Total Posts:126|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Am I a Racist Because I Believe in Science?

jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 6:00:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Apparently, I am a racist.

Why?

Because, I believe IQ is heavily genetic and that this genetic influence matters for social outcomes.

Wow.

Of course, this would mean that all modern scientific studies on this are racially based, because twin studies on IQ find IQ heritability of at least 75%, and sometimes over 90%. A Meta Study found that 85% was around the consensus.

And, the fact that IQ correlates with social outcomes is also a well established fact.

So, am I a racist for believing what modern science tells us?
President of DDO
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 6:02:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Actually, what makes you racist is how you interpret the few statistics that you manage to amass. Science does not endorse your view.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,042
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 6:27:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 6:00:15 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Apparently, I am a racist.

Why?

Because, I believe IQ is heavily genetic and that this genetic influence matters for social outcomes.

Wow.

Of course, this would mean that all modern scientific studies on this are racially based, because twin studies on IQ find IQ heritability of at least 75%, and sometimes over 90%. A Meta Study found that 85% was around the consensus.

And, the fact that IQ correlates with social outcomes is also a well established fact.

So, am I a racist for believing what modern science tells us?

Correlation=/=causation.

Also, races are largely cosmetic. The only non-cosmetic differences involve minor things, such as proclivity to illness (blacks are more apt to get sickle-cell anemia than whites, for example).

Other than that, not much.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 7:25:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 6:27:21 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/29/2011 6:00:15 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Apparently, I am a racist.

Why?

Because, I believe IQ is heavily genetic and that this genetic influence matters for social outcomes.

Wow.

Of course, this would mean that all modern scientific studies on this are racially based, because twin studies on IQ find IQ heritability of at least 75%, and sometimes over 90%. A Meta Study found that 85% was around the consensus.

And, the fact that IQ correlates with social outcomes is also a well established fact.

So, am I a racist for believing what modern science tells us?

Correlation=/=causation.

Also, races are largely cosmetic. The only non-cosmetic differences involve minor things, such as proclivity to illness (blacks are more apt to get sickle-cell anemia than whites, for example).

Other than that, not much.

And even then sickle cell is only evident in certain African populations alongside the fact it serves as a benefit to ward off malaria. And conditions such as Rickets [lack of vitamin d which causes whites to be white due to their environments lack of large quantities of direct sunlight] and skin cancer [melanin in the skin of blacks helps to mitigate this problem by absorbing much of the harmful radiation] also exist in varying quantities by account of environment affecting the conditions of the populations biology. But stating that ones intellectual capacity is purely genetic is a fallacy [although in the case of mental retardation it tends to be different] because if that were true why have the offspring of clearly intelligent monarchs acted in ways that can only be described as sheer stupidity? How is it that I know many blacks who could remember every single component of a nuclear reactor as well as the equations that govern each component and whites who can barely remember how to calculate speed? How is it possible that a group of poorly equipped black slves on an island in the middle of the Carribean were able to fend off 3 of the greatest and most powerful empires of the time with no foreign assistance? I'll tell you why, intelligence has more to do with ones environment than anything else.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 7:54:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 6:02:58 PM, 000ike wrote:
Actually, what makes you racist is how you interpret the few statistics that you manage to amass. Science does not endorse your view.

"Science does not endore your view"

And it does endorse yours...

Thx for the laugh
President of DDO
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 7:55:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 6:27:21 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/29/2011 6:00:15 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Apparently, I am a racist.

Why?

Because, I believe IQ is heavily genetic and that this genetic influence matters for social outcomes.

Wow.

Of course, this would mean that all modern scientific studies on this are racially based, because twin studies on IQ find IQ heritability of at least 75%, and sometimes over 90%. A Meta Study found that 85% was around the consensus.

And, the fact that IQ correlates with social outcomes is also a well established fact.

So, am I a racist for believing what modern science tells us?

Correlation=/=causation.

Also, races are largely cosmetic. The only non-cosmetic differences involve minor things, such as proclivity to illness (blacks are more apt to get sickle-cell anemia than whites, for example).

Other than that, not much.

What about those 15 IQ points...

Blacks have an average IQ of 85, 100 for whites, and 113 for Ashekanazi jews
President of DDO
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 7:56:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Does The Bell Curve ever claim blacks are inherently dumber? It's been well-established that intelligence is highly heritable. Racism is the belief that an entire group is inherently inferior.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 7:57:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 7:54:26 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/29/2011 6:02:58 PM, 000ike wrote:
Actually, what makes you racist is how you interpret the few statistics that you manage to amass. Science does not endorse your view.

"Science does not endore your view"

And it does endorse yours...

Thx for the laugh

What is my view Jimtimmy?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 7:57:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 7:25:22 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 9/29/2011 6:27:21 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/29/2011 6:00:15 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Apparently, I am a racist.

Why?

Because, I believe IQ is heavily genetic and that this genetic influence matters for social outcomes.

Wow.

Of course, this would mean that all modern scientific studies on this are racially based, because twin studies on IQ find IQ heritability of at least 75%, and sometimes over 90%. A Meta Study found that 85% was around the consensus.

And, the fact that IQ correlates with social outcomes is also a well established fact.

So, am I a racist for believing what modern science tells us?

Correlation=/=causation.

Also, races are largely cosmetic. The only non-cosmetic differences involve minor things, such as proclivity to illness (blacks are more apt to get sickle-cell anemia than whites, for example).

Other than that, not much.

And even then sickle cell is only evident in certain African populations alongside the fact it serves as a benefit to ward off malaria. And conditions such as Rickets [lack of vitamin d which causes whites to be white due to their environments lack of large quantities of direct sunlight] and skin cancer [melanin in the skin of blacks helps to mitigate this problem by absorbing much of the harmful radiation] also exist in varying quantities by account of environment affecting the conditions of the populations biology. But stating that ones intellectual capacity is purely genetic is a fallacy [although in the case of mental retardation it tends to be different] because if that were true why have the offspring of clearly intelligent monarchs acted in ways that can only be described as sheer stupidity? How is it that I know many blacks who could remember every single component of a nuclear reactor as well as the equations that govern each component and whites who can barely remember how to calculate speed? How is it possible that a group of poorly equipped black slves on an island in the middle of the Carribean were able to fend off 3 of the greatest and most powerful empires of the time with no foreign assistance? I'll tell you why, intelligence has more to do with ones environment than anything else.

This is an example of you using anecdotal evidence that does not even show anything relevant to counter scientific studies and macro statistics...

In science, the studies and statistics win...
President of DDO
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 7:58:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 7:57:04 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/29/2011 7:54:26 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/29/2011 6:02:58 PM, 000ike wrote:
Actually, what makes you racist is how you interpret the few statistics that you manage to amass. Science does not endorse your view.

"Science does not endore your view"

And it does endorse yours...

Thx for the laugh

What is my view Jimtimmy?

I assume you are a biodiversity denier... But maybe I am wrong....

Do you accept the Science of Heritability and Intelligence, like I do?
President of DDO
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 8:07:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 7:58:45 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/29/2011 7:57:04 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/29/2011 7:54:26 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/29/2011 6:02:58 PM, 000ike wrote:
Actually, what makes you racist is how you interpret the few statistics that you manage to amass. Science does not endorse your view.

"Science does not endore your view"

And it does endorse yours...

Thx for the laugh

What is my view Jimtimmy?

I assume you are a biodiversity denier... But maybe I am wrong....

Do you accept the Science of Heritability and Intelligence, like I do?

Yes I do. HOWEVER, what you seem to be purporting is that BECAUSE one is born black, he has a lower IQ, and science does not support that. You assert that there is a link between race and IQ and that is not so. If skin color influences intelligence, then why can't eye color influence intelligence as well? They are both determined by the concentration of melanin.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 8:10:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 7:57:24 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/29/2011 7:25:22 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 9/29/2011 6:27:21 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/29/2011 6:00:15 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Apparently, I am a racist.

Why?

Because, I believe IQ is heavily genetic and that this genetic influence matters for social outcomes.

Wow.

Of course, this would mean that all modern scientific studies on this are racially based, because twin studies on IQ find IQ heritability of at least 75%, and sometimes over 90%. A Meta Study found that 85% was around the consensus.

And, the fact that IQ correlates with social outcomes is also a well established fact.

So, am I a racist for believing what modern science tells us?

Correlation=/=causation.

Also, races are largely cosmetic. The only non-cosmetic differences involve minor things, such as proclivity to illness (blacks are more apt to get sickle-cell anemia than whites, for example).

Other than that, not much.

And even then sickle cell is only evident in certain African populations alongside the fact it serves as a benefit to ward off malaria. And conditions such as Rickets [lack of vitamin d which causes whites to be white due to their environments lack of large quantities of direct sunlight] and skin cancer [melanin in the skin of blacks helps to mitigate this problem by absorbing much of the harmful radiation] also exist in varying quantities by account of environment affecting the conditions of the populations biology. But stating that ones intellectual capacity is purely genetic is a fallacy [although in the case of mental retardation it tends to be different] because if that were true why have the offspring of clearly intelligent monarchs acted in ways that can only be described as sheer stupidity? How is it that I know many blacks who could remember every single component of a nuclear reactor as well as the equations that govern each component and whites who can barely remember how to calculate speed? How is it possible that a group of poorly equipped black slves on an island in the middle of the Carribean were able to fend off 3 of the greatest and most powerful empires of the time with no foreign assistance? I'll tell you why, intelligence has more to do with ones environment than anything else.

This is an example of you using anecdotal evidence that does not even show anything relevant to counter scientific studies and macro statistics...

It means that your judgment of individuals intellect based upon the color of their skin is invalid, the only thing race determines are hair care and skin care products.

In science, the studies and statistics win...

Yep, and the studies and statistics do not support the ovegeneralizations of groups which is what you support, there is more divergence within the racial groups than outside of them.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Joseph_Mengele
Posts: 388
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 8:21:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 7:56:54 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Does The Bell Curve ever claim blacks are inherently dumber? It's been well-established that intelligence is highly heritable. Racism is the belief that an entire group is inherently inferior.

Lol, that made me laugh.

Here is the first definition of racism that I came across after typing in racism definition on google.

Definition: The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 8:25:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 8:07:44 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/29/2011 7:58:45 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/29/2011 7:57:04 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/29/2011 7:54:26 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/29/2011 6:02:58 PM, 000ike wrote:
Actually, what makes you racist is how you interpret the few statistics that you manage to amass. Science does not endorse your view.

"Science does not endore your view"

And it does endorse yours...

Thx for the laugh

What is my view Jimtimmy?

I assume you are a biodiversity denier... But maybe I am wrong....

Do you accept the Science of Heritability and Intelligence, like I do?

Yes I do. HOWEVER, what you seem to be purporting is that BECAUSE one is born black, he has a lower IQ, and science does not support that. You assert that there is a link between race and IQ and that is not so. If skin color influences intelligence, then why can't eye color influence intelligence as well? They are both determined by the concentration of melanin.

Ya, this is what I mean by anti science.

You actually think this is a legitimate argument against what I was saying.

"what you seem to be purporting is that BECAUSE one is born black, he has a lower IQ"

Really?

You really think that's what I have been saying?

Come on dude
President of DDO
Joseph_Mengele
Posts: 388
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 8:26:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Jimtimmy...here is some advice. Ignore SRW. I remember him creating a post back saying that there is no need for race. A member known as Sieben declared him a troll, and apparently SRW has an incredible dislike for racists and/or thinks that any racist person fails in his views.

The two had a debate and Sieben crushed him.

Here is some evidence supporting the assertion that he gets way too emotional whenever talking race.

On my first debate he posted this comment: "I want to see the roast."

Now obviously SRW was reffering to me in that comment and he thought that I would be beaten terribly because of my so called "radical" views.

Now...who won that debate?
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 8:31:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 8:10:30 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 9/29/2011 7:57:24 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/29/2011 7:25:22 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 9/29/2011 6:27:21 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/29/2011 6:00:15 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Apparently, I am a racist.

Why?

Because, I believe IQ is heavily genetic and that this genetic influence matters for social outcomes.

Wow.

Of course, this would mean that all modern scientific studies on this are racially based, because twin studies on IQ find IQ heritability of at least 75%, and sometimes over 90%. A Meta Study found that 85% was around the consensus.

And, the fact that IQ correlates with social outcomes is also a well established fact.

So, am I a racist for believing what modern science tells us?

Correlation=/=causation.

Also, races are largely cosmetic. The only non-cosmetic differences involve minor things, such as proclivity to illness (blacks are more apt to get sickle-cell anemia than whites, for example).

Other than that, not much.

And even then sickle cell is only evident in certain African populations alongside the fact it serves as a benefit to ward off malaria. And conditions such as Rickets [lack of vitamin d which causes whites to be white due to their environments lack of large quantities of direct sunlight] and skin cancer [melanin in the skin of blacks helps to mitigate this problem by absorbing much of the harmful radiation] also exist in varying quantities by account of environment affecting the conditions of the populations biology. But stating that ones intellectual capacity is purely genetic is a fallacy [although in the case of mental retardation it tends to be different] because if that were true why have the offspring of clearly intelligent monarchs acted in ways that can only be described as sheer stupidity? How is it that I know many blacks who could remember every single component of a nuclear reactor as well as the equations that govern each component and whites who can barely remember how to calculate speed? How is it possible that a group of poorly equipped black slves on an island in the middle of the Carribean were able to fend off 3 of the greatest and most powerful empires of the time with no foreign assistance? I'll tell you why, intelligence has more to do with ones environment than anything else.

This is an example of you using anecdotal evidence that does not even show anything relevant to counter scientific studies and macro statistics...

It means that your judgment of individuals intellect based upon the color of their skin is invalid, the only thing race determines are hair care and skin care products.

In science, the studies and statistics win...

Yep, and the studies and statistics do not support the ovegeneralizations of groups which is what you support, there is more divergence within the racial groups than outside of them.

Ya, and thx for showing me these studies and stats... Oh wait

Okay, so it is accepted that IQ is about 75% to 85% Genetic:

http://en.wikipedia.org...

And that there are large differences in IQ between groups (85 for blacks, 100 for whites, and 113 for Jews)

Now, given these twin realities, we would assume at least some genetic differences between groups...

Do you have a shred of evidence to go against this?
President of DDO
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 8:34:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 8:21:42 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
At 9/29/2011 7:56:54 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Does The Bell Curve ever claim blacks are inherently dumber? It's been well-established that intelligence is highly heritable. Racism is the belief that an entire group is inherently inferior.

Lol, that made me laugh.

Here is the first definition of racism that I came across after typing in racism definition on google.

Definition: The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Read the bold. It's not simply pointing out that races are different.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 8:34:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 8:26:54 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
Jimtimmy...here is some advice. Ignore SRW. I remember him creating a post back saying that there is no need for race. A member known as Sieben declared him a troll, and apparently SRW has an incredible dislike for racists and/or thinks that any racist person fails in his views.

The two had a debate and Sieben crushed him.

Here is some evidence supporting the assertion that he gets way too emotional whenever talking race.

On my first debate he posted this comment: "I want to see the roast."

Now obviously SRW was reffering to me in that comment and he thought that I would be beaten terribly because of my so called "radical" views.

Now...who won that debate?

True, I have come to realize that SRW is not interested in rational debate about anything. He just has an incessant hate for anything that suggests races are even different.

I wouldnt be surprised if SRW argued that Dogs were only less intelligent than humans because of different environments...
President of DDO
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 8:36:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 8:34:45 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 9/29/2011 8:21:42 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
At 9/29/2011 7:56:54 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Does The Bell Curve ever claim blacks are inherently dumber? It's been well-established that intelligence is highly heritable. Racism is the belief that an entire group is inherently inferior.

Lol, that made me laugh.

Here is the first definition of racism that I came across after typing in racism definition on google.

Definition: The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Read the bold. It's not simply pointing out that races are different.

This is a good point. Acknowledging differences between races is very different than saying an entire race is "better" than another entire , with no exceptions.
President of DDO
sadolite
Posts: 8,833
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 8:36:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 6:00:15 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Apparently, I am a racist.

Why?

Because, I believe IQ is heavily genetic and that this genetic influence matters for social outcomes.

Wow.

Of course, this would mean that all modern scientific studies on this are racially based, because twin studies on IQ find IQ heritability of at least 75%, and sometimes over 90%. A Meta Study found that 85% was around the consensus.

And, the fact that IQ correlates with social outcomes is also a well established fact.

So, am I a racist for believing what modern science tells us?

Your a racist if you don't tow the liberal line on every issue. Everyone knows this. Don't believe it, post something about a social issue, take your pick, and take a position that goes against the liberal line. The race card will be played with in three comments guaranteed.

That is the standard issue response to everything for a liberal. That is the only thing they know. Your a racist your a bigot you hate poor people you hate old people you hate children you hate gays you hate on and on and on. It is so predictable. I will be called some form of hater just for posting this. There will be no intelligent response just knee jerk reaction and mindless drivel. Liberals are the ones who categorize everyone by race gender and ethnicity and they know it. They do it on purpose to give the illusion that they care more.

They are more sensitive and more understanding. When in reality all they do is enslave people in a never ending cycle of gov't dependency. Do they currently have any plans on the table to ween people from gov't dependency? No their trying to get as many people as possible to be dependant on govt as they can. They don't even hide the fact it's right in your face.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 8:38:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 6:00:15 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Apparently, I am a racist.

Why?

Because, I believe IQ is heavily genetic and that this genetic influence matters for social outcomes.

Wow.

Of course, this would mean that all modern scientific studies on this are racially based, because twin studies on IQ find IQ heritability of at least 75%, and sometimes over 90%. A Meta Study found that 85% was around the consensus.

And, the fact that IQ correlates with social outcomes is also a well established fact.

So, am I a racist for believing what modern science tells us?

You aren't racist because you interpret scientific results of IQ tests. You're racist because you use IQ tests as a cover to discriminate. Otherwise, you would have no problem with high IQ black and latinos immigrating.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 8:40:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 8:38:15 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 9/29/2011 6:00:15 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Apparently, I am a racist.

Why?

Because, I believe IQ is heavily genetic and that this genetic influence matters for social outcomes.

Wow.

Of course, this would mean that all modern scientific studies on this are racially based, because twin studies on IQ find IQ heritability of at least 75%, and sometimes over 90%. A Meta Study found that 85% was around the consensus.

And, the fact that IQ correlates with social outcomes is also a well established fact.

So, am I a racist for believing what modern science tells us?

You aren't racist because you interpret scientific results of IQ tests. You're racist because you use IQ tests as a cover to discriminate. Otherwise, you would have no problem with high IQ black and latinos immigrating.

Ya, and I don't.

For some reason, you decided not to read my post on another thread and instead just make up what you wanted me to say, and then criticize that.

This is what they call a straw man...

But, this is worse.

You asked me a question... I answered that I would be OKAY with High IQ blacks and latinos immigrating...

And, for some reason, you didnt understand that...
President of DDO
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 9:32:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 8:34:49 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 9/29/2011 8:26:54 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
Jimtimmy...here is some advice. Ignore SRW. I remember him creating a post back saying that there is no need for race. A member known as Sieben declared him a troll, and apparently SRW has an incredible dislike for racists and/or thinks that any racist person fails in his views.

The two had a debate and Sieben crushed him.

Here is some evidence supporting the assertion that he gets way too emotional whenever talking race.

On my first debate he posted this comment: "I want to see the roast."

Now obviously SRW was reffering to me in that comment and he thought that I would be beaten terribly because of my so called "radical" views.

Now...who won that debate?

True, I have come to realize that SRW is not interested in rational debate about anything. He just has an incessant hate for anything that suggests races are even different.

I wouldnt be surprised if SRW argued that Dogs were only less intelligent than humans because of different environments...


1] Sieben is known for stating he will use one intro to a debate in the forums and then change it in the debates.

2] I was not crushed for many still agreed with me, my arguments were just weak.

3] You have yet to accept challenges proposed to you by more prominent members of DDO and tend to make pathetic excuses as to why you won't enter them.

4] You have neve actually justified your beliefs.

5] You take my roast comment on Voc's debate out of context, Voc and I compared the arguments made by racists to food and cooking the food is synonymous with destroying the oppositions arguments.

6] You drop in out of nowhere and post inflammatory comments and never attempt to justify them.

Please stop trying to call the kettle black when you are the stove. Most people on DDO are neither racists nor all that accepting of it, they will only tolerate it as long as you act like a productive and responsible member, but you going out to insult members is not earning you any credence, so please do us all a favor and STFU.

This is a debate site mostly filled with non-racist individuals, don't get pissy when we disagree with you and st evidence that contradicts your own.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 7:08:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 8:31:05 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

Because, I believe IQ is heavily genetic and that this genetic influence matters for social outcomes.

There's a big difference between accepting the heriditary component of intelligence and insisting that all variance between groups is genetic.

Okay, so it is accepted that IQ is about 75% to 85% Genetic:

http://en.wikipedia.org...


And that there are large differences in IQ between groups (85 for blacks, 100 for whites, and 113 for Jews)

Now, given these twin realities, we would assume at least some genetic differences between groups...

Do you have a shred of evidence to go against this?

This isn't evidence in the first place, you are making conclusions that aren't even backed up by your own data.

Let's say we accept the extreme top end figure of IQ being 85% genetic (which I believe is highly questionable anyway). Even with that stat, it is clear that IQ is at least 15% caused by environment, yet in the details you posted the group differences are generally less than 15% anyway.

Do you really believe that deprived of the interactions and schooling you have had, all the books you've read, all the practice of sitting down and taking tests and all the positive reinforcement about your intellect that you have presumably recieved from parents, teachers, peers etc that you would really score similarly on an IQ test to your current score? I don't think I would.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 8:13:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/30/2011 7:56:43 AM, innomen wrote:
Science is an objective assessment, and racism is an emotional judgement.
I have seen science (especially IQ or genetic factors) being used to justify racism.

Perhaps that is the case here...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 8:26:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/30/2011 8:13:02 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/30/2011 7:56:43 AM, innomen wrote:
Science is an objective assessment, and racism is an emotional judgement.
I have seen science (especially IQ or genetic factors) being used to justify racism.

Perhaps that is the case here...

Generally speaking the hate comes before the justification, and there will always be those looking to justify hate in some way, because it is in the best interest for hate to do so.

Hate comes in a lot of forms; resentment, anger, envy, etc. and they all search for a justification.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 10:40:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
To answer your OP, you are a racist and you hide behind "science" to justify your beliefs, as others have already pointed out. "Science" is only as objective as the people using it.

I will never understand why racists do not enjoy being called racist. You're racist. Own it.