Total Posts:54|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Real Reason Obama Won in 2008

jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 8:11:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So, Obama supporters (who are much less enthusastic now) all used to say that Obama won the 2008 election because he "inspired a generation"...

However, that is not true. He actually won because he gained solidarity among both blacks and hispanics... and a lack of solidarity among whites, and even middle and upper class whites...

In 2008, over 95% of the African American Population voted for Barack Obama and 67% of Latinos voted for Obama. Now, let's be honest here. The reason they voted for Obama is that he pander to these blocs.

Increasing social programs, affirmative action, etc.... Plus, as an African American, Obama would have more dedication to these issues. This is called solidarity.

And then, of course, Hispanics overwhelmingly voted Democrat. Due to Hispanics being less liberal and the fact that Obama was not Hispanic, there was less solidarity here... but there was still 2/3s of the population voting for Barack Obama...

The reason?

He was more likely to grant amnesty to illegal immigrants and allow access to the US welfare state, which he planned to make more generous.

In contrast, the white population showed no solidarity. Only 55% voted for Mccain. Well, to be fair, Obama certainly played to the whites in poverty as much as any group...

So, even taking only whites who made above $50,000 a year, Mccain only won 56% of these. This group took up about half of the voting population. Even though Mccain's policies offered more direct benefit to this group...

To summarize, Barack Obama won the 2008 election because of a lack of solidarity in the white middle and upper classes... and a strong solidarity among African Americnans, and even hispanics.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 8:25:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
You say that Obama won because he got 95% of the so-called "black vote." Gore also got 95% of the black vote and lost, and Kerry with 93% of the black vote lost. However it's true that black people voted in higher volumes than in the past. I don't think this is particularly relevant considering the Electoral College votes for the president - not the popular vote. The rest of what you said about Obama catering to the impoverished, so to speak, is entirely irrelevant because THAT'S WHAT DEMOCRATS DO. They support social programs.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 8:28:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Also, are you suggesting that white people should have solidified in support of McCain just because he is also white? That is ridiculous. Obama won the largest share of white support of any Democrat in a two-man race since 1976. What you're suggesting is sad. I would hope that (gawd forbid) if Michelle Bachmann won the Republican nomination, that you wouldn't want or expect all women to join in solidarity and vote for her just because she has a vagina.
President of DDO
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 8:35:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 8:28:42 PM, Danielle wrote:
Also, are you suggesting that white people should have solidified in support of McCain just because he is also white? That is ridiculous. Obama won the largest share of white support of any Democrat in a two-man race since 1976. What you're suggesting is sad. I would hope that (gawd forbid) if Michelle Bachmann won the Republican nomination, that you wouldn't want or expect all women to join in solidarity and vote for her just because she has a vagina.

Lol, no

I was just pointing out that half (49%) of voters were White and made over $50,000 dollars a year.... Now, minorities voted for Obama because his policies were aimed at helping them

Yet, this group of middle and upper class whites did not vote for Mccain whose policies would have given more direct benefit to them
President of DDO
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 8:36:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 8:28:42 PM, Danielle wrote:
I would hope that (gawd forbid) if Michelle Bachmann won the Republican nomination, that you wouldn't want or expect all women to join in solidarity and vote for her just because she has a vagina.

no, no, no.. That's what Clinton was hoping for.

also...
At 9/27/2011 8:25:26 PM, Danielle wrote:
Electoral College votes for the president - not the popular vote.

the popular vote in each State matters.. for each statewide popular vote decides how that state's electoral college members vote (de facto, and mostly de jure too).

Black people voting in higher quantities DOES matter for how those 'deciders' the electoral college will vote...

what are you talking about?? :/
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 8:38:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 8:36:19 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
Black people voting in higher quantities DOES matter for how those 'deciders' the electoral college will vote...

Given their continued 'voting block' solidarity.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 8:42:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Obama won because the global elitist Zbigniew Brzezinski hand-picked Obama early on to become President.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 8:44:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 8:42:48 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Zbigniew Brzezinski

is that russian, polish, or reptilian?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 8:44:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 8:42:48 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Obama won because the global elitist Zbigniew Brzezinski hand-picked Obama early on to become President.

This actually makes more sense than the "Obama inspired a generation" nonsense...
President of DDO
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 9:21:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 8:11:05 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
So, Obama supporters (who are much less enthusastic now) all used to say that Obama won the 2008 election because he "inspired a generation"...

However, that is not true. He actually won because he gained solidarity among both blacks and hispanics... and a lack of solidarity among whites, and even middle and upper class whites...


In 2008, over 95% of the African American Population voted for Barack Obama and 67% of Latinos voted for Obama. Now, let's be honest here. The reason they voted for Obama is that he pander to these blocs.

Increasing social programs, affirmative action, etc.... Plus, as an African American, Obama would have more dedication to these issues. This is called solidarity.

And then, of course, Hispanics overwhelmingly voted Democrat. Due to Hispanics being less liberal and the fact that Obama was not Hispanic, there was less solidarity here... but there was still 2/3s of the population voting for Barack Obama...

The reason?

He was more likely to grant amnesty to illegal immigrants and allow access to the US welfare state, which he planned to make more generous.

In contrast, the white population showed no solidarity. Only 55% voted for Mccain. Well, to be fair, Obama certainly played to the whites in poverty as much as any group...

So, even taking only whites who made above $50,000 a year, Mccain only won 56% of these. This group took up about half of the voting population. Even though Mccain's policies offered more direct benefit to this group...

To summarize, Barack Obama won the 2008 election because of a lack of solidarity in the white middle and upper classes... and a strong solidarity among African Americnans, and even hispanics.

43% of whites voted Obumber
95% of blacks voted Obumber
67% of Hispanics voted Obumber
66% of Asians voted Obumber

55% of whites voted McCain
4% of blacks voted McCain
31% of Hispanics voted McCain
35% of Asians voted McCain

Obumber had 66% of the 18-19 yo vote
Obumber had 52% of the 30-44 yo vote
Obumber had 49% of the 45-59 yo vote
Obumber had 47% of the 60 yo and up vote

McCain had 32% of the 18-19 yo vote
McCain had46% of the 30-44 yo vote
McCain had 49% of the 45-59 yo vote
McCain had 51% of the 60 yo and up vote

I think the 18-19 yo vote had more of an impact, however 95% of the black vote really does help.

It was probably a combination of things. such as;
Bush's bad rep
1st black president
1st women VP
McCain being older

than you have to take into account the socialist nuts, the Eco-nuts, and the unions.

speaking of unions, I'm still shocked there was no investigation into the voter fraud by Acorn, seeing as they was connected to Obama.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 9:29:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 9:21:58 PM, DanT wrote:
At 9/27/2011 8:11:05 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
So, Obama supporters (who are much less enthusastic now) all used to say that Obama won the 2008 election because he "inspired a generation"...

However, that is not true. He actually won because he gained solidarity among both blacks and hispanics... and a lack of solidarity among whites, and even middle and upper class whites...


In 2008, over 95% of the African American Population voted for Barack Obama and 67% of Latinos voted for Obama. Now, let's be honest here. The reason they voted for Obama is that he pander to these blocs.

Increasing social programs, affirmative action, etc.... Plus, as an African American, Obama would have more dedication to these issues. This is called solidarity.

And then, of course, Hispanics overwhelmingly voted Democrat. Due to Hispanics being less liberal and the fact that Obama was not Hispanic, there was less solidarity here... but there was still 2/3s of the population voting for Barack Obama...

The reason?

He was more likely to grant amnesty to illegal immigrants and allow access to the US welfare state, which he planned to make more generous.

In contrast, the white population showed no solidarity. Only 55% voted for Mccain. Well, to be fair, Obama certainly played to the whites in poverty as much as any group...

So, even taking only whites who made above $50,000 a year, Mccain only won 56% of these. This group took up about half of the voting population. Even though Mccain's policies offered more direct benefit to this group...

To summarize, Barack Obama won the 2008 election because of a lack of solidarity in the white middle and upper classes... and a strong solidarity among African Americnans, and even hispanics.


43% of whites voted Obumber
95% of blacks voted Obumber
67% of Hispanics voted Obumber
66% of Asians voted Obumber

55% of whites voted McCain
4% of blacks voted McCain
31% of Hispanics voted McCain
35% of Asians voted McCain

Obumber had 66% of the 18-19 yo vote
Obumber had 52% of the 30-44 yo vote
Obumber had 49% of the 45-59 yo vote
Obumber had 47% of the 60 yo and up vote

McCain had 32% of the 18-19 yo vote
McCain had46% of the 30-44 yo vote
McCain had 49% of the 45-59 yo vote
McCain had 51% of the 60 yo and up vote


I think the 18-19 yo vote had more of an impact, however 95% of the black vote really does help.


It was probably a combination of things. such as;
Bush's bad rep
1st black president
1st women VP
McCain being older


than you have to take into account the socialist nuts, the Eco-nuts, and the unions.

speaking of unions, I'm still shocked there was no investigation into the voter fraud by Acorn, seeing as they was connected to Obama.

Yes, and, lol, Bush sucked...

But, I think the largest fact is that Obama played directly to the interests of the minorities and the working class...

Of course, anyone who knows history knows most of his policies will lead to significantly worse conditions for nearly everyone... But, as HL Mencken saud:

"The Common Man's a fool"
President of DDO
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 10:01:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 8:42:48 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Obama won because the global elitist Zbigniew Brzezinski hand-picked Obama early on to become President.

Actually, the news media put significant pressure to put Obama in the spot light. Howevever, I think it is because the news organizations wanted a story, and what makes a better story then a black man running for president.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 10:15:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I think Obama won because people were tired of Bush, and McCain was essentially a carbon copy of him. I think the race factor helped, but if he was white I still think Obama would've won in 2008. Perhaps not by as much, but he would've still won.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 10:31:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 10:15:04 PM, thett3 wrote:
I think Obama won because people were tired of Bush, and McCain was essentially a carbon copy of him.

This is 100% true. As for race, I don't think it played a role. Jimtimmy makes the mistake of assuming that all minorities are poor. He classifies people into Black, Hispanics, rich Whites, and poor Whites. How ridiculous is that?
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 10:47:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 10:31:47 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 9/27/2011 10:15:04 PM, thett3 wrote:
I think Obama won because people were tired of Bush, and McCain was essentially a carbon copy of him.

This is 100% true. As for race, I don't think it played a role. Jimtimmy makes the mistake of assuming that all minorities are poor. He classifies people into Black, Hispanics, rich Whites, and poor Whites. How ridiculous is that?

That is ridiculous!!!

Too bad that that is not at all what I said.

The fact is that minorities, on average, are poorer than whites.

Also, birds of a feather flock together...

People tend to look out for people more genetically close to them

This means that even rich blacks will likely vote to help poor blacks... and poor whites will not be as likely to vote themselves money from rich whites

If you look at the numbers, you can see that America is much more divided along race lines than it is along class lines... This is because people tend to want to help those that share similiar genes.

The problem I am pointing out is that blacks and hispanics have much more of this solidarity than whites, which could lead to policies that are very bad... even if they are good for minorities in the short term
President of DDO
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 11:28:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 10:47:57 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/27/2011 10:31:47 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 9/27/2011 10:15:04 PM, thett3 wrote:
I think Obama won because people were tired of Bush, and McCain was essentially a carbon copy of him.

This is 100% true. As for race, I don't think it played a role. Jimtimmy makes the mistake of assuming that all minorities are poor. He classifies people into Black, Hispanics, rich Whites, and poor Whites. How ridiculous is that?

That is ridiculous!!!

Too bad that that is not at all what I said.

The fact is that minorities, on average, are poorer than whites.

Also, birds of a feather flock together...

People tend to look out for people more genetically close to them

This means that even rich blacks will likely vote to help poor blacks... and poor whites will not be as likely to vote themselves money from rich whites

If you look at the numbers, you can see that America is much more divided along race lines than it is along class lines... This is because people tend to want to help those that share similiar genes.

The problem I am pointing out is that blacks and hispanics have much more of this solidarity than whites, which could lead to policies that are very bad... even if they are good for minorities in the short term

Then why do blacks vote almost exclusively democrat?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 11:31:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 8:42:48 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Obama won because the global elitist Zbigniew Brzezinski hand-picked Obama early on to become President.

Behind the Op's, this is the 2nd dumbest post on this thread. You may add this post too itself, but it would still be third. :p
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 11:40:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 11:31:42 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/27/2011 8:42:48 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Obama won because the global elitist Zbigniew Brzezinski hand-picked Obama early on to become President.

Behind the Op's, this is the 2nd dumbest post on this thread. You may add this post too itself, but it would still be third. :p

I think your questions in chemistry help are the dumbest posts on the forums :p. Really you should just use yahoo answers instead of DDDO if you want to save face that you can't do basic math.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 11:42:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 10:47:57 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
This means that even rich blacks will likely vote to help poor blacks... and poor whites will not be as likely to vote themselves money from rich whites

So how do you explain every white Democratic president that came before Obama? Honestly I just can't take this thread seriously. Obama won for a plethora of reasons. His race certainly played a factor, and worked both for AND against him - probably mostly for him. However John McCain got a lot of support for being a war veteran. He's such a maverick, right? But what does that have to do with being an effective president? Nothing, just like race doesn't. Yet some people still voted for him or endorsed him based on his military service. People from both sides have all kinds of ridiculous qualifications for what they think will make a good president.

If you look at the numbers, you can see that America is much more divided along race lines than it is along class lines... This is because people tend to want to help those that share similiar genes.

FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 11:44:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 8:36:19 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
the popular vote in each State matters.. for each statewide popular vote decides how that state's electoral college members vote (de facto, and mostly de jure too).

Black people voting in higher quantities DOES matter for how those 'deciders' the electoral college will vote...

what are you talking about?? :/

No, not in every state. In some states, an elector can theoretically vote for whomever they want (while some states mandate they vote for who they pledged for). But this point is kind of irrelevant.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 11:44:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 8:42:48 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Obama won because the global elitist Zbigniew Brzezinski hand-picked Obama early on to become President.

Omg LOL
President of DDO
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 11:47:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 11:42:58 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 9/27/2011 10:47:57 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
This means that even rich blacks will likely vote to help poor blacks... and poor whites will not be as likely to vote themselves money from rich whites

So how do you explain every white Democratic president that came before Obama? Honestly I just can't take this thread seriously. Obama won for a plethora of reasons. His race certainly played a factor, and worked both for AND against him - probably mostly for him. However John McCain got a lot of support for being a war veteran. He's such a maverick, right? But what does that have to do with being an effective president? Nothing, just like race doesn't. Yet some people still voted for him or endorsed him based on his military service. People from both sides have all kinds of ridiculous qualifications for what they think will make a good president.

If you look at the numbers, you can see that America is much more divided along race lines than it is along class lines... This is because people tend to want to help those that share similiar genes.

FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE

Being a maverick has more to do with being a leader than race

And, you are ignoring the point. In the Modern World, Democrats in win because of solidarity among minorities that want to vote themselves resources and priveledges...
President of DDO
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 11:51:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 11:49:10 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Obama's race didn't play any more part in him winning that McCain's race played a part in him losing.

Total bullsh!t. A black man winning the presidential election makes for a great news story.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 11:53:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 11:51:02 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/27/2011 11:49:10 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Obama's race didn't play any more part in him winning that McCain's race played a part in him losing.

Total bullsh!t. A black man winning the presidential election makes for a great news story.

Total pigsh!t. A white man winning the presidential election makes a great news story as well. Wasn't there coverage of Bush and Bill Clinton winning?
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 11:54:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 11:51:02 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/27/2011 11:49:10 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Obama's race didn't play any more part in him winning that McCain's race played a part in him losing.

Total bullsh!t. A black man winning the presidential election makes for a great news story.

so what? If thats the only reason why you think he won, then you're not very perceptive.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 11:54:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 11:47:42 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Being a maverick has more to do with being a leader than race

And, you are ignoring the point. In the Modern World, Democrats in win because of solidarity among minorities that want to vote themselves resources and priveledges...

I'm not ignoring the point - I'm disagreeing with it. I think Democrats could and would win even if the black and Hispanic votes were split. It's not about race. It's about class. That's where you're completely wrong. People who benefit from social programs will vote for them, regardless of their race.
President of DDO
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 11:54:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 11:53:23 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 9/27/2011 11:51:02 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/27/2011 11:49:10 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Obama's race didn't play any more part in him winning that McCain's race played a part in him losing.

Total bullsh!t. A black man winning the presidential election makes for a great news story.

Total pigsh!t. A white man winning the presidential election makes a great news story as well. Wasn't there coverage of Bush and Bill Clinton winning?

This.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 11:56:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 11:51:02 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Total bullsh!t. A black man winning the presidential election makes for a great news story.

Once again, his race was most certainly a factor - one that worked both for and against him. For every black person who voted for Obama just because he was black, there was a racist who voted against him for the same reason.

To the OP - If Obama being black was an important factor for why he won, then why haven't ALL THE BLACK PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES BEFORE HIM WON? Fail.
President of DDO
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 11:57:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 11:54:18 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/27/2011 11:51:02 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/27/2011 11:49:10 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Obama's race didn't play any more part in him winning that McCain's race played a part in him losing.

Total bullsh!t. A black man winning the presidential election makes for a great news story.

so what? If thats the only reason why you think he won, then you're not very perceptive.

When did I once state that's the only reason he one.

To F-16, of course a white man winning makes a good news story. Because of course a white man winning is so unique and has never happened before.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...