Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

Political Correctness in Entertainment Media

Joseph_Mengele
Posts: 388
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 11:24:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Now, I have noticed a deep and disturbing trend among our entertainment media, particularly with the movie industry, but none-the-less the entertainment media as well. There is an apparent and disgusting trend occurring in Hollywood to apply "political correctness" in movies and television programs. Is it perhaps that Hollywood mostly has a Zionist presence within it? I will leave that up to you, but I shall get more detailed with the "political correctness" that is occurring within our entertainment media for now.

Perhaps the strive for hiring an ever increasing amount of minorities in the movie industry and especially integrating them into certain film productions that historically didn't have any minorities has its roots in an affirmative action style program? Do they get a tax break if they hire more minorities just to fit a "status-que"? Apparently so, but I have noticed that since Hollywood currently makes the majority amount of video productions and Hollywood also has a large dominant Jewish presence within it, perhaps there is some Jewish Zionism that is to blame for this as well?

During the Civil Rights Movement, there were a lot of lawsuits for the advancement of African Americans. If you would take the time to notice, most of the lawyers that fought for the minorities were Jewish. A trend? No...It couldn't possibly be. That would be anti-Semitic, now you have to be isolated from society!! So perhaps given this relative and important information imperative to finding out the source for the political correctness that is expanding out of the entertainment media, there is reasonable suspicion to believe that there is Jewish influence with this.

Now what particularly offends me, and perhaps some of you here (But not the liberals of course!) is the fact of integrating minorities into pre-dominantly White culture or historically white notions of entertainment. One such example can be shown as Country music. There apparently is this desperate campaign to integrate Black people into Country music it will eventually destroy all the fabrics of the foundations of what once made Country music "Country".

Leaving music aside, there are several films which are all starting to cast minorities within their productions for some reason that I can't quite figure out yet. One of the films that recently came out was Conan the Barbarian. Conan the Barbarian was intended by Robert E. Howard (Conan's creator) to be a person (or a barbarian) that was born as a Cimmerian, and the Cimmerian's ethnically have been ascendants to Atlanteans. Atleanteans are White! Although Robert E. Howard never really specified what Conan the Barbarian's skin color really was, he did leave a lot of references to Conan's skin color being bronze, but that was only because of constant exposure to the sun! More evidence that Conan the Barbarian was intended to be a white barbarian was that a lot of highly credited authors who read his book all credited Conan the Barbarian to look Germanic-looking. So, why is is the current Conan the Barbarian film have Jason Momoa as its actor!? Jason Momoa isn't white, so he clearly shouldn't be "historically" (according to the book) allowed to play Conan the Barbarian. It doesn't make any logical sense. So why is there a black actor playing Conan the Barbarian? Political correctness.

Now another film that is quite rather old is the old Robin Hood film with Kevin Kostner. Kevin Kostner is white so that is effectively better than the situation than I listed above. But the problem lies when there is an African American actor (Morgan Freeman) playing a Muslim that "supposedly" were in large presence during the times of fictional Robin Hood time. If you look at the facts, the black population during the time that Robin Hood depicts in England was so low that there would be no reason to accurately depict it in a movie or represent it for that matter. So why is there an Black Muslim in Robin Hood? Political Correctness.

There is also an ongoing dispute on the Hobbit set with Tolkein's Lord of the Rings trilogy. Apparently Naz Humphrey (A Pakistani woman) tried to request a role as a hobbit. She claims that she is a vivid and "patriotic" Tolkein fan, but she forgot to study Tolkein's hobbits a bit more. You see, J.R.R. Tolkein wrote Middle Earth as depicting 14th century Europe. What is the dominant race in Europe? The white race. There is also more evidence than just that. Tolkein and his fellow people living in England during that time were avid pipe smokers. Ever hear of a black person and/or a large black population that smoked pipes? Perhaps Arabs, but Tolkein definitely didn't intend Hobbits to be Arabs, so that is out of the question, especially with the fact that he probably never saw any. So anyways, Naz Humphrey tried to "try out" to be a role for a hobbit but was turned down because her skin was too dark. She in return complains and the cast recruiter was fired. The cast recruiter was simply following what his conceptions told him about Hobbits skin color in Tolkein's books. Why was the cast recruiter fired? Political correctness.

Fortunately for the other Lord of the Rings movies, there were all White people in the main roles (there perhaps were some blacks playing orcs, but then again we wouldn't know anyways). But this can easily be reversed in the near future if the Lord of the Rings movies are ever to be re-done again since movies that are old get re-done from time to time.

I also want to talk about personal experience that I have had. There is this live entertainment complex that is known as "Medieval Times". It is supposed to give the audience a little warp and sense of time of what happened in the Renaissance era of Medieval warfare. I was really excited because I thought that this would be a very neat place to connect with people and look at relative events that could have possibly happened in 14th century Europe. But unfortunately, political correctness had beat me there to it, and I was forced to surrender all my forms of joy and happiness when stepping into the arena. There were 8 knights jousting and out of the 8 knights, 2 of them were Black. Was this a form of political correctness? Was this a way for Medieval Times to better connect with their African American support and audience? Should they just throw away the foundations of what 14th century Europe was all about just for money? Or perhaps did they get a tax break or some similar benefit?

Conclusion:

While there are definitely still films out there that are unaffected by political correctness, it will soon unfortunately consume the entire entertainment industry. Is there some Jewish sympathy for minorities? History has constantly shown again and again that there is. While the good Ole movies with Arnold as Conan the Barbarian will always be remembered, they will be frowned upon by upcoming generations of younger people who were disappointed with the lack of political correctness in the film industry at that time. Political correctness will effectively seek to undermine and eventually destroy European culture and values as we know it. There are already efforts to integrate blacks into more Renaissance music festivals and country music. This will destroy the very barriers that were meant to stay up so that you can recognize individual cultures without all the cultures being merged into one. Regardless of all the so called "reverse-racism activism" that minorities and liberals try to come up with to dissolve barriers there will always be some true and positive activism within the film industry. One director was Mel Gibson. He didn't have any minorities on his movie "Braveheart". The result of avoiding political correctness? The movie won 5 academy awards. I suggest in the future there are hopefully more movie projects that exclude minorities from film production involving White culture.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 6:27:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/18/2011 6:19:22 PM, seraine wrote:
At 8/17/2011 11:24:18 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
stuff

Ah!!!! It's charlesb Junior!

Actually, the fact that he made a "conclusion" section makes me want to request an IP cross check.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 6:31:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Actually, seeing movies like Avatar: the last airbender and 21, where they "white wash" the cast would seem to imply the opposite.

In these examples (like Avatar: the last airbender, they turned the main character from Eskimos to Whites, and in 21, they turned them from Asians to Whites), along with many others, we should be able to deduce that it is not a hollywood conspriacy, but just that certain directors, or companies prefer to do it a certain way.

Perhaps a movie, based off a book where the main character is suppose to be Asian, finds that a White person is just a better actor, so they go with the white actor, not intending to "white wash," and likewise, maybe they find that a Black man just happens to be the best guy for the job.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 6:33:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Except this dudes the anti-Charleslb. He's saying that political correctness is gone to far. Charleslb tries so hard to be politically correct, that i comes off as either a parody or so politically correct that it is politically incorrect.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 7:12:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/18/2011 6:33:42 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Except this dudes the anti-Charleslb. He's saying that political correctness is gone to far. Charleslb tries so hard to be politically correct, that i comes off as either a parody or so politically correct that it is politically incorrect.

http://www.google.com...

Sorry, that seems kinda mean to put that as a responce, but...
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 7:48:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm sure you were equally irate about Tuvok the black Vulcan...

Your Robin Hood example is bunk. In the beginning, Robin Hood is in a Middle Eastern prison, and then takes him back to England, where he sticks out like a sore thumb as the only negroid. But I do share your pain, to a point. I hate marketing. I would love to do bad things to every person involved in American marketing, with all the fake smiles, shallow cliche`s, repetitive jingles... It truly disgusts me. Anyway, there is a certain type of marketing strategy, popular among cell-phone companies for example, that tries to make their product look appealing to the masses. They ALWAYS have to make a mix of people. There is always a mix of men and women, with mongoloids, negroids, and caucazoids all happily covorting together with wide smiles on their faces. This strategy is also popular amongst training programs, to make their systems look universally appealing.
Rob
Joseph_Mengele
Posts: 388
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 8:02:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/18/2011 6:19:22 PM, seraine wrote:
At 8/17/2011 11:24:18 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
stuff

Ah!!!! It's charlesb Junior!

Why don't with you talk about the relative subject at hand instead of making childish commments that have no reference at all to the topic.
Joseph_Mengele
Posts: 388
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 8:05:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/18/2011 6:27:29 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/18/2011 6:19:22 PM, seraine wrote:
At 8/17/2011 11:24:18 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
stuff

Ah!!!! It's charlesb Junior!

Actually, the fact that he made a "conclusion" section makes me want to request an IP cross check.

Why don't you talk about the topic, instead of requesting "IP" checks to confirm that I'm not charleslb's double account. I don't even know who charleslb is. Someone named The Athiest Allegience said that in my "The Benefits of White Seperatism" thread that I was a "fascist charles".

Who is this charleslb that everyone constantly thinks I am?
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 8:13:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/18/2011 8:05:58 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
At 8/18/2011 6:27:29 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/18/2011 6:19:22 PM, seraine wrote:
At 8/17/2011 11:24:18 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
stuff

Ah!!!! It's charlesb Junior!

Actually, the fact that he made a "conclusion" section makes me want to request an IP cross check.

Why don't you talk about the topic, instead of requesting "IP" checks to confirm that I'm not charleslb's double account. I don't even know who charleslb is. Someone named The Athiest Allegience said that in my "The Benefits of White Seperatism" thread that I was a "fascist charles".

Who is this charleslb that everyone constantly thinks I am?

Well, first off, he always makes a comment just like this:

"Why don't with you talk about the relative subject at hand instead of making childish commments that have no reference at all to the topic."

It's a staple of his forums. He also makes huge posts with conclusion sections. You're a real chip off the charleslb block, man. I don't honestly think you are him, but you're going to have to bear the cross on this one...

He also uses very complicated language, and is a heavy communist.
Rob
Joseph_Mengele
Posts: 388
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 8:15:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/18/2011 8:13:47 PM, Lasagna wrote:
At 8/18/2011 8:05:58 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
At 8/18/2011 6:27:29 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/18/2011 6:19:22 PM, seraine wrote:
At 8/17/2011 11:24:18 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
stuff

Ah!!!! It's charlesb Junior!

Actually, the fact that he made a "conclusion" section makes me want to request an IP cross check.

Why don't you talk about the topic, instead of requesting "IP" checks to confirm that I'm not charleslb's double account. I don't even know who charleslb is. Someone named The Athiest Allegience said that in my "The Benefits of White Seperatism" thread that I was a "fascist charles".

Who is this charleslb that everyone constantly thinks I am?

Well, first off, he always makes a comment just like this:

"Why don't with you talk about the relative subject at hand instead of making childish commments that have no reference at all to the topic."

It's a staple of his forums. He also makes huge posts with conclusion sections. You're a real chip off the charleslb block, man. I don't honestly think you are him, but you're going to have to bear the cross on this one...

He also uses very complicated language, and is a heavy communist.

Well, did I use "complicated language" at all in my post? And did my post or my other previous post that I made in regards to White Seperatism sound like anything a "heavy" communist would say?
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 8:26:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/18/2011 8:15:23 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
Well, did I use "complicated language" at all in my post? And did my post or my other previous post that I made in regards to White Seperatism sound like anything a "heavy" communist would say?

No, but it has the same format and unnecessary length.

Nothing you can't find in a Stormfront pamphlet.
Joseph_Mengele
Posts: 388
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 9:29:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/18/2011 8:26:23 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 8/18/2011 8:15:23 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
Well, did I use "complicated language" at all in my post? And did my post or my other previous post that I made in regards to White Seperatism sound like anything a "heavy" communist would say?

No, but it has the same format and unnecessary length.

Nothing you can't find in a Stormfront pamphlet.

Aha! I actually noticed a significant difference between my posts and Charles' posts. Charleslb always has his conclusions in a separate post than his original introductory post which is almost always longer than his "conclusion".

With me, there are together in the same post.
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 10:27:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/18/2011 9:29:36 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
At 8/18/2011 8:26:23 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 8/18/2011 8:15:23 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
Well, did I use "complicated language" at all in my post? And did my post or my other previous post that I made in regards to White Seperatism sound like anything a "heavy" communist would say?

No, but it has the same format and unnecessary length.

Nothing you can't find in a Stormfront pamphlet.

Aha! I actually noticed a significant difference between my posts and Charles' posts. Charleslb always has his conclusions in a separate post than his original introductory post which is almost always longer than his "conclusion".

With me, there are together in the same post.

Yes, Joseph, you definitely have an edge on charles because your posts are a bit shorter and the language isn't as flagrant. Please keep in mind that conciseness is valued. Charles' big mistake was assuming that he had earned our time; if I want to read something excessively long then it's probably going to be professionally prepared, not some random blogger on a website. If your threads are bite-sized then they will stimulate more response and it is respectful of our time. Besides; you have unlimited capacity to continue writing within the thread (after some feedback) or create others if you'd like.
Rob
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 11:34:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/18/2011 9:29:36 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
At 8/18/2011 8:26:23 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 8/18/2011 8:15:23 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
Well, did I use "complicated language" at all in my post? And did my post or my other previous post that I made in regards to White Seperatism sound like anything a "heavy" communist would say?

No, but it has the same format and unnecessary length.

Nothing you can't find in a Stormfront pamphlet.

Aha! I actually noticed a significant difference between my posts and Charles' posts. Charleslb always has his conclusions in a separate post than his original introductory post which is almost always longer than his "conclusion".

With me, there are together in the same post.

I sure hadn't noticed that. You seem to have a good grasp of Chareslb's style.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 9:34:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/18/2011 8:05:58 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
At 8/18/2011 6:27:29 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/18/2011 6:19:22 PM, seraine wrote:
At 8/17/2011 11:24:18 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
stuff

Ah!!!! It's charlesb Junior!

Actually, the fact that he made a "conclusion" section makes me want to request an IP cross check.

Why don't you talk about the topic, instead of requesting "IP" checks to confirm that I'm not charleslb's double account. I don't even know who charleslb is. Someone named The Athiest Allegience said that in my "The Benefits of White Seperatism" thread that I was a "fascist charles".

Who is this charleslb that everyone constantly thinks I am?:

You're the exact opposite of Charles. He's a communist, you're a fascist. He jacks off to political correctness, you spit in its face. He loves black people and hates the white man, you hate black people and love the white man.

If you both were comic book characters, you both would be each others arch nemesis.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 9:47:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/19/2011 9:34:17 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 8/18/2011 8:05:58 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
At 8/18/2011 6:27:29 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/18/2011 6:19:22 PM, seraine wrote:
At 8/17/2011 11:24:18 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
stuff

Ah!!!! It's charlesb Junior!

Actually, the fact that he made a "conclusion" section makes me want to request an IP cross check.

Why don't you talk about the topic, instead of requesting "IP" checks to confirm that I'm not charleslb's double account. I don't even know who charleslb is. Someone named The Athiest Allegience said that in my "The Benefits of White Seperatism" thread that I was a "fascist charles".

Who is this charleslb that everyone constantly thinks I am?:

You're the exact opposite of Charles. He's a communist, you're a fascist. He jacks off to political correctness, you spit in its face. He loves black people and hates the white man, you hate black people and love the white man.

If you both were comic book characters, you both would be each others arch nemesis.

Here is Joseph and Charles, start at 1:00
Rob
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 10:21:21 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Okay, so some movies cast black people in roles where the characters were intended to be (or 'should' be) white. How is that different than say attractive people being cast in non-fiction movies to play people who were actually really ugly? Also - and this might seem shocking - but actors are, ya know, acting and there is always an element of imagination required in watching a film. Morgan Freeman may not be a Muslim, but I don't see why he cannot pretend to be a Muslim in a film, just as he might not actually be a black basketball player though I'm sure you wouldn't mind him pretending to be one of those. I just don't really see why anyone would care about this...
President of DDO
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 10:24:21 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/19/2011 10:21:21 AM, Danielle wrote:
Okay, so some movies cast black people in roles where the characters were intended to be (or 'should' be) white. How is that different than say attractive people being cast in non-fiction movies to play people who were actually really ugly? Also - and this might seem shocking - but actors are, ya know, acting and there is always an element of imagination required in watching a film. Morgan Freeman may not be a Muslim, but I don't see why he cannot pretend to be a Muslim in a film, just as he might not actually be a black basketball player though I'm sure you wouldn't mind him pretending to be one of those. I just don't really see why anyone would care about this...

Because entertainment must be accurate news?

Oh, I got confused; news is entertainment.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 10:32:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
If you wanna talk about political correctness in the media, I think the genre of Comedy needs to be addressed. Not too long ago Tracy Morgan did a stand-up routine where he made comments such as, "Gays need to quit being pu$sies and not be whining about something as insignificant as bullying." Of course this was RIGHT after all of those suicides happened as a result of homophobic bullying. He also said stuff like, "He better talk to me like a man and not in a gay voice or I'll pull out a knife and stab that little n1gger to death" (on the possibility of his son being gay).

Now did Tracy deserve the public backlash he got afterward, or should his seemingly inappropriate comments just be dismissed as distasteful humor? I'll admit that I found his comments offensive, but so what? Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle joke about race all the time. I'm sure some black people get offended by their remarks and blanket generalizations about race and stereotypes (of course their comments tend to be poking fun at social circumstances, whereas Morgan's seemed strictly hateful but I digress). Still, a lot of people apparently think it's funny, and wouldn't comedy take a turn for the worse if comedians had to start worrying about being PC? Definitely.
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 10:46:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/19/2011 10:21:21 AM, Danielle wrote:
Okay, so some movies cast black people in roles where the characters were intended to be (or 'should' be) white. How is that different than say attractive people being cast in non-fiction movies to play people who were actually really ugly? Also - and this might seem shocking - but actors are, ya know, acting and there is always an element of imagination required in watching a film. Morgan Freeman may not be a Muslim, but I don't see why he cannot pretend to be a Muslim in a film, just as he might not actually be a black basketball player though I'm sure you wouldn't mind him pretending to be one of those. I just don't really see why anyone would care about this...

Would it be okay for white people to pretend to be black people by smearing shoe polish all over their skin?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 10:46:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/18/2011 8:05:58 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
At 8/18/2011 6:27:29 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/18/2011 6:19:22 PM, seraine wrote:
At 8/17/2011 11:24:18 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
stuff

Ah!!!! It's charlesb Junior!

Actually, the fact that he made a "conclusion" section makes me want to request an IP cross check.

Why don't you talk about the topic, instead of requesting "IP" checks to confirm that I'm not charleslb's double account. I don't even know who charleslb is. Someone named The Athiest Allegience said that in my "The Benefits of White Seperatism" thread that I was a "fascist charles".

Who is this charleslb that everyone constantly thinks I am?

In case you didn't notice, I did address the topic.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 11:44:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/19/2011 10:46:13 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Would it be okay for white people to pretend to be black people by smearing shoe polish all over their skin?

http://i201.photobucket.com...
Rob
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 11:47:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/19/2011 11:44:16 AM, Lasagna wrote:
At 8/19/2011 10:46:13 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Would it be okay for white people to pretend to be black people by smearing shoe polish all over their skin?

http://i201.photobucket.com...

That doesn't actually answer the question. That merely shows that it has recently been done, not whether you believe it to be okay.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Joseph_Mengele
Posts: 388
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 11:19:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/19/2011 10:21:21 AM, Danielle wrote:
Okay, so some movies cast black people in roles where the characters were intended to be (or 'should' be) white. How is that different than say attractive people being cast in non-fiction movies to play people who were actually really ugly? Also - and this might seem shocking - but actors are, ya know, acting and there is always an element of imagination required in watching a film. Morgan Freeman may not be a Muslim, but I don't see why he cannot pretend to be a Muslim in a film, just as he might not actually be a black basketball player though I'm sure you wouldn't mind him pretending to be one of those. I just don't really see why anyone would care about this...

The point that I'm adressing is that Morgan Freeman had no place to be in the movie whether he was a Muslim or not.

Since Morgan Freeman is black, he shouldn't have a spot in the film what so ever. The black population during the time that Robin Hood was potraying had no repsentable black population during that time. It is for these reasons among others that I can only think of Morgan Freeman's presence in the film as associated with "racial" political correctness of some sort. And this is dead wrong.

The fact that is even more disturbing is the fact that he had a main role in the film and wasn't simply a character that had approx. 1-15 second film time.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 8:34:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Since Morgan Freeman is black, he shouldn't have a spot in the film what so ever. The black population during the time that Robin Hood was potraying had no repsentable black population during that time. It is for these reasons among others that I can only think of Morgan Freeman's presence in the film as associated with "racial" political correctness of some sort. And this is dead wrong.:

Um, the entirety of Robin Hood is a fictional legend which was later adapted on screen. That means it's fiction and isn't going for historical accuracy as much as it is for entertainment.

You're making a very petty argument. It would be one thing if Dave Chappelle played the role of Hitler in a movie, but Robin Hood isn't a historical event, so I see no problem with a black Muslim in the movie.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 8:43:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/19/2011 10:46:13 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Would it be okay for white people to pretend to be black people by smearing shoe polish all over their skin?

Absolutely. I was Lil Wayne for Halloween in 2008, and put brown paint all over my skin.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 8:52:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/19/2011 11:19:59 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
The point that I'm adressing is that Morgan Freeman had no place to be in the movie whether he was a Muslim or not.

Since Morgan Freeman is black, he shouldn't have a spot in the film what so ever.

So apparently you missed my point. In one of my favorite TV shows, an Indian woman plays a Latina. I don't expect casting to be based on an actor's legitimate origins or qualities, but whether or not they can play the role. Morgan Freeman is regarded as one of the best actors in the world, so why wouldn't he be able to play in the film? Movies are for ENTERTAINMENT purposes - not historical accuracy - and even if the film was accurate (as in a true representation of the times) it doesn't mean that the actors have to perfectly resemble the character they're playing. That's why it's called acting.

The black population during the time that Robin Hood was potraying had no repsentable black population during that time. It is for these reasons among others that I can only think of Morgan Freeman's presence in the film as associated with "racial" political correctness of some sort. And this is dead wrong.

It's good that you acknowledge that actors are cast for a variety of reasons. I think you are wrong about this one; do you have any evidence or is this just pure speculation on your part?

The fact that is even more disturbing is the fact that he had a main role in the film and wasn't simply a character that had approx. 1-15 second film time.

I don't think that matters at all whatsoever. I think you have some issues with race that you should come to terms with. Would it matter if a Christian played the part of a Jew in a film or vice versa? White people used to play back characters all the time; the most famous is probably Al Jolson in the movie "The Jazz Singer" (http://pointlessbanter.net...).
President of DDO
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 12:37:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
All rules regarding whether or not a person of a particular race has any role in a particular film break down in close proximity to Morgan Freeman.