Jump to topic:

Really democrats?

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 3:31:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So I'll start off by saying that everyone should know that I'm no republican supporter (except Geo, we're all global fascist dictators supporters), so this shouldn't be viewed as just carrying the water and blind support.

Is Chris Christie too fat to be president? This is a topic that has come up on several left leaning talk shows (namely the Ed Schultz show that I listen to) and several liberal news organizations (from NYT to LAT), and it has also been responded to by individuals on the right (Rush Limbaugh brought it up on his show today) as well as organizations on the right (the Oregonian). So it seems that the left side of the news wants us to be concerned about Christie's weight and that it is an indication that he is not healthy enough to be given the presidency.

A few days ago on the Ed show, they brought in someone (not a medical professional, just some other left-wing talk show host, or hommie, can't remember who) who began talking about all the health risks tied to being obese (which I think is odd coming from the Ed show).

Personally, I found it horrendously bias (yet totally expected) that they would go on the attack of Christie for almost an hour (probably longer, I only caught about 45 minutes of it on my lunch break) on his weight and that health should be an issue, but they never once mentioned anything about Obama smoking when he was running. Well, they mentioned it, but they defended it saying that he has a right to smoke and that it is a stress reliever, since being president is a stressful job he gets a pass.

Of course it is nothing but playing politics. The left will complain about the health choices of the right, but ignore their own. The right will complain about the health choices of the left, but ignore their own.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 3:40:04 PM
A man that rude deserves everything he gets.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 3:42:36 PM
Here, new video. Even ruder.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 3:44:32 PM
I don't see how,

Christie is very rude -> Christie is unqualified to be president because of his weigth.

You could argue,

Christis is very rude -> Christie is unqualified tobe president because of his demeanor.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 3:45:41 PM
Shallow values. Everyone has some sort of defect and it's just that some come out and they are visibly apparent. Look at Clinton's defect, is that more admirable than eating?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 4:04:49 PM
I think modern politics is likely to turn most rational people into fascists or anarchists.

You are fat... your dad rented a place with a rude name... seriously... this is for the most powerful job in the muther fvckin world!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 4:04:49 PM
At 10/4/2011 3:45:41 PM, innomen wrote:
Shallow values. Everyone has some sort of defect and it's just that some come out and they are visibly apparent. Look at Clinton's defect, is that more admirable than eating?

Well, his defect was Monica, and Monica's defect was eatting (just not food). So it all ties together.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 4:05:43 PM
At 10/4/2011 4:04:49 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/4/2011 3:45:41 PM, innomen wrote:

Well, his defect was Monica, and Monica's defect was eatting (just not food). So it all ties together.

That girl loved her wieners.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.