Jump to topic:

Bachmann

seraine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 10:15:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am having the Ron Paul vs Michelle Bachmann debate, but I don't really know much about Bachmann's record. All I can think of is that she has little to nothing on the economy, and she mainly rants about social issues, and that she is interventionist. Can you help me out here?
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 2:16:20 PM
The main difference is their view of foreign policy and Bachmann stresses social issues and that the government should rule against sin. Her and Ron Paul actually have very similar views of the economy. Bachmann has a habit of getting facts wrong as well.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 2:21:39 PM
Bachmann is such a joke. She can't realistically be the president of the United States. This is the first video that pops up when you do a google search.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 10:09:51 PM
Strong religious beliefs have no observable effect on the policies or effectiveness of presidents. One of the most religious presidents of the 20th century believed he was the personal representative of God on earth. He regularly led the nation in prayer for the defeat of American enemies. That was FDR. Jimmy Carter was an evangelical Baptist who banned booze from the White House. Nixon was a Quaker. Obama was a long time member of Rev. Wright's church, in which Black Liberation Theology was preached.

So what did any of these religious beliefs mean in terms of policies? Virtually nothing. Religion can be rationalized with a great variety of ideological beliefs.

What's important is ideology, not religion. Ron Paul is religious. Does anyone care? I don't. Nor do I care about Obama's religion or any of the others'. The President s very little impact on social issues. The coming election is all about the economy. We should focus on that.
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 5:35:20 AM
Roy, who do you want to win the GOP nomination?
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 6:24:41 AM
At 8/24/2011 7:51:15 PM, wjmelements wrote:

She thinks submission means respect.
Has Obama yet visited the remaining one state out of 58?
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 9:09:41 AM
At 8/25/2011 5:35:20 AM, Tim_Spin wrote:

I haven't decided. I'd take any of the GOP candidates over Obama. I like Gingrich because he is a policy wonk, but he isn't going to win the nomination. I like Giuliani, because he is a proven tough administrator, but he doesn't seem to be running. Romney or Perry would certainly do.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 9:12:37 AM
Roy, you are an admirable guy. But I am surprised by your choices in politicians especially these GOP candidates. I have a suggestion. How about voting for none of the above, because they are all the same. And unless you understand the core agenda of both parties, then you are clueless as a blind Man with shades.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 1:53:15 PM
At 8/25/2011 9:09:41 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
At 8/25/2011 5:35:20 AM, Tim_Spin wrote:

I haven't decided. I'd take any of the GOP candidates over Obama. I like Gingrich because he is a policy wonk,

Gingrish is a Freemason, Council on Foriegn Relations member, Bohemian Grove member, Patriot Act supporter, and believes in global enslavement and the Federal Reserve.

So that's who you support? Real nice.

I like Giuliani, because he is a proven tough administrator,

Giuliani is a Freemason, Council on Foriegn Relations member, pays homage to globalist Rockefeller, NAFTA supporter, Patriot Act supporter, and believes in enslaving the entire world and the Federal Reserve.

Romney

Romney is a Council on Foreign Relations member, a Mormon (religion founded by Freemason and worship in Masonic temples), a supporter of government healthcare mandates, supports the Patriot Act, administered by someone in the NAU taskforce, and believes in global enslavement of the human race and the Federal Reserve system.

or Perry would certainly do.

Rick Perry is a Bilderberg member, former campaign manager for Al Gore, once used an executive order to force inocculations on little girls, supports the Patriot Act, NAFTA supporter, and believes in global enslavement and the Federal Reserve.

The above is all FACT.

Hey Roy, I think it's time to reevaluate your choices for President. You are voting for your own concentration camp warden if you don't vote Ron Paul.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat