Total Posts:36|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Political Spectrum Chart

DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 6:15:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I Made a Political Spectrum Chart;
http://www.debate.org...

If you want I can map your position using excel , based on your profile issues.

The Axis are
Sociocultural (Left-Right), and Sociopolitical

Left Wing favors Sociocultural Reformism, while Right Wing favors Sociocultural Traditionalism.

Statist favors More Sociopolitical authority, while Libertarian favors less Sociopolitical authority.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 6:25:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Why not?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 8:05:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 6:25:46 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Why not?

http://www.debate.org...

You are a Left Wing Libertarian, and borderline Social-Liberal
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 8:14:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Why am I?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 8:16:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 8:05:10 PM, DanT wrote:
At 10/20/2011 6:25:46 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Why not?

http://www.debate.org...

You are a Left Wing Libertarian, and borderline Social-Liberal

Say what? I've always considered myself a right-wing libertarian.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 8:17:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 8:16:24 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/20/2011 8:05:10 PM, DanT wrote:
At 10/20/2011 6:25:46 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Why not?

http://www.debate.org...

You are a Left Wing Libertarian, and borderline Social-Liberal

Say what? I've always considered myself a right-wing libertarian.

Nevermind. Nevermind. I didn't read the first post well enough. Lol. It fits me.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 8:17:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Me please!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 8:19:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Your chart is kind of weird though since it barely differentiates between the propertarianism and anti-propertarianism forms of anarchism.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 8:21:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 8:19:51 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Your chart is kind of weird though since it barely differentiates between the propertarianism and anti-propertarianism forms of anarchism.

This. According to the chart, I'm ACTUALLY riding the fence between social-liberalism and anarchism.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 8:31:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 8:21:18 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/20/2011 8:19:51 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Your chart is kind of weird though since it barely differentiates between the propertarianism and anti-propertarianism forms of anarchism.

This. According to the chart, I'm ACTUALLY riding the fence between social-liberalism and anarchism.

I think it would be good to end this ridiculous dispute between socialist anarchists and Ancaps regarding our validity as an anarchist school of thought, but at the same time the differences in propertarianism and anti-propertarian schools is enough to deserve some distinction.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 8:39:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 8:31:12 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/20/2011 8:21:18 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/20/2011 8:19:51 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Your chart is kind of weird though since it barely differentiates between the propertarianism and anti-propertarianism forms of anarchism.

This. According to the chart, I'm ACTUALLY riding the fence between social-liberalism and anarchism.

I think it would be good to end this ridiculous dispute between socialist anarchists and Ancaps regarding our validity as an anarchist school of thought, but at the same time the differences in propertarianism and anti-propertarian schools is enough to deserve some distinction.

From the (very little) I've actually looked specifically into ancap and ancom, I believe ancap is much more consistent and reasonable. They're both VALID, but Ancom I just cannot get my head around.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 8:45:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 8:14:01 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Why am I?

Anarchist

http://www.debate.org...
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 8:47:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 8:39:51 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/20/2011 8:31:12 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/20/2011 8:21:18 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/20/2011 8:19:51 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Your chart is kind of weird though since it barely differentiates between the propertarianism and anti-propertarianism forms of anarchism.

This. According to the chart, I'm ACTUALLY riding the fence between social-liberalism and anarchism.

I think it would be good to end this ridiculous dispute between socialist anarchists and Ancaps regarding our validity as an anarchist school of thought, but at the same time the differences in propertarianism and anti-propertarian schools is enough to deserve some distinction.

From the (very little) I've actually looked specifically into ancap and ancom, I believe ancap is much more consistent and reasonable. They're both VALID, but Ancom I just cannot get my head around.

I disagree with it as well, though at least I recognize that it's a part of anarchism.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 8:49:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 8:45:48 PM, DanT wrote:
At 10/20/2011 8:14:01 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Why am I?

Anarchist

http://www.debate.org...

Anarcho communist, mutualist, agorist, individualist, collectivist, anarcho capitalist, anarcho syndicalist........?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 9:13:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 8:17:55 PM, thett3 wrote:
Me please!

Traditional Conservative borderline Nationalist

http://www.debate.org...

As a side note Lincoln was nationalist, because he believed what was good for the union was ultimately good for the member states.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 9:32:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Right Wing Libertarians are Classic Liberals
Left Wing Libertarians are Anarchists

Left wing Libertarians include both Anarcho-socialists and Anarco-Capitalists

This chart does not differentiate between Anarcho-Capitalists and Anarcho-Socialists because they are both Left Wing Libertarians
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 9:40:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Also it should be interesting to note that often the trend is that the farther left or right you are, the more extremist you will be. For example, If you look at the DDO political compass, the general shift is a parabola. The anarcho-capitalists tended to be far right and far libertarian, but according to your chart, many of the anarcho-capitalists would be split into classical liberal or liberal conservatives despite their similar ideologies.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 9:44:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 9:43:15 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
DanT, could you do me?
And me?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 9:50:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 9:22:27 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 10/20/2011 6:25:46 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Why not?

Sure, This should be interesting

You are a centrist falling in the classic liberal category. Although you are a classic liberal, you are so far in the center that you could easily switch to some other ideology.

http://www.debate.org...
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 9:52:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 9:32:47 PM, DanT wrote:
Right Wing Libertarians are Classic Liberals
Left Wing Libertarians are Anarchists

Left wing Libertarians include both Anarcho-socialists and Anarco-Capitalists

This chart does not differentiate between Anarcho-Capitalists and Anarcho-Socialists because they are both Left Wing Libertarians

Right wing is based on capitalism and free markets, while left wing is more socialist and command economy.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 10:00:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 9:44:16 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/20/2011 9:43:15 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
DanT, could you do me?
And me?

It's good to note that the more limited your issues are the more inaccurate this will be.

You came out Social Liberal

http://www.debate.org...
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 10:08:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 9:52:00 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/20/2011 9:32:47 PM, DanT wrote:
Right Wing Libertarians are Classic Liberals
Left Wing Libertarians are Anarchists

Left wing Libertarians include both Anarcho-socialists and Anarco-Capitalists

This chart does not differentiate between Anarcho-Capitalists and Anarcho-Socialists because they are both Left Wing Libertarians

Right wing is based on capitalism and free markets, while left wing is more socialist and command economy.

No look up the definitions.

(n) Left Wing: Those who support varying degrees of social or political or economic change designed to promote the public welfare
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...

(n) Right Wing: those who support political or social or economic conservatism; those who believe that things are better left unchanged
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...

(n) Left-Wing: supporting political reform to make society more egalitarian, secular, and/or democratic
http://en.wiktionary.org...

(n) Right-Wing: politically in favor of preserving traditional social orders and heirarchies, and/or government non-interference in economic affairs
http://en.wiktionary.org...
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 12:11:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 9:44:16 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/20/2011 9:43:15 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
DanT, could you do me?
And me?

I was going to ask the same but it looks like you've got a list of people to do first.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 1:18:57 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/21/2011 12:11:41 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 10/20/2011 9:44:16 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/20/2011 9:43:15 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
DanT, could you do me?
And me?

I was going to ask the same but it looks like you've got a list of people to do first.

BlackVoid: Progressive
http://www.debate.org...

Man-is-good: social liberal
http://www.debate.org...

jimtimmy: classic liberal
http://www.debate.org...

thett3: Traditional Conservative/Nationalist
http://www.debate.org...

socialpinko: Anarchist
http://www.debate.org...

DetectableNinja: Anarchist/Social Liberal
http://www.debate.org...

Terms;

Collectivist: One who favors more Sociopolitical authority
Individualist: One who favors less Sociopolitical authority

Left: One who favors Sociocultural reformism
Right: One who favors Sociocultural traditionalism

Socialist: Socioeconomic collectivist
Nationalist: Sociocultural collectivist

Progressive: Left wing Collectivist
Traditional Conservative: Right Wing Collectivist

Social Liberal: Left wing Individualist
Liberal Conservative: Right Wing Individualist

Classic Liberal: Socioeconomic individualist
Anarchist: Sociocultural individualist
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 11:54:36 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
lol, at Jimtimmy being a near centrist, the guy is practically ancap. I can't think of any centrists, or near centriists that want to repeal the 1964 civil rights act because they should be allowed to discriminate based on skin color if they want.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 11:59:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/21/2011 11:54:36 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
lol, at Jimtimmy being a near centrist, the guy is practically ancap. I can't think of any centrists, or near centriists that want to repeal the 1964 civil rights act because they should be allowed to discriminate based on skin color if they want.

Lol I wonder what ore_ele would come up as.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 12:01:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/21/2011 11:59:34 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/21/2011 11:54:36 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
lol, at Jimtimmy being a near centrist, the guy is practically ancap. I can't think of any centrists, or near centriists that want to repeal the 1964 civil rights act because they should be allowed to discriminate based on skin color if they want.

Lol I wonder what ore_ele would come up as.

lol, I wonder too.

Well, actually, I know where I should be on that scale.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"