a certain group represents the entire group. All actions that he/she does reflects the entire group.

I think the jews suck.

Oh noes, DDO must be anti-semitic!!!!

That would be based solely on your statement alone, however. Republicans are pretty unified against legalizing cannabis.
Rob
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 2:13:46 PM
At 8/2/2011 1:35:09 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

*throws down the blunt*

dude.

Well, as I said in the post which you didn't seem to read, I'm not too familiar with him(I don't live in Rhode Island), and I didn't find their quote mine to be very convincing in establishing him as a basher of the recreational consumption of certain chemical amusement aids.

I found the quote to convey a certain humor that doesn't reflect an anti-drug stance.

How many anti-cannabis quotes does he need to make before it becomes hypocritical?
Rob
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 2:20:24 PM
At 8/2/2011 2:13:46 PM, Lasagna wrote:

*throws down the blunt*

dude.

How many anti-cannabis quotes does he need to make before it becomes hypocritical?

7 times 70.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 2:25:52 PM

*throws down the blunt*

dude.

I didn't find that quote to be anti-cannabis AT ALL. Context and tone have a lot to do with how a statement is interpreted. This is why politicians love to quote mine in order to smear the other side.

Present more evidence that this particular politician is anti-marijuana. I don't believe that he is.

That's all I'm asking. If you can not, I don't believe you've really looked too deeply into this.

Sure, you could say the same about me, but I don't really give enough of a sh!t. I just don't trust the news, because I know how the news media spins things in order to make articles/stories that people are more likely to read/watch or promote their particular agenda.

I'm only hammering the issue, because I'd like to see more people actually looking more into the articles that attract their attention.

That, and I like being a major buzz kill, because I'm an @sshole.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 2:55:02 PM
At 8/2/2011 2:25:52 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

*throws down the blunt*

dude.

I didn't find that quote to be anti-cannabis AT ALL. Context and tone have a lot to do with how a statement is interpreted. This is why politicians love to quote mine in order to smear the other side.

Present more evidence that this particular politician is anti-marijuana. I don't believe that he is.

That's all I'm asking. If you can not, I don't believe you've really looked too deeply into this.

Sure, you could say the same about me, but I don't really give enough of a sh!t. I just don't trust the news, because I know how the news media spins things in order to make articles/stories that people are more likely to read/watch or promote their particular agenda.

I'm only hammering the issue, because I'd like to see more people actually looking more into the articles that attract their attention.

"The minority leader of the Rhode Island House, who recently dismissed debate over the decriminalization of marijuana as not worthy of legislators' time, is facing pot-possession charges in Connecticut."

http://newsone.com...
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 4:54:03 PM
At 8/2/2011 2:55:02 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 8/2/2011 2:25:52 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

*throws down the blunt*

dude.

"The minority leader of the Rhode Island House, who recently dismissed debate over the decriminalization of marijuana as not worthy of legislators' time, is facing pot-possession charges in Connecticut."

http://newsone.com...

This.

He obviously went out of his way to make that comment as a politically-charged tactic. Whether it was spinelessness in order to get votes or pure hypocrisy, we'll never know. On one hand, politicians are businessmen: the business of garnering votes. It doesn't matter what your personal beliefs are; you're making comments to keep your political career afloat.

On the other hand, I've met plenty of smokers who are anti-marijuana; I remember a particularly potent conversation with a friend of mine in which he asserted that he doesn't want cannabis legalized because he's worried about driving concerns (he's OK with himself smoking and driving, he just doesn't want others doing it :). This is coming from a guy who not only smokes but sells the stuff. So when smokers themselves don't even want it legalized, it becomes an interesting subject.
Rob
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2011 2:38:08 PM
At 8/2/2011 1:32:25 PM, Lasagna wrote:
At 8/2/2011 12:23:25 PM, Aaronroy wrote:

Funny... I was going to swear you were about to say "... that the entire right-wing does drugs."

Anti-drug is generally considered the "right" position on the issue, although perhaps assigning individual "right" and "left" stances on each issue is inherently problematic, as I can see that that could be unfair. I catch Hannity and Limbaugh (et al.) on the radio all the time and I guess I generally ascribe them to represent thoroughly what the "right" has to say. It's really the people of the U.S. that are the problem, because politicians avoid the issue when campaigning, knowing that it's going to divide their base if they bring it to the foreground.

Something generally considered and something that's natural disposition is inherently set. are two different thins, although I do agree, it varies from individual from individual. What seems more questionable is one's allegiance to their side of the political compass when in the light of a certain social issue.

Being that the entire concept of right-wing politics is Anarchism, the right-wing (if it was an individual, let's pretend, eh?) would naturally be for drug rights/legalization due to that the illegalization of cannabis would be against core values of Anarchism in that a governmental body would be establishing laws. A governmental body would be naturally unfavorable in the eyes of the Anarchist-right wing, and the fact it would be establishing laws would deem it even more so.
turn down for h'what
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2011 8:59:36 PM
At 8/4/2011 8:25:52 PM, Lasagna wrote:
What do you think Sean Hannity would have to say about your synopsis of "right-wing?"
I could care less, I don't advocate him
turn down for h'what