Jump to topic:

Pretending Ron Paul doesn't exist

el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 9:15:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
ron paul is illuminati and ye're all gonna get raped. called it.
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2011 8:18:24 PM
At 8/20/2011 8:34:10 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Both hilarious and sad at the same time

Paul is appearing on The Daily Show sometime in mid September. It's going to boost his support like nothing else. Can't wait.
ApostateAbe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2011 8:32:27 PM
"Is the news media treating Ron Paul's presidential campaign unfairly?"

http://news.yahoo.com...

Ron Paul is not trying to get the nomination. Jon Stewart's statement, that Ron Paul is consistent with his principles, confirms that point. You can't win an election by being consistent with your principles, and you are even less likely to win it if your consistent principles have very little in common with the principles of the relevant voters. The news media covers the race, they prefer to focus on the winners, and Ron Paul's high mark in the Ames straw poll is like being in third place just ater the start of a boating race with a gaping hole in the keel. Ron Paul is on course to sink, long before the finish line, and he knows it.

That said, I hope he wins.
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2011 11:37:08 PM
At 8/21/2011 8:18:24 PM, jat93 wrote:

Paul is appearing on The Daily Show sometime in mid September. It's going to boost his support like nothing else. Can't wait.

Is he ever going to do something about his speaking style? He's probably the only candidate I would dream of voting for but his old man/ simplistic speaking style annoys me to no end.
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
dogsledracing
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2011 11:40:16 PM

Sad is more like it. The media controls the public because the public does nothing other than watch the evening news to educate themselves.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2011 11:53:10 PM
Last presidential election, I would have voted for him if he made it past the primaries.

The fact that Fox News ignores him just makes you want to vote for him even more, doesn't it?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2011 11:58:42 PM
At 8/21/2011 11:53:10 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Last presidential election, I would have voted for him if he made it past the primaries.

The fact that Fox News ignores him just makes you want to vote for him even more, doesn't it?

I thought the Illuminati has assassinated you?
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 12:02:37 AM
At 8/21/2011 11:58:42 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:
At 8/21/2011 11:53:10 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

I thought the Illuminati has assassinated you?

I rose from the dead 3 days later.

Give me all your money, and pray to my image for good luck. It's a way of life.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 3:21:36 AM
At 8/21/2011 8:32:27 PM, ApostateAbe wrote:

Ron Paul is not trying to get the nomination. Jon Stewart's statement, that Ron Paul is consistent with his principles, confirms that point. You can't win an election by being consistent with your principles, and you are even less likely to win it if your consistent principles have very little in common with the principles of the relevant voters. The news media covers the race, they prefer to focus on the winners, and Ron Paul's high mark in the Ames straw poll is like being in third place just ater the start of a boating race with a gaping hole in the keel. Ron Paul is on course to sink, long before the finish line, and he knows it.

Very very true. For this reason the republicans will most end up with Mitt, and that's just sad. This is why i hate political parties and believe they are the force that creates a corrupting influence to a politician's principles. At some point we create a populist, which is just a wind sock for a leader.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 4:01:29 AM
At 8/20/2011 9:15:16 PM, el-badgero wrote:
ron paul is illuminati

False. Ron Paul is anti-Illuminati.

"I suspect they're moving in the direction of a New World Order and I hear and I've heard Obama recently use that term again. They got to have a New World Order and they've been working on that for a long time. And I'm sure they're not worried all that much about a crisis coming and they might look at it as an opportunity for promoting their cause and that's what we should be concerned about."
-- Ron Paul
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 11:00:39 AM
At 8/22/2011 5:11:38 AM, Kinesis wrote:
That quote is nowhere on the internet.

Except on another message board that Geo put it on.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 11:07:08 AM
I do think that it is comical that John Stuwart thinks the media is completely ignoring Ron Paul, but he isn't going to have him on his show for another month.

Huckabee has made addresses as to why Ron Paul isn't viewed as a real contender. While I don't care for Huckabee's thinking capabilities, I haven't heard his explination addressed before.

All the people that would vote for Ron are already backing him. Meaning as other candidates are dropping from the race, all their supporters are going to go to someone other than Ron. He now has something like 9% according to RCP and has remained fairly flat lined. While 9% in a field of 8 isn't that bad, when the field dwindles down to 3, he'll still have only 9%.

We can see that as candidates make splashes (damned media buzzword getting into my head) and dry up, support for them moves around, but Paul doesn't see any real flux in his support. None of his supporters leave him for the fresh new face, and no supporters join him when that new face gets old.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 12:10:38 PM

That's because I was the first and only person to record it. He said it in an Alex Jones interview, go look it up.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 12:34:45 PM
At 8/22/2011 12:10:38 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

That's because I was the first and only person to record it. He said it in an Alex Jones interview, go look it up.

Can you provide more direction than "in an Alex Jones interview," like a link to the video and a time stamp? Really, by any stretch of logic, it isn't on us to provide your sources.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 12:41:40 PM
At 8/22/2011 12:10:38 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

I think you should look it up since you're apparently the first and only person to ever record it... Maybe you were the first and only person ever to hear it? I wouldn't know where to look. Appease us.

In any case, Kinesis is totally right: it's ambiguous at best.

Anyhow I <3 J.S. and going on his show will be awesome for Paul.
President of DDO
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 12:49:13 PM
I'm on my iPod touch. I really can't go on YouTube right now and start rumaging through videos to find that part of the video, plus I can't post links with my iPod touch.

Anyways, I find it peculiar that you guys would doubt that Ron Paul said that given his views and image of being the conspiracy theorists champion. Is it really that hard to believe? I shouldn't have to go to great lengths to provide evidence to a rather mundane and expected quote from Ron Paul. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. This ain't extraordinary. It's quite ordinary.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 12:58:43 PM

Hos is Ron Paul not trying to win? He has decided not to run for congress to focus all his efforts on the Presidential race. Maybe he won't win but that is a separate matter from him trying to win.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 1:23:20 PM
At 8/22/2011 12:58:43 PM, BennyW wrote:

Hos is Ron Paul not trying to win? He has decided not to run for congress to focus all his efforts on the Presidential race. Maybe he won't win but that is a separate matter from him trying to win.

He's not trying to "win" he's trying to make a point and get a view across.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 4:49:59 PM
Anyways, I find it peculiar that you guys would doubt that Ron Paul said that given his views and image of being the conspiracy theorists champion. Is it really that hard to believe? I shouldn't have to go to great lengths to provide evidence to a rather mundane and expected quote from Ron Paul. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. This ain't extraordinary. It's quite ordinary.:

The New World Order that Ron Paul loosely mentions is a euphamism that is vastly different than that of what Alex Jones' espouses. Ron Paul is talking about people who are endemic towards following the status quo. He's not talking about a cabal of shadowy leaders bent on world domination.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 3:55:46 AM
Oh now I see. You guys are talking about the old guy who is the republican version of Kucinich, only isn't really a republican.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 10:13:05 AM
At 8/22/2011 4:49:59 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Anyways, I find it peculiar that you guys would doubt that Ron Paul said that given his views and image of being the conspiracy theorists champion. Is it really that hard to believe? I shouldn't have to go to great lengths to provide evidence to a rather mundane and expected quote from Ron Paul. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. This ain't extraordinary. It's quite ordinary.:

The New World Order that Ron Paul loosely mentions is a euphamism that is vastly different than that of what Alex Jones' espouses. Ron Paul is talking about people who are endemic towards following the status quo. He's not talking about a cabal of shadowy leaders bent on world domination.

you hope.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 9:44:58 AM
The Ames straw poll is not a random sample of Republicans, it's a measure of the people who take the trouble to travel to Ames to vote. Ron Paul's supporters are the most fervent, so they show up. In polls of all likely Republican voters, he is in single digits. That's why most pundits believe he can't win the nomination.

Paul appears frequently on Fox News, ad even more often on Fox Business. Fox has a libertarian contingent, including Stossel and Napolitano, who are eager to cite him, although mainly on fiscal issues. Hannity has Ron Paul on frequently.

I think Paul is rarely pressed on hard issues. For example, Paul seems perfectly willing to let Iran and North Korea have nuclear weapons, saying that it's none of our business. He said we should have let Saddam have nukes, poison gas, and biological weapons -- no need to worry until they are used against us. Does he believe in a free market for nuclear arms? If not, what should the US do about it? There are about 40 countries that are capable of building nukes. Does he worry about proliferation if the US steps out of the picture? I think he is pitched only high level questions where he can give ideological theory as an answer, without any follow up.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 9:50:42 AM
At 8/24/2011 9:44:58 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
The Ames straw poll is not a random sample of Republicans, it's a measure of the people who take the trouble to travel to Ames to vote. Ron Paul's supporters are the most fervent, so they show up. In polls of all likely Republican voters, he is in single digits. That's why most pundits believe he can't win the nomination.

Paul appears frequently on Fox News, ad even more often on Fox Business. Fox has a libertarian contingent, including Stossel and Napolitano, who are eager to cite him, although mainly on fiscal issues. Hannity has Ron Paul on frequently.

I think Paul is rarely pressed on hard issues. For example, Paul seems perfectly willing to let Iran and North Korea have nuclear weapons, saying that it's none of our business. He said we should have let Saddam have nukes, poison gas, and biological weapons -- no need to worry until they are used against us. Does he believe in a free market for nuclear arms? If not, what should the US do about it? There are about 40 countries that are capable of building nukes. Does he worry about proliferation if the US steps out of the picture? I think he is pitched only high level questions where he can give ideological theory as an answer, without any follow up.

Even If you do disagree with his policies, the fact that he hardly got mentioned is quite ridiculous. He should get his fair time. Fox Business news is not accessed as frequently as Fox News.

Also, do you think it's possible that perhaps the corporate media doesn't want Ron Paul to win? After all, just imagine how hard it would be for rent-seekers to occur If Ron Paul gets int officer. The best way to make sure Ron Paul doesn't win is not to mention him.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
seraine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 10:44:31 AM
At 8/24/2011 9:44:58 AM, RoyLatham wrote:

I think Paul is rarely pressed on hard issues. For example, Paul seems perfectly willing to let Iran and North Korea have nuclear weapons, saying that it's none of our business.

If Iran used a nuke on us, we could turn their entire country into glass. If you are retarded enough to use a nuke enough on the US you are so screwed it's not even funny.

He said we should have let Saddam have nukes, poison gas, and biological weapons -- no need to worry until they are used against us. Does he believe in a free market for nuclear arms? If not, what should the US do about it? There are about 40 countries that are capable of building nukes. Does he worry about proliferation if the US steps out of the picture? I think he is pitched only high level questions where he can give ideological theory as an answer, without any follow up.

See above.
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 3:02:19 PM
At 8/25/2011 2:56:15 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Bill O'Reilly offered him an interview and so far he has refused, maybe he doesn't want alot of media appearances.

Or maybe he knows O'reilly will just misquote him and not give him an opportunity to defend himself.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike