Jump to topic:

Interesting

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 5:19:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The New York upset is a little more important, and as seeing as they've had how many debates in the last few weeks now? It is getting to be old boring news. We all know that any and every internet poll is going to be skewed for Ron Paul, they always are, while the national polls (which have a greater history of being accurate) show him in something like 4th or 5th place.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 5:24:37 PM
100,000 = insignificant number. One the national scale, this number reflects nothing. Furthermore, winning a debate does not necessarily mean having the better beliefs and arguments. People have a tendency to declare victory to whoever received the most cheers from that circus we call an audience.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 5:50:53 PM
At 9/14/2011 5:40:13 PM, dogmatic wrote:
At 9/14/2011 5:19:11 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
The New York upset is a little more important, and as seeing as they've had how many debates in the last few weeks now? It is getting to be old boring news. We all know that any and every internet poll is going to be skewed for Ron Paul, they always are, while the national polls (which have a greater history of being accurate) show him in something like 4th or 5th place.

Do you believe Ron Paul's base is the younger generation and do you think it will translate into a larger libertarian party in the future?

It's my opinion that the Republican Party will basically BECOME the Libertarian Party in the future. I say this because, in a progressively socially liberal world, the Republicans will naturally become more and more socially liberal until eventually standing for what us libertarians stand more.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 5:52:54 PM

Do you believe Ron Paul's base is the younger generation and do you think it will translate into a larger libertarian party in the future?

Yes and no. I think his base is younger, but I don't think it will translate into a larger libertarian party in the future. Just because the kids are libertarian now, does not mean that they will stay that way forever. Kids, in general, are more liberal than adults, and as they age, they tend to go conservative (both socially and economically). If libertarians go conservative socially, then they are no longer libertarians, only hard right conservatives.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 5:56:34 PM
At 9/14/2011 5:52:54 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Yes and no. I think his base is younger, but I don't think it will translate into a larger libertarian party in the future. Just because the kids are libertarian now, does not mean that they will stay that way forever. Kids, in general, are more liberal than adults, and as they age, they tend to go conservative (both socially and economically). If libertarians go conservative socially, then they are no longer libertarians, only hard right conservatives.

This. I heard a congressman say that on Msnbc once and at first, I thought he was pretty stupid to imply that liberalism is naive, time showing that he was a bit more right than I thought. Now, here, liberals on this website make me feel less moderate and more conservative by the minute mainly because they annoy me.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault