Jump to topic:

Conspiracy Theories

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 5:24:57 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
So, which conspiracy theories do personally find to be most credible or even those which you adamantly believe in and why?

Then start arguing about it, like I know you will.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 5:54:41 AM
9-11 was partially an inside job.

Al-Gore was the elected President of the USA.

Weebles do claim to wobble, but the masons ensure they do not fall down.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 6:29:24 AM
At 8/24/2011 5:54:41 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

so.. what happened cerebral?

were there Fake ballots?.. or were the Supreme court in on it and simply gave it to Bush w/o legitimate legal justification?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 6:30:24 AM
I can't think of a single credible conspiracy theory.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 7:46:47 AM
At 8/24/2011 6:29:24 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 8/24/2011 5:54:41 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

so.. what happened cerebral?

were there Fake ballots?.. or were the Supreme court in on it and simply gave it to Bush w/o legitimate legal justification?

The circumstances of the ballot are old news. They went with the flow, as Al-Gore refused to contest it what was the point?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
heart_of_the_matter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 10:11:42 AM
I think that people using the term "conspiracy" are using an "ad hominem" logical fallacy many times, and often using that term to villify or malign the opposing point of view ---even before serious discussion of the facts and ideas are presented! It is such a powerful way to discredit something (whether it is true or not) that it sometimes seem to have the effect of closing people's minds to even the possiblity that what is being discussed may be true...the burden of proof from the time that word is used increases greatly in many people's point of view.

A good example in my opinion is 9/11 ---I mean the REAL conspiracy is the "OFFICIAL STORY"!
1.---many people bring up lots of inconsistencies in the official story which should be considered by an honest person seeking to know what actually happened...
2. But here is the real kicker--- when you have even the 9/11 commission ITSELF admitting that they lied--- then logically how can the offical story be the most accurate explanation?
---how can the masses believe the very organization that is ADMITTING that they are lying??

It is a strange effect for sure, but so why they do it?, I believe, is due to the devastating power of the idea of "conspiracy" with all it's implications. (ie political correctness, social rejection, etc..)

The masses don't want to think about it...they buy the first story that comes out that the mainstream media embraces and they believe the mainstream media spin no matter if they have looked into it themselves or not... (the masses do ---of course many individuals believe based on their own research)

so yeah...9/11 is one

globalism/ NWO seems very plausible to me to... doesn't really seem like a conspiracy theory too much though... I mean there are lots of concrete things to look at: formation of the European union (and African union)...the IMF/ World Bank, bankrupting of many nations: ie Iceland, Italy, Portugal, Greece, USA, etc...the FEd, the many wars (used to eliminate leaders who aren't cooperating with them)
implementation of Homeland security, TSA
the only conspiracy seems to be in connecting the dots and finding who is profitting the most from people be...

JFK - again linked to the whole globalism thing...he wanted to end the Fed....so did Ronald Reagan - when he was shot...also Andrew Jackson ...etc...(basically ALL the presidents who have been shot!)...

so those are some of the ones I've looked at a little bit and it seems like the mainstream view of things doesn't match up with my point of view on those...
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 11:42:11 AM
Hmmm...there are several conspiracy theories that I love to read about and debunk...though some of them might seem plausible on a first glance, they appear fallacious in closer scrutiny:

The Apollo Moon Landing Conspiracy: the claim that elements and parts of the famous moon landing were staged by NASA and by officials as well...which has been heavily refuted through examinations of photographs and the hoax clams and especially by current evidence.

Question of the Authorship of Shakespeare: Numerous writers, ranging from Sir Francis Bacon to the young Christopher Marlowe have been proposed as the man behind the alleged pseudonym 'William Shakespeare'. While the theories might seem plausible, they are often too farfetched and based on circumstantial evidence to be considered valid. For example, certain historians contend that, instead of Marlowe's body being buried, the body of John Perry, who was hanged two miles from Deptford, might have been buried instead...This is an interesting proposal, but I find it mere speculation.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 12:40:03 PM
There's not "multiple" conspiracy theories, there's one: The Illuminati conspiracy.

All the other "conspiracies" like 9/11, Kennedy, Holocaust, Great Depression, WWII, WACO, the Constitution Con, origin of oppressive religion, ancient astronaut visitation, the fall of Atlantis, child molesting politicians, global blood sacrifice ritual, the bailout, the current economic collapse, and the mainstream media mass manipulation are all the works of the Illuminati.

The other "theories" like the fake moonlanding, 2012 doomsday, New Age conspiracy, Biblical apacolypse/end times, are all bullsh!t pandered by misinformed people.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 12:56:33 PM
First of all heart_of_the_matter has a point, Conspiracy theory is a way to dismiss an idea with out actually having to hear the other side. In fat there have been conspiracy theories sine proven right, the mafia used to be considered a conspiracy theory.

On that note apparently not believing Al Gore's version of global warming makes you a conspiracy theorist so I am a proud humans did not create global warming conspiracy theorist.
I do believe there were things about 9/11 that don't make sense but will not jump to the conclusion as to what actually happened. My biggest problem is how they got cellphone reception on an airplane.
I don't know what to believe in regard to Obama's birth certificate however based on some things I have heard recently, it may be a moot point considering his father wasn't an American citizen and many people are now claiming that duel citizenship is not allowed the same issues effected Chester Arthur.
Also, it is entirely possible we haven't gotten the whole story in regards to Osama bin Laden, especially considering they kept changing the story and that they so quickly got rid of the body with out documenting it.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 1:00:25 PM
Is the Military Industrial complex considered a conspiracy theory? If so I believe that too, were Eisenhower and Smedley Butler conspiracy theorists?
Also, I have one that I came up with on my own that I haven't heard anyone else claim that has to do with the death of Larry M
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 1:04:44 PM
The 9-11 government conspiracy is, in fact, a government conspiracy.

I know this is true because I have a MASSIVE CLUE!
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 2:01:13 PM
At 8/24/2011 1:04:44 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
The 9-11 government conspiracy is, in fact, a government conspiracy.

I know this is true because I have a MASSIVE CLUE!

)

I agree about 9/11. too much evidence points to it being done by our own powerhouses.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 2:07:40 PM
At 8/24/2011 1:00:25 PM, BennyW wrote:
Is the Military Industrial complex considered a conspiracy theory? If so I believe that too, were Eisenhower and Smedley Butler conspiracy theorists?
Also, I have one that I came up with on my own that I haven't heard anyone else claim that has to do with the death of Larry McDonald

Fixed
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 11:39:15 PM
At 8/24/2011 12:56:33 PM, BennyW wrote:
I do believe there were things about 9/11 that don't make sense but will not jump to the conclusion as to what actually happened. My biggest problem is how they got cellphone reception on an airplane.

The calls were frequently dropped and interrupted. They barely worked and were unreliable. You should watch the Democracy Now debate on 9/11 on youtube. Search "Popular Mechanics vs Loose Change".
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 1:28:25 AM
At 8/24/2011 12:40:03 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
There's not "multiple" conspiracy theories, there's one: The Illuminati conspiracy.

All the other "conspiracies" like 9/11, Kennedy, Holocaust, Great Depression, WWII, WACO, the Constitution Con, origin of oppressive religion, ancient astronaut visitation, the fall of Atlantis, child molesting politicians, global blood sacrifice ritual, the bailout, the current economic collapse, and the mainstream media mass manipulation are all the works of the Illuminati.

The other "theories" like the fake moonlanding, 2012 doomsday, New Age conspiracy, Biblical apacolypse/end times, are all bullsh!t pandered by misinformed people.

It's like...meta-conspiracy.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 1:55:26 AM
At 8/24/2011 12:40:03 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

I knew I could count on you.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 2:01:18 AM
I believe that all the conspiracy theories are themselves part of a conspiracy by the powers that be.

The conspiracy is that by having so many conspiracy theories ranted on and on by nutjobs, when an actual true conspiracy comes to the surface its is merely looked upon as another rant by another nutjob and gets lost among amaze of other conspiracy theories.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 2:39:01 AM
I hate conspiracy theorists and i love debating them =P But here are my top ones I hate to see (and love to debunk)

1) 9/11 was an inside job
2) Kennedy was assassinated by someone(s) other than Lee Harvey Oswald
3) God Exists
4) There is a giant city under the Denver airport
5) The Philadelphia Experiments recount an actual event.
6) Jesus was actually the son of God (if God existed).
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 6:28:38 AM
At 8/25/2011 2:39:01 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
I hate conspiracy theorists and i love debating them =P But here are my top ones I hate to see (and love to debunk)

1) 9/11 was an inside job

It is actually far easier to believe than the official story, otherwise we would have to believe that Bush, the secret service, the terrorists and the airforce were all utterly retarded. Oh no wait.

2) Kennedy was assassinated by someone(s) other than Lee Harvey Oswald

Lee Harvey Oswald could not have physically killed him without raping reality.

3) God Exists

Well yea.

4) There is a giant city under the Denver airport

The mole men.

5) The Philadelphia Experiments recount an actual event.

(snigger)

6) Jesus was actually the son of God (if God existed).

Yea well thats pretty much self-refuting.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 6:57:41 AM
I suspect that none of you actually exist and I live in a computer generated reality created by people from the future. Does that count as a conspiracy theory?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 7:00:35 AM
At 8/25/2011 6:57:41 AM, Kinesis wrote:
I suspect that none of you actually exist and I live in a computer generated reality created by people from the future. Does that count as a conspiracy theory?

Yes.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 7:08:36 AM
At 8/25/2011 7:00:35 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 8/25/2011 6:57:41 AM, Kinesis wrote:

Yes.

Darn.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 7:18:20 AM
I suppose we can also entertain the notion that NASA faked the Apollo moon landing with the sponsorship of Walt Disney as well, as a conspiracy theory.

And then there's the notorious 'Paul is dead' rumor, a jolly and fun theory involving subliminal messages in the Beatles' songs, some use of color symbolism in the covers, and so on.

But then again, there are even more bizarre conspiracy theories that I recently discovered:

1. The Freemasons were Jack the Ripper and control several aspects of culture
2. The Roswell incident was an actual UFO landing.
3. Area 51 exists.
4. The Egyptian eye of Horus hovers over the pyramid on the back of the American one dollar bill.
5. Chemtrails left by airplanes contain chemicals and biological agents.

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 7:22:02 AM
At 8/25/2011 7:18:20 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
I suppose we can also entertain the notion that NASA faked the Apollo moon landing with the sponsorship of Walt Disney as well, as a conspiracy theory.

And then there's the notorious 'Paul is dead' rumor, a jolly and fun theory involving subliminal messages in the Beatles' songs, some use of color symbolism in the covers, and so on.

But then again, there are even more bizarre conspiracy theories that I recently discovered:

1. The Freemasons were involved in the Jack the Ripper murders and control several aspects of culture
3. Area 51 exists.
4. The Egyptian eye of Horus hovers over the pyramid on the back of the American one dollar bill.

Fixed.

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 7:22:16 AM
At 8/25/2011 7:18:20 AM, Man-is-good wrote:

1. The Freemasons were Jack the Ripper and control several aspects of culture

That is not actually that bizarre.

No but neither was it a weather balloon.

3. Area 51 exists.

It does...

Erm... it does...

Well yea thats rubbish.