Total Posts:28|Showing Posts:1-28
Jump to topic:

Shamless, propagandizing 4th graders

sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 7:50:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
As if a bunch of forth graders understand what he is talking about let alone the implications. Utterly shameless and pathetic. The kids think their teacher is gone. LOL.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com...
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 7:58:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Its a catchy media title that reflects a less dramatic event. He's explaining the basics of what's going on in the country to the kids. I see nothing news-worthy or thread-worthy in that video.

Keep laughing to yourself, eventually you'll just look insane.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 8:10:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 7:58:22 PM, 000ike wrote:
Its a catchy media title that reflects a less dramatic event. He's explaining the basics of what's going on in the country to the kids. I see nothing news-worthy or thread-worthy in that video.

Keep laughing to yourself, eventually you'll just look insane.

We are going to give you money and take it from others. No not propaganda at all. They just gave the public sector 800 billion dollars, he never mentioned that. Your teachers aren't working because there isn't enough money. They just gave the public sector 800 billion dollars. Your poor teachers need more money, the rich people have their money and we need to have the federal govt take it from them so you can have a teacher. No not news worthy at all. Joe biden is f@king shameless. Those kids will leave that room thinking that if rich people don't give them what they want they are evil and want to deny them their education. Talking politics to children is child abuse.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 8:22:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 8:10:34 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 10/19/2011 7:58:22 PM, 000ike wrote:
Its a catchy media title that reflects a less dramatic event. He's explaining the basics of what's going on in the country to the kids. I see nothing news-worthy or thread-worthy in that video.

Keep laughing to yourself, eventually you'll just look insane.

We are going to give you money and take it from others. No not propaganda at all. They just gave the public sector 800 billion dollars, he never mentioned that. Your teachers aren't working because there isn't enough money. They just gave the public sector 800 billion dollars. Your poor teachers need more money, the rich people have their money and we need to have the federal govt take it from them so you can have a teacher. No not news worthy at all. Joe biden is f@king shameless. Those kids will leave that room thinking that if rich people don't give them what they want they are evil and want to deny them their education. Talking politics to children is child abuse.

Good lord, I'll let someone else deal with you. I'm so exhausted that It's more likely that I'd insult you for saying something so ridiculous, than argue with you.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 8:29:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 8:22:24 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/19/2011 8:10:34 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 10/19/2011 7:58:22 PM, 000ike wrote:
Its a catchy media title that reflects a less dramatic event. He's explaining the basics of what's going on in the country to the kids. I see nothing news-worthy or thread-worthy in that video.

Keep laughing to yourself, eventually you'll just look insane.

We are going to give you money and take it from others. No not propaganda at all. They just gave the public sector 800 billion dollars, he never mentioned that. Your teachers aren't working because there isn't enough money. They just gave the public sector 800 billion dollars. Your poor teachers need more money, the rich people have their money and we need to have the federal govt take it from them so you can have a teacher. No not news worthy at all. Joe biden is f@king shameless. Those kids will leave that room thinking that if rich people don't give them what they want they are evil and want to deny them their education. Talking politics to children is child abuse.

Good lord, I'll let someone else deal with you. I'm so exhausted that It's more likely that I'd insult you for saying something so ridiculous, than argue with you.

Go ahead and insult me. It is the only response you could come up with anyway.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 8:31:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Discussing any non-disputable fact is basically propaganda for children since they aren't intelligent enough yet to counter the arguments or even understand the flaws in the logic. They just assume that since "smart" adults say it, they take it at face value. The US education deals with a lot of propaganda. But its an inevitability that it will do with propaganda and its difficult to find non-bias information, especially in the humanities, which I don think schools should even touch.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 8:39:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yes, let's just "ask" the millionaires for the money.

"What if they don't want to pay the money?"
"Then we take it from them by force."
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 8:43:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 8:29:06 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 10/19/2011 8:22:24 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/19/2011 8:10:34 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 10/19/2011 7:58:22 PM, 000ike wrote:
Its a catchy media title that reflects a less dramatic event. He's explaining the basics of what's going on in the country to the kids. I see nothing news-worthy or thread-worthy in that video.

Keep laughing to yourself, eventually you'll just look insane.

We are going to give you money and take it from others. No not propaganda at all. They just gave the public sector 800 billion dollars, he never mentioned that. Your teachers aren't working because there isn't enough money. They just gave the public sector 800 billion dollars. Your poor teachers need more money, the rich people have their money and we need to have the federal govt take it from them so you can have a teacher. No not news worthy at all. Joe biden is f@king shameless. Those kids will leave that room thinking that if rich people don't give them what they want they are evil and want to deny them their education. Talking politics to children is child abuse.

Good lord, I'll let someone else deal with you. I'm so exhausted that It's more likely that I'd insult you for saying something so ridiculous, than argue with you.

Go ahead and insult me. It is the only response you could come up with anyway.

Oh yeah?

Propaganda is defined as distorted truth to win the mind of the public and convince masses of something more often than not untrue. If merely explaining a simplification of the American Jobs Act is propaganda, then parents corrupt their children all the time. It would also be propaganda for a teacher to explain economics to her students in 7th grade, who may not understand it yet. It would also be propaganda for the mother telling her child to stay away from people who use drugs. Accuse me of going off topic, but these apply. You don't understand what propaganda is to make such an ignorant retort. He is merely informing, he is not saying, "kids, this is the best plan in the world and go home and tell your parents that you support Obama, okay?" He says nothing of that sort, he merely explains.

You go on to call the whole event CHILD ABUSE, which, just takes your propaganda charge several foolish and radical steps farther. Either you don't know what these words mean, or you're letting your political bias speak for you.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 10:33:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 8:43:44 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/19/2011 8:29:06 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 10/19/2011 8:22:24 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/19/2011 8:10:34 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 10/19/2011 7:58:22 PM, 000ike wrote:
Its a catchy media title that reflects a less dramatic event. He's explaining the basics of what's going on in the country to the kids. I see nothing news-worthy or thread-worthy in that video.

Keep laughing to yourself, eventually you'll just look insane.

We are going to give you money and take it from others. No not propaganda at all. They just gave the public sector 800 billion dollars, he never mentioned that. Your teachers aren't working because there isn't enough money. They just gave the public sector 800 billion dollars. Your poor teachers need more money, the rich people have their money and we need to have the federal govt take it from them so you can have a teacher. No not news worthy at all. Joe biden is f@king shameless. Those kids will leave that room thinking that if rich people don't give them what they want they are evil and want to deny them their education. Talking politics to children is child abuse.

Good lord, I'll let someone else deal with you. I'm so exhausted that It's more likely that I'd insult you for saying something so ridiculous, than argue with you.

Go ahead and insult me. It is the only response you could come up with anyway.

Oh yeah?

Propaganda is defined as distorted truth to win the mind of the public and convince masses of something more often than not untrue. If merely explaining a simplification of the American Jobs Act is propaganda, then parents corrupt their children all the time. It would also be propaganda for a teacher to explain economics to her students in 7th grade, who may not understand it yet. It would also be propaganda for the mother telling her child to stay away from people who use drugs. Accuse me of going off topic, but these apply. You don't understand what propaganda is to make such an ignorant retort. He is merely informing, he is not saying, "kids, this is the best plan in the world and go home and tell your parents that you support Obama, okay?" He says nothing of that sort, he merely explains.

You go on to call the whole event CHILD ABUSE, which, just takes your propaganda charge several foolish and radical steps farther. Either you don't know what these words mean, or you're letting your political bias speak for you.

He explains nothing, He says the federal gov't must take money from rich people so their teachers won't loose their jobs. Their is no other side of the story there is no rebuttal. A 4th grader has no understanding of how and why people become rich and what makes other people poor. They don't understand anything about fiscal policy they don't understand teacher unions they don't understand what has already been given to the teachers unions not less than 2 years ago to the tune of billions of dollars. To sit there and tell a bunch of children that the only possible way to save teachers jobs is to take money from rich people is is blatant propaganda without anyone rebutting that statement. Their understanding is that rich people must give up their money or their teacher will lose their job, if they don't give it up willingly the federal gov't must take it. You read stories to forth graders you tell them to be good and do their homework and the like. What is Biden doing, spreading fear in to the minds of little children with the assertion that if the gov't doesn't take money from rich people by force you will lose your teacher.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 10:43:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yet everyday, kids of all grades recite the pledge of allegiance for years and years before they are even capable of understanding what it means.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 10:53:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 10:43:56 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Yet everyday, kids of all grades recite the pledge of allegiance for years and years before they are even capable of understanding what it means.

Reciting the pledge of allegiance instills pride in ones country. I know that is considered bad to have pride in the country you live in now, but at least it wont cost the tax payers 500 billion dollars.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 10:54:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 10:43:56 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Yet everyday, kids of all grades recite the pledge of allegiance for years and years before they are even capable of understanding what it means.

You should write a song about that.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 11:12:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 10:53:51 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 10/19/2011 10:43:56 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Yet everyday, kids of all grades recite the pledge of allegiance for years and years before they are even capable of understanding what it means.

Reciting the pledge of allegiance instills pride in ones country. I know that is considered bad to have pride in the country you live in now, but at least it wont cost the tax payers 500 billion dollars.

So even after realizing how incompetent our government is, you still give them money?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 11:14:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 10:54:20 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 10/19/2011 10:43:56 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Yet everyday, kids of all grades recite the pledge of allegiance for years and years before they are even capable of understanding what it means.

You should write a song about that.

I might, though I tend to stay away from political crap, because I figure if someone fell for that type of magic, anything meaningful I tell them is probably going to be more harmful than not.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 11:18:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is not child abuse anymore than Gore instructing 4th graders to tell their parents to send him money or the world will explode.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 11:22:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
People like to throw around the word "child abuse".

Children are bombarded with a steady stream of bullsh!t EVERY DAY. This stream will continue until their death.

Lawyers would have a field day if being bombarded with bullsh!t was considered abuse. My god, our whole legal system would collapse.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 11:24:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Also that class seems like it is funded by public tax dollars. The kids are doomed already, Biden can't say anything to make it worse for them.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 11:31:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't see how a visit like this would cost tax dollars.

I will say that it is stupid though. He's talking to 4th graders. Seriously, they are going to zone out while he makes his boring little speech, go home, maybe make a passing reference to it to a parent, and then go and play jacks or whatever the hell these whippersnappers do nowadays.. Listen to rap music or something. Maybe get beaten by their alcoholic father, or have a shoe shoved up their @ss by their bi-polar and crazy mother.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 2:15:36 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I actually agree with Sadolite on this. While I don't exactly see this as front page news, children will not be able to understand what is going on with the jobs bill and will go along with whatever he says. He should be talking to them about getting an education and being good for Santa, not trying to sell a political message.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 5:17:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 10:53:34 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Biden is an idiot. Enough said.

Socialists are idiots. Enough said. See how easy that was?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 7:15:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 11:31:46 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I don't see how a visit like this would cost tax dollars.

I meant to say the school seemed like it was a public school. The kids are doomed already, Biden won't make a dent on these kid's lives.
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 4:22:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Heres bidens latest shame. Murder and rape will increase if the jobs bill isn't passed.

I contend that if Obama is reelected rape and murder will increase because none of his fiscal policies will do anything to increase "private sector" job growth. Ya sure hundreds of thousands of temporary gov't jobs at the expense of the private sector. Unemployment will not change and people will resort to murder and rape to take out their frustrations because they can't get a permanent job. I am being sarcastic, Biden is being serious. There is no difference between the two scenarios other than Biden is a fear mongering Ahole and unfit to hold public office.

What happens every time the gov't tries to stimulate the economy? The money runs out, we are that much more in debt, and back to square one. What part of gov't does not create jobs don't people understand.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 9:23:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 5:17:18 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/19/2011 10:53:34 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Biden is an idiot. Enough said.

Socialists are idiots. Enough said. See how easy that was?

What's your point?
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 9:26:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 9:23:22 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 10/20/2011 5:17:18 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/19/2011 10:53:34 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Biden is an idiot. Enough said.

Socialists are idiots. Enough said. See how easy that was?

What's your point?

Your post lacked substance.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 11:21:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 9:26:16 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/20/2011 9:23:22 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 10/20/2011 5:17:18 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/19/2011 10:53:34 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Biden is an idiot. Enough said.

Socialists are idiots. Enough said. See how easy that was?

What's your point?

Your post lacked substance.

That's debateable LOL
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 11:24:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 10:53:51 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 10/19/2011 10:43:56 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Yet everyday, kids of all grades recite the pledge of allegiance for years and years before they are even capable of understanding what it means.

Reciting the pledge of allegiance instills pride in ones country. I know that is considered bad to have pride in the country you live in now, but at least it wont cost the tax payers 500 billion dollars.
The pledge of allegiance was written by a socialist to teach obedience, not pride of any sort (let alone the moronic sort about where one is born.)
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 11:34:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 11:24:21 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 10/19/2011 10:53:51 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 10/19/2011 10:43:56 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Yet everyday, kids of all grades recite the pledge of allegiance for years and years before they are even capable of understanding what it means.

Reciting the pledge of allegiance instills pride in ones country. I know that is considered bad to have pride in the country you live in now, but at least it wont cost the tax payers 500 billion dollars.
The pledge of allegiance was written by a socialist to teach obedience, not pride of any sort (let alone the moronic sort about where one is born.)

HMM I always felt pride for my country when I recited it as a child. Well like I said earlier it is wrong to feel proud of the country you live in.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%