Jump to topic:

Insulting and denigrating people.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 11:45:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
What makes people think that there political views or ideas are any better than those who the insult and denigrate who oppose their views. They don't engage in inquiry, they just insult and denigrate and wish Hell and death on them. They call their opposition stupid and idiotic. In my view if you are one of these people you are the least qualified to comment on any political view point let alone hold any public office.
You views are no more or no less valid than anyone else's when it comes to dealing with fiscal issues or social issues. Just because you don't want something cut or changed or vice versa does not mean you are evil or stupid. It means it is up to you to show facts and figures to support your views, not to comment on your oppositions views.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 11:48:41 AM
I absolutely agree. After all, the opinion doesn't make the man, the man makes the opinion.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 12:21:37 PM
If you can see where the other person is coming from, you can have sympathy for why they believe they do.

I think everyone is stupid, so why single anyone out?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 12:22:01 PM
You fvcking retarded piece of caveman excrement.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 12:24:14 PM
At 9/4/2011 12:21:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
If you can see where the other person is coming from, you can have sympathy for why they believe they do.

I feel sorry for you.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 12:42:00 PM
At 9/4/2011 12:05:20 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Hard to find anyone who doesn't think their opposites are stupid... especially on a website like this :)

I don't know that this is true. People here do well on their merit of presentation of information from their particular perspective, and those that do this well are are generally regarded well without respect to the position they hold.

There are some who warrant a claim of being stupid, because they clearly are, and many others who are bright, because they clearly are, and their position on an issue doesn't seem to denote one way or the other. I don't think anyone would call Geo stupid, but pretty much everyone would agree that he holds some minority (if not insane) views. I look at Feverish, he and i are pretty much opposites, but i think he's a bright guy, but just holds different values.

Nah, stupid is stupid, and we know it when we see it.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 12:46:25 PM

'stupid' is a scale relative to the time, place education of the general populace. If everyone is stupid, no-one is.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 12:52:47 PM
At 9/4/2011 12:46:25 PM, Kinesis wrote:

'stupid' is a scale relative to the time, place education of the general populace. If everyone is stupid, no-one is.

I think you've just broken his anarchy philosophy.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 2:07:18 PM
At 9/4/2011 12:46:25 PM, Kinesis wrote:

The stupidity I'm talking about is relative, but not to what you are talking about.

At 9/4/2011 12:52:47 PM, 000ike wrote:
I think you've just broken his anarchy philosophy.

lulwat
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 2:16:36 PM
Well one possible explanation can be seen in my signature.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 2:23:21 PM
You can learn a lot from being insulted.

Like, how to stop being such a poosie.

There are no bullies, only poosies.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 2:45:45 PM
At 9/4/2011 2:23:21 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

What a delightfully effective way to not have friends. Excellent mentality good sir!
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 2:49:13 PM
Insulting others will at least help people reaffirm themselves and to confront their problems....

It's basically one of those lessons that life gives us to remember about this world.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 2:54:32 PM
At 9/4/2011 2:23:21 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Here, here!