Occupy Wall Street Movement

jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 5:26:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Any thoughts on This?

Mine are that this is a silly and inadequate response to the Tea Party on the Right.

Furthermore, these protestors are protesting the wrong thing.

The problem, in my view, is not Wall Street Per Se... But the influence Wall Street has in Government...

The solution to this is NOT to enlarge government and create more state monopolies... but to shrink or eliminate the State...

Of course, these protestors are statists, so they would never understand this
President of DDO
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 5:38:54 PM
I agree with you.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 9:27:07 PM
I've been sporadically checking out info on it over the last few weeks.
The goal is rather amorphous. Yes, there is a generally liberal vibe, but it's really just a lot of young people who are pissed off at the government and the rich getting bailed out at the expense of the average man.

Unfortunately, most of these young people think that capitalism is the cause of the corruption they're protesting against. They don't realize that we've never had true capitalism and that we've only had crony capitalism. I do know that there are quite a few Ron Paul people there.

This movement will be predictably co-opted by the Democrats. Just like the Republicans did to the original Tea Partiers who were just really pissed off at the government (albeit for very different reasons than Occupy Wall St.).

Overall, there's no real philosophy that the movement endorses. It's just a bunch of hipsters who are angry about different stuff. Nothing momentous, and personally I think the Tea Party was much better and more organized.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 9:36:26 PM
At 10/5/2011 9:27:07 PM, jat93 wrote:
I've been sporadically checking out info on it over the last few weeks.
The goal is rather amorphous. Yes, there is a generally liberal vibe, but it's really just a lot of young people who are pissed off at the government and the rich getting bailed out at the expense of the average man.

Unfortunately, most of these young people think that capitalism is the cause of the corruption they're protesting against. They don't realize that we've never had true capitalism and that we've only had crony capitalism. I do know that there are quite a few Ron Paul people there.

This movement will be predictably co-opted by the Democrats. Just like the Republicans did to the original Tea Partiers who were just really pissed off at the government (albeit for very different reasons than Occupy Wall St.).

Overall, there's no real philosophy that the movement endorses. It's just a bunch of hipsters who are angry about different stuff. Nothing momentous, and personally I think the Tea Party was much better and more organized.

Thats what I thought it would be...

At least the Tea Party was fighting against something logical (concentrated power in Gov)

These Left Wing movements protest against business's influence in Gov... and their solution is to... expand Gov...
President of DDO