Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Ancom Rationalization

DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 5:45:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Could someone explain to me how the anarcho-communist ideology is rationalized?

From what I've seen and read about communism (including from the Manifesto), communism requires a strong centralized government--the opposite of an anarchy.

Am I wrong in thinking that an anarcho-communism is a paradox?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 5:50:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 5:45:09 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Could someone explain to me how the anarcho-communist ideology is rationalized?

From what I've seen and read about communism (including from the Manifesto), communism requires a strong centralized government--the opposite of an anarchy.

Am I wrong in thinking that an anarcho-communism is a paradox?

The strong centeralized government is for the transition period. This is because in order for AnCom to properly function, all members of the commune need to be supportive of AnCom principles. The transition period is usually several generations, or however long it takes to throughly brainwash the people (and kill those that don't make approved progress). Once everyone is in agreement that AnCom is what is needed, the centeralized government can be broken down.

This means turning the ownership over from the government to the workers of each company (or all workers, depending the flavor of AnCom), and since all the workers support AnCom, they will make choices that benefit all.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 5:55:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 5:50:08 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/10/2011 5:45:09 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Could someone explain to me how the anarcho-communist ideology is rationalized?

From what I've seen and read about communism (including from the Manifesto), communism requires a strong centralized government--the opposite of an anarchy.

Am I wrong in thinking that an anarcho-communism is a paradox?

The strong centeralized government is for the transition period. This is because in order for AnCom to properly function, all members of the commune need to be supportive of AnCom principles. The transition period is usually several generations, or however long it takes to throughly brainwash the people (and kill those that don't make approved progress). Once everyone is in agreement that AnCom is what is needed, the centeralized government can be broken down.

This means turning the ownership over from the government to the workers of each company (or all workers, depending the flavor of AnCom), and since all the workers support AnCom, they will make choices that benefit all.

That's assuming the temporary government would want to give up its own power--which I think wouldn't happen. No offense to the ancoms, but I think it's a very difficult idea to rationalize.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 5:59:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 5:55:24 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/10/2011 5:50:08 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/10/2011 5:45:09 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Could someone explain to me how the anarcho-communist ideology is rationalized?

From what I've seen and read about communism (including from the Manifesto), communism requires a strong centralized government--the opposite of an anarchy.

Am I wrong in thinking that an anarcho-communism is a paradox?

The strong centeralized government is for the transition period. This is because in order for AnCom to properly function, all members of the commune need to be supportive of AnCom principles. The transition period is usually several generations, or however long it takes to throughly brainwash the people (and kill those that don't make approved progress). Once everyone is in agreement that AnCom is what is needed, the centeralized government can be broken down.

This means turning the ownership over from the government to the workers of each company (or all workers, depending the flavor of AnCom), and since all the workers support AnCom, they will make choices that benefit all.

That's assuming the temporary government would want to give up its own power--which I think wouldn't happen. No offense to the ancoms, but I think it's a very difficult idea to rationalize.

If those in government believed in the ultimate goal, they very likely would release the power. In fact, they'd have a higher risk of releasing it prematurely (that's what she said).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 6:00:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't much understand it even though I used to believe it. ;) I think market anarchism would be in the best interest of both AnCom's and AnCap's. That is, individuals and groups of individuals are free to experiment with different methods of social organization. For instance, a group of AnCom's may pool their resources and property to form a commune while an individual with no interest in AnCom may still participate in market transactions with others. It works out for both parties as far as I'm concerned, though I find the position odd that market transactions are inherently exploitative as many AnCom's believe.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 6:02:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 6:00:19 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I don't much understand it even though I used to believe it. ;) I think market anarchism would be in the best interest of both AnCom's and AnCap's. That is, individuals and groups of individuals are free to experiment with different methods of social organization. For instance, a group of AnCom's may pool their resources and property to form a commune while an individual with no interest in AnCom may still participate in market transactions with others. It works out for both parties as far as I'm concerned, though I find the position odd that market transactions are inherently exploitative as many AnCom's believe.

You don't know why you believed what you use to believe?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 6:09:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/10/2011 6:02:07 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/10/2011 6:00:19 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I don't much understand it even though I used to believe it. ;) I think market anarchism would be in the best interest of both AnCom's and AnCap's. That is, individuals and groups of individuals are free to experiment with different methods of social organization. For instance, a group of AnCom's may pool their resources and property to form a commune while an individual with no interest in AnCom may still participate in market transactions with others. It works out for both parties as far as I'm concerned, though I find the position odd that market transactions are inherently exploitative as many AnCom's believe.

You don't know why you believed what you use to believe?

Well I was essentially sympathetic to communist ideals, however I become disillusioned with the government's ability to get us there. That's when I adopted AnCom and soon after AnCap. Lol I need to make up my mind.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.