Jump to topic:

I am the 99%

jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 5:03:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am a 17 year old Boy who owns 2 Different Laptops and lives in his parents basement. However, there is no Home Theatre in the basement and one of the laptops has as dysfunctional touchpad...

My parents gave me a Honda... But it was slightly USED when I first got it!!!

I have an Iphone, but not an Iphone 4 or an Ipad... Yes, some people actually live like this

I don't have a job or get very good grades, but I do post a lot on online forums. And, I am a bit unsure of whether or not I will get into Harvard next year...

When I get older, there is a good chance I will be forced to get a job JUST to be able to afford a car and a computer!!!

The worst part is that the richest 1% are greedy and selfish... and they have no idea how good they even have it.

There are real people, like me, who are really struggling out there

I am really worried that my right to vote myself rich people's property is at risk...

With all these greedy corporations and rich people fighting to keep their own property, a guy wonders how our country will ever make it

I am the 99%

occupywallstreet.org
President of DDO
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 5:18:12 PM
Is this real or did you make it up?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 5:18:29 PM
At 10/9/2011 5:13:47 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Oh come on, those 99ers don't have to have a job. You give them too much credit:

http://media.waaf.com...

Lol, I love how that Jody girl is really a trust fund rich kid.
President of DDO
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 5:19:41 PM
At 10/9/2011 5:18:12 PM, 000ike wrote:

It's true... People actually live like this in our country...
President of DDO
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 5:20:19 PM
At 10/9/2011 5:19:41 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

No I mean, did someone write that, or did you write that?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 5:20:40 PM
At 10/9/2011 5:20:19 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/9/2011 5:19:41 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

No I mean, did someone write that, or did you write that?

I wrote it
President of DDO
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 5:39:39 PM
At 10/9/2011 5:03:45 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
I am a 17 year old Boy who owns 2 Different Laptops and lives in his parents basement. However, there is no Home Theatre in the basement and one of the laptops has as dysfunctional touchpad...

I have an Iphone, but not an Iphone 4 or an Ipad... Yes, some people actually live like this

I don't have a job or get very good grades, but I do post a lot on online forums. And, I am a bit unsure of whether or not I will get into Harvard next year...

When I get older, there is a good chance I will be forced to get a job JUST to be able to afford a car and a computer!!!

The worst part is that the richest 1% are greedy and selfish... and they have no idea how good they even have it.

I am really worried that my right to vote myself rich people's property is at risk...

With all these greedy corporations and rich people fighting to keep their own property, a guy wonders how our country will ever make it

I am the 99%

occupywallstreet.org

This is like some sort of parody for those ads where the kids say "I haven't eaten in two weeks."

Middle-class ennui.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 5:40:41 PM
At 10/9/2011 5:39:39 PM, Wnope wrote:

I am the 99%

occupywallstreet.org

This is like some sort of parody for those ads where the kids say "I haven't eaten in two weeks."

Middle-class ennui.

How is it Like that at all?
President of DDO
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 5:46:14 PM
At 10/9/2011 5:40:41 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

I am the 99%

occupywallstreet.org

Middle-class ennui.

"I have an Iphone, but not an Iphone 4 or an Ipad... Yes, some people actually live like this"

That you have to get a job in order to pay for luxuries like a car and computer?

Is that supposed to inspire some sort of sympathy?
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 6:00:35 PM
At 10/9/2011 5:46:14 PM, Wnope wrote:

I am the 99%

occupywallstreet.org

Middle-class ennui.

"I have an Iphone, but not an Iphone 4 or an Ipad... Yes, some people actually live like this"

That you have to get a job in order to pay for luxuries like a car and computer?

My parents have a job... Why the hell should I work when somebody else is for me?

And, when I get older, I'll always have welfare... Why should I have to make money, when the top 1% is making money for me?
President of DDO
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 6:23:32 PM
At 10/9/2011 6:00:35 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

I am the 99%

occupywallstreet.org

Middle-class ennui.

My parents have a job... Why the hell should I work when somebody else is for me?

And, when I get older, I'll always have welfare... Why should I have to make money, when the top 1% is making money for me?

Poe's Law.
http://en.wikipedia.org...'s_law
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 6:25:09 PM
At 10/9/2011 6:23:32 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 10/9/2011 6:00:35 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

I am the 99%

occupywallstreet.org

Middle-class ennui.

Poe's Law.
http://en.wikipedia.org...'s_law

lol
President of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 8:46:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com...
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 8:50:32 PM
At 10/9/2011 8:48:06 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 10/9/2011 8:46:05 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Ya... what is the point of this?

laughing one's @ss off.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 9:41:42 PM

I am the 99%

occupywallstreet.org

The top 1% are those who make over $380,345.

Someone with a 6 digit income below $380,345 can live better than that
Someone with a income under $30,000 might live worse than that.

Those under $33,048 is the bottom 50%.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 9:45:20 PM
At 10/9/2011 9:41:42 PM, DanT wrote:

I am the 99%

occupywallstreet.org

Are you saying these are really 49'ers?
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 9:52:40 PM
At 10/9/2011 9:45:20 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

I am the 99%

occupywallstreet.org

no more like 90%
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 9:53:29 PM
At 10/9/2011 9:52:40 PM, DanT wrote:
At 10/9/2011 9:45:20 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

I am the 99%

occupywallstreet.org

no more like 90%

Maybe 75%
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 10:15:56 PM
The 48th percentile of household income in the US is $42,500

The 75th is 80,000

The 90th is somewhere over 100,000

http://en.wikipedia.org...
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 11:14:13 PM
I am the 00000003.2%
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 12:28:00 AM
Was that use of zeros deliberate mongoose?
marcuscato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 5:27:47 AM
Is this some sort of parody?

Is it normal for american kids to have their own homes? Do you have a Home theatre in every room?

i'm really beginning to think this is a parody..
I travel 15km(one way) by bus to my college. In general the bus is crowded to the point that you cant even stand.
My cell phone is black and white.
I am sure you get good grades, you are probably being modest..Harvard is one of the top colleges,the acceptance rate is fairly high though..(something like 10%?)
In India, the top engineering course has a cutoff of AIR(all india rank) <100.
That means that the only the top 100 students(out of 500k(each year)
that applied) are allowed to take that course.

Lol...

rolling on the floor..(what do you think you are buddy?)

I am the 99%

occupywallstreet.org

You are losing jobs because other people(in developing countries) are doing the same job for a fraction of your salaries. My dad is a double post graduate(from one of the top colleges), he still does not earn close to 200k$.
Mikeee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 12:03:49 PM

I am the 99%

occupywallstreet.org

You don't have it that bad, trust me. When I was 14 my parents got divorced and I lived with my mom, when re-married to some prick. The with in the first week of high school I got into a fight and beat a kid half to death and was arrested and would have to go to quart to be tried as an adult. While all of this happened my step dad would always give me s**t about everything I did. One day I got fed up a hit him, then he got his shot gun and threatened me. After that I ran away and dropped out of high school. I only had enough money for about a weeks worth of food, so I knew I had to do something to make money. I eventually found out about underground boxing. I started going, and after a few days, placed a bet for me to lose, and let the other guy kick my a**. I did this until I was 16. After about two years being homeless, I bet up with a guy who happened to be a kyote (look it up if you don't know what it is) who knew a guy that could help me. The guy them he sent me to was a dealer, who needed help transporting "the stuff". He gave me a car to get the job done, but the first time I went out I screwed up so bad that the only way to escape would be by leaving and moving to a new city. I moved up from Norfolk VA to Washington DC. I went back to underground boxing for another year. When I was 17 and a half, I finally got my first job helping a guy fix up cars (that he had stolen). For the next 2 years I did small jobs like that to help pay the rent for an apartment, and to buy food. I little after I turned 19 I decided I needed to go to collage, because there was no was I could continue living like that. I spent to next half year taking the SAT until I got a good enough score. I when back to high school (didn't take any classes, just got help from the guidance to get into collage). I wrote my essays and applied to some collages. One of the collages I applied to was University of Chicago, which I got in. I when to the bank and took out a loan to go to collage, now I'm on my way to graduating, but I know because I was barely making rent payments, by the time I get out, I will be in so much debt that I will have to work my a** off to pay back.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 12:15:38 PM
At 10/9/2011 8:46:05 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

That's pathetic.

There were a good number of "you don't have to go to college to do that" or other rips into why these kids were going to college, then another person said "I never attended college" and the responce was "there's your first mistake."

It's a little hypocritical to go around saying "not everyone should go to college" then when someone doesn't you say "you're an idiot for not going to college."

Also, once the responces started getting pointless and off topic, I stopped reading.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 12:31:39 PM
At 10/10/2011 12:03:49 PM, Mikeee wrote:

I am the 99%

occupywallstreet.org

You don't have it that bad, trust me. When I was 14 my parents got divorced and I lived with my mom, when re-married to some prick. The with in the first week of high school I got into a fight and beat a kid half to death and was arrested and would have to go to quart to be tried as an adult. While all of this happened my step dad would always give me s**t about everything I did. One day I got fed up a hit him, then he got his shot gun and threatened me. After that I ran away and dropped out of high school. I only had enough money for about a weeks worth of food, so I knew I had to do something to make money. I eventually found out about underground boxing. I started going, and after a few days, placed a bet for me to lose, and let the other guy kick my a**. I did this until I was 16. After about two years being homeless, I bet up with a guy who happened to be a kyote (look it up if you don't know what it is) who knew a guy that could help me. The guy them he sent me to was a dealer, who needed help transporting "the stuff". He gave me a car to get the job done, but the first time I went out I screwed up so bad that the only way to escape would be by leaving and moving to a new city. I moved up from Norfolk VA to Washington DC. I went back to underground boxing for another year. When I was 17 and a half, I finally got my first job helping a guy fix up cars (that he had stolen). For the next 2 years I did small jobs like that to help pay the rent for an apartment, and to buy food. I little after I turned 19 I decided I needed to go to collage, because there was no was I could continue living like that. I spent to next half year taking the SAT until I got a good enough score. I when back to high school (didn't take any classes, just got help from the guidance to get into collage). I wrote my essays and applied to some collages. One of the collages I applied to was University of Chicago, which I got in. I when to the bank and took out a loan to go to collage, now I'm on my way to graduating, but I know because I was barely making rent payments, by the time I get out, I will be in so much debt that I will have to work my a** off to pay back.

First thing to do when you get on your feet, invest in some good spell check technology.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 12:34:52 PM
I am utterly amazed at the density being displayed in this topic.

The OP is great stuff, btw.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp