Jump to topic:

Why do you/don't you believe - Global Warming

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:10:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Why do you or don't you believe in man made Global Warming.

Do

Do explain what books or movies, or reports convinced you
Do mention Politicians, Scientists, and Public figures who has influenced you.
Do explain your scientific reasoning
Do explain your logic and reasoning

Don't

Don't be vague, and say things like, "because science supports/doesn't support it"

Don't use the scientific consensus excuse. It is debatable whether there is actually a scientific consensus on the issue, further more a scientific consensus is not a scientific argument, and it is not part of the scientific method.

-----------------------------------------

For me, I don't believe because climate naturally changes all throughout history, and the current trend is not unusual. Further more I don't agree because all the models are highly flawed, and the global warming alarmists do nothing to correct the flaws. Anyone who disagrees is attacked, which I fin very unscientific. I have yet to see a legitimate piece of evidence to prove man causes Global Warming.

One person who has influenced my decision, is my Grandfather, who worked for NASA, and has studied engineering and Cosmology. In the past he has worked on a projects to deal with both Global cooling and Global warming, and Climate Change alarmists rejected all the ideas proposed for bizarre and contradictory reasons. My grandfather did not believe in either man made Global Warming or Global Cooling. He was a very intelligent man, and very well respected, especially for his intelligence.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
HandsOff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:17:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/27/2011 9:10:13 PM, DanT wrote:
Why do you or don't you believe in man made Global Warming.

Do

Do explain what books or movies, or reports convinced you
Do mention Politicians, Scientists, and Public figures who has influenced you.
Do explain your scientific reasoning
Do explain your logic and reasoning

Don't

Don't be vague, and say things like, "because science supports/doesn't support it"

Don't use the scientific consensus excuse. It is debatable whether there is actually a scientific consensus on the issue, further more a scientific consensus is not a scientific argument, and it is not part of the scientific method.

All I needed to hear is that modern-day temperature fluctuations have never exceeded those that occurred well before the first CO2-producing factory or car was ever produced. That was enough for me to ignore the issue. Simple logic works best.