Herman Cain TV Ad

Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2011 11:11:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/26/2011 11:04:25 PM, mongeese wrote:
It was decent until he decided to take a puff of smoke.

Exactly. The creeper smile at the end was also pretty stupid.
CrimsonTokala
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 12:15:48 PM
Well, I know who i'm not going to vote for now. Not that i'd vote for him in the first place, but seriously. Was he trying to be funny or is that ad for real?
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 6:43:15 PM
At 10/27/2011 12:15:48 PM, CrimsonTokala wrote:
Well, I know who i'm not going to vote for now. Not that i'd vote for him in the first place, but seriously. Was he trying to be funny or is that ad for real?

Thats a legit ad.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2011 1:49:54 AM
At 10/26/2011 11:04:25 PM, mongeese wrote:
It was decent until he decided to take a puff of smoke.

Hell no it wasn't. It was full of cliche's and the most vague praises ever that you could say for ANY candidate. "______ can put united back in the United States of America" "America has never seen a candidate like ______" etc etc etc. That is in no way decent, even though it might appear that way compared to the even more horrible second half of the ad: the random smoking part, that terrible 80s sounding "I am America" music, and Cain's extremely weird and creepy facial expression at the end (stares at the camera for a few seconds and smiles very very slowly).

If there was any proof that this guy does not give a flying fvck about getting elected, this is it. Either that or he is literally mentally retarded.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2011 2:05:22 AM
I'm a firm believer in the "it's so bad it's good" school of thought.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2011 2:06:43 AM
I really hope that AD was created by some 20 something living in his mothers basement with way too much time on his hands. I have a hard time believing that was serious.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2011 2:25:30 AM
At 10/28/2011 2:05:22 AM, Reasoning wrote:
I'm a firm believer in the "it's so bad it's good" school of thought.

I don't understand how that "school of thought" makes any sense. Unless you're a Herman Cain supporter and you're just finding ways to justify an undeniably terrible, downright strange ad.
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2011 9:37:51 AM
The responses here indicate how conformist most are in our society. The fact that you don't get it indicates you probably won't unless your leaders tell you its OK.
HandsOff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2011 10:34:57 AM
At 10/26/2011 10:56:42 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
This is the worst campaign ad ever created.

It's the worst I've seen in all my years.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2011 2:38:06 PM
About the guy in the video:

"Meet Mark Block, Cain's unorthodox campaign manager. Perhaps no one is more responsible for the Georgia businessman's meteoric rise in the presidential polls than Block, a Republican strategist and tea party leader who's left a trail of questionable campaign work behind him.

Block has been accused of voter suppression and was banned from running Wisconsin political campaigns for three years to settle accusations he coordinated a judge's re-election campaign with a special interest group.

Records show Block has faced foreclosure on his home, a tax warrant by the Internal Revenue Service and a lawsuit for an unpaid bill. He also acknowledges he was arrested twice for drunken driving
."

-- http://www.foxnews.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2011 2:57:53 PM
At 10/28/2011 2:38:06 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
About the guy in the video:

"Meet Mark Block, Cain's unorthodox campaign manager. Perhaps no one is more responsible for the Georgia businessman's meteoric rise in the presidential polls than Block, a Republican strategist and tea party leader who's left a trail of questionable campaign work behind him.

Block has been accused of voter suppression and was banned from running Wisconsin political campaigns for three years to settle accusations he coordinated a judge's re-election campaign with a special interest group.

Records show Block has faced foreclosure on his home, a tax warrant by the Internal Revenue Service and a lawsuit for an unpaid bill. He also acknowledges he was arrested twice for drunken driving
."

-- http://www.foxnews.com...

Not surprising.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...