Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Fascist Facebook Warns Infowars Reporter

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 2:38:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.infowars.com...

"Be careful about making political statements on facebook," McBreen was told in an email, "facebook is about building relationships not a platform for your political viewpoint. Don't antagonize your base. Be careful and congnizat (sic) of what you are preaching."

"The message provides further evidence that Facebook is not only monitoring discussions, but also feels compelled to warn users about the supposed inappropriateness of their political viewpoints, especially if they deviate from prepackaged left-vs-right political viewpoints propagated by the establishment."

"The Facebook is message received by McBreen is intimidation, pure and simple. Thousands of Facebook users utilize the site to push political agendas.

For instance, Obama has a Facebook page and his photo is emblazoned with "2012," indicating that he will seek to be reelected to political office. Nancy Pelosi's page identifies her as a "Government Official" and the top post on her page is about Obama's politicalized "jobs" program.

Facebook obviously is a political platform. It is only an issue when Infowars.com and other politically incorrect individuals and groups post political content."

http://www.infowars.com...

Is this not bullsh!t to the highest degree? Obama and Pelosi can push political agendas, but Infowars reporters can't make comments?

And yet you still deny a New World Order? Where's the sanity.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 2:42:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is the McCarthyism of fascism.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 3:00:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's also incredibly ironic that Facebook says you can't express political opinion when in fact the Facebook status prompt says "Whats on your mind?" prompting the person to do just that. Post what's on their mind. I guess people aren't allowed to think about politics.

Oh wait, that's right, long as you're trapped in the false left-right paradigm you can say what you want. But free thinkers and Libertarians who don't accept the status quo and false paradigm have to shut up.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 3:06:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 2:42:53 PM, 000ike wrote:
This is the McCarthyism of fascism.

Oh hey, whaddaya know, it's complicit slave man again!

This is not McCarthyism. I'm not suggesting that we blacklist people and imprison people who may be "fascists." Not to mention those who do get called fascists are done so with evidence. For example, agencies like Facebook trying to intimidate and surpress people who support ideas of freedom.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 3:10:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So facebook is not allowed to say what can be said on their website? I suppose next you'll say that homeowners have no rights to say who is allowed and who is not allowed to step foot on their property?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 3:14:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 3:06:09 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 2:42:53 PM, 000ike wrote:
This is the McCarthyism of fascism.

Oh hey, whaddaya know, it's complicit slave man again!

This is not McCarthyism. I'm not suggesting that we blacklist people and imprison people who may be "fascists." Not to mention those who do get called fascists are done so with evidence. For example, agencies like Facebook trying to intimidate and surpress people who support ideas of freedom.

Oh why yes of course, I have the freedom to join SOMEONE ELSE'S website, and vomit whatever I want, and if they disapprove of what I say, or take action against, they're fascist intolerant morons! I have the freedom to say what I want where I want, even if the place in which I say such things is the property of someone else! Yeah!, fight the power!
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 3:18:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 3:10:16 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
So facebook is not allowed to say what can be said on their website? I suppose next you'll say that homeowners have no rights to say who is allowed and who is not allowed to step foot on their property?

In fact Geo, I have decided that it is within my freedom and MY HUMAN RIGHT to commandeer your laptop/desktop because it will make me happy, and the Constitution promises me pursuit of happiness. Mail it over or I'll sue you for crimes against humanity.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 3:19:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 3:18:28 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/12/2011 3:10:16 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
So facebook is not allowed to say what can be said on their website? I suppose next you'll say that homeowners have no rights to say who is allowed and who is not allowed to step foot on their property?

In fact Geo, I have decided that it is within my freedom and MY HUMAN RIGHT to commandeer your laptop/desktop because it will make me happy, and the Declaration of Independence promises me pursuit of happiness. Mail it over or I'll sue you for crimes against humanity.

fixed*
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 3:20:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 3:10:16 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
So facebook is not allowed to say what can be said on their website? I suppose next you'll say that homeowners have no rights to say who is allowed and who is not allowed to step foot on their property?

Facebook provides a public service for the public. Homes are not for the public. Homes don't have signs that say "Come right in, come tell us what's on your mind!" *cough* facebook *cough*

The absurtity of this is that Facebook is being hypocritical. It claimed that Facebook is not for expressing political opinions or political platforms, yet I don't see them emailing Obama telling him to stop posting campaign stuff for his next run or Pelosi's policy pushing for Obama. Why don't they get told not to speak about politics?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Indophile
Posts: 1,414
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 3:23:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 3:20:35 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 3:10:16 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
So facebook is not allowed to say what can be said on their website? I suppose next you'll say that homeowners have no rights to say who is allowed and who is not allowed to step foot on their property?

Facebook provides a public service for the public. Homes are not for the public. Homes don't have signs that say "Come right in, come tell us what's on your mind!" *cough* facebook *cough*

The absurtity of this is that Facebook is being hypocritical. It claimed that Facebook is not for expressing political opinions or political platforms, yet I don't see them emailing Obama telling him to stop posting campaign stuff for his next run or Pelosi's policy pushing for Obama. Why don't they get told not to speak about politics?

Well, the ones getting told NOT to speak about what they think, can do the right thing and close their Facebook accounts. Nobody is forcing them to post.
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 3:24:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 3:20:35 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 3:10:16 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
So facebook is not allowed to say what can be said on their website? I suppose next you'll say that homeowners have no rights to say who is allowed and who is not allowed to step foot on their property?

Facebook provides a public service for the public. Homes are not for the public. Homes don't have signs that say "Come right in, come tell us what's on your mind!" *cough* facebook *cough*

They have doormats that say "welcome" (many of them at least).


The absurtity of this is that Facebook is being hypocritical. It claimed that Facebook is not for expressing political opinions or political platforms, yet I don't see them emailing Obama telling him to stop posting campaign stuff for his next run or Pelosi's policy pushing for Obama. Why don't they get told not to speak about politics?

You (and facebook and everyone else) have a right to be hypocritical.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 3:26:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 3:18:28 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/12/2011 3:10:16 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
So facebook is not allowed to say what can be said on their website? I suppose next you'll say that homeowners have no rights to say who is allowed and who is not allowed to step foot on their property?

In fact Geo, I have decided that it is within my freedom and MY HUMAN RIGHT to commandeer your laptop/desktop because it will make me happy, and the Constitution promises me pursuit of happiness. Mail it over or I'll sue you for crimes against humanity.

That's a violation of property rights. You can pursue happiness, but not at the expense of others freedom and property rights.

Facebook however engaged in a contractual agreement allowing users to "Post what's on their mind." Theres no restriction in the contract against posting political things or else every single politician on facebook would be deleted.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
BennyW
Posts: 698
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 3:41:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yea I know Facebook monitors stuff and I have already been labeled a potential terrorist by DHS so it is too late for me anyway, I just post as little personal information as possible though if they really wanted to the could find me.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 4:23:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Facebook provides a public service for the public.
That's dirty lib'rul speak. For shame.

As for the contract, where's the wording about speaking your mind in the terms of use? "What's on your mind?" is a slogan, not a contract.

Also, nothing you quoted in the OP involved forbidding someone from saying anything. "Be careful" and "We won't allow that" are different things.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 6:33:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 3:00:32 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
It's also incredibly ironic that Facebook says you can't express political opinion:

Where is the credible evidence showing that Facebook warns anyone about politics? As usual, ridiculous hysteria from Infowars that creates problems where they don't exist.

I remember seeing an interview with Zuckerberg where he described himself as being at odds with both the Republican party and Democrat party on key areas. But I guess he's just a puppet, because the Illuminati, Skull & Bones, and the Freemasons actually own Facebook.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 12:51:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 6:33:19 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 9/12/2011 3:00:32 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
It's also incredibly ironic that Facebook says you can't express political opinion:

Where is the credible evidence showing that Facebook warns anyone about politics?

Did you not read the OP? I showed the direct quote from the email that Facebook sent the Infowars reporter.

"Be careful about making political statements on facebook," McBreen was told in an email, "facebook is about building relationships not a platform for your political viewpoint. Don't antagonize your base. Be careful and congnizat (sic) of what you are preaching." - http://www.infowars.com...

Here's even a screenshot of the message: http://static.infowars.com...

As usual, ridiculous hysteria from Infowars that creates problems where they don't exist.

It does exist. I just showed you the problem that Facebook created. Facebook approves of political discussions from people of any ideology except Libertarians and conspiracy theorists. Hell, I bet black liberation groups and white supremacist groups get less crap than Infowars.

I remember seeing an interview with Zuckerberg where he described himself as being at odds with both the Republican party and Democrat party on key areas.

I don't doubt it.

But I guess he's just a puppet, because the Illuminati, Skull & Bones, and the Freemasons actually own Facebook.

"Facebook's funding can be traced back to the CIA through the venture capital firm Accel Partners. Its manager James Breyer was formerly chairman of the National Venture Capital Association and served on the board with Gilman Louie, CEO of In-Q-Tel, the CIA's venture capital firm. Anita Jones is also associated with the company. She sat on the In-Q-Tel's board and was director of Defense Research and Engineering for the Pentagon and served as an adviser to the Secretary of Defense and was involved in the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)." - http://www.infowars.com...

Just the facts, no theory.

What do you say to that?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 1:12:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Geo, is the tooth fairy real? I mean, all the evidence is there! I remember I would put my tooth under my pillow, and when i woke up, I'd see money and my tooth was gone. Of course it must have been a fairy! There's no other logical explanation for that very suspicious and persuasive clue.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault