Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

Rick Perry Is Falling Out of the Race

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 5:27:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Rick Perry reached his climax and is only on a rapid decline. All pundits including Conservatives said he failed in the last two debates and doesn't have what it takes. That's why Conservatives are now looking to Chris Christie for refuge as a last resort. Too bad he ain't running.
Rick Perry is the establishment guy who had the strongest chance, but his underperformances may force Conservatives to go to Ron Paul and will be a race between Romney and Paul. Romney the Mormon can't win and excites no one.

Romney and Perry have been predicted to be like Guilliani and Frank Thompson of the 2008 primaries in which they were the two front runners who fell out of the race making way for McCain.

Remember the candidate last election who bad the large youth support? Yeah, he won. Who has the largest youth support and excitement this time? Ron Paul.

Obama had nowhere near as much support as Paul did at this point in the race during September 2007. Obama was probably considered even more of a long shot than Ron Paul was back in the beginning.

I honestly don't see Perry dropping put anytime soon because he has so much money invested in this but I do think his efforts will and already have backfired. The Conservatives actually booed Rick Perry in the most recent debate. That's saying something.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 5:31:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 5:27:15 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Who has the largest youth support and excitement this time? Ron Paul.

Source?
President of DDO
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 5:33:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
the real problem i see is paul making it through the primaries.

all the prestigious republicans who really have something to lose vote during the primaries. all the youth that support him are likely registered democrats or no party, so that means switching parties just to vote on primaries in most states, which most people probably won't do.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 5:45:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The Hill posted an article titled: "When Perry Drops Out: Ron Paul Could Be Second Place."
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 5:50:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
As Perry's numbers are falling, Romney's are going up. This indicates that many Perry supporters are go [back] to Romney. Ron Paul is not seeing any boost and is actually seeing some droppings. This is indicating that people are not flocking to him.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com...
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 5:52:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 5:33:26 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
the real problem i see is paul making it through the primaries.

all the prestigious republicans who really have something to lose vote during the primaries. all the youth that support him are likely registered democrats or no party, so that means switching parties just to vote on primaries in most states, which most people probably won't do.

That would explain why Ron Paul is popular on the internet, but not in real life.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 5:55:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 5:45:19 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Hill posted an article titled: "When Perry Drops Out: Ron Paul Could Be Second Place."

What Ore_Ele said. This also doesn't prove that Ron Paul has a ton of youth support. I'd argue that the vast majority of the youth still support Obama.
President of DDO
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 5:57:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Paul can't win the hawk vote unless he flip flops on his foreign policy. That's a big problem for him in the primaries.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 5:57:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 5:52:02 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 9/27/2011 5:33:26 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
the real problem i see is paul making it through the primaries.

all the prestigious republicans who really have something to lose vote during the primaries. all the youth that support him are likely registered democrats or no party, so that means switching parties just to vote on primaries in most states, which most people probably won't do.

That would explain why Ron Paul is popular on the internet, but not in real life.

Is that why Ron Paul just sold out the largest night club hall previously home to Mick Jagger and Madonna in the very Liberal state of New York?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 5:59:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 5:57:48 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 9/27/2011 5:52:02 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 9/27/2011 5:33:26 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
the real problem i see is paul making it through the primaries.

all the prestigious republicans who really have something to lose vote during the primaries. all the youth that support him are likely registered democrats or no party, so that means switching parties just to vote on primaries in most states, which most people probably won't do.

That would explain why Ron Paul is popular on the internet, but not in real life.

Is that why Ron Paul just sold out the largest night club hall previously home to Mick Jagger and Madonna in the very Liberal state of New York?

People like to watch train wrecks and crazy people, what can I say.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 6:51:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 5:57:48 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Is that why Ron Paul just sold out the largest night club hall previously home to Mick Jagger and Madonna in the very Liberal state of New York?

Obviously the 1,800 people who showed up did so because they already support him... just like Obama addressed a sold out crowd of 3,000 at a Democratic National Committee fundraiser last year. Is this supposed to prove something?
President of DDO
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 9:14:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
"A new Harris Interactive poll released today reveals that Congressman Ron Paul would defeat Barack Obama 51-49 in a hypothetical run off, one of only two Republican candidates who would stand a good chance of preventing Obama from securing a second term in the White House.

Only Ron Paul and Mitt Romney would beat Obama, according to the poll, which found that Obama would defeat every other Republican candidate, including Rick Perry."

http://www.infowars.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 11:24:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Geo....I know you like Ron Paul. I kind a like him too... thats why this is so hard to break this too you........
......
....
Ron Paul is a short grumpy old man.
un-hide-ably so even.
America will elect a woman president
a morman president
a black woman president
a hisanic president
a gay president
a foriegn austrien president
an american idol president
and this guy http://www.google.com...

...before they elect short little grumpy old man. that particular glass ceiling does not even have chips in it, its not going to fall in soon.

If Ron Paul just had one of those problems. if he was just old, or if he was just grumpy, or if he was just short and little.
It would also help if he could make public speeches rather than public tangents.
what I mean by that is you have to be at least a little smart to follow along with Ron Paul when he gets his time to speak. and while thats fine for us smart people, most people are not smart, in fact they are kind of dumb.

the majority of people, the dumb people, they digest simple short messages that sound like what they want too hear but without much details. given anything more they vomit and complain about how they don't like politics or the news.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 11:47:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 8:42:48 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Obama won because the global elitist Zbigniew Brzezinski hand-picked Obama early on to become President.

Geo, I'm dying to know - if the Illuminati's evil elite are responsible for choosing the president regardless of what the public wants, then why the fvck does it matter if some poll sampling a measly 2,000 people said Ron Paul might beat Obama by a 2 point margin? Isn't it ALREADY DECIDED who is going to win the 2012 election? It seems the Illuminati don't like Ron Paul, right? And by your assessment they like Obama... so why do you think Paul is going to win? I smell a contradiction.
President of DDO
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 12:36:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 11:47:21 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 9/27/2011 8:42:48 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Obama won because the global elitist Zbigniew Brzezinski hand-picked Obama early on to become President.

Geo, I'm dying to know - if the Illuminati's evil elite are responsible for choosing the president regardless of what the public wants, then why the fvck does it matter if some poll sampling a measly 2,000 people said Ron Paul might beat Obama by a 2 point margin? Isn't it ALREADY DECIDED who is going to win the 2012 election? It seems the Illuminati don't like Ron Paul, right? And by your assessment they like Obama... so why do you think Paul is going to win? I smell a contradiction.

SUPER WIN!
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 1:04:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 11:47:21 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 9/27/2011 8:42:48 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Obama won because the global elitist Zbigniew Brzezinski hand-picked Obama early on to become President.

Geo, I'm dying to know - if the Illuminati's evil elite are responsible for choosing the president regardless of what the public wants, then why the fvck does it matter if some poll sampling a measly 2,000 people said Ron Paul might beat Obama by a 2 point margin? Isn't it ALREADY DECIDED who is going to win the 2012 election? It seems the Illuminati don't like Ron Paul, right? And by your assessment they like Obama... so why do you think Paul is going to win? I smell a contradiction.

Because the good guys always win in the movies :).
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 3:38:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 11:47:21 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 9/27/2011 8:42:48 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Obama won because the global elitist Zbigniew Brzezinski hand-picked Obama early on to become President.

Geo, I'm dying to know - if the Illuminati's evil elite are responsible for choosing the president regardless of what the public wants, then why the fvck does it matter if some poll sampling a measly 2,000 people said Ron Paul might beat Obama by a 2 point margin? Isn't it ALREADY DECIDED who is going to win the 2012 election? It seems the Illuminati don't like Ron Paul, right? And by your assessment they like Obama... so why do you think Paul is going to win? I smell a contradiction.

As Tsarion rightly said, evil always contains within itself the seeds of its own destruction. Also, the Illuminati pick who they want to be the President, not by rigging the voting system, but by shaping public opinion and at least making sure there are more than one Illuminati favored candidate so that if one of their men loses, the other gets the win (see Kerry vs. Bush).

Alex Jones addressed the very issue you brought up in fact and said that the global elites can't win despite their devious efforts if Ron Paul wins by a landslide. The Illuminati don't control every single worker who works in every single vote booth in the nation in order to ensure a win. They use mass media manipulation and teach their candidates mind control speech patterns to help mesmerize voters (see Obama) and possess a "cult of personality."
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 9:58:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/28/2011 3:38:45 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
As Tsarion rightly said, evil always contains within itself the seeds of its own destruction. Also, the Illuminati pick who they want to be the President, not by rigging the voting system, but by shaping public opinion and at least making sure there are more than one Illuminati favored candidate so that if one of their men loses, the other gets the win (see Kerry vs. Bush).

Alex Jones addressed the very issue you brought up in fact and said that the global elites can't win despite their devious efforts if Ron Paul wins by a landslide. The Illuminati don't control every single worker who works in every single vote booth in the nation in order to ensure a win. They use mass media manipulation and teach their candidates mind control speech patterns to help mesmerize voters (see Obama) and possess a "cult of personality."

Geo, what you described is the psychology of marketing. None of that indicates Illuminati involvement whatsoever. Also, you said that Zbigniew Brzezinski hand-picked Obama to become President. Who has Zbigniew Brzezinski hand-picked this time? And if these so-called brainwashing methods are truly responsible (though there are no guarantees, because voter opinion can change for plethora of reasons), then why won't it work this time? Why didn't Ron Paul win last time? He ran in 2008 as well. What is so different this time around? If you say the visibility of Ron Paul, then you have already defeated your own argument. It proves that marketing would be responsible for the winner - not who the Illuminati supports. That would mean they don't really have "control," do they. Just influence. Just like all rich people have influence. It's also pretty amusing that you think if the Illuminati's main candidate didn't win, that the actual winner is ALSO supported by the Illuminati lol. That's very convenient, eh? And I suppose you think this is "proof" of the Illuminati rather than just a flawed two-party system. Haha, I appreciate your input. You crack me up.
President of DDO
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 9:30:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 5:27:15 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Rick Perry reached his climax and is only on a rapid decline. All pundits including Conservatives said he failed in the last two debates and doesn't have what it takes. That's why Conservatives are now looking to Chris Christie for refuge as a last resort. Too bad he ain't running.
Rick Perry is the establishment guy who had the strongest chance, but his underperformances may force Conservatives to go to Ron Paul and will be a race between Romney and Paul. Romney the Mormon can't win and excites no one.

Romney and Perry have been predicted to be like Guilliani and Frank Thompson of the 2008 primaries in which they were the two front runners who fell out of the race making way for McCain.

Remember the candidate last election who bad the large youth support? Yeah, he won. Who has the largest youth support and excitement this time? Ron Paul.

Obama had nowhere near as much support as Paul did at this point in the race during September 2007. Obama was probably considered even more of a long shot than Ron Paul was back in the beginning.

I honestly don't see Perry dropping put anytime soon because he has so much money invested in this but I do think his efforts will and already have backfired. The Conservatives actually booed Rick Perry in the most recent debate. That's saying something.


I agree. Obama will get reelected.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 3:14:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I've pretty much given up on the man, i.e. Paul. He sucks at politics and says things in the debates that will prevent him from ever being president. Politics is the art of the possible, and Paul is a poor artist in that he doesn't refrain from saying things that cause people to label him as a kook, or fringe. A candidate wins by appealing to the most number of people, and Paul has very little interest in doing that. He gets very high points for integrity, but when has integrity had anything to do with getting elected?
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 3:22:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I see Paul's problem as the same problem Romney has - he's too limited to a certain base. And unlike Romney, who has attempted to court conservative voters by moving to the right a tad, Paul seems to assume his positions as they are will carry him through when they never have outside of his district, which I still can't figure out why they like the guy (is he a good rep?).

Paul has so much integrity that it stops him from being something appealing to those outside of his core. Fact is, with a little less integrity he could probably compromise on certain issues, win over swing GOPers, and make a race of it.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 3:32:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/30/2011 3:22:42 AM, Volkov wrote:
I see Paul's problem as the same problem Romney has - he's too limited to a certain base. And unlike Romney, who has attempted to court conservative voters by moving to the right a tad, Paul seems to assume his positions as they are will carry him through when they never have outside of his district, which I still can't figure out why they like the guy (is he a good rep?).

Paul has so much integrity that it stops him from being something appealing to those outside of his core. Fact is, with a little less integrity he could probably compromise on certain issues, win over swing GOPers, and make a race of it.

Exactly. That's how you play the game, and win; otherwise you lose.
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 8:19:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 5:27:15 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Rick Perry reached his climax and is only on a rapid decline. All pundits including Conservatives said he failed in the last two debates and doesn't have what it takes. That's why Conservatives are now looking to Chris Christie for refuge as a last resort. Too bad he ain't running.
Rick Perry is the establishment guy who had the strongest chance, but his underperformances may force Conservatives to go to Ron Paul and will be a race between Romney and Paul. Romney the Mormon can't win and excites no one.

Romney and Perry have been predicted to be like Guilliani and Frank Thompson of the 2008 primaries in which they were the two front runners who fell out of the race making way for McCain.

Remember the candidate last election who bad the large youth support? Yeah, he won. Who has the largest youth support and excitement this time? Ron Paul.

Obama had nowhere near as much support as Paul did at this point in the race during September 2007. Obama was probably considered even more of a long shot than Ron Paul was back in the beginning.

I honestly don't see Perry dropping put anytime soon because he has so much money invested in this but I do think his efforts will and already have backfired. The Conservatives actually booed Rick Perry in the most recent debate. That's saying something.


You are correct. He has been exposed and he will not recover from this.