Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Lets get cracking

gerrandesquire
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 1:43:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Situation: Africa almost all countries in Africa have had civil wars and armed conflicts with neighbouring countries. Angola, Burundi, Somalia, sierra Leone, have witnessed large scale displacement of people. Killing by rebel forces and militants. Childrens are often the innocent victims, often deployed as child soldiers.

Suppose you are a delegate of an African country, say Somalia ( chosen at random, you can chose any one of them). Propose a resolution in the UN, which YOU think would be effective.

A viewpoint from America would be interesting too, and one from China.

Choose your country and propose a resolution. People can poke holes and scrutinize them, of course.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 2:01:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
We the African Nations, finding ourselves incapable of governing ourselves do hereby demand that we be partitioned into spheres of influence between former colonial powers and current major powers in whatever way the UN deems most expedient. Such an arrangement to last until we can figure out complex matters of civil management such as digging wells and planting crops for ourselves.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 2:17:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Sorry for my cynical view but:

The UN does not work. It was formed after WWII to stop wars. However, 60 (?) or so wars happened after the formation of the UN. This shows that it fails
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 2:46:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/9/2011 1:43:12 PM, gerrandesquire wrote:
Situation: Africa almost all countries in Africa have had civil wars and armed conflicts with neighbouring countries. Angola, Burundi, Somalia, sierra Leone, have witnessed large scale displacement of people. Killing by rebel forces and militants. Childrens are often the innocent victims, often deployed as child soldiers.

Suppose you are a delegate of an African country, say Somalia ( chosen at random, you can chose any one of them). Propose a resolution in the UN, which YOU think would be effective.

A viewpoint from America would be interesting too, and one from China.

Choose your country and propose a resolution. People can poke holes and scrutinize them, of course.

I think we should make them trust territories.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 2:47:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/9/2011 2:46:34 PM, DanT wrote:
At 10/9/2011 1:43:12 PM, gerrandesquire wrote:
Situation: Africa almost all countries in Africa have had civil wars and armed conflicts with neighbouring countries. Angola, Burundi, Somalia, sierra Leone, have witnessed large scale displacement of people. Killing by rebel forces and militants. Childrens are often the innocent victims, often deployed as child soldiers.

Suppose you are a delegate of an African country, say Somalia ( chosen at random, you can chose any one of them). Propose a resolution in the UN, which YOU think would be effective.

A viewpoint from America would be interesting too, and one from China.

Choose your country and propose a resolution. People can poke holes and scrutinize them, of course.

I think we should make them trust territories.

of course the 1st time around it lead to riots and civil wars. I mean the larger ore powerful nations can't govern either, although it's a whole different set of problems.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 2:57:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Colonies as of 1914... but with the following changes...

Spanish and Belgian holdings to the USA (Spain is no longer a power, Congo can't really accept Belgian rule again I mean seriously).

USA gets Liberia.

Portugese holdings to Brazil.

Italian holdings to China (the Italian can't even run basic functions such as police, courts and rubbish collection, plus they gassed the ethiopians).

Ethiopia to Britain, China, or maybe India?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 3:20:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/9/2011 2:57:35 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Colonies as of 1914... but with the following changes...

Spanish and Belgian holdings to the USA (Spain is no longer a power, Congo can't really accept Belgian rule again I mean seriously).

USA gets Liberia.

Portugese holdings to Brazil.

Italian holdings to China (the Italian can't even run basic functions such as police, courts and rubbish collection, plus they gassed the ethiopians).

Ethiopia to Britain, China, or maybe India?

So, basically, abandon the British Empire? Nthx
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
gerrandesquire
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 3:30:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/9/2011 2:57:35 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Colonies as of 1914... but with the following changes...

Spanish and Belgian holdings to the USA (Spain is no longer a power, Congo can't really accept Belgian rule again I mean seriously).

USA gets Liberia.

Portugese holdings to Brazil.

Italian holdings to China (the Italian can't even run basic functions such as police, courts and rubbish collection, plus they gassed the ethiopians).

Ethiopia to Britain, China, or maybe India?

The delegate of Somalia strongly opposes the proposition. It undermines the sovereignity of the states. In fact, Somalia for one, is pretty optimistic about the new changes in the govt., and hopes that by 2012 it will have control over the entire country. The proposal, in such a case would be premature.

Somalia proposes a peacekeeping force to be sent in the countries, with focus on trying to address the famines and maintaining law and order.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 3:34:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/9/2011 2:57:35 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Colonies as of 1914... but with the following changes...

Spanish and Belgian holdings to the USA (Spain is no longer a power, Congo can't really accept Belgian rule again I mean seriously).

USA gets Liberia.

Portugese holdings to Brazil.

Italian holdings to China (the Italian can't even run basic functions such as police, courts and rubbish collection, plus they gassed the ethiopians).

Ethiopia to Britain, China, or maybe India?

No i don't think so. You guys can take the whole magillah, we can't afford it, and it's way more trouble than we really need at the moment. I think it's time you guys dust off your old 'goin' a conquerin' clothes and put together a new British Empire.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 3:40:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/9/2011 3:20:25 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 10/9/2011 2:57:35 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Colonies as of 1914... but with the following changes...

Spanish and Belgian holdings to the USA (Spain is no longer a power, Congo can't really accept Belgian rule again I mean seriously).

USA gets Liberia.

Portugese holdings to Brazil.

Italian holdings to China (the Italian can't even run basic functions such as police, courts and rubbish collection, plus they gassed the ethiopians).

Ethiopia to Britain, China, or maybe India?

So, basically, abandon the British Empire? Nthx

That makes no sense, Britain would end up with it's 1914 African territories at least.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 3:41:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/9/2011 3:30:21 PM, gerrandesquire wrote:
At 10/9/2011 2:57:35 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Colonies as of 1914... but with the following changes...

Spanish and Belgian holdings to the USA (Spain is no longer a power, Congo can't really accept Belgian rule again I mean seriously).

USA gets Liberia.

Portugese holdings to Brazil.

Italian holdings to China (the Italian can't even run basic functions such as police, courts and rubbish collection, plus they gassed the ethiopians).

Ethiopia to Britain, China, or maybe India?

The delegate of Somalia strongly opposes the proposition. It undermines the sovereignity of the states. In fact, Somalia for one, is pretty optimistic about the new changes in the govt., and hopes that by 2012 it will have control over the entire country. The proposal, in such a case would be premature.

Somalia proposes a peacekeeping force to be sent in the countries, with focus on trying to address the famines and maintaining law and order.

That is an utterly unrealistic statement from Somalia... but then I am kinda the pot calling the kettle african american.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 3:43:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/9/2011 3:34:07 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/9/2011 2:57:35 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Colonies as of 1914... but with the following changes...

Spanish and Belgian holdings to the USA (Spain is no longer a power, Congo can't really accept Belgian rule again I mean seriously).

USA gets Liberia.

Portugese holdings to Brazil.

Italian holdings to China (the Italian can't even run basic functions such as police, courts and rubbish collection, plus they gassed the ethiopians).

Ethiopia to Britain, China, or maybe India?

No i don't think so. You guys can take the whole magillah, we can't afford it, and it's way more trouble than we really need at the moment. I think it's time you guys dust off your old 'goin' a conquerin' clothes and put together a new British Empire.

Well I am not sure we can afford it either...
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 4:42:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This reminds me of a conversation my Dad and I had recently. We were talking about Greece's current crisis and decided that the U.S. should simply annex them and in return for getting them out of it, they have to give each U.S. family a Greek slave. We decided we wanted John Stamos as our slave. ;)
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 5:23:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/9/2011 4:42:50 PM, socialpinko wrote:
This reminds me of a conversation my Dad and I had recently. We were talking about Greece's current crisis and decided that the U.S. should simply annex them and in return for getting them out of it, they have to give each U.S. family a Greek slave. We decided we wanted John Stamos as our slave. ;)

Seems like a win-win situation.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.