Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Liberals Talk About Fox News Way Too Much

jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 10:51:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I used to be able to have sensible political conversations with my liberal friends, and with liberals I met online.

Nowadays, however, everything I say gets met with "Stop Watching Fox Propaganda and Look at the Facts", followed with a Media Matters Link...

Oh ya, and a major left wing organization, Media Matters, is solely devoted to discrediting Fox...

Okay, Okay, I know. Fox does have a rightward tilt... but does MSNBC, the NY Times, and even CNN not have distinct leftward tilts...

Yes, we conservatives complain about these, but not to near the extent that Liberals talk about Fox.
President of DDO
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 11:11:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/9/2011 11:07:18 PM, George wrote:
I think it's mainly because Fox claims to be "fair and balanced".

George!
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Just1Voice
Posts: 155
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 12:27:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/9/2011 10:51:44 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
I used to be able to have sensible political conversations with my liberal friends, and with liberals I met online.

Nowadays, however, everything I say gets met with "Stop Watching Fox Propaganda and Look at the Facts", followed with a Media Matters Link...

Oh ya, and a major left wing organization, Media Matters, is solely devoted to discrediting Fox...

Okay, Okay, I know. Fox does have a rightward tilt... but does MSNBC, the NY Times, and even CNN not have distinct leftward tilts...

Yes, we conservatives complain about these, but not to near the extent that Liberals talk about Fox.

I'll give you that MSNBC has a liberal viewpoint, but unlike FOX, they freely admit it. I bugs me a little that Ed Schultz has styled himself as the lefts answer to Rush Limbaugh... the only answer the left needs to Rush Limbaugh is to change the channel.

FOX would not lose their audience if they would just admit to it, but I think it amuses them to know that the phrase "Fair and Balanced" pisses off the liberals, so they keep it. I have noticed that conservatives in the media love to do this. Rush, especially seems to organize his entire program around this goal.

The idea that a media organization can actually provide an objective view of the issues is just false. There is no objective viewpoint. The nature of the relationship between politics and the media is necessarily subjective. FOX privileges the Conservative perspective; MSNBC, the liberal; and CNN is conflict oriented. All of them choose the stories they cover and the way they cover them to emphasize these perspectives.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 2:13:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 12:27:10 PM, Just1Voice wrote:
At 9/9/2011 10:51:44 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
I used to be able to have sensible political conversations with my liberal friends, and with liberals I met online.

Nowadays, however, everything I say gets met with "Stop Watching Fox Propaganda and Look at the Facts", followed with a Media Matters Link...

Oh ya, and a major left wing organization, Media Matters, is solely devoted to discrediting Fox...

Okay, Okay, I know. Fox does have a rightward tilt... but does MSNBC, the NY Times, and even CNN not have distinct leftward tilts...

Yes, we conservatives complain about these, but not to near the extent that Liberals talk about Fox.

I'll give you that MSNBC has a liberal viewpoint, but unlike FOX, they freely admit it. I bugs me a little that Ed Schultz has styled himself as the lefts answer to Rush Limbaugh... the only answer the left needs to Rush Limbaugh is to change the channel.

FOX would not lose their audience if they would just admit to it, but I think it amuses them to know that the phrase "Fair and Balanced" pisses off the liberals, so they keep it. I have noticed that conservatives in the media love to do this. Rush, especially seems to organize his entire program around this goal.

The idea that a media organization can actually provide an objective view of the issues is just false. There is no objective viewpoint. The nature of the relationship between politics and the media is necessarily subjective. FOX privileges the Conservative perspective; MSNBC, the liberal; and CNN is conflict oriented. All of them choose the stories they cover and the way they cover them to emphasize these perspectives.

I don't think MSNBC admits to having a leftward tilt. Regardless, Hannity and all the other conservatives on Fox admit to being conservative...

MSNBC presents itself as being unbiased, with more liberal talkshow hosts. And, Fox presents itself as being unbiaed, with more conservative talkshow hosts...

The pure news part is not particularly biased on either network...
President of DDO
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 2:23:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/9/2011 11:07:18 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I think it's mainly because Fox claims to be "fair and balanced".

Really? So if they no longer had that as a tag line they'd be left alone by the left? PLEASE, you don't really believe that do you?

The NYT has a tag line, "All the news fit to print". WTF is that? Arrogant idiotic and certainly untrue, i don't hear a word about that from anyone ever. No, it's just that Fox is pretty much the only conservative television news broadcast.
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 2:24:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
FOX can kiss my a$$. They talk so much nonsense and most of it isn't even true. They twist things around to their benefit. I'm an independent, I listen to both sides. The left lies and manipulates but not nearly as much as the right. The right wing is a bit crazy in my opinion, mostly selfish and fanatical. The left are spineless and can't pull their head out of their a$$ long enough to develop a worthwhile plan. I would rather see an independent party take the throne, one that pulls the best all sides.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 2:27:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 2:24:24 PM, Tiel wrote:
FOX can kiss my a$$. They talk so much nonsense and most of it isn't even true. They twist things around to their benefit. I'm an independent, I listen to both sides. The left lies and manipulates but not nearly as much as the right. The right wing is a bit crazy in my opinion, mostly selfish and fanatical. The left are spineless and can't pull their head out of their a$$ long enough to develop a worthwhile plan. I would rather see an independent party take the throne, one that pulls the best all sides.

Actually i doubt you would.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 2:40:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 2:24:24 PM, Tiel wrote:
FOX can kiss my a$$. They talk so much nonsense and most of it isn't even true. They twist things around to their benefit. I'm an independent, I listen to both sides. The left lies and manipulates but not nearly as much as the right. The right wing is a bit crazy in my opinion, mostly selfish and fanatical. The left are spineless and can't pull their head out of their a$$ long enough to develop a worthwhile plan. I would rather see an independent party take the throne, one that pulls the best all sides.

I don't see how the right does this more than the left... After all, it is the left that ignores centuries of economic history, logic, and just about everything else to push their keynesian/social democratic policies...
President of DDO
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 2:44:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 2:40:07 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:24:24 PM, Tiel wrote:
FOX can kiss my a$$. They talk so much nonsense and most of it isn't even true. They twist things around to their benefit. I'm an independent, I listen to both sides. The left lies and manipulates but not nearly as much as the right. The right wing is a bit crazy in my opinion, mostly selfish and fanatical. The left are spineless and can't pull their head out of their a$$ long enough to develop a worthwhile plan. I would rather see an independent party take the throne, one that pulls the best all sides.


I don't see how the right does this more than the left... After all, it is the left that ignores centuries of economic history, logic, and just about everything else to push their keynesian/social democratic policies...

The right doesn't, but if you are inclined toward the left you will see more infractions by the right, and not see those before your eyes. However, the opposite is true as well. Both extremes will indulge in obfuscation to further their agenda, but the more you to toward the less extreme will you find more honesty, but still agenda.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 2:47:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 2:44:06 PM, innomen wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:40:07 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:24:24 PM, Tiel wrote:
FOX can kiss my a$$. They talk so much nonsense and most of it isn't even true. They twist things around to their benefit. I'm an independent, I listen to both sides. The left lies and manipulates but not nearly as much as the right. The right wing is a bit crazy in my opinion, mostly selfish and fanatical. The left are spineless and can't pull their head out of their a$$ long enough to develop a worthwhile plan. I would rather see an independent party take the throne, one that pulls the best all sides.


I don't see how the right does this more than the left... After all, it is the left that ignores centuries of economic history, logic, and just about everything else to push their keynesian/social democratic policies...

The right doesn't, but if you are inclined toward the left you will see more infractions by the right, and not see those before your eyes. However, the opposite is true as well. Both extremes will indulge in obfuscation to further their agenda, but the more you to toward the less extreme will you find more honesty, but still agenda.

Sure, but Tiel was acting like he was some independant whose "objective" view is that the right is worse than the left... That is bullshiit...
President of DDO
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 2:49:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 2:47:17 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:44:06 PM, innomen wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:40:07 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:24:24 PM, Tiel wrote:
FOX can kiss my a$$. They talk so much nonsense and most of it isn't even true. They twist things around to their benefit. I'm an independent, I listen to both sides. The left lies and manipulates but not nearly as much as the right. The right wing is a bit crazy in my opinion, mostly selfish and fanatical. The left are spineless and can't pull their head out of their a$$ long enough to develop a worthwhile plan. I would rather see an independent party take the throne, one that pulls the best all sides.


I don't see how the right does this more than the left... After all, it is the left that ignores centuries of economic history, logic, and just about everything else to push their keynesian/social democratic policies...

The right doesn't, but if you are inclined toward the left you will see more infractions by the right, and not see those before your eyes. However, the opposite is true as well. Both extremes will indulge in obfuscation to further their agenda, but the more you to toward the less extreme will you find more honesty, but still agenda.


Sure, but Tiel was acting like he was some independant whose "objective" view is that the right is worse than the left... That is bullshiit...

And that's why i said he probably wouldn't. Independent =/= unbiased.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 2:50:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 2:40:07 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:24:24 PM, Tiel wrote:
FOX can kiss my a$$. They talk so much nonsense and most of it isn't even true. They twist things around to their benefit. I'm an independent, I listen to both sides. The left lies and manipulates but not nearly as much as the right. The right wing is a bit crazy in my opinion, mostly selfish and fanatical. The left are spineless and can't pull their head out of their a$$ long enough to develop a worthwhile plan. I would rather see an independent party take the throne, one that pulls the best all sides.


I don't see how the right does this more than the left... After all, it is the left that ignores centuries of economic history, logic, and just about everything else to push their keynesian/social democratic policies...

The same could also be said about the right as certain aspects of free market economics have been proven not to work.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 2:51:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 2:50:01 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:40:07 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:24:24 PM, Tiel wrote:
FOX can kiss my a$$. They talk so much nonsense and most of it isn't even true. They twist things around to their benefit. I'm an independent, I listen to both sides. The left lies and manipulates but not nearly as much as the right. The right wing is a bit crazy in my opinion, mostly selfish and fanatical. The left are spineless and can't pull their head out of their a$$ long enough to develop a worthwhile plan. I would rather see an independent party take the throne, one that pulls the best all sides.


I don't see how the right does this more than the left... After all, it is the left that ignores centuries of economic history, logic, and just about everything else to push their keynesian/social democratic policies...

The same could also be said about the right as certain aspects of free market economics have been proven not to work.

Which ones?
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 2:52:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 2:50:01 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:40:07 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:24:24 PM, Tiel wrote:
FOX can kiss my a$$. They talk so much nonsense and most of it isn't even true. They twist things around to their benefit. I'm an independent, I listen to both sides. The left lies and manipulates but not nearly as much as the right. The right wing is a bit crazy in my opinion, mostly selfish and fanatical. The left are spineless and can't pull their head out of their a$$ long enough to develop a worthwhile plan. I would rather see an independent party take the throne, one that pulls the best all sides.


I don't see how the right does this more than the left... After all, it is the left that ignores centuries of economic history, logic, and just about everything else to push their keynesian/social democratic policies...

The same could also be said about the right as certain aspects of free market economics have been proven not to work.

Not really... I don't know what aspects you're talking about?
President of DDO
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 3:01:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 2:52:26 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:50:01 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:40:07 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:24:24 PM, Tiel wrote:
FOX can kiss my a$$. They talk so much nonsense and most of it isn't even true. They twist things around to their benefit. I'm an independent, I listen to both sides. The left lies and manipulates but not nearly as much as the right. The right wing is a bit crazy in my opinion, mostly selfish and fanatical. The left are spineless and can't pull their head out of their a$$ long enough to develop a worthwhile plan. I would rather see an independent party take the throne, one that pulls the best all sides.


I don't see how the right does this more than the left... After all, it is the left that ignores centuries of economic history, logic, and just about everything else to push their keynesian/social democratic policies...

The same could also be said about the right as certain aspects of free market economics have been proven not to work.


Not really... I don't know what aspects you're talking about?

The ones in the 1920's. Eventually the market crashed and led to the depression. I have nothing against a free market, but there needs to be at least some regulation even if it's minimal.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 3:05:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 3:01:16 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:52:26 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:50:01 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:40:07 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:24:24 PM, Tiel wrote:
FOX can kiss my a$$. They talk so much nonsense and most of it isn't even true. They twist things around to their benefit. I'm an independent, I listen to both sides. The left lies and manipulates but not nearly as much as the right. The right wing is a bit crazy in my opinion, mostly selfish and fanatical. The left are spineless and can't pull their head out of their a$$ long enough to develop a worthwhile plan. I would rather see an independent party take the throne, one that pulls the best all sides.


I don't see how the right does this more than the left... After all, it is the left that ignores centuries of economic history, logic, and just about everything else to push their keynesian/social democratic policies...

The same could also be said about the right as certain aspects of free market economics have been proven not to work.


Not really... I don't know what aspects you're talking about?

The ones in the 1920's. Eventually the market crashed and led to the depression.
That wasn't a free market.
And notably, the 1929 depression drew more direct intervention than the 1920 depression. Which one was shorter? That's right, the one they never told you about.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 3:14:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 3:01:16 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:52:26 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:50:01 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:40:07 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:24:24 PM, Tiel wrote:
FOX can kiss my a$$. They talk so much nonsense and most of it isn't even true. They twist things around to their benefit. I'm an independent, I listen to both sides. The left lies and manipulates but not nearly as much as the right. The right wing is a bit crazy in my opinion, mostly selfish and fanatical. The left are spineless and can't pull their head out of their a$$ long enough to develop a worthwhile plan. I would rather see an independent party take the throne, one that pulls the best all sides.


I don't see how the right does this more than the left... After all, it is the left that ignores centuries of economic history, logic, and just about everything else to push their keynesian/social democratic policies...

The same could also be said about the right as certain aspects of free market economics have been proven not to work.


Not really... I don't know what aspects you're talking about?

The ones in the 1920's. Eventually the market crashed and led to the depression. I have nothing against a free market, but there needs to be at least some regulation even if it's minimal.

You do know that the Fed was responsible for the Great Depression... And Hoover's and Roosevelt's intervention made it worse...

And, what about the 1920 depression?

Never heard of it?

Thats because Spending and taxes were cut and the economy quickly returned to normal...
President of DDO
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 3:33:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 3:01:16 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:52:26 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:50:01 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:40:07 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:24:24 PM, Tiel wrote:
FOX can kiss my a$$. They talk so much nonsense and most of it isn't even true. They twist things around to their benefit. I'm an independent, I listen to both sides. The left lies and manipulates but not nearly as much as the right. The right wing is a bit crazy in my opinion, mostly selfish and fanatical. The left are spineless and can't pull their head out of their a$$ long enough to develop a worthwhile plan. I would rather see an independent party take the throne, one that pulls the best all sides.


I don't see how the right does this more than the left... After all, it is the left that ignores centuries of economic history, logic, and just about everything else to push their keynesian/social democratic policies...

The same could also be said about the right as certain aspects of free market economics have been proven not to work.


Not really... I don't know what aspects you're talking about?

The ones in the 1920's. Eventually the market crashed and led to the depression. I have nothing against a free market, but there needs to be at least some regulation even if it's minimal.

You need to be specific, which free market principle in particular failed in the 1920's?
Cobo
Posts: 556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 3:51:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 3:34:23 PM, innomen wrote:
At 9/10/2011 3:32:11 PM, Cobo wrote:
I'll say one thing about fox.

I hate Bill O Reilly

And Chris Matthews?

Well, I have never seen chris matthews cut someone off when an argument isn't going his way(But I'm sure he probably does, just less than O Reilly.)
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 3:54:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 2:49:46 PM, innomen wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:47:17 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:44:06 PM, innomen wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:40:07 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:24:24 PM, Tiel wrote:
FOX can kiss my a$$. They talk so much nonsense and most of it isn't even true. They twist things around to their benefit. I'm an independent, I listen to both sides. The left lies and manipulates but not nearly as much as the right. The right wing is a bit crazy in my opinion, mostly selfish and fanatical. The left are spineless and can't pull their head out of their a$$ long enough to develop a worthwhile plan. I would rather see an independent party take the throne, one that pulls the best all sides.


I don't see how the right does this more than the left... After all, it is the left that ignores centuries of economic history, logic, and just about everything else to push their keynesian/social democratic policies...

The right doesn't, but if you are inclined toward the left you will see more infractions by the right, and not see those before your eyes. However, the opposite is true as well. Both extremes will indulge in obfuscation to further their agenda, but the more you to toward the less extreme will you find more honesty, but still agenda.


Sure, but Tiel was acting like he was some independant whose "objective" view is that the right is worse than the left... That is bullshiit...

And that's why i said he probably wouldn't. Independent =/= unbiased.

Independent does not equal unbiased. It means that I am independently biased. I have seen stories covered by both sides time and time again. The left don't manipulate the story nearly as much as the right. I feel that both sided are unworthy and I would rather see an independent party in power.

The right are selfish, extremist, and fanatical.

The left are naive, spineless, and not passionate enough.

I hope that independents are the future.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Joseph_Mengele
Posts: 388
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 4:40:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/9/2011 10:51:44 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
I used to be able to have sensible political conversations with my liberal friends, and with liberals I met online.

Nowadays, however, everything I say gets met with "Stop Watching Fox Propaganda and Look at the Facts", followed with a Media Matters Link...

Oh ya, and a major left wing organization, Media Matters, is solely devoted to discrediting Fox...

Okay, Okay, I know. Fox does have a rightward tilt... but does MSNBC, the NY Times, and even CNN not have distinct leftward tilts...

Yes, we conservatives complain about these, but not to near the extent that Liberals talk about Fox.

The liberal commentators that I stated in this thread: http://www.debate.org..., constantly rant about Fox News. Rachel Maddow and Chris Mathews are among the worst. I would say Keith Olberman but he isn't on there anymore. :D
Joseph_Mengele
Posts: 388
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 4:41:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 3:51:01 PM, Cobo wrote:
At 9/10/2011 3:34:23 PM, innomen wrote:
At 9/10/2011 3:32:11 PM, Cobo wrote:
I'll say one thing about fox.

I hate Bill O Reilly

And Chris Matthews?

Well, I have never seen chris matthews cut someone off when an argument isn't going his way(But I'm sure he probably does, just less than O Reilly.)

I believe jat93 made an thread about Chris Matthews being incredibly intolerence. I think it was in a thread titled liberal intolerance or something like that.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 5:07:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 3:54:56 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:49:46 PM, innomen wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:47:17 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:44:06 PM, innomen wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:40:07 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:24:24 PM, Tiel wrote:
FOX can kiss my a$$. They talk so much nonsense and most of it isn't even true. They twist things around to their benefit. I'm an independent, I listen to both sides. The left lies and manipulates but not nearly as much as the right. The right wing is a bit crazy in my opinion, mostly selfish and fanatical. The left are spineless and can't pull their head out of their a$$ long enough to develop a worthwhile plan. I would rather see an independent party take the throne, one that pulls the best all sides.


I don't see how the right does this more than the left... After all, it is the left that ignores centuries of economic history, logic, and just about everything else to push their keynesian/social democratic policies...

The right doesn't, but if you are inclined toward the left you will see more infractions by the right, and not see those before your eyes. However, the opposite is true as well. Both extremes will indulge in obfuscation to further their agenda, but the more you to toward the less extreme will you find more honesty, but still agenda.


Sure, but Tiel was acting like he was some independant whose "objective" view is that the right is worse than the left... That is bullshiit...

And that's why i said he probably wouldn't. Independent =/= unbiased.

Independent does not equal unbiased. It means that I am independently biased. I have seen stories covered by both sides time and time again. The left don't manipulate the story nearly as much as the right. I feel that both sided are unworthy and I would rather see an independent party in power.

The right are selfish, extremist, and fanatical.

The left are naive, spineless, and not passionate enough.

I hope that independents are the future.

Your "independents" will be equally as useless, but maybe independently so.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 5:13:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I've gained more respect for Fox News, also the Republicans, after seeing how much the Left are hypocritical even in my country. Hopefully they won't get into government soon.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 5:40:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 2:40:07 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/10/2011 2:24:24 PM, Tiel wrote:
FOX can kiss my a$$. They talk so much nonsense and most of it isn't even true. They twist things around to their benefit. I'm an independent, I listen to both sides. The left lies and manipulates but not nearly as much as the right. The right wing is a bit crazy in my opinion, mostly selfish and fanatical. The left are spineless and can't pull their head out of their a$$ long enough to develop a worthwhile plan. I would rather see an independent party take the throne, one that pulls the best all sides.


I don't see how the right does this more than the left... After all, it is the left that ignores centuries of economic history, logic, and just about everything else to push their keynesian/social democratic policies...

Those who claim to be "Republicans" these days have obviously ignored centuries of scientific discoveries, and social studies. Both parties have gone out to lunch. We need a complete revamp, not a complete rewind.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 5:48:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 5:13:03 PM, Mirza wrote:
I've gained more respect for Fox News, also the Republicans, after seeing how much the Left are hypocritical even in my country. Hopefully they won't get into government soon.

The left sucking =/= the right being any better.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.