Jump to topic:

*Republican Debate Tonight: 8 Candidates*

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 4:25:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't know why I'm just now finding out about this today, but there is a GOP debate tonigh FOX 9PM Est. 6PM Pac.

A new contender has entered. Debaters include:

Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Michelle Bachmann, Herman Cain, Tim Pawlenty, Newt Gingrich, Ric Santorum, and Jon Huntsman.

Who do you think will come out in the top 3?

What do you think of Huntsmans run?

My guess is Ron Paul is really going to rev it up a bit and be more aggressive this time. I thin to keep his momentum on the rise rather than stagnant.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 4:27:55 PM
At 8/11/2011 4:25:17 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I don't know why I'm just now finding out about this today, but there is a GOP debate tonigh FOX 9PM Est. 6PM Pac.

Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Michelle Bachmann, Herman Cain, Tim Pawlenty, Newt Gingrich, Ric Santorum, and Jon Huntsman.

My guess is Ron Paul is really going to rev it up a bit and be more aggressive this time. I thin to keep his momentum on the rise rather than stagnant.

I replied in the Religion one, but I'll do it here too, as here is more appropriate.

I think that most likely, Romney, Bachmann, and HOPEFULLY Paul will come out in the top three. Paul has a good history with straw polls in the previous elections.

I agree about "revving it up." Not only that, but Paul probably NEEDS to rev it up to have a shot at the nomination. Not to answer a question with a question, but what are your thoughts on Paul? I personally find him to be the most sensible candidate, above Obama as well--which is why I'm volunteering for his campaign.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 4:30:56 PM
*Sorry for posting in wrong forum. Also, those aren't typos in the OP. It's my stupid Droid copy/paste feature. It likes to chop off letters.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 4:38:26 PM
At 8/11/2011 4:27:55 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

I replied in the Religion one, but I'll do it here too, as here is more appropriate.

I think that most likely, Romney, Bachmann, and HOPEFULLY Paul will come out in the top three. Paul has a good history with straw polls in the previous elections.

I agree. It's funny how Herman Cain was considered the winner of the first debate, but then flopped and was less hyper in the second debate. I'm really surprised at how fast Herman Cains momentum died. I expect he'll do mediocre once again.

I agree about "revving it up." Not only that, but Paul probably NEEDS to rev it up to have a shot at the nomination. Not to answer a question with a question, but what are your thoughts on Paul? I personally find him to be the most sensible candidate, above Obama as well--which is why I'm volunteering for his campaign.

My thoughts on Paul, well he's the only candidate who actually supports civil liberties, isn't a puppet of the global elites with secret allegiences to CFR and Bilderberg like all the others, and is the only one who has the right idea with regards to the economy. As Ron Paul has said many times, every single candidate besides himself is status quo. There will be no true changes when we keep putting in people who are all members of the same cabal. It's absurd to think anyone but Paul is going to shake things up.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 4:47:55 PM
At 8/11/2011 4:38:26 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 8/11/2011 4:27:55 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

I agree. It's funny how Herman Cain was considered the winner of the first debate, but then flopped and was less hyper in the second debate. I'm really surprised at how fast Herman Cains momentum died. I expect he'll do mediocre once again.

My thoughts on Paul, well he's the only candidate who actually supports civil liberties, isn't a puppet of the global elites with secret allegiences to CFR and Bilderberg like all the others, and is the only one who has the right idea with regards to the economy. As Ron Paul has said many times, every single candidate besides himself is status quo. There will be no true changes when we keep putting in people who are all members of the same cabal. It's absurd to think anyone but Paul is going to shake things up.

Precisely! He really is the only politician with not only honest intentions, but a good plan as well. I really think that he is our best hope in this election to recover our economy, and just our country in general--at least in the short term. I mean, after all, his popularity with people of all ages (I'm a minor, so that's why all I can do is volunteer) is just one indicator of how well of a candidate he is.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 4:53:53 PM
At 8/11/2011 4:51:03 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Where are Gary Johnson and Rick Perry?

The media decided to collectively forget that Gary Johnson exists, it seems, and Rick Perry hasn't officially announced the decision to run, so he isn't a candidate yet.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 5:42:21 PM
At 8/11/2011 4:53:53 PM, mongeese wrote:

The media decided to collectively forget that Gary Johnson exists, it seems, and Rick Perry hasn't officially announced the decision to run, so he isn't a candidate yet.

Johnson is definitely running. http://www.garyjohnson2012.com...
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 5:50:02 PM
At 8/11/2011 5:42:21 PM, wjmelements wrote:

Yes, he's running, but the mainstream media doesn't seem to care, which is a real shame.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 6:04:29 PM
At 8/11/2011 5:50:02 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 8/11/2011 5:42:21 PM, wjmelements wrote:

Yes, he's running, but the mainstream media doesn't seem to care, which is a real shame.

It was required to get at least 1% in a certain 5 major polls, which he didn't do.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 8:21:14 PM
LMAO.

Bachmann and Pawlenty going back and forth slamming eachother to their face.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 8:29:34 PM
Lol at Romney praising Cain.

And WTF is wrong with Gingrich trying to attack Chris Wallace instead of the candidates. Fail.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 8:33:33 PM
The Chris Wallace grilled almost everyone except Ron Paul in the round of questions attacking each candidates flaws and records.

Nice.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 8:34:54 PM
At 8/11/2011 8:33:33 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Chris Wallace grilled almost everyone except Ron Paul in the round of questions attacking each candidates flaws and records.

Nice.

Ron Paul has only got one question :(
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 8:40:23 PM
I think Paul and Romney should go head to head like Bachmann and Pawlenty did.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 8:45:01 PM
At 8/11/2011 8:34:54 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 8/11/2011 8:33:33 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Nice.

Ron Paul has only got one question :(

He got two so far. He also got more attention than Santorum, lol.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 8:58:20 PM
Santorum just slammed Paul pretty well and I actually agreed with Santorum on this one. It was about state's rights and Santorum slammed Paul's notion that the states can do whatever they want and impose "immoral laws."

That's the one thing I disagree with RP on and that's his view on state's rights.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 8:59:07 PM
Santorum misconstrued Ron Paul's statement on the 10th amendment. Then commercial break. Grrr.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 8:59:53 PM
At 8/11/2011 8:58:20 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Santorum just slammed Paul pretty well and I actually agreed with Santorum on this one. It was about state's rights and Santorum slammed Paul's notion that the states can do whatever they want and impose "immoral laws."

That's the one thing I disagree with RP on and that's his view on state's rights.

RP said they have legal right to, but that doesn't make it right.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 9:08:10 PM
At 8/11/2011 8:59:53 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 8/11/2011 8:58:20 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

RP said they have legal right to, but that doesn't make it right.

He did not get to answer. Sucks!
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 9:10:33 PM
At 8/11/2011 9:08:35 PM, comoncents wrote:
Newt is doing pretty well; I just wish he was more socially liberal.

All Newt is doing is attacking the moderators, lmao. He just now attacked the other moderator after earlier attacking Wallace.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 9:15:48 PM
At 8/11/2011 9:08:35 PM, comoncents wrote:
Newt is doing pretty well; I just wish he was more socially liberal.

Btw, Newt is a Freemason, a Bohemian Grove member, Bilderberger, NAFTA supporter, and Council on Foreign Relations member.

He has Illuminati written all over his face. He needs to GTFO.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 9:24:54 PM
Ron Paul destroyed Santorum on Foreign Policy. Got a mix of loud cheers and loud boos.

Next is Social Issues.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 9:25:53 PM
At 8/11/2011 9:24:56 PM, comoncents wrote:
Paul is getting beat up and some of his nervous energy comes off wrong.

False. He's being challenged a lot which gives him more talking time and more time to voice is unique stances on policy.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 9:28:19 PM
At 8/11/2011 9:25:53 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 8/11/2011 9:24:56 PM, comoncents wrote:
Paul is getting beat up and some of his nervous energy comes off wrong.

False. He's being challenged a lot which gives him more talking time and more time to voice is unique stances on policy.

You said false but did not acknowledge my claim on nervous energy.
He is getting beat up by constant on slot allotted to use Reductio ad absurdum. He is doing well in defense, but still comes off a little nervous...
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 9:30:13 PM
At 8/11/2011 9:24:54 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Ron Paul destroyed Santorum on Foreign Policy. Got a mix of loud cheers and loud boos.

Next is Social Issues.

Absolutely tore him apart, it was so amazing. "Excuse me." *shoots Santorum look of death* *Santorum shuts the hell up*

Neo-fascist imperialistic moron.