Jump to topic:

Third Parties

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2011 2:48:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
According to Gallup, both of the primary parties have lower than a 50% approval rating. http://www.gallup.com...

So how is it that other parties have not been able to get in the game? Why do they still vote for these parties that they don't like? Perhaps a better question, why do YOU?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2011 2:56:05 AM
It's not about home much you like the political party but how much you dislike the other party. Third party candidates general don't stand a chance, because people feel as If its a waste of a vote to vote for third party, and thus a fulfilling prophecy occurs.If your disappointed with politics so much, your more likely not to vote then to vote third party.

It's pretty much confirmed in political science that a majority voting system leads to a two party system.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2011 2:58:03 AM
They should merge the politics and sports section. What the fvck is the difference?

Why no football forum?

Vote for Cosmic Alfonzo

That totally wasn't me who jumped out of your mother's bedroom window naked that one night.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2011 3:03:02 AM
At 10/28/2011 2:59:30 AM, Kinesis wrote:
That totally wasn't me who jumped out of your mother's bedroom window naked that one night.

Dude, my mom's dead.

Yeah man, totally wasn't me.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp