Jump to topic:

Congress poll numbers

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2011 10:47:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Congress, split under republican house and democrat senate, now has worse poll numbers than any time when both houses were democrat. All five of the main polling agencies show a 70 point spread or greater, currently averaging 71.7 in the red.

It won't take much longer before people realize that fixing the economy is not something that the president does, but that congress does (president can put forth idea and policy, but congress has to pass them).

But of course, Democrats are mad because Republicans are not working with them, and Republicans are mad because Democrats are not working with them. But both sides don't want the other side to work with them, they want the other side to roll over and take it in the rear.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com...
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Just1Voice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2011 11:03:33 AM
Since the U.S. population balance tipped from rural to urban communities the number of people who feel that people are far too interconnected now for the conservative policies to work will just continue to grow. As an overall rule, those who live in urban areas vote for liberal policies, and I can't see this trend changing.

Republicans, I think, are aware now that their time is nearing it's end due to this trend. If they cannot get control of the presidency this time around. So, of course they are resorting to desperation tactics. I am not sure what they intend to do to keep that power but likely it is one of two tactics: Force a diaspora out of urban areas to more rural ones (not likely to work, but if it does and can tip the balance back again, they will have a shot); or tighten the stranglehold the wealthy have over the poor and step up their campaign to suppress the poor and the youth voting blocks, which will allow them to hold on simply by outspending the Dems.

The only hope for the nation is for whomever wins to gain control of both houses as well, since it is fairly certain that now that the Republicans have instituted this "scorched earth" style of political gamesmanship, the Democratic party will do the same thing (that is, if they can.. Democrats tend to be much harder to keep in line than Republicans).
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2011 11:09:23 AM
Many Urban areas have been thoroughly gutted with wasted spending and cronyism.

I definitely agree that the time is near when the Urban people will refuse to allow that continue.
Just1Voice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2011 11:24:12 AM
At 9/8/2011 11:09:23 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Many Urban areas have been thoroughly gutted with wasted spending and cronyism.

I definitely agree that the time is near when the Urban people will refuse to allow that continue.

I am curious, what form do you feel that refusal will take?