mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 8:41:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://c3244172.r72.cf0.rackcdn.com...

What do you think?
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 8:50:26 PM
Honors our promise to our seniors and veterans, while allowing young workers to opt out.
Social Security is a Ponzi scheme, it doesn't function if people are allowed to opt out.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 8:51:40 PM
Just from the initial scan, I like the symbolism of him taking that (fairly massive) pay cut.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 8:52:59 PM
At 10/17/2011 8:51:40 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Just from the initial scan, I like the symbolism of him taking that (fairly massive) pay cut.

I also like the abolition of the Death Tax, too.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
JuiceSqueeze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 8:56:29 PM
define spending.

is that ron paul's official economic plan?

if so, much of it would probably end up being unconstitutional. congress has supremacy over the states and these weasily attempts to give states more authority - as if they'll do a better job than the federal government - is completely disingenuous.

i mean read this noise:

>
Honors our promise to our seniors and veterans,
while allowing young workers to opt out. Block grants
Medicaid and other welfare programs to allow States
the $exibility and ingenuity they need to solve their
own unique problems without harming those currently
relying on the programs>

then one paragraph down, paul seeks to cut almost 1 trillion in his first term in mandatory spending (military retirement, medicare, veteran benefits) yet says he plans on "honoring" laws meant to help the elderly and retired.

there is a reason why ron paul has gotten very little done in congress is because he has no tact and cannot cooperate with other politicians. the paulbots go nuts over this because if he is on fringe in congress for 10 straight years he'll be on the fringe as president.

eliminating TSA is nice but how does he plan on doing that? homeland security is untouchable.

the moment ron paul becomes president - assuming he does which he wont of course - all this goes right at the window.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 9:29:27 PM
At 10/17/2011 8:50:26 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Honors our promise to our seniors and veterans, while allowing young workers to opt out.
Social Security is a Ponzi scheme, it doesn't function if people are allowed to opt out.

I'm guessing he'd just leave it as a deficit until it was all paid out. There isn't a real alternative to this, besides throwing everybody currently on it into the cold.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 10:12:36 PM
Let me just do a cost benefit analysis of every single spending cut, figuring out how each cut will effect geopolitical politics, changes in externalities, incentive structure, the amount of "economic shock", and economic growth and I'll get back to you in about 300 years.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 10:31:08 PM
At 10/17/2011 9:29:27 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 10/17/2011 8:50:26 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

I'm guessing he'd just leave it as a deficit until it was all paid out.

Huh?

You mean, pay out the current trust fund and payroll taxes from anyone who doesn't bother opting out, until gone?

Certainly a good solution, but not what he said...
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.