Total Posts:45|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Alabama's unfair and pointless "crackdown"

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 9:37:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
"BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Terrified by Alabama's strict new immigration crackdown, parents living in the state illegally say they are doing something that was unthinkable just days ago — asking friends, relatives, co-workers and acquaintances to take their children if they're arrested or deported.
Many il***** (undocumented) immigrants signed documents in the past week allowing others to care for their children if needed, assistance groups say, and a couple living illegally in nearby Shelby County extracted a promise from the man's boss to send their three young children — all U.S. citizens — to Mexico should they be jailed under the law.
"

The full story is here:
http://news.yahoo.com...

I do not believe it justified for Alabama to start a law such as this. Everytime an undocumented immigrant even has a chance encounter with the police, their children are at risk of being deported or given away to foster care. What gives Alabama the right to make such an abusive law?

The Alabama law includes a provision a provision that allows police to hold suspected illegal immigrants without bond.

The children who are US citizens are unfairly discriminated against because of their parent's immigration status. Parents said they came to provide a better future than their children could ever have in Latin America.

The Alabama law is currently in a federal appeals court until November 29th when the court will hear arguments and decide whether it should be repealed. I am of the opinion that the law must be overturned completely.
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 9:52:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well living in Texas I can understand their frustration. I don't know where you live, but if you saw your home town flooded with illegals, going from ~25% Hispanic to 75% within a decade, all the signs in Spanish, and seeing the young white children being beaten by gangs of illegals/anchor babies (this has happened) you would be upset too. The law itself is harsh I don't think anyone can deny that. The federal government has failed in its duty to keep these illegals out (or at least least to keep them here in reasonable amounts) so it's only natural that the States would go to extreme measures.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 10:06:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Why should illegal immigrants be exempt from the law just because they have children? Should a murderer not go to jail because his/her actions will 'harm the children'?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 10:09:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 10:06:07 AM, darkkermit wrote:
Why should illegal immigrants be exempt from the law just because they have children? Should a murderer not go to jail because his/her actions will 'harm the children'?

Murder is universally agreed to be undesirable. The laws surrounding undocumented American workers are more complex and in much more of a grey area.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 10:11:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 9:52:29 AM, thett3 wrote:
Well living in Texas I can understand their frustration. I don't know where you live, but if you saw your home town flooded with illegals, going from ~25% Hispanic to 75% within a decade, all the signs in Spanish, and seeing the young white children being beaten by gangs of illegals/anchor babies (this has happened) you would be upset too. The law itself is harsh I don't think anyone can deny that. The federal government has failed in its duty to keep these illegals out (or at least least to keep them here in reasonable amounts) so it's only natural that the States would go to extreme measures.

I'm sorry, I just don't see the logic. It is not a whites vs Hispanics race. What does it matter if the Hispanic population increases? Gangs exist for all races. "Illegal" is subjective. The sings being in Spanish, is that a bad thing?
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 10:19:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 10:11:49 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/10/2011 9:52:29 AM, thett3 wrote:
Well living in Texas I can understand their frustration. I don't know where you live, but if you saw your home town flooded with illegals, going from ~25% Hispanic to 75% within a decade, all the signs in Spanish, and seeing the young white children being beaten by gangs of illegals/anchor babies (this has happened) you would be upset too. The law itself is harsh I don't think anyone can deny that. The federal government has failed in its duty to keep these illegals out (or at least least to keep them here in reasonable amounts) so it's only natural that the States would go to extreme measures.

I'm sorry, I just don't see the logic. It is not a whites vs Hispanics race. What does it matter if the Hispanic population increases? Gangs exist for all races. "Illegal" is subjective. The sings being in Spanish, is that a bad thing?

It isn't? Perhaps you are right racially, but culturally there is certainly a conflict between the two. That's why it matters.

I wasn't trying to make it out that Mexicans are the only ones in gangs, but if they hadn't come here in the first place, the gang wouldn't be plaguing our homes. The signs in Spanish is more symbolic than anything else. Yes, it does bother me to see public announcements in a foreign tongue. They need to learn English, not the other way around. And before you tell me that we aren't being forced to learn their language, my old elementary school now pressures white students to take their "spanish immersion program".
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 10:19:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 10:09:28 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:06:07 AM, darkkermit wrote:
Why should illegal immigrants be exempt from the law just because they have children? Should a murderer not go to jail because his/her actions will 'harm the children'?

Murder is universally agreed to be undesirable. The laws surrounding undocumented American workers are more complex and in much more of a grey area.

It is unlawful though. Your basically stating:
A should not be punished for breaking law B since A's children would be effected by such action.

However you do not believe with the line of reasoning for all laws, but laws you disagree with.

Here you are just stating that immigration should be completely open, and not closed within itself.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 10:22:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 10:19:17 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:11:49 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/10/2011 9:52:29 AM, thett3 wrote:
Well living in Texas I can understand their frustration. I don't know where you live, but if you saw your home town flooded with illegals, going from ~25% Hispanic to 75% within a decade, all the signs in Spanish, and seeing the young white children being beaten by gangs of illegals/anchor babies (this has happened) you would be upset too. The law itself is harsh I don't think anyone can deny that. The federal government has failed in its duty to keep these illegals out (or at least least to keep them here in reasonable amounts) so it's only natural that the States would go to extreme measures.

I'm sorry, I just don't see the logic. It is not a whites vs Hispanics race. What does it matter if the Hispanic population increases? Gangs exist for all races. "Illegal" is subjective. The sings being in Spanish, is that a bad thing?

It isn't? Perhaps you are right racially, but culturally there is certainly a conflict between the two. That's why it matters.

I wasn't trying to make it out that Mexicans are the only ones in gangs, but if they hadn't come here in the first place, the gang wouldn't be plaguing our homes. The signs in Spanish is more symbolic than anything else. Yes, it does bother me to see public announcements in a foreign tongue. They need to learn English, not the other way around. And before you tell me that we aren't being forced to learn their language, my old elementary school now pressures white students to take their "spanish immersion program".

Do you really think that crime increases as a result of immigration. Do you have some statistics and data to back up that claim?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 10:24:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 10:22:03 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:19:17 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:11:49 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/10/2011 9:52:29 AM, thett3 wrote:
Well living in Texas I can understand their frustration. I don't know where you live, but if you saw your home town flooded with illegals, going from ~25% Hispanic to 75% within a decade, all the signs in Spanish, and seeing the young white children being beaten by gangs of illegals/anchor babies (this has happened) you would be upset too. The law itself is harsh I don't think anyone can deny that. The federal government has failed in its duty to keep these illegals out (or at least least to keep them here in reasonable amounts) so it's only natural that the States would go to extreme measures.

I'm sorry, I just don't see the logic. It is not a whites vs Hispanics race. What does it matter if the Hispanic population increases? Gangs exist for all races. "Illegal" is subjective. The sings being in Spanish, is that a bad thing?

It isn't? Perhaps you are right racially, but culturally there is certainly a conflict between the two. That's why it matters.

I wasn't trying to make it out that Mexicans are the only ones in gangs, but if they hadn't come here in the first place, the gang wouldn't be plaguing our homes. The signs in Spanish is more symbolic than anything else. Yes, it does bother me to see public announcements in a foreign tongue. They need to learn English, not the other way around. And before you tell me that we aren't being forced to learn their language, my old elementary school now pressures white students to take their "spanish immersion program".

Do you really think that crime increases as a result of immigration. Do you have some statistics and data to back up that claim?

Crime increase with poverty. The vast majority of Mexican immigrants are poor. It's easy for you (as your profile says you live in Rhode Island) to argue for embracing them and loosening immigration laws. Just wait about a decade or so, when even your state is flooded. You'll be singing a very different tune then, I assure you.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 10:25:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 10:19:32 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:09:28 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:06:07 AM, darkkermit wrote:
Why should illegal immigrants be exempt from the law just because they have children? Should a murderer not go to jail because his/her actions will 'harm the children'?

Murder is universally agreed to be undesirable. The laws surrounding undocumented American workers are more complex and in much more of a grey area.

It is unlawful though. Your basically stating:
A should not be punished for breaking law B since A's children would be effected by such action.

However you do not believe with the line of reasoning for all laws, but laws you disagree with.

Here you are just stating that immigration should be completely open, and not closed within itself.

At one point, inter-racial marriage was illegal. Murder was illegal as well. Just because people felt justified in pursuing inter-racial marriages and breaking the law does not mean they also felt justified in murdering. There are other things to consider when evaluating whether a law is fair and just.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 10:29:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 10:24:40 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:22:03 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:19:17 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:11:49 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/10/2011 9:52:29 AM, thett3 wrote:
Well living in Texas I can understand their frustration. I don't know where you live, but if you saw your home town flooded with illegals, going from ~25% Hispanic to 75% within a decade, all the signs in Spanish, and seeing the young white children being beaten by gangs of illegals/anchor babies (this has happened) you would be upset too. The law itself is harsh I don't think anyone can deny that. The federal government has failed in its duty to keep these illegals out (or at least least to keep them here in reasonable amounts) so it's only natural that the States would go to extreme measures.

I'm sorry, I just don't see the logic. It is not a whites vs Hispanics race. What does it matter if the Hispanic population increases? Gangs exist for all races. "Illegal" is subjective. The sings being in Spanish, is that a bad thing?

It isn't? Perhaps you are right racially, but culturally there is certainly a conflict between the two. That's why it matters.

I wasn't trying to make it out that Mexicans are the only ones in gangs, but if they hadn't come here in the first place, the gang wouldn't be plaguing our homes. The signs in Spanish is more symbolic than anything else. Yes, it does bother me to see public announcements in a foreign tongue. They need to learn English, not the other way around. And before you tell me that we aren't being forced to learn their language, my old elementary school now pressures white students to take their "spanish immersion program".

Do you really think that crime increases as a result of immigration. Do you have some statistics and data to back up that claim?

Crime increase with poverty. The vast majority of Mexican immigrants are poor. It's easy for you (as your profile says you live in Rhode Island) to argue for embracing them and loosening immigration laws. Just wait about a decade or so, when even your state is flooded. You'll be singing a very different tune then, I assure you.

I lived in CA but held the same views I do now. CA has two official languages English and Spanish. There is nothing wrong with a Hispanic majority population. The notion that the majority population of the US must be fundamentally white is flawed (I am not sure if that was really your argument though, but that is what I inferred).
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 10:30:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 10:25:43 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:19:32 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:09:28 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:06:07 AM, darkkermit wrote:
Why should illegal immigrants be exempt from the law just because they have children? Should a murderer not go to jail because his/her actions will 'harm the children'?

Murder is universally agreed to be undesirable. The laws surrounding undocumented American workers are more complex and in much more of a grey area.

It is unlawful though. Your basically stating:
A should not be punished for breaking law B since A's children would be effected by such action.

However you do not believe with the line of reasoning for all laws, but laws you disagree with.

Here you are just stating that immigration should be completely open, and not closed within itself.

At one point, inter-racial marriage was illegal. Murder was illegal as well. Just because people felt justified in pursuing inter-racial marriages and breaking the law does not mean they also felt justified in murdering. There are other things to consider when evaluating whether a law is fair and just.

I could debate you on illegal immigration.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 10:30:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 10:26:02 AM, darkkermit wrote:
Your personal anecdotes don't seem to support the facts:

http://www.time.com...

"New government data indicate that immigrants have high rates of criminality, while older academic research found low rates."

"DHS states that it has identified 221,000 non-citizens in the nation's jails. This equals 11 to 15 percent of the jail population. Non-citizens comprise only 8.6 percent of the nation's total adult population."

http://www.cis.org...

"
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 10:32:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 10:30:29 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:26:02 AM, darkkermit wrote:
Your personal anecdotes don't seem to support the facts:

http://www.time.com...

"New government data indicate that immigrants have high rates of criminality, while older academic research found low rates."

"DHS states that it has identified 221,000 non-citizens in the nation's jails. This equals 11 to 15 percent of the jail population. Non-citizens comprise only 8.6 percent of the nation's total adult population."

http://www.cis.org...




"

I left out the important part.

"illegal immigrants have relatively high rates of crime, while legal immigrants have relatively low rates of crime."

Notice that my post was only about illegals, and yours was about legal immigrants. Sorry about the confusion.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 10:36:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 10:29:18 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:24:40 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:22:03 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:19:17 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:11:49 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/10/2011 9:52:29 AM, thett3 wrote:
Well living in Texas I can understand their frustration. I don't know where you live, but if you saw your home town flooded with illegals, going from ~25% Hispanic to 75% within a decade, all the signs in Spanish, and seeing the young white children being beaten by gangs of illegals/anchor babies (this has happened) you would be upset too. The law itself is harsh I don't think anyone can deny that. The federal government has failed in its duty to keep these illegals out (or at least least to keep them here in reasonable amounts) so it's only natural that the States would go to extreme measures.

I'm sorry, I just don't see the logic. It is not a whites vs Hispanics race. What does it matter if the Hispanic population increases? Gangs exist for all races. "Illegal" is subjective. The sings being in Spanish, is that a bad thing?

It isn't? Perhaps you are right racially, but culturally there is certainly a conflict between the two. That's why it matters.

I wasn't trying to make it out that Mexicans are the only ones in gangs, but if they hadn't come here in the first place, the gang wouldn't be plaguing our homes. The signs in Spanish is more symbolic than anything else. Yes, it does bother me to see public announcements in a foreign tongue. They need to learn English, not the other way around. And before you tell me that we aren't being forced to learn their language, my old elementary school now pressures white students to take their "spanish immersion program".

Do you really think that crime increases as a result of immigration. Do you have some statistics and data to back up that claim?

Crime increase with poverty. The vast majority of Mexican immigrants are poor. It's easy for you (as your profile says you live in Rhode Island) to argue for embracing them and loosening immigration laws. Just wait about a decade or so, when even your state is flooded. You'll be singing a very different tune then, I assure you.

I lived in CA but held the same views I do now. CA has two official languages English and Spanish. There is nothing wrong with a Hispanic majority population. The notion that the majority population of the US must be fundamentally white is flawed (I am not sure if that was really your argument though, but that is what I inferred).

An assumption I don't share. Not that it's Hispanics as a group, but I do fear NOT being the majority. Perhaps it's an irrational fear, but it's one I've always held
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 10:38:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 10:36:02 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:29:18 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I lived in CA but held the same views I do now. CA has two official languages English and Spanish. There is nothing wrong with a Hispanic majority population. The notion that the majority population of the US must be fundamentally white is flawed (I am not sure if that was really your argument though, but that is what I inferred).

An assumption I don't share. Not that it's Hispanics as a group, but I do fear NOT being the majority. Perhaps it's an irrational fear, but it's one I've always held

Care to explain why Whites should be the majority in the United States?
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 10:38:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 10:32:39 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:30:29 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:26:02 AM, darkkermit wrote:
Your personal anecdotes don't seem to support the facts:

http://www.time.com...

"New government data indicate that immigrants have high rates of criminality, while older academic research found low rates."

"DHS states that it has identified 221,000 non-citizens in the nation's jails. This equals 11 to 15 percent of the jail population. Non-citizens comprise only 8.6 percent of the nation's total adult population."

http://www.cis.org...




"


I left out the important part.

"illegal immigrants have relatively high rates of crime, while legal immigrants have relatively low rates of crime."

Notice that my post was only about illegals, and yours was about legal immigrants. Sorry about the confusion.

fair enough.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 10:42:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 10:38:10 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:36:02 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:29:18 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I lived in CA but held the same views I do now. CA has two official languages English and Spanish. There is nothing wrong with a Hispanic majority population. The notion that the majority population of the US must be fundamentally white is flawed (I am not sure if that was really your argument though, but that is what I inferred).

An assumption I don't share. Not that it's Hispanics as a group, but I do fear NOT being the majority. Perhaps it's an irrational fear, but it's one I've always held

Care to explain why Whites should be the majority in the United States?

I think I've straw-manned my own position....I'm letting my fears get in the way of my rationality, I'm sorry
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 10:44:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 10:42:03 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:38:10 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:36:02 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:29:18 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I lived in CA but held the same views I do now. CA has two official languages English and Spanish. There is nothing wrong with a Hispanic majority population. The notion that the majority population of the US must be fundamentally white is flawed (I am not sure if that was really your argument though, but that is what I inferred).

An assumption I don't share. Not that it's Hispanics as a group, but I do fear NOT being the majority. Perhaps it's an irrational fear, but it's one I've always held

Care to explain why Whites should be the majority in the United States?

I think I've straw-manned my own position....I'm letting my fears get in the way of my rationality, I'm sorry

Okay. That's fine.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 10:45:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 10:30:06 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:25:43 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:19:32 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:09:28 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:06:07 AM, darkkermit wrote:
Why should illegal immigrants be exempt from the law just because they have children? Should a murderer not go to jail because his/her actions will 'harm the children'?

Murder is universally agreed to be undesirable. The laws surrounding undocumented American workers are more complex and in much more of a grey area.

It is unlawful though. Your basically stating:
A should not be punished for breaking law B since A's children would be effected by such action.

However you do not believe with the line of reasoning for all laws, but laws you disagree with.

Here you are just stating that immigration should be completely open, and not closed within itself.

At one point, inter-racial marriage was illegal. Murder was illegal as well. Just because people felt justified in pursuing inter-racial marriages and breaking the law does not mean they also felt justified in murdering. There are other things to consider when evaluating whether a law is fair and just.

I could debate you on illegal immigration.

Sure. Sometime in the future.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 10:45:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 10:42:03 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:38:10 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:36:02 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:29:18 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I lived in CA but held the same views I do now. CA has two official languages English and Spanish. There is nothing wrong with a Hispanic majority population. The notion that the majority population of the US must be fundamentally white is flawed (I am not sure if that was really your argument though, but that is what I inferred).

An assumption I don't share. Not that it's Hispanics as a group, but I do fear NOT being the majority. Perhaps it's an irrational fear, but it's one I've always held

Care to explain why Whites should be the majority in the United States?

I think I've straw-manned my own position....I'm letting my fears get in the way of my rationality, I'm sorry

Well you can start a racist club with jmmy, tiel, and mengle. :p.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 10:46:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 10:45:41 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:42:03 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:38:10 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:36:02 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:29:18 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I lived in CA but held the same views I do now. CA has two official languages English and Spanish. There is nothing wrong with a Hispanic majority population. The notion that the majority population of the US must be fundamentally white is flawed (I am not sure if that was really your argument though, but that is what I inferred).

An assumption I don't share. Not that it's Hispanics as a group, but I do fear NOT being the majority. Perhaps it's an irrational fear, but it's one I've always held

Care to explain why Whites should be the majority in the United States?

I think I've straw-manned my own position....I'm letting my fears get in the way of my rationality, I'm sorry

Well you can start a racist club with jmmy, tiel, and mengle. :p.

Don't forget our newest troll!

http://www.debate.org...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 11:03:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 10:46:50 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:45:41 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:42:03 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:38:10 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:36:02 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:29:18 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I lived in CA but held the same views I do now. CA has two official languages English and Spanish. There is nothing wrong with a Hispanic majority population. The notion that the majority population of the US must be fundamentally white is flawed (I am not sure if that was really your argument though, but that is what I inferred).

An assumption I don't share. Not that it's Hispanics as a group, but I do fear NOT being the majority. Perhaps it's an irrational fear, but it's one I've always held

Care to explain why Whites should be the majority in the United States?

I think I've straw-manned my own position....I'm letting my fears get in the way of my rationality, I'm sorry

Well you can start a racist club with jmmy, tiel, and mengle. :p.

Don't forget our newest troll!

http://www.debate.org...
Not to mention another racist/Nazi: http://www.debate.org...

Look, they are even greeting each other!!!
"Hail, comrade! But why "neo-Paganism?" "Neo-Pagan" carries a connotation of Wicca and such - why not just "Paganism?" (on racismisawsome's profile)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 11:07:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 10:45:41 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:42:03 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:38:10 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:36:02 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:29:18 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I lived in CA but held the same views I do now. CA has two official languages English and Spanish. There is nothing wrong with a Hispanic majority population. The notion that the majority population of the US must be fundamentally white is flawed (I am not sure if that was really your argument though, but that is what I inferred).

An assumption I don't share. Not that it's Hispanics as a group, but I do fear NOT being the majority. Perhaps it's an irrational fear, but it's one I've always held

Care to explain why Whites should be the majority in the United States?

I think I've straw-manned my own position....I'm letting my fears get in the way of my rationality, I'm sorry

Well you can start a racist club with jmmy, tiel, and mengle. :p.

Tiel also happens to be part of the mystic, anti-gay marriage, anti-evolution, pseudoscience clubs as well...What a colorful character indeed...I must dare say...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 12:15:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 9:37:33 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
"BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Terrified by Alabama's strict new immigration crackdown, parents living in the state illegally say they are doing something that was unthinkable just days ago — asking friends, relatives, co-workers and acquaintances to take their children if they're arrested or deported.
Many il***** (undocumented) immigrants signed documents in the past week allowing others to care for their children if needed, assistance groups say, and a couple living illegally in nearby Shelby County extracted a promise from the man's boss to send their three young children — all U.S. citizens — to Mexico should they be jailed under the law.
"

The full story is here:
http://news.yahoo.com...

I do not believe it justified for Alabama to start a law such as this. Everytime an undocumented immigrant even has a chance encounter with the police, their children are at risk of being deported or given away to foster care. What gives Alabama the right to make such an abusive law?

Every time an illegal immigrant crosses the border they are risk all these things. Just don't illegally cross the border and these things won't happen to you! We can't just let anyone come and live in America. What about all the people who are actually trying to do it legally? The more illegals coming in the more likely it is the ones who are actually doing it right won't be able to come.

The Alabama law includes a provision a provision that allows police to hold suspected illegal immigrants without bond.

The children who are US citizens are unfairly discriminated against because of their parent's immigration status. Parents said they came to provide a better future than their children could ever have in Latin America.

But they start off by breaking the law...

The Alabama law is currently in a federal appeals court until November 29th when the court will hear arguments and decide whether it should be repealed. I am of the opinion that the law must be overturned completely.

I'm not saying I do or do not support it. I don't know enough about it to have much of an opinion. But I do know that America is too king to illegal immigrants. Illegal immigrants hurt other Americans. So don't feel so sorry for them when they're the ones causing crime, raising the unemployment rate, and hurting the economy. If they do it legally I have no issue with them.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 12:41:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 11:03:29 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:46:50 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:45:41 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:42:03 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:38:10 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:36:02 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:29:18 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I lived in CA but held the same views I do now. CA has two official languages English and Spanish. There is nothing wrong with a Hispanic majority population. The notion that the majority population of the US must be fundamentally white is flawed (I am not sure if that was really your argument though, but that is what I inferred).

An assumption I don't share. Not that it's Hispanics as a group, but I do fear NOT being the majority. Perhaps it's an irrational fear, but it's one I've always held

Care to explain why Whites should be the majority in the United States?

I think I've straw-manned my own position....I'm letting my fears get in the way of my rationality, I'm sorry

Well you can start a racist club with jmmy, tiel, and mengle. :p.

Don't forget our newest troll!

http://www.debate.org...
Not to mention another racist/Nazi: http://www.debate.org...

Look, they are even greeting each other!!!
"Hail, comrade! But why "neo-Paganism?" "Neo-Pagan" carries a connotation of Wicca and such - why not just "Paganism?" (on racismisawsome's profile)

I've actually found Aldric_winterblade to be quite respectful. He even explained his views to me when I PMed him about it! (which is the complete opposite of the other racists on here)
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 12:55:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 12:41:52 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 11:03:29 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:46:50 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:45:41 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:42:03 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:38:10 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:36:02 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 10:29:18 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I lived in CA but held the same views I do now. CA has two official languages English and Spanish. There is nothing wrong with a Hispanic majority population. The notion that the majority population of the US must be fundamentally white is flawed (I am not sure if that was really your argument though, but that is what I inferred).

An assumption I don't share. Not that it's Hispanics as a group, but I do fear NOT being the majority. Perhaps it's an irrational fear, but it's one I've always held

Care to explain why Whites should be the majority in the United States?

I think I've straw-manned my own position....I'm letting my fears get in the way of my rationality, I'm sorry

Well you can start a racist club with jmmy, tiel, and mengle. :p.

Don't forget our newest troll!

http://www.debate.org...
Not to mention another racist/Nazi: http://www.debate.org...

Look, they are even greeting each other!!!
"Hail, comrade! But why "neo-Paganism?" "Neo-Pagan" carries a connotation of Wicca and such - why not just "Paganism?" (on racismisawsome's profile)

I've actually found Aldric_winterblade to be quite respectful. He even explained his views to me when I PMed him about it! (which is the complete opposite of the other racists on here)

Oh, well maybe we'll reserve a spot in the real_racist club for him. Tiel, Joseph, jimmy, and racismisawesome still hold the spot of being fake racists, Joseph being the worst offender...of the three...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 12:56:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 12:53:35 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
They should deport the children with their parents.

They can't. The children are legal US citizens. To deport them would be a violation of the consitution.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"