Jump to topic:

Progressives and Black Conservatives

logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 12:19:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Seems Progressives have a methodology they think works based upon the long held belief of the African American male's desire for romance. First to feel this Old South attack was Clarence Thomas, who had the outright audacity to be conservative and marry a white woman. Now we have Herman Cain, no specific allegation just "inappropriate conduct" never in court, only alleged, investigated by someone, no proof offered, and embarrassment so severe that there was a settlement agreement where the woman got paid.

It seems that Progressives have support for Blacks so long as Blacks know their place, voting for democrats.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 12:26:54 PM
It seems that Progressives have support for Blacks so long as Blacks know their place, voting for democrats.:

ABSOLUTELY correct, sir.

It used to be fashionable amongst progressives to malign all black conservatives as "Uncle Tom's." That's become more socially unacceptable behavior, as of late, but the Democrats still fully believe that shackling the black man to a sanitized version of a plantation mentality = black folk who embody "authentic black culture"... Which is absolutely ridiculous, of course.

Recommended reading on this subject: "Black Rednecks, and White Liberals" by Thomas Sowell.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 12:32:37 PM
At 11/5/2011 12:26:54 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
It seems that Progressives have support for Blacks so long as Blacks know their place, voting for democrats.:

ABSOLUTELY correct, sir.

It used to be fashionable amongst progressives to malign all black conservatives as "Uncle Tom's." That's become more socially unacceptable behavior, as of late, but the Democrats still fully believe that shackling the black man to a sanitized version of a plantation mentality = black folk who embody "authentic black culture"... Which is absolutely ridiculous, of course.

Recommended reading on this subject: "Black Rednecks, and White Liberals" by Thomas Sowell.

Black Rednecks are more real than you could possibly imagine.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 12:53:27 PM

Black Rednecks are more real than you could possibly imagine.:

In relation to the book, the term denoting "black rednecks" is [probably] not what you think it means.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 3:03:35 PM
At 11/5/2011 12:53:27 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Black Rednecks are more real than you could possibly imagine.:

In relation to the book, the term denoting "black rednecks" is [probably] not what you think it means.

I read a summary quite some time ago and they were referencing conservatives [at least I think so, I read it about a year ago] but I was being a literalist about the Rednecks.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.