Jump to topic:

Deregulation and the Financial Crisis

jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 10:37:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I hear people say all the time "Bush's Deregulation Caused the Financial Crisis!".

This notion has virtually no support among economists or any serious person, yet it still gets repeated.

There was no Deregulation under the Bush Administration... The only thing Bush did was INCREASE regulations

There was a Deregulation bill in the late 1990s that got bipartisan support, and was signed by Democrat Bill CLinton... But it had nothing to do with the Crisis...

So, this "Deregulation Caused the Crisis" stupidity is just that, stupidity. And, if someone wants to push this idea, they have the BoP... and they need to explain it...
President of DDO
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 10:42:38 PM
Didn't Bush increase the size of the State?
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 10:55:30 PM
At 10/20/2011 10:50:30 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Teaparty: Pro bush, anti regulation
Bush: Pro regulation
Obama: More pro regulation.

WTF

I'm not a Tea Partier... But, the Tea Party is not Pro Bush...
President of DDO
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 10:57:22 PM
At 10/20/2011 10:50:30 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Teaparty: Pro bush, anti regulation
Bush: Pro regulation
Obama: More pro regulation.

WTF

The Tea Party was created by Ron Paul supporters. Ron Paul is a Libertarian, who criticized Bush's policies.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 12:16:53 AM
At 10/20/2011 10:37:39 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
I hear people say all the time "Bush's Deregulation Caused the Financial Crisis!".

This notion has virtually no support among economists or any serious person, yet it still gets repeated.

There was no Deregulation under the Bush Administration... The only thing Bush did was INCREASE regulations

There was a Deregulation bill in the late 1990s that got bipartisan support, and was signed by Democrat Bill CLinton... But it had nothing to do with the Crisis...

So, this "Deregulation Caused the Crisis" stupidity is just that, stupidity. And, if someone wants to push this idea, they have the BoP... and they need to explain it...

I've never heard anyone say it was Bush's regulations that caused the crisis. It's Graham-Bliley-Leechy and stuff from the last few decades that people say when they talk about "deregulation was responsible for the crisis."
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 12:21:58 AM
At 10/21/2011 12:16:53 AM, Wnope wrote:
At 10/20/2011 10:37:39 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

I've never heard anyone say it was Bush's regulations that caused the crisis. It's Graham-Bliley-Leechy and stuff from the last few decades that people say when they talk about "deregulation was responsible for the crisis."

You've never heard anyone say Bush's Regulation Policy caused the crisis?

Nancy Pelosi:

"the Bush Administration's eight long years of failed deregulation policies have resulted in our nation's largest bailout ever, leaving the American taxpayers on the hook potentially for billions of dollars."

She's somebody...

Furthermore, there is no reason to believe that any of the deregulation of the past decades had ANYTHING to do with the crisis...
President of DDO