Jump to topic:

Vote Republican or suffer my wrath - God

brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 5:07:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
So, God has declared His support for the Republicans and his disapproval of the Democrats by sending an earthquake and a hurricane to the East Coast of America.

God's self-appointed spokesperson on Earth, the Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachman, said: "I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians. We've had an earthquake; we've had a hurricane. He said, ‘Are you going to start listening to me here?"

Never mind the poor and needy, according to Bachman, God wants to reign in public spending, presumably to pave the way for tax cuts for the rich.

http://www.google.com...
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 10:20:55 AM
The people I live with think like this.

Surprisingly though, even though they are fundamentalist Christians, they are more democrat leaning than republican leaning.

They were really freaking out when all those birds were falling from the sky, and all those dead fish were washing ashore.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 10:39:54 AM
At 8/30/2011 5:07:06 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
So, God has declared His support for the Republicans and his disapproval of the Democrats by sending an earthquake and a hurricane to the East Coast of America.

But... Liberals are on the west coast... so... I guess that means he either missed, or was aiming for someone other than liberals...

God's self-appointed spokesperson on Earth, the Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachman, said: "I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians. We've had an earthquake; we've had a hurricane. He said, ‘Are you going to start listening to me here?"

Never mind the poor and needy, according to Bachman, God wants to reign in public spending, presumably to pave the way for tax cuts for the rich.

I want to know how much money God is paying in taxes. Last I checked, most of his organizations were tax exempt. I'd like to see the IRS investigate God (that would be an epic headline).

http://www.google.com...
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 11:25:37 AM
At 8/30/2011 10:39:54 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I want to know how much money God is paying in taxes. Last I checked, most of his organizations were tax exempt. I'd like to see the IRS investigate God (that would be an epic headline).

It's a good topic for a debate.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 11:35:40 AM
I thought you were British
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 11:37:46 AM
Serious politicians still spout this sh1t?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 11:48:57 AM
At 8/30/2011 11:37:46 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

I'm not sure if it is sader that this stuff is being spouted, or that millions of people eat it up.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 11:51:01 AM
At 8/30/2011 11:35:40 AM, 000ike wrote:

Reporting on the consistent lunacy of American politics sometimes amuses us continentals.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 11:52:44 AM
At 8/30/2011 11:48:57 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

I'm not sure if it is sader that this stuff is being spouted, or that millions of people eat it up.

I'd expect this sort of crap in the Congo, but not a 1st world country.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 11:53:18 AM
At 8/30/2011 11:51:01 AM, Kinesis wrote:
At 8/30/2011 11:35:40 AM, 000ike wrote:

Reporting on the consistent lunacy of American politics sometimes amuses us continentals.

I thought you were British?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 11:54:54 AM
At 8/30/2011 11:52:44 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

http://cheezburger.com...
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 12:01:05 PM
At 8/30/2011 11:54:54 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/30/2011 11:52:44 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

http://cheezburger.com...

He-he! Nice one!

By the way, her PR people have now said she was only joking.

Only joking? A politician joking about natural disasters that caused widespread destruction and cost a number of people their lives.

I bet she does a nice line in 9/11 gags!
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 12:04:32 PM
I've heard that British politics has been held up to a very high caliber, unlike that of America....Perhaps this is another way for the British to laugh at us poor American fools?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 12:07:15 PM
At 8/30/2011 12:04:32 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I've heard that British politics has been held up to a very high caliber, unlike that of America....Perhaps this is another way for the British to laugh at us poor American fools?

We're still number one, and we still kicked Brit butt in 2 wars. :p
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 12:23:41 PM
At 8/30/2011 12:07:15 PM, 000ike wrote:

Oh no! My history teacher told us that it was us that won and the Germans that lost and the Americans and some other allies helped us.

Now I discover that, in actual fact, the Americans were fighting with the Germans and that we lost.

I didn't realise I was living under the yoke of Nazi oppression, but it would explain a lot of the current Tory-led British government's policies!
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 12:27:13 PM
At 8/30/2011 12:23:41 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:

Oh no! My history teacher told us that it was us that won and the Germans that lost and the Americans and some other allies helped us.

Now I discover that, in actual fact, the Americans were fighting with the Germans and that we lost.

I didn't realise I was living under the yoke of Nazi oppression, but it would explain a lot of the current Tory-led British government's policies!

huh?
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 12:28:42 PM
At 8/30/2011 12:27:13 PM, 000ike wrote:

huh?

He thinks you're talking about WW2. I'm pretty sure you're talking about the American War for Independence and the War of 1812 though. Am I right?
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 12:29:52 PM

That sounds more like WWII. Ike was referring to the American Revolution and the War of 1812...

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 12:32:24 PM
At 8/30/2011 12:29:52 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

That sounds more like WWII. Ike was most likely referring to the American Revolution and the War of 1812...

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 12:34:35 PM
At 8/30/2011 12:28:42 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:
At 8/30/2011 12:27:13 PM, 000ike wrote:

huh?

He thinks you're talking about WW2. I'm pretty sure you're talking about the American War for Independence and the War of 1812 though. Am I right?

The war of 1812? The one where we invaded Canada to claim it as our own, and were repelled every time, until the Bristish decided to burn down our capital (after their war with France ended, they focused on us). Nearly all of our "victories" were against native american forces (yeah, go us!) and by the end of the war, we basically traded what we took in exchange for what we lost.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 12:40:30 PM
At 8/30/2011 12:34:35 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

The war of 1812? The one where we invaded Canada to claim it as our own, and were repelled every time, until the Bristish decided to burn down our capital (after their war with France ended, they focused on us). Nearly all of our "victories" were against native american forces (yeah, go us!) and by the end of the war, we basically traded what we took in exchange for what we lost.

@Tim_Spin: yes you are right, those are the wars I was talking about, not WW2.

@Ore_Ele: America can be good or bad depending on what you decide to ignore. That's my only response to that.
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 12:41:34 PM
At 8/30/2011 12:40:30 PM, 000ike wrote:

@Ore_Ele: America can be good or bad depending on what you decide to ignore. That's my only response to that.

Pretty sure it's mostly bad though.
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 12:43:26 PM
At 8/30/2011 12:41:34 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:

As Ike said, it depends on what you choose to ignore (or what false info you choose to believe).

@Ike, I'm not saying that we were "good" or "bad" from a moral angle, but that it can hardly be argued that we "kicked british butt" in that war.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 12:44:43 PM

Ah, What I said was double edged. America will be mostly bad if you ignore or don't know about even some good.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 12:45:59 PM
At 8/30/2011 12:44:43 PM, 000ike wrote:

Ah, What I said was double edged. America will be mostly bad if you ignore or don't know about even some good.

America's goodness is counterbalanced by the memory of its bad qualities (the Waco siege, subcultures, pseudoscience, conspiracy theories, and so on)...Of course, I hope that this is the view that objective historians adopt when describing American history.

Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 1:08:42 PM
At 8/30/2011 11:53:18 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Ah...I'm misusing the word 'continental'. I sometimes forget that most Brits don't regard us as part of the EU. I'm British.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 1:14:34 PM
At 8/30/2011 1:08:42 PM, Kinesis wrote:

Ah...I'm misusing the word 'continental'. I sometimes forget that most Brits don't regard us as part of the EU. I'm British.

Membership of the EU has nothing to with it, you are not a continental.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 1:22:17 PM
At 8/30/2011 1:14:34 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 8/30/2011 1:08:42 PM, Kinesis wrote:

Membership of the EU has nothing to with it, you are not a continental.

Nationalist Pig Dog!
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 2:27:20 PM
I've heard that British politics has been held up to a very high caliber...

Two words:

Royal Family