Jump to topic:

All Forms of Left-Libertarianism are Awful

jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 1:17:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
By left libertarianism, I mean anything from Anarcho Communism to regular left libertarianism... I think they are all stupid and self contradictory...
President of DDO
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 2:07:53 AM
At 9/11/2011 1:23:36 AM, iamdrunkritenow wrote:
At 9/11/2011 1:17:38 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
By left libertarianism, I mean anything from Anarcho Communism to regular left libertarianism... I think they are all stupid and self contradictory...

2nded. They're not libertarianism, they're communism. They're about as realistic as counting to infinity.

Communism implies big government and coercion.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 5:34:05 AM

No, all imposed forms of communism is awful, but as a voluntary system they can be alright, if you like that sort of thing. I lived with some Benedictine monks in the mountains of Vermont http://www.westonpriory.org... for a short while, and they essentially were communal in everything, owned nothing, and lived quite peacefully. It was a beautiful life if you can get to that point in existence where wants are of minimal priority.

I also lived in Soviet Russia where all they had was want, and every ideal that they were shooting for backfired ten fold. Forced collectivism killed their aspirations and fed their individual envy.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 10:30:51 AM

Regardless, as long as it is voluntary who gives a sh1t?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 11:31:07 AM
The problem arises when your greedy little spoiled brats grow up and fvck everything up.

Even if everyone in a generation managed to miraculously reach enlightenment, and the world became some kind of cottage cheese type utopia, it would only be a matter of time before it crumbled.

Just my opinion.

Maybe our future robot overlords will save us from this by grinding us up into dilithium crystal fertilizer or something.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp