Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

What happened to the Anti-War movement?

PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 9:46:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Where is the vehemence from the same Anti-War movement we saw during Bush's years in the White House when the same wars are still being fought under Obama's watch?

Seems odd that everyone is curiously silent when their guy gets voted in to office, yet took 2 1/2 years to even begin pulling troops out of Iraq, hasn't closed Guantanamo as promised, is still embroiled in a lengthy war in Afghanistan, and even covertly sends US forces on to the soil of an ally nation to assassinate people without consent of that sovereign government.

Seems odd that so few from the Left is not enraged. And yet.... silence in deference for their messiah.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 9:58:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I can't argue with that, Obama merely continued with the status quo but has not received even a fraction of the bile reserved for Bush.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 11:34:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Left liberals acting hypocritically? No way. *Sarcasm* Next you're going to say the allegedly "small government" Republican party has supported drastically expanded State power in the name of "counter terrorism" over the last ten years.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 11:38:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Most liberals were against the Iraq war, not the other wars. Obama has been actually been returning the troops home.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 12:07:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 11:38:11 AM, darkkermit wrote:
Most liberals were against the Iraq war, not the other wars. Obama has been actually been returning the troops home.:

50,000 troops remain in Iraq to this day, but he qualifies it by saying that "combat operations have ended (so just change play semantics and it's all better now), the one's he took out of Iraq he threw in to Afghanistan, Guantanamo still exists, and he raids his allies.

That hardly sounds like it should be the work of a Nobel Peace Prize laureate who so condescendingly stated,

"... the Sermon on the Mount was so radical, it's doubtful the Defense Department wouldn't survive its application."

and yet continues to wage war, as a Peace prize recipient.

That's really funny, coming from him.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 12:11:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 12:07:13 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 9/16/2011 11:38:11 AM, darkkermit wrote:
Most liberals were against the Iraq war, not the other wars. Obama has been actually been returning the troops home.:

50,000 troops remain in Iraq to this day, but he qualifies it by saying that "combat operations have ended (so just change play semantics and it's all better now), the one's he took out of Iraq he threw in to Afghanistan, Guantanamo still exists, and he raids his allies.

How many troops are in Germany still? It doesn't matter that there are troops there, it matters what they are doing there. Also the raid on Pakistan should have been done years ago. They are not our ally except on paper.


That hardly sounds like it should be the work of a Nobel Peace Prize laureate who so condescendingly stated,

"... the Sermon on the Mount was so radical, it's doubtful the Defense Department wouldn't survive its application."

and yet continues to wage war, as a Peace prize recipient.

That's really funny, coming from him.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 12:44:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't think the left are particularly happy about Obama's track record either. They're just more terrified by the religious nuts running for the republican nomination. Obama is going to win 2012 purely on the weakness of his opponents.
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 3:37:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 12:07:13 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 9/16/2011 11:38:11 AM, darkkermit wrote:
Most liberals were against the Iraq war, not the other wars. Obama has been actually been returning the troops home.:

50,000 troops remain in Iraq to this day, but he qualifies it by saying that "combat operations have ended (so just change play semantics and it's all better now), the one's he took out of Iraq he threw in to Afghanistan, Guantanamo still exists, and he raids his allies.

That hardly sounds like it should be the work of a Nobel Peace Prize laureate who so condescendingly stated,

"... the Sermon on the Mount was so radical, it's doubtful the Defense Department wouldn't survive its application."

and yet continues to wage war, as a Peace prize recipient.

That's really funny, coming from him.

We have thousands of "non-combat troops" stationed in Saudi Arabia and around the middle east. Are they currently at war or would it just be semantics to say they aren't involved in fighting?
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 3:51:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
In a neighboring town, on the common every friday night there were candle night vigils for the war by the moonbats, but the day Obama was elected they left, and we haven't seen a single vigil or war protest since.

Is Cindy Sheehan in the house?
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 4:51:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
How many troops are in Germany still? It doesn't matter that there are troops there, it matters what they are doing there.:

There's a world of difference between troops in Germany and troops in Iraq. But just like in Germany, Japan or Korea, we will set up permanent bases in Iraq that infuriate the host nation.

Also the raid on Pakistan should have been done years ago. They are not our ally except on paper.:

Honestly, that's all immaterial to the point that we're discussing Obama and HIS contradictory views. The point is that the most critical individuals of the war, like Obama portrayed himself, are curiously silent when it's the status quo.

If Bush sent Navy SEAL's in to Pakistan, they would have crucified him... but as long as the messiah does it, it's somehow different.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 4:58:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The left and the right are both corrupt and incompetent towards turning this country into what it needs to be. Though everyone's version of what it needs to be will be different... There is only one way in which it can be sustainable and healthy in the long run. If we don't change our national mindset in politics, the nation will collapse. We've only been around for about 235 years. We're infants. Other nations have toe nail clippings older than us. Time to look at what we're doing and redesign our approach. Either this or one of two things are probable to happen. 1.) Another entity will conquer us when we are weak. 2.) Another civil war will break out. A revolution that makes changes through war, instead of intelligent redesign.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 5:02:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 4:58:14 PM, Tiel wrote:
The left and the right are both corrupt and incompetent towards turning this country into what it needs to be. Though everyone's version of what it needs to be will be different... There is only one way in which it can be sustainable and healthy in the long run. If we don't change our national mindset in politics, the nation will collapse. We've only been around for about 235 years. We're infants. Other nations have toe nail clippings older than us. Time to look at what we're doing and redesign our approach. Either this or one of two things are probable to happen. 1.) Another entity will conquer us when we are weak. 2.) Another civil war will break out. A revolution that makes changes through war, instead of intelligent redesign.

Name a country that has had the same form of government that exists now, for as long or longer? We are old in terms of political systems.
quarterexchange
Posts: 1,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 5:49:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If the governments of Germany, England, or South Korea didn't want U.S. military bases in their territory we would leave. When Libya turned into a U.S. enemy we simply closed our bases and left. Also I heard that a good amount of military bases in Europe are leased to us as a form of payment for the large amount of aid we gave them in WW2.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
Aaronroy
Posts: 749
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 10:22:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 9:46:31 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Where is the vehemence from the same Anti-War movement we saw during Bush's years in the White House when the same wars are still being fought under Obama's watch?

Seems odd that everyone is curiously silent when their guy gets voted in to office, yet took 2 1/2 years to even begin pulling troops out of Iraq, hasn't closed Guantanamo as promised, is still embroiled in a lengthy war in Afghanistan, and even covertly sends US forces on to the soil of an ally nation to assassinate people without consent of that sovereign government.

Seems odd that so few from the Left is not enraged. And yet.... silence in deference for their messiah.

I find it a bit weird, as well. As soon as a Left-democratic has office and war erupts, every Democratic man, woman and state-tested child is all for war in Libya? Next thing you know is that they'll be supporting tax cuts... *present reference, derp derp*
turn down for h'what
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 10:31:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 5:02:27 PM, innomen wrote:
At 9/16/2011 4:58:14 PM, Tiel wrote:
The left and the right are both corrupt and incompetent towards turning this country into what it needs to be. Though everyone's version of what it needs to be will be different... There is only one way in which it can be sustainable and healthy in the long run. If we don't change our national mindset in politics, the nation will collapse. We've only been around for about 235 years. We're infants. Other nations have toe nail clippings older than us. Time to look at what we're doing and redesign our approach. Either this or one of two things are probable to happen. 1.) Another entity will conquer us when we are weak. 2.) Another civil war will break out. A revolution that makes changes through war, instead of intelligent redesign.

Name a country that has had the same form of government that exists now, for as long or longer? We are old in terms of political systems.

The same? Hardly any specific government can be compared equally with another anytime throughout history. What a government is labeled as and how a government actually functions are two different things most of the time. Our system is based off of the republic design. There have been plenty of republic designs throughout history. All great nations fall from greed and corruption. America would be wise to not make the same mistake.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 10:35:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 12:44:54 PM, Kinesis wrote:
I don't think the left are particularly happy about Obama's track record either. They're just more terrified by the religious nuts running for the republican nomination. Obama is going to win 2012 purely on the weakness of his opponents.

*cough* Ron Paul.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus