Jump to topic:

GOP Florida Debate

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 1:57:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
There will be a GOP debate tonight in Florida followed by a straw poll. This may be one of the most important straw polls because in the past, everyone who won the straw poll became President.

Florida has 29 electoral votes and is also a swing state and can decide elections. The Ron Paul camp knows this and says Ron Paul is looking to make a name for himself tonight.

A surprise tonight will be Gary Johnsons participation in the debate. Some Paul supporters are worried that his attendance will take some of Ron Pauls shine away as being the only Libertarian. He will also be eating up Pauls time if he is even given any questions.

I however don't think people should be worried. His support is next to zero, his answers aren't memorable and doesn't hype anyone. I doubt people will even learn tonight that Johnson is a Libertarian because they'll probably just not listen to pay attention to what he says with his lack of charisma and energy, something Ron Paul excels greatly in.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Joseph_Mengele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 2:22:36 PM
At 9/22/2011 1:57:53 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
There will be a GOP debate tonight in Florida followed by a straw poll. This may be one of the most important straw polls because in the past, everyone who won the straw poll became President.

Florida has 29 electoral votes and is also a swing state and can decide elections. The Ron Paul camp knows this and says Ron Paul is looking to make a name for himself tonight.

A surprise tonight will be Gary Johnsons participation in the debate. Some Paul supporters are worried that his attendance will take some of Ron Pauls shine away as being the only Libertarian. He will also be eating up Pauls time if he is even given any questions.

I however don't think people should be worried. His support is next to zero, his answers aren't memorable and doesn't hype anyone. I doubt people will even learn tonight that Johnson is a Libertarian because they'll probably just not listen to pay attention to what he says with his lack of charisma and energy, something Ron Paul excels greatly in.

I really hope Ron Paul becomes President, thats all I'm saying.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 2:24:24 PM
Just found out, the beautiful Megyn Kelly of Fox News will be a debate moderator joining Chris Wallace and Brett Baier.

Wallace and Kelly are brutal so expect the candidates to get grilled.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Joseph_Mengele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 2:30:06 PM
At 9/22/2011 2:24:24 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Just found out, the beautiful Megyn Kelly of Fox News will be a debate moderator joining Chris Wallace and Brett Baier.

The only person out of those three who I mostly have a problem with is Brett Baier.

If anyone watches and/or knows of Jon Stewart and watch his show regularly, then they should know of what I'm about to say.

Jon Stewart had a clip of Ron Paul during some GOP debate with Ron Paul saying that the multible wars that the U.S. is involved is basically, giving our money away. After you hear the croud go crazy from Ron Paul's response, the camera goes back to Brett Baier who then made this "smirk".

I really hope Brett and/or any other moderator in this debate doesn't do any such thing as that.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 4:17:45 PM
Debate is on tonight at 9PM Eastern, 6PM Pacific on FOX News
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 4:48:45 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Geo will declare Ron Paul the obvious winner of the debate, and that he clearly dominates the other candidates in every way.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 4:56:15 PM
At 9/22/2011 4:48:45 PM, innomen wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Geo will declare Ron Paul the obvious winner of the debate, and that he clearly dominates the other candidates in every way.

This is true.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 4:58:18 PM
At 9/22/2011 2:24:24 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Megyn Kelly is crazy and has a terrible attitude. She never really allows her opponent to finish what they are saying.

Clip one shows how Megyn Kelly had no idea what she was talking about.

Clip two shows Megyn Kelly strawmanning liberals by interviewing a code pink retard.

Clip three shows Megyn Kelly trying to cut off the **** of guys. How do feel about that Geo?!
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 6:23:01 PM
At 9/22/2011 4:58:18 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Megyn Kelly is crazy and has a terrible attitude. She never really allows her opponent to finish what they are saying.

How do feel about that Geo?!

I care that Megyn Kelly treats Ron Paul pretty well.

See here:
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 10:20:41 PM
Tonight: The opportunity FOX allowed each candidate to speak:
Romney– 16
Perry– 11
Bachmann– 9
Huntsman– 9
Santorum– 9
Gingritch– 7
Cain– 7
Paul– 6
Johnson– 5

Unfair and unbalanced. Paul is averaging #3 in national polls behind Romney and Perry. Now everyone's going to talk about how Romney won and Perry lost or vice versa. If Paul was given even CLOSE to a relatively similar amount of things to talk about, it would be a different story. And of course anyone who complains about this on behalf of Paul is just one of those crazy "Paulbots"...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 10:27:59 PM
Ron Paul: I am just running on George Bush's foreign policy (the one that caused the recession), the media are scared of my views (no sh!t, how can they not be?).
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 10:30:47 PM
At 9/22/2011 10:27:59 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Ron Paul: I am just running on George Bush's foreign policy (the one that caused the recession), the media are scared of my views (no sh!t, how can they not be?).

Ron Paul is running directly against G Bush's foreign policy...
President of DDO
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 10:40:57 PM

If your profile is correct that you are a liberal and you support Barack Obama, then he's also running on Barack Obama's foreign policy - the one Obama campaigned on, at least. Needless to say, he blatantly lied, and there is little, if any difference between his foreign policy and GWB's. But actually, Bush ran on a "humble" foreign policy in 2000. No more policing the world, no more nation building. The same exact pattern repeated with Barack Obama - Bush might as well still be running our foreign policy.

Ron Paul has proven to be incorruptible. He is not a sell out, no matter what you say about him. If you don't understand why the mainstream media will not support that, you have a lot of waking up to do.

So sorry, with all due respect, the foreign policy part of your statement is just wrong.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 10:43:29 PM
At 9/22/2011 10:40:57 PM, jat93 wrote:
If your profile is correct that you are a liberal and you support Barack Obama, then he's also running on Barack Obama's foreign policy - the one Obama campaigned on, at least.

Wow, I'm sorry - my train of thought was to mention that if your profile is correct, and you're a liberal Obama supporter, you should know that Ron Paul's foreign policy is almost directly in line with what Obama campaigned on. Regardless of whether of not you're a liberal Obama supporter, Paul is still campaigning on that foreign policy, haha.
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 5:07:30 PM
Ron Paul has proven to be incorruptible. He is not a sell out, no matter what you say about him.

I would think that's just because he never has/never will get to a position where we might see if he'll follow through.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 5:57:15 PM
At 9/23/2011 5:07:30 PM, LeafRod wrote:
Ron Paul has proven to be incorruptible. He is not a sell out, no matter what you say about him.

I would think that's just because he never has/never will get to a position where we might see if he'll follow through.

Completely false. He has proven to be incorruptible by standing firm to his beliefs and not backing down in the face of almost constant ridicule, derision, and scorn from the entire political world and the mainstream media since the last election cycle. Not to mention that this more or less applies to his entire 3 decade long political career; though he certainly wasn't as much in the spotlight, the snide, condescending laughter with which most political and media figures have treated him was always there.

For 30 years, his beliefs and votes have been absolutely, 100% consistent. In 2007/2008, he was the butt of seemingly endless political jokes, from Democrats and Republicans alike. It seemed as if Dr. Paul had the worst of both worlds: the Democrats could only focus on his heartlessness for advocating more personal liberty and less government interference, while all the Republicans could talk about were his supposed "blaming" of America for terrorism and his non-interventionist foreign policy.

In the face of constant mockery from pundits and politicians and debate crowds, he consistently and proudly stuck to his message. He never backed down even when it would have been extremely politically convenient for him to do so. He never back-peddled like almost all politicians do all the time to deny or revise statements they made in the past that might negatively impact their political career.

Ron Paul tells what he firmly believes is the truth, whether people want to hear it or not. Even recently, when he has become significantly more mainstream and popular among the average electorate (averaging about #3 in national polls these days!), he was booed at a Tea Party debate for simply stating what Osama Bin Laden said was the reason behind the 9/11 attacks, and for suggesting that if the terrorists are straight out telling us why they're committing violent acts against us, maybe it would be in our best interest to listen.

But he spoke over the of boos, saying that he felt the American people had to understand the root of many terrorist acts that harm Americans national security. Whether they like it or not.

And it is noteworthy that he's earned the nickname "Dr. No" for his refusal to vote for anything that violates the Constitution. Many times he has been the sole "no" vote on such legislature. Peer pressure exists even in the political world, not just among school kids... Perhaps even more so in the political world. But Paul has never succumbed to it. Not from the pressure of his fellow politicians, media pundits, debate crowds, nothing.

So I think you're wrong, and it's very safe to say that Ron Paul has proven his incorruptibility. Whether you love him or hate him, it's obvious that he will never sell out. And this makes him a political anomaly.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 9:03:09 PM

No, he said he's running on George Bush's PLATFORM. Ron Paul even clarified that he's running on GW's 2000 platform, yet the media fears him because he's actually serious about what he says. Clearly Bush didn't believe in his own campaign platform and neither did Obama.

The point Ron Paul trying to make is that his campaign message shouldn't be viewed as crazy and unpopular because past Presidents have ran on the same message and won.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 9:22:45 PM
I've got to give Ron Paul props for being the only one with enough guts to say "No Child Left Behind." The others were damn near speaking code.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 11:17:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com...

Here's where you can vote on responses. I'm kind of annoyed that for Ron Paul's response regarding the 10th Amendment, they ask about his opinion on war. He never even mentioned the wars in his response.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 1:11:35 AM
I found it odd that they never asked Gary Johnson about the border. He was former governor of NEW MEXICO.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 6:47:41 PM
At 9/24/2011 1:11:35 AM, mongoose wrote:
I found it odd that they never asked Gary Johnson about the border. He was former governor of NEW MEXICO.

Eh, not surprised when these debates are more or less the Perry/Romney show. Last time they asked the same question about the Federal Reserve to about 5 of the candidates and stopped before asking Ron Paul. Which is the most ridiculous thing ever. While the mainstream media might not hate Johnson as much as they do Paul, they're certainly never going to be his best friend. If he had more support and more of a shot, he'd get same media treatment as Paul.

Point is though, not surprised about that because you can't expect the media to ask the right questions to Paul or Johnson.