Jump to topic:

Obama's vacation...

comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 9:29:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Does anyone here really care that our president is on vacation?
I don't get it. The man works hard, and should go on vacation from time to time. People criticize the timing, but come on, that is ridiculous. This trip was planned and congress is out; by the way, he is working while on vacation, just not really hard. I think I remember reading Reagan going on vacation for 50 weeks out of 8 years. That is almost a full year out of his 8 years in office, on vacation. How many times did Bush go on vacation, and at the worst times. This is comical. People should just relax and be quite about his vacation.

Thoughts...
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 9:32:42 PM
At 8/20/2011 9:29:37 PM, comoncents wrote:
Does anyone here really care that our president is on vacation?
I don't get it. The man works hard, and should go on vacation from time to time. People criticize the timing, but come on, that is ridiculous. This trip was planned and congress is out; by the way, he is working while on vacation, just not really hard. I think I remember reading Reagan going on vacation for 50 weeks out of 8 years. That is almost a full year out of his 8 years in office, on vacation. How many times did Bush go on vacation, and at the worst times. This is comical. People should just relax and be quite about his vacation.

Thoughts...

I agree. The mind is a powerful but fragile thing. And being in a position of power calls for probably even more vacation time than one would normally think.

Of course, I'm not saying I support his ideology/campaign, but I DO agree that going on vacation is a petty criticism.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
kohai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 9:42:07 PM
Agreed. He's a busy man and needs relaxation time. Bush took ,ore vacation days than any other pres
1) Whatever has contradictory attributes does not exist.
2) The Biblical God has contradictory attributes.
3) Therefore, the Biblical God does not exist
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 9:43:34 PM
ditto. We forget that the president is still human. That job makes people age twice as fast.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 9:46:01 PM
On top of my previous comment, I' also like to add that not only the job, but the very IDEA of the job is mentally stressful. If I knew that I was basically the head o an entire country, and a superpower at that, I'd need a vacation just from that very thought.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 9:54:56 PM
Well, damn; I did not expect everyone here to be this smart!

(just joking.)
I am surprised that a lot of people agree. I have spoken with a lot of people (simple minded) that are sooo upset with his actions.

Nice to know that not everyone is a crazy person!
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2011 11:02:39 AM
I go on vacation for an average of 4 days a year. F*ck the president!
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2011 12:11:45 PM
At 8/21/2011 11:58:45 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
I don't know why everybody is b*tching that Obama is taking a vacation, bush spent like 85% of his term on his ranch.

Little different than the Blue Heron Estate on Martha's Vinyard at $50K a week, with unemployment at 9.2%. Tin ear.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2011 2:45:27 PM
At 8/21/2011 11:58:45 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
I don't know why everybody is b*tching that Obama is taking a vacation, bush spent like 85% of his term on his ranch.

While I agree that it is no big deal, I do understand that the Bush Obama situation is a little different. I do side with your sentiment though, and it is good for him to take holiday. I care for our President and do not want to see anyone kill themselves with work. People that work hard stressful jobs realize that time off is beneficial to health. Everyone knows that a President works while on vacation. I can promise you that he is not completely taking off of work.

Is his job stressful? Yes
Does he work hard? Yes

He deserves a vacation.